New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:24 pm

inbeforemissedpantieshotmoments
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Blossom: Mandark was mad with grief! He killed himself!
Bell: Shaduup!

For some reason I think this will turn into spiderman 3.
I like how Bleedman is trying not to look like a pedophile anymore. Many people hate him because he is a pedophile. I never really cared much.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I knew Blossom couldn't block all that.
Wait... Does Blossom know Mandark's real name is Susan? I don't remember that happening.
Buttercup is so gonna block that attack of Bell's. Judging from the panel that Blossom is laying there defenseless

@ Mad Doc- What's so pedophile about this page?
I am the Winner

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 pm

I said I like how Bleedman is trying to not look pedo. Many people hate him because many believe him to be a pedophile. I never stated anything about this page suggesting Lolicon. Just that Bleedman is trying to stop doing it.

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Interesting, so Bell is at least somewhat (if not fully) aware of the bomb's function. So it seems inevitable that Buttercup helps Blossom now, but I do wonder if Sam is truly down for the count (I'm thinking no, but who knows). I think it's interesting how Jack's sword disappeared in this page. I wonder how (or if) it will play a part in all this.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jest Greyskin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

I kinda hate how vulnerable Blossom is portrayed now. She's gone from a smart, confident hero to a whimpering girl; apologizing to her enemy.

I get that she technically IS a little girl, but how am I suppose to take her seriously after this if I just think she's gonna break down anytime she starts to lose?

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Don't forget about buttercup. She's still there. Clearly, in order to defeat bell, they all three must work together, as they always had. But even Blossom's intellect couldn't stop Bell's sheer power. Thats why it's rather stupid to attack her individually.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:13 pm

@Jest Greyskin:

Second.
In a single page Blossom has become what she was in the first story arch with Mandark.
A helpless little waifu who needs saving...

Please tell me this is a trick she's using or something.
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:15 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I said I like how Bleedman is trying to not look pedo. Many people hate him because many believe him to be a pedophile. I never stated anything about this page suggesting Lolicon. Just that Bleedman is trying to stop doing it.

I know what you said. I just wonder if you are a pedo (not saying Bleedman really is), how can you make it not look pedo?

@Mad Doc other comment
Yeah, I just mentioned that Buttercup is so gonna block that attack of Bell's
I am the Winner

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 pm

She's not invincible. I think it's normal that she's sprawled out in pain right now. Those burns probably hurt a lot. It's probably not that easy to think logically through the pain she must be experiencing (add to the possible fatigue from Sherlock mode (I think there was fatigue right?) and she must be exhausted). I'm sure she just wants this all to end as peacefully as possible (plus she knows that she isn't stronger than Bell so what is she going to do?). That is just my opinion though.

@MadDoctor I don't think she had much choice with fighting her solo. It was either confront her or let the bomb detonate.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:31 pm

How about not begging and trying to think on her feet and constantly try to find a way out even when all hope seems lost. Like a superhero should.
Its okay if she wants to try to talk down Bell, but don't act like she's a frightened little rabbit about to get gutted by a hungry fox. But if Watership Down has taught me anything, its that even a rabbit would still fight back in that situation.
Its completely lacking in dignity and it makes her look like a coward and Blossom, at least the one I'm familiar with, is not a coward. Blossom's had her whole body lit on fire multiple times and has been burned to a crisp and she didn't resort to crying and begging.
"How can you be so mad at me Bell?"
Because she's a villain, that's why.

The fact that she's loosing isn't what bothers me, you don't want your heroes to be totally invincible, its how she's reacting to loosing.
Bark

Postby Jest Greyskin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 pm

@Mad-Mutt:

Exactly! I just want her to show a little dignity, that's all.

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Mutt, Jest: what did Dexter and Blossom agree upon with the Sherlock power?

It is extremely difficult to maintain. If you lose it, it's lost until you can recover. Bell is not letting Blossom recover. The change is there because the change has HAPPENED and the sherlock mode has been lost. Blossom said before she even began her super maneuver that it was a gamble, and that Bell was stronger than her.

Intelligence doesn't count for diddly if strength overwhelms every route intellect tries to take. Paper Rock Scissors, bruddos.

edit:

Specifically, think about what Bell is saying to Blossom: She isn't just going to kill her, she is going to kill her for the specific purpose of making the ones Blossom loves suffer. That is not something you react to with dignity when you are writhing in pain.

As someone familiar with pain, I am rather keenly aware that dignity is a luxury, and even in a story, this is true.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Which means it's time to add more strength to Blossom's side of the equation. A green-eyed devil, to be specific.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

@BeeAre:
This is what I had planned to write before your post just now.

I would be surprised if this page was how BeeAre wrote it and Bleedman changed the dialogue.
In his story, "Puff Most Epic" Blossom is presumed dead for I think it was 8 years, but it truth, Mojo had captured her and did some experiments on her. And after returning as a weakened and almost super powerless superhero her response to how bad things had gotten was to help her sisters get over their own issues and get the band back together. She didn't let the harshness of the situation bring her down and her determination was as strong as ever. She took her time and went about it logically and I'm sure she had moments of self doubt, but BeeAre seems like the kind of person who views Blossom as a strong willed and brave individual.
I have a hard time believing that he would think it would be a good idea to have Blossom laying on the floor begging for her life.
How weird would it be if Batman did something like that.
"Joker, please don't hit me anymore. Why are you some mean?"

Now this is what I've added:
So, if Blossom's uses the Sherlock mode she's so mentally drained that she becomes a frightened little child? Even if that is the case, have you ever heard the expression that fear gives men wings? And its not her intelligence that failing that bothers me. Its her reaction to her situation.

BeeAre, I usually like your writing, but this page just seems wrong to me.
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:00 pm

I was thinking that both situations pointed out where Blossom seems like a defenseless waifu, has the same logical explanation for it. Bell is stronger than Blossom, Blossom got her ass kicked both times, simple. She's crying now? Well she's a superhero. She feels partially responsible for Mandark dying the way he did. Remember when Blossom and Dexter talked about losing a sibling? She realizes that Bell feels the same and that Bell has to take it out on someone. Not to mention Blossom thought Bell was suicide bombing the area, she questioned Bell, thinking that Bell had the intent to kill herself and Gir. Blossom is confused atm, she knows Bell wants to keep Gir alive, she thought the bomb was going to kill everyone, she's questioning why Bell would let Gir get destroyed via bomb, Bell is hinting to her the bomb isn't killing anything and that's topped with the guilt of being part of Mandark's death/fear of dying and leaving her loved ones.......again. Oh, forgot to mention Sherlock Mode, Burned Hands and Bloodthirsty Tag-Team.
Try to process all this information and action in the few seconds she has.

That was fun, it's night for me, so see you all in 24 :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Something about Bell's dialogue seem awkward and forced. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Well, Mad Doc said something about a Spider-Man 3 moment which it seems like it is. My thing is how would Blossom know who Susan is.

I know this has nothing to do with the webcomic, but I dug this up about Man of Steel. Not Jenny Olsen, but Jenny... http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8206 ... urwich.jpg
I am the Winner

Postby Teran » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:35 am

It's a bit... interesting (baffling to me), to say it this way, how Blossom tries to reason with Bell. Dunno, since Blossom reached Bell, I found their conversation a bit awkward. Trying to convince someone who was involved in a murder attempt against your life to quit, and at the same time constantly apologizing for your actions?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 am

This is actually somewhat close to how I predicted this would play out. Bell over powering Blossom, and Blossom at Bell's mercy, Buttercup comes in and help. However I thought Buttercup would have dispatched of Samantha by now. I was also right about Bell holding a grudge over what happened to Mandark.

I'm predicting Buttercup will come in and save Blossom from Bell. Come to think of it, if this is true, this'll be the second time Buttercup has saved Blossom's ass.

Now my question is; how will Buttercup save Blossom? I think she'll either: intercept the attack by blocking Bell's foot, simply fly in and tackle Bell, throw the Bola at Bell, fire an energy blast of some kind, or fly in and use Jack's sword on Bell (that last one is my favorite).

As for the "Blossom being defenseless and begging for mercy" thing, I'm not really complaining.
To me, it makes her seem more human. And I mean, C'mon, it's not like she didn't put up a good fight. However personally, I wish she would have gotten some hits in before she went all helpless.

@BeeAre: Hey BR. Will Samantha have a back story before she kicks the bucket? You know, an established reason for her being where she is now. Me and some of the other people here were kinda wondering this in the last thread update.

bluebluetopaz wrote:Interesting, so Bell is at least somewhat (if not fully) aware of the bomb's function. So it seems inevitable that Buttercup helps Blossom now, but I do wonder if Sam is truly down for the count (I'm thinking no, but who knows). I think it's interesting how Jack's sword disappeared in this page. I wonder how (or if) it will play a part in all this.

Yeah, It's a little surprising Bell knows what's going on. However I think there was something mentioned a few pages ago about the fact Bell knew about what was going on. If she didn't know the entirety of what was going on, I don't think she'd be so willing to go through with it.

I think Samantha's down, but not out. However, I think those bolas did some serious damage. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time she gets back up, she'll be in bad shape. Like her head will be bent funny, and/or a portion of her head will be missing with sparks coming out (also there might be a lot of blood if part of her is still organic).

As for Jack's sword. Like I said above, I'm hoping Buttercup will use it on Bell. I think It's a strong possibility at this point.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 am

Havoc751 wrote:This is actually somewhat close to how I predicted this would play out. Bell over powering Blossom, and Blossom at Bell's mercy, Buttercup comes in and help. However I thought Buttercup would have dispatched of Samantha by now. I was also right about Bell holding a grudge over what happened to Mandark.
Yeah, this is kinda what I though too. Then the story made Blossom seem like this Bamf that can't be stopped... until she CAN be stopped. Like now, making her badassery essentially amount to literally nothing.
Havoc751 wrote:Now my question is; how will Buttercup save Blossom? I think she'll either: intercept the attack by blocking Bell's foot, simply fly in and tackle Bell, throw the Bola at Bell, fire an energy blast of some kind, or fly in and use Jack's sword on Bell (that last one is my favorite).
Every page predicts the next page to use the sword, but it never really happens. This fight needs to hurry up and get to the point before Bell turns into a James Bond villain. :unsure:
Havoc751 wrote:As for the "Blossom being defenseless and begging for mercy" thing, I'm not really complaining.
To me, it makes her seem more human. And I mean, C'mon, it's not like she didn't put up a good fight. However personally, I wish she would have gotten some hits in before she went all helpless.
Pretty much this.

Blossom was in a point where she could have killed her, knocked her out, threw her somewhere, tormented her, convinced her to stop or anything- but she decided to do the smart thing; Nothing. Because that's how Sherlock would do it apparently.

It's ironic that we are calling it Sherlock mode since Blossom has been using it in a very stupid way and now can't use it anymore because the person she was fighting- that she could have incapacitated in various ways- is now loose to kill her and her loved ones, as well as potentially the entire planet and the only person who can even try to stop her is Buttercup, who can now only help her due to dumb luck in its greatest definition.

Way to go Blossom. Keep up the good work.
Havoc751 wrote:@BeeAre: Hey BR. Will Samantha have a back story before she kicks the bucket? You know, an established reason for her being where she is now. Me and some of the other people here were kinda wondering this in the last thread update.
I would like to know this as well. I've been curious as to her life before and after all of this for a while now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 am

CTCFirebird wrote:Well, Mad Doc said something about a Spider-Man 3 moment which it seems like it is.

Particularly the Dexter/Olga/Blossom love triangle, and how Bell seems to think Blossom killed Mandark.

Postby punzil504 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:31 am

Bleed did an OK job of explaining what a Face-Heel Turn is and all, but it really doesn't apply in this situation. Nobody is switching sides here. Bell was always on the bad guys' side before and Blossom wasn't able to convince her to turn Face.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Rival » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

punzil504 wrote:Bleed did an OK job of explaining what a Face-Heel Turn is and all, but it really doesn't apply in this situation. Nobody is switching sides here. Bell was always on the bad guys' side before and Blossom wasn't able to convince her to turn Face.

*sigh*

Since BeeAre took over writing PPGD every page title is either a pun, or a reference or both. In this case the title is not only a reference to the wrestling term, which knowing BeeAre he learned at TvTropes, but also a pun on Buttercup hitting Samantha in the face with the heels of her boots, which seemingly "turns" the battle.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby silvercover » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:39 am

who's saying that she's crying? all I see are sweat drops from the heat intensity and/or of the burn.
also blossom probably didnt expect bell to be that pissed off, considering she didnt hit gir anywhere.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)