New PpGD: "Blistered Sister Assister" (6/12/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: "Blistered Sister Assister" (6/12/13)

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Buttercup's been obsessed with combat pratically all her existence. It has been one of her most prominent character traits in her time.

A primary character trait yes, but as of now she still has other facets to her character (her cooking, playing with her sisters etc.) what I was trying to get at is the point where Buttercup loses her eye (whenever and in whatever timeline this happens) probably marks the point where combat goes from being one of her main obessions to her sole obesession; the point where she decides all of the rest is just a distraction where all of the "nice" stuff is seen by her as weakness to be eliminated. Since we just have a single pic so far, I really don't want to speculate too much, but a part of me is really afraid that the Butter we saw in that GT flashback is a butter who has gone far down a dark path, the path that goes from "fighter" to "warrior" and winds up at "combat machine".
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Or maybe it's a Buttercup that's realized she needs to become stronger to protect what she loves <3 or maybe it could be an anime thing. Cover one eye to seal and store up power, when you take it off, you go ape shit. She doesn't have any visible scars in GT, as far as I can see.

As for the the aftermath in the PPGD fight and upcoming explosion, my guess is that Buttercup's going to brush off these injuries like a Bouse. She cooks now? She's into anime? I would love to see her eat a ridiculous amount of food and rejuvenate quickly from it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 pm

... uhhh... okay.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Havoc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 am

A new page in less than ten days, sweet.

So what I think will happen, is Bell will smash into the machine in the middle of the room, causing a large dent in it, possibly even causing it to bend, and badly injuring Bell. Gir will then rush over and see if she's okay (Possibly treat her injuries). However, I don't think the impact will set off the bomb. Samantha will more than likely; jump back into the fray for one last fight before she dies. By this time, she'll either be in some super powerful 'final form', or badly damaged and barely able to function.

I have to wonder if Sam will go after Blossom, instead of Buttercup. Because; 1) that was her original intent, and 2) she's probably figured out by now, that she is no match for Buttercup, so she might either try to kill Blossom instead, or take her hostage, if Blossom can't properly defend herself.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I was trying to get at is the point where Buttercup loses her eye (whenever and in whatever timeline this happens) probably marks the point where combat goes from being one of her main obessions to her sole obesession; the point where she decides all of the rest is just a distraction where all of the "nice" stuff is seen by her as weakness to be eliminated. Since we just have a single pic so far, I really don't want to speculate too much, but a part of me is really afraid that the Butter we saw in that GT flashback is a butter who has gone far down a dark path, the path that goes from "fighter" to "warrior" and winds up at "combat machine".

The thing is, we don't know anything about adult Buttercup. If anything, she might have done the exact opposite, and soften up when she got old and more mature.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:35 am

As this story really got going, I always felt like the girls went from what they were capable of in the show to something along the lines of DBZ, where an entire city could potentially be destroyed during a battle. At the same time, though, it could be said that the girls' opponents in the show were merely so pathetically outmatched, that the girls never fought at full strength. Most of their enemies in the show were humans, mere criminals that needed taking care of. Even Mojo could never hope to take on the girls in fair combat. Because of that, they have probably never faced an opponent as deadly or dangerous as Bell.

Bell has, on more than one occasion, defeated Blossom one-on-one, due to being a stronger, albeit less tactical fighter. Now that she's fighting Buttercup, she is up against a much stronger opponent. However, there are areas where Bell could defeat Buttercup. She may need to fight dirty, or she could try to outsmart her. It's also possible that the bomb will detonate before they even finish their fight. We'll just have to wait and see.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Pyre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:10 am

Am I the only one rooting for Samantha in all of this? I know she's one of the more unerdeveloped characters in this story, but I love he views on the full metal thing, and I really wish to know more about her. Plus, she kind of got owned by her own ally, which is never good :(.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 am

It sort of looks like Bell is going to miss that generator entirely. It's hard to tell though because of viewpoint of the last panel. If she isn't able to right herself, then I can see Gir catching Bell before she crashes into anything (His primary objective is defending Bell after all).

In the last page (though i didnt post about this specific idea there) I started to wonder if Buttercup's kick could have caused Sam to backflip down one of the holes. If true, Sam could be down there already. I sort of want to think that maybe Bell (as she flies backward) hits Sam as she starts to stand up. The force propels Sam backwards and causes her to land in between those disconnected wires. This results in Sam being electrocuted and simultaneously has her act as a connector for the power source that powers the bomb.

There are a few things keeping me from thinking that this may happen though.

1) I don't see Sam in last panel (and if she were down there, we would at least see her silhouette right?)

2) I don't think that Bell is actually heading towards the generator (it's hard to see due to the angle from which the last panel is shown).

3) Something Beeare said in another thread (see quote below) makes me think that we have a bit longer to go. Especially if Sam may/may not be going all out crazy soon.

BeeAre wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:I actually want to see a berserk full metal Samantha crashing back into the battle again

>8] Do you now?

@Pyre This (see quote below) is what Beeare said at the end of the last page discussion. It looks like we will get some more info on her. I sort of like the character of Sam (at least the parts of her that I remember from Medabots), but I'm not rooting for her in this scenario. As long as she is on the opposite side (evil), I probably won't root for her. I do, however, feel sympathetic towards her.

BeeAre wrote:Samantha will have a backstory exploration, even if it is pushed into another backstory, but it will make it just as significant, given the presence, the LITERAL presence of the Reaper. It'll jump around a bit in time.

Anybody who wants to research Medabots for me and find out what Samantha's parents are like in relation to her would be very helpful.

"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:As this story really got going, I always felt like the girls went from what they were capable of in the show to something along the lines of DBZ, where an entire city could potentially be destroyed during a battle. At the same time, though, it could be said that the girls' opponents in the show were merely so pathetically outmatched, that the girls never fought at full strength. Most of their enemies in the show were humans, mere criminals that needed taking care of. Even Mojo could never hope to take on the girls in fair combat. Because of that, they have probably never faced an opponent as deadly or dangerous as Bell.

Well, they are older now. Probably have more power since they were in Kindergarten in the cartoon, and this is like the fourth grade.

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Randori wrote:You're correct Tenshi.

Not necessarily cuz 64 palms is equivalent.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:47 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:Something Beeare said in another thread (see quote below) makes me think that we have a bit longer to go. Especially if Sam may/may not be going all out crazy soon.

I'm not quite sure what to make of BR's comment. To me, it sounds like Samantha will have a full-metal final form. But I'd prefer it if she didn't go full-metal, and kept her partial human exterior till the end.
I think we have at least 3 or 4 pages to go until this bomb goes off. Also I don't think Sam's in the same room as everyone else yet. I'm pretty sure she's still in the room above.

I wonder if right before her death, Samantha will come to some sort of realization, that whatever she's trying to achieve by making herself a robot, she'll never have. That whatever it is she's been trying to run from this whole time, will hit her like a ton of bricks, right before she dies.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:At the same time, though, it could be said that the girls' opponents in the show were merely so pathetically outmatched, that the girls never fought at full strength. Most of their enemies in the show were humans, mere criminals that needed taking care of. Even Mojo could never hope to take on the girls in fair combat. Because of that, they have probably never faced an opponent as deadly or dangerous as Bell.

Just off the top of my head, the only people I can think of in the original PPG cartoon that managed to put up a fight against the girls, was the Rowdyrough Boys, and Princess Morebucks in her power suit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:12 am

Morebucks got too cocky for own good, making her get complacent. She believed her suit was all she needed to match (maybe even exceed) the girls' power. The boys, however, are another story. Had it not been for their... "special weakness"... they six of them could have leveled half of the city (at least) before the fight would have been over.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:00 am

The RRB are in this comic, and they're in their own training program. As for the PPG's power, Utonium created the combat simulator room, that shows they needed some form of training. I remember an episode where a large orange dinsaur monster came from the ocean and none of them could even phase it; Bubbles later asked the monster to please leave. The PPG in the show did train, that's a factor that kept them ahead of their enemies. Would a RRB counterpart for Bell be too cliche? I want to see one, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be happening at all.

Also I think it's closer to Gentle Fist, since it was a single hit meant to cause damage anywhere, not 100+ smaller more precise hits meant to incapacitate the target. Anyone else think of Buttercup possibly using any of the Lotus' (or similar) on Bell after Tom E's comment?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:16 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Would a RRB counterpart for Bell be too cliche? I want to see one, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be happening at all.

Its obviously that its not apart of the actual comic, but in the art thread, YesterdayLingo made a gender swap version of Bell naming him Vesper. Its in his thread, "Yesterday's art today."
I thought it looked alright and he did show creativity with not giving him an all white outfit and a very different hairstyle than his counterpart.
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am

I want the B! xD
I like liked it, but I still want to see one in PPGD.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shockwave » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 am

Best page in a while Bleedman. Registered just to say this. Please continue the badass combat; Buttercup is an easy excuse for it, and other battle crazy characters like Butch, etc. Nice to meet everyone. Peace

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:44 am

No. We've waited too long for the bomb to blow up.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Shockwave wrote:Best page in a while Bleedman. Registered just to say this. Please continue the badass combat; Buttercup is an easy excuse for it, and other battle crazy characters like Butch, etc. Nice to meet everyone. Peace
Welcome to the forums! Remember to read the rules before posting. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Oh, also, people will indentify better with you if you have an avatar. Just putting that out there.
TheMadDoctor wrote:No. We've waited too long for the bomb to blow up.
Why can't we have both?

POW! Right in the kisser right onto the bomb then- BOOM.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 pm

I would imagine Butch fighting in a brawling fashion, while Brick would fight more along the lines of a martial artist. Can't really think of how Boomer would fight, maybe in a generally tactical style.

The Resident Smartass

Postby strider0075 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:23 am

Wow, i'm actually impressed that there haven't been any matrix jokes made by the commenters yet. I mean the whole "i'm still waiting for your little friend to stop trying to scare me and actually scare me" line seems like it was custom made for a Morpheus joke or two. Kudos guys

(Also for the record, yes I am aware that by saying this I've probably started a snowball effect, that said, totally worth it)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:52 am

A lot of people have been talking about the bomb blowing up so I'll just add my two cents.

I keep on wondering or hoping or whatever that the bomb does something... interesting...

And by interesting I mean (looking for the right word here and failing) other than blowing up.
I admittedly don't know much about this bomb or why these guys want it to do whatever it does, so I don't know how much this thing has been reviled as a plot device. I kind of lost interest with this comic a long time ago and only recently started paying attention to it after a few talks with BeeAre and seeing how much he like the PPG tv series like I do.

So in this case I really don't care about the bomb. No really, I don't. I'm not even sure the comic cares about it. We haven't even seen it in a lot of panels. Not that its a bad thing. In the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie no one cared about the treasure and in the end the movie didn't care about it either. The focus was on the characters, right were it should be.

Anyways, this thing is just another bomb that we've seen a hundred times so its the most uninteresting thing happening here in my opinion. Of course it has to compete with a bunch of children with the powers of titans, but that's besides the point.

But they way everyone's been talking about it, it makes me wonder if the bomb is... even really a bomb.
I don't know, if that makes since, but if that thing does go off I kind of hope it doesn't something other than just go boom.
If it is just a bomb, I won't mind or rage or anything. It will just be another bomb. Hell, for all we know its probably not going to go off at all or its just a dud and this whole thing is just a big distraction while something else is going on. (That's a hypothetical thought, not an actual theory)
I guess that's my own fault that I've seen so much of this stuff that the threat of being blown up is basic to me.

(Hold on... Did I just compare a possible deadly explosive to pirate treasure?)
Bark

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 am

It's not a bomb that goes boom, but has something to do with time.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:06 am

If there is this scene where there's a time vortex, there should be a whole lot of time travelers and time machines like a hot tub, or the enterprise, or a police box.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:34 pm

While you're right to care about the characters more, Mutt, keep in mind that every plot requires devices. This one just has to be rather specific to handle the issue I want it to handle. *SHRUG*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Oh, I get it that you need things like this to get the ball rolling a lot of the times I was just having a moment of curiosity.
According to BL, the bomb is going to do some time stuff, so I'm a little interested in seeing exactly what it does if it goes off. I just was wondering if something other than an explosion was going to happen.
I guess I just tend to word things weirdly.
Bark

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)