New Grim Tales: "When in doubt go to war" (7/1/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales: "When in doubt go to war" (7/1/13)

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 am

Blood Lord wrote:Minnie's scars in her last panel make it look as if she is crying.

Lots of stuff on this page to look at an consider. I'm predicting Grim will find Jr outside of the castle on his walk.

You could be right about Grim running into Jr on his walk outside. But I was thinking either Jr will be on the balcony outside his room, alone, doing some thinking, or he might have already decided to leave the castle, to go save Jeff.

Also I agree with you, Minnie's scars do kinda look like tears.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:45 am

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:maybe divide has a more literal sense than one would first think? all the underworlds are floating landmasses, yes? prehaps they were once a single landmass prior to this event. so the term would have dual meaning. just a thought.

Tenshi Nova wrote:The realms splitting?

That's what I meant. Also, Havoc's thought on Junior going to Jeff. It'd be interesting to see Demo, Jeff and Junior all together. The problem is, would Junior really leave his domain to enter another? He knows Him is an enemy and that after Mimi snuck into Grimskull, she wasn't well received. Also, I think Mandy would've made sure he doesn't go off and cause more trouble.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:53 am

Remember, he invaded Malebolgia (page "Necropollins") in the beginning to show Minnie those flowers. Malebolgia's location in the underworld hasn't been revealed, but it was known by Junior that his dad wouldn't be happy if he knew they were there, especially since it is outside the boundaries of his father's kingdom. I could see him leaving again, but my question involves whether or not he would leave Mimi there alone at Castle Grim? If she tried biting/attacking anyone else, I doubt they would try to understand why and just attack (Mandy may even use it as an excuse to lock her up?).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Tom E. Gemcity wrote:Ghost Zone has Pariah Dark.

In the Tourist Guide to the Underworld page viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54714 it lists Walker as the ruler of the Ghost Zone, not Pariah Dark or Clockwork. We can guess Pariah Dark is still locked up and Clockwork is very hands-off so he wouldn't be an actual ruler. Though there is a wonder if Dark Danny might end up causing trouble in the Ghost Zone now that he's off on his own.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm

I know Junior has that side to him, but I question if he would go find Jeff in a known enemy territory.

I do wonder if Walker has gotten any stronger. This is going to be a war of demons vs zombies. The known leaders are Death, a Great Demon know to have enslaved the Universe(or at least many galaxies), the Devil, and I'm willing to bet Mandy has a thermos(just in case).
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 am

I think it's possible Junior set off to help Jeff by himself. I think that kinda reckless behavior fits his character quite well. I wonder if he'll get some sort of combat training somewhere along the lines? Because as it sets, I hardly think he'd stand a chance against Him.

If Mandy has a ghost thermos, I wonder what else she could have, to use against her enemies? Like maybe Jack's sword is in her vault?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I do wonder if Walker has gotten any stronger. This is going to be a war of demons vs zombies. The known leaders are Death, a Great Demon know to have enslaved the Universe(or at least many galaxies), the Devil, and I'm willing to bet Mandy has a thermos(just in case).

Even in the show, he was one of the stronger ghost enemies. Often, the times when Danny defeated him was when he had help. Also, when in the Ghost Zone, Walker was able to be a much greater size, so its possible he's stronger in the Ghost Zone than he is on earth. Of course, if he successfully conquered most of the Ghost Zone, its quite likely he's gotten stronger, and he might even have some sort of kid to keep up in the "superstrong children" arms race.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:16 pm

If we do see a child from Walker, honestly speaking I kind of don't, who would the mother be?

I just remembered something. Humans are like the ghosts of the Ghost Zone. It would be funny to see someone(I'm thinking Mandy) walk into the prison ignoring all the security to speak with Walker.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:29 pm

If Walker has a child, I hope its a son.

As for Mom's, my ghost knowledge of Danny Phantom is rusty. Ember would be a popular choice, but I don't think her's and Walker's personalities match. It could be a OC as well.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I wonder if Danny Phantom is messing around in the Ghost Zone. Last I recall, he wanted to get back to fighting asap. He'd most likely go to the Ghost Zone for that, and I don't see Walker welcoming him.

I recall Ember was with Skulker in the show. Box Lunch was the result of Box Ghost and Lunch Lady. Johnny 13/Shadow is with Kitty. That's all the ghosts I can remember atm.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby myneopetsarestarving » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Well there is Spectra (the ghost school counselor). She's kinda like Mandy in my opinion. Her and Walker might actually work.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Ohh, that's a good one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Agreed. That poor child, having Walker and Spectra as parents. lol
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:58 pm

From the other thread:

Blood Lord wrote:. There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone. I always thought of it as spirits that haven't decided to move on yet, going with the typical approach to ghosts.

I did find something of interest concerning the Ghost Zone and Earth on a wiki:
It is revealed in "Livin' Large" that the Earth and the Ghost Zone share a dimensionally symbiotic bond, which goes so far that if the Ghost Zone is destroyed, Earth will be destroyed in the process as well, and vice versa.

So Earth is probably still there and surviving.
Here's the wiki if anyone is adventurous: http://dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Zone

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Blood Lord wrote:From the other thread:

Blood Lord wrote:. There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone. I always thought of it as spirits that haven't decided to move on yet, going with the typical approach to ghosts.

There ARE heroes in the Ghost Zone; Wulf and Frostbite come to mind.

myneopetsarestarving wrote:Well there is Spectra (the ghost school counselor). She's kinda like Mandy in my opinion. Her and Walker might actually work.

There is one big problem I see with that, Walker wouldn't be compatible with her either. Remember Walker is ALL about Law and Order, it's just his laws are rather draconian and his punishments rather disproportionate to the crimes. I'm not 100% sure but I am reasonably confident that Walker would consider Spectra a criminal as well, so there is NO WAY he'd have a relationship with her (and his own uber strict moral code likely rules out any sort of rape situation) Actually there may be a problem there, I'm not sure that there could be ANYONE that could live up to Walker's standards well enough he'd have a relationship with them. He might have a protégé or an apprentice but it's unlikely to actually be his kid.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Biostar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 pm

It could also be just an insignificant other. We don't need two canon parents for every kid, nor for both to be included.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Or Walker couldn't keep it in his pants that one night so long ago.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 pm

But that would indicate weakness and fallibility on his part and that is something Walker could NEVER do (or at least never admit to ). In many respects Walker is a Legalist (in the Early Chinese sense, not the modern Western one). The Rules are everything to him. It is essential that the rules be supreme. No one can be permitted to escape punishment. That's WHY he keeps going to such lengths to capture Danny, to let someone who he feels has broken the rules escape punishment is practically apostasy. NO ONE is above the law in his books and that probably includes himself. So he can't have "a moment of weakness" to admit that would require him to apply the punishment to himself.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Having a child is against the rules? Hell, maybe if Walker's and Spectra's child is miserable enough, we'll even see some Fairly Odd Parents. It'll teach the child to follow more rules, it'd be interesting imo.

I'm not actually expecting that to happen, but I'm probably going to make up an entire story about Walker/Spectra's child being miserable to the point of having Odd Parents. If anyone thinks it's as interesting as I do, we can go wild in the Lit section. xD I'm off to bed though, hopefully the idea catches on <3 I don't like being alone. :(
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Having a child is against the rules? Hell, maybe if Walker's and Spectra's child is miserable enough, we'll even see some Fairly Odd Parents. It'll teach the child to follow more rules, it'd be interesting imo.
(

Having a kid probably isn't against the rules, but having a relationship with a criminal, or having one out of whatever is the ghostly equivalent of wedlock probably is (so no one night stands). And it Walker's case, having a relationship PERIOD may be a no-no in his moral code; he strikes me as the "wholly devoted to the job" kind of guy.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 pm

If Aku/Him and Blossom could somehow have a child (Not confirmed just yet regarding Aku-Bloss but still implied), why not Walker and Spectra?

Here's something that was on the wiki for the show that describes Walker's personality:

Danny Phantom Wiki wrote:Walker is extremely strict and a stickler for his rules, always seeking to punish those who defy them. He commands his prison and minions with an iron fist and goes to whatever measures he has to in order to preserve order, even making up laws as he goes along. He also shows signs of being a coward by having a Wulf wear an electrical collar and almost putting the collar on Sam.

Also, didn't Walker technically play the role of a criminal in the show? Yes he was trying to maintain order, but him continually pursuing/harassing Danny in the human world doesn't exactly accomplish that does it? If nothing else, isn't Danny helping him by sending the ghosts back to the zone so that he doesn't have to track them down on Earth himself? From my perspective, he was only attempting to re-capture Danny to satisfy his own ego about never having lost a criminal. I mean why go back to the Human world and make everyone hate Danny ((How does that maintain order in the ghost zone) Sounded an awful lot more like him getting revenge than him trying to get justice)? Not to mention the whole hostage situation where he held the campers hostage in exchange for Danny and Wulf. (P.S. I had to use the wiki to refresh my memory about most of this stuff since everything is really hazy).

Who is to say that he won't just make up some mushy rule that says that she must love him? That aside though, I always thought that Spectra had a thing for Bertrand (that butler ghost who followed her around).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:31 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:If Aku/Him and Blossom could somehow have a child

I'm still cringing at the thought of both of them.

Yes he was trying to maintain order, but him continually pursuing/harassing Danny in the human world doesn't exactly accomplish that does it?

It accomplishes in punishing a fugitive. If it mends his ego, that's just a bonus.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:36 pm

That is true, I hadn't thought of it that way.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:17 am

All this talk about Walker and the Ghost Zone, has got me kinda interested. Now I'm kinda hoping will get to see it before too long.

Blood Lord wrote:So Earth is probably still there and surviving.
Here's the wiki if anyone is adventurous: http://dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Zone

Well I'm sure the Earth hasn't become a second Alderaan. However it's probably not doing well too well.
I have to wonder if well ever even get back to the world of the living in GT.

Blood Lord wrote:There could be heroes that are in the Ghost Zone. I always thought of it as spirits that haven't decided to move on yet, going with the typical approach to ghosts.

I don't know. Whenever I think of a prison located in the underworld, I think that's more of where "bad people" go, not "good people". But if there are Heroes that haven't moved on to heaven, I have where they would go. Right now I can't really think of anything. If anyone of the heroes were in the Ghost Zone prison, I'd expect I'd either be Blossom, or the traitor (unless there the same person). On a related note, I'm hoping if Jr goes on a journey to save Jeff, Raven will pull some Ben Kenobi shit, and guide him in spirit.

Blood Lord wrote:If Walker has a child, I hope its a son.

Agreed. We have too many female offspring in this comic, we need to balance out the ratio a bit.
I also hope if Walker does have a child, it's not another spawn of a PPG.

myneopetsarestarving wrote:Well there is Spectra (the ghost school counselor). She's kinda like Mandy in my opinion. Her and Walker might actually work.

That is an interesting idea. I can't even begin to imagine what the fuck this child would look like.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:52 am

Pretty sure if Walker scored Spectra that would be helping his ego; maybe while Walker was aggravated with being unable to capture Danny one day, Spectra walked in and did some friendly 'negotiation'. I also don't recall Spectra being in prison. No one wants to show weakness, that doesn't mean they don't. I don't think Walker showed a sign of weakness though, he may have wanted a child, or wanted a significant other.
Clockwork stated that it's been years since the events in Ultimate Enemy. If Danny Fenton had a child, I can see Walker being pushed to have one as well.
Basically, I'm saying there are a few ways that I can see Walker ending up with a child.

I sort of imagined the child with Spectra's(human form) liking, wearing a purple suit. Ofc, that's how I imagined it in my head when I thought up the Fairly Odd Parents thing. The Odd Parent is Poof. His first Godchild, straight out of Fairy Academy.
Edit: I thought that if they choose to introduce Walker with Spectra, that she would be in her ghost form. The title of the page could be 'Black or White' :D cuz it don't matter if their kid(s)' are black or white. Woo! :D Get the reference? :)
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)