Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Hello, just making a spoiler allowed thread, you don't have to censor anything hear, so read at your own risk.

If anyone feels that they have to, they can use colors instead of the spoiler option. I'll edit in more options, if others think there should be.

A post with no coloring should be assumed Black. Of course, this is set by the poster's opinions, so keep that in mind.
Not too bad, won't change your experience.
Defiantly a spoiler, it's going to affect your experience.
Don't read, this could make or break your experience, gambling won't end well.
There's no point in even watching the anime or reading the manga.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: No. We aren't having another "discuss whatever entertainment thing you like thread". There is enough of those already on this site.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 am

ari-6 wrote:I would like to say all of my opinions regarding manga are quite well informed. It is known that SJ purposely draws out popular series to the point where a creator can be sued for trying to end it before the they are satisfied and this is what I dislike most about them. One Piece is the most popular manga in the world and I have heard the creator is the kind of genius who can string an intricate and involved plot over years and shock readers with twists that make them go back and read previous chapters while saying "I never saw it coming". That being said I really can not stand the art style and character design so I will probably never know for myself. Then you have work's like Dragon ball where the main character fights increasingly stronger enemies one after another to the point where he can bench press a planet. That kind of story has no value to me. I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions, I had no intention of confrontation.

Now if only Bleedman was the type of genius who can withe an intricate story over many years while throwing twists that make us go back and reread previous chapters, then we would not have to worry about things like two year fight scenes.

I personally don't think that you're well informed about the subject because you haven't actually read/watched One Piece. As for DBZ, you don't like it for the story, and you don't like One Piece for the art?
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 am

While waiting for the thread I have found many wonderful things, including other GT threads and a RWBY thread. I can not believe all this was here and I did not know about it. So anyway, how would you like to start the topic?

Damn I am slow at typing. I have seen all of Dragonball z except for the final ark.
Last edited by ari-6 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:05 am

Wait, you've spent all your time in the comic updates?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 am

Exactly, I was wondering how Tenshi had so many more posts than me. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:10 am

Dear God man. Get out there and explore the place.

As for this thread there can be a issue that comes up if it is just you two posting in here. I remember a while back where mods would break up large conversations between two people and tell them to take it to messages. I don't know how strict the policy is still. I haven't noticed any crack downs on that since I've been off my mission. Just fyi.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:11 am

Well, personally I dislike DBZ, but like any work, there are good points.

ari-6 wrote:I feel it happens to all the big name shonen battle manga. Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and the cause is usually poor writing and an overly long publication.

My only problem here was the mentioning of One Piece and Naruto. You were referring to bringing in an established character and having them beaten easily for the sole purpose of show casing another character. If you would kindly, give an example or two.

Also, Blood, ari isn't the only one that spends their time in a single area of the forums, as he mentioned in pm, it was easy to spot xD.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:27 am

Guys! New GT page! Alright, that is what hit a nerve? I see. Honestly I was just listing of big names for the purpose of the "Shonen syndrome" argument. I am aware that fighting is a big part of the most popular shonen but not all of them suffer from SS. What put me off Naruto was back when it was on TV I watched a couple of episodes. In the two that I saw, one consisted of a fight scene that lasted the entire episode and did not finish by the end. In the other the main character gave himself a gender switch using his magic kung-fu and I know it was meant to be comedic but I just did not find it funny. Also I have met many fans of Naruto and they all acted a certain way. I know that it is not wright to make an opinion on something based on the people who like it because of coarse not all of them act the same way but never the less, it happened. Wow, that was a lot of typing.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 am

Red Post

I did the same with Bleach, the disliking due to certain points. I gave it a shot, and you know what, I hate it more than I did before. Every god damn time anything ever fucking happens, some bullshit comes up and it turns out, the main character is more op than we originally thought. They slowly built up to the Aizen fight and what? He fucking goes god mode and basically one shots him, AFTER Aizen went on a one shot spree. I'm not going to continue into the next part of the series, but I dislike it too.

It was actually only last night, I met someone while out with friends, that loved Bleach. I didn't hate him immediately, I wanted to know why, and he explained it well. I respect Bleach more than I did before, greatly so, but I still hate that shit. He also has a similar distaste for One Piece, he explained to me why. I somehow never noticed the excessive abuse of plot armor, but in it's defense, they have an obscure way of explaining it.

I just don't think that the reference to SJ was needed, or supported.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:51 am

In dragon ball the editors realised that the chapters containing fight scenes garnered the highest rankings, and so geared the story more towards a fight manga than an adventure manga and this is not the only time it occurred. SJ have a policy of not allowing a creator to end a series when they think it should end but when SJ thinks it should. A policy like this could can run shorter successful series into the ground as well as create massive franchise names. A manga I am very much enjoying at the moment is Attack on Titan. The creator took his story to SJ hoping they would pick him up for publication. The editor he spoke to told him "It's good but it's not good enough for jump". He took the story to the biggest competitor and it became the third best selling manga today. This was an example of them overlooking talent because his idea did not fit the idea of what makes a great story. I do not hate Jump completely, I am currently enjoying reading Black Cat among others. I just do not respect it as much as others. I hope that made my thoughts clear.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 am

I do understand.

My mind melting atm, not because of that post, but because of one detail.

Black Cat? Is that still going? :D If it is, then god damn I'm slow.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:57 am

No it finished years ago, I am slow. As I hear it the creator has had three new projects since then.
gott ist tot

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 am

See it then believe it, even after it's out. That's my rule on spoilers, so BELIEVE IT.

I've recently finished Serial Experiments Lain and I thought it was weird how everything in it was depicted. Since everything is left up to our imagination, there's no way for me to even believe in Wikipedia. It's a total mindfuck, especially at the end; Lain just erases herself from reality and that's it? Not to say that I was expecting anything at all.

While this is in red, the anime is something you really have to interpret yourself. You can't really take my word for it for the rest of the episodes, though what I did say here however is absolute, for it is exactly what happens at the end. I'd watch it again though.
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:41 am

Is it true? Someone besides me watched Lain and enjoyed it? I thought I was alone (sob)
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 am

Curious, I've never seen it but it sounds weird. Must put on list.

What are your favorite and what are your more interesting anime/mangas, that anyone's sees?
The difference being, favorite is something you don't care for other people's opinion, you still love it.
Interesting you do care for other people's opinion and is something you suggest to give them a good impression of yourself.

My personal choices, atm would be...my opinion changes whenever I get introduced to something new
One Piece, it's long? Get over it, can't get enough. It's too weird? Comparing to the vast majority, it really isn't.
Ai Kora(manga only), this got me into anime/manga, RomCom, but shit, it's hilarious.
IdolM@ster, idc, I love it <3 Girls singing and bit drama. Some feels, not bad, but I can see how other may take it to heart.

Interesting suggestions...
To Aru Majutsu no Index/To aru Kagaku no Railgun. Index is fun and all, but I enjoy it because of Accelerator. Railgun is also okay, I love the sci-fi aspect, as well as Kuroko growing on you as the series progresses.
Steins;Gate, again sci-fi, and imo, has a shit ton more feels than Clannad(which I personally didn't connect too much to, besides KYOU BEING BEST GIRL)
Ano Hana, the last anime I saw that was focused on feels, pretty good if you watch to the end.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm

My top five:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Attack on Titan, Code Geass and Death Note. I know other people have different opinions and I would recommend them to anyone but I realise that a big part of why I like them is that they have things that appeal to me personally. Great characters, great character designs and a plot that requires plenty thought and plenty of twists.

I wouldn't recommend Lain to everyone. It requires a lot of thinking and often people do not think the plot is worth it. However to me it is very enjoyable and rivals Death Note for a place on my list.
gott ist tot

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 pm

ari-6 wrote:Is it true? Someone besides me watched Lain and enjoyed it? I thought I was alone (sob)

Yes, there are people out there who enjoy Lain, myself included.
I've watched Lain several times. I own all the dvds. Its one of those animes that I still enjoy to this day. Its bizarre to say the least, but I like it. The pacing and the tone is unusual for most of the anime I was aware of at the time I watched it, this was a series that really took its time and kept a lot of things to itself and avoided being too obvious with pretty much everything that was going on.

There's also a PS1 game based off of the anime that doesn't follow the story of the show exactly, but I've never played it.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:22 pm

There is also a Manga. If you have not seen it yet I recommend it. Mad Mutt I have to say Digimon Tamers was my favourite anime as a child.
gott ist tot

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Mine to.
The last couple of episodes where they were dealing with the D-Reaper was my favorite part. In fact some of my favorite parts of the show was its surprisingly darker (for a general audience show) moments.
And I was not aware of a Lain manga, I'll have to see if I can find that somewhere.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Are you aware that Lain and Digimon tamers had the same writer? I have heard about another series called Ghost Hound that he also wrote. I will watch it soon. What is more, Lain and Jury have the same voice actor.
gott ist tot

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Yes, I was aware of those things and its one of those things that I'm really glad lined up like that.
I don't watch as much anime as I use to, but I was thinking about checking out Ghost Hound. Also, that Attack on Titan that I keep hearing about all over the place.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:28 pm

It really has been a twist a chapter in recent volumes. I would recommend both the anime and manga but some people are put off by the unusual art style.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Lately, I've been getting into seinen/josei anime. So at the moment (excluding the major shounen anime), I'd say that Chihayafuru and Uchuu Kyoudai are somewhere in my list of favorites.

The anime that I would definitely watch again include: Sengoku Basara, Hanasaku Iroha, Kimi to Boku, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Eureka Seven and Tales of the Abyss. I really liked Ano Hana, Ano Natsu, Lovely Complex (manga and anime) and Clannad. However, it will probably be a while before I watch any of those again.

Love so Life is probably one of the few mangas that I'd read over and over again. It's so cute and fluffy c:

I really wanted to start watching the Index/Railgun series. Unfortunately, lack of time (and interest in other series) have prevented me from doing so. I'll get around to it eventually. I'm going to add this Lain series you guys are talking about to my list too. The manga may take a while for me to get to since I'm still backlogged on other series at the moment (Soul Eater, Kuroshitsuji and World's Greatest Disciple Kenichi (500+ chapters...wishing I'd started this sooner...) just to name a few).

The last two anime that frustrated me were Amnesia (Didn't finish) and Code:Breaker (Mainly because of the female protagonist).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 pm

WAIT!! Clannad...Kyou best girl?

Also, when you say female protagonist, you mean her personality, of the fact she's female?
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 pm

I just want to clarify, The Lain manga is a oneshot. The art is excellent as it was drawn by ABe Yoshitoshi and the story is suitably strange as Lain should be and I recommend it to any fan but it is not going to overtake the reading list of anyone.
I am surprised that, out of all the anime mentioned here Serial Experiments Lain is the one people are picking up on. It will be interesting to hear the varying opinions.
gott ist tot

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)