New GT: Relax, its just bromance (June, 7, 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New GT: Relax, its just bromance (June, 7, 2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Chill guys.

I like how Him just doesn't give a damn.

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New GT: Relax, its just bromance (June, 7, 2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:47 pm

I forgot if I posted about it, but I did think that Him probably won't mention a thing to Aku. Their meeting could be connected to their previous meeting.

As for Aku walking into the bath as Ikra, I wonder if there's meaning behind it or if he's used to being in that form for Chi's sake and forgot to change back.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 pm

I think it was an artistic choice. If there was a thing going on between Aku and Him, then I wouldn't see a problem about Chi and Mimi being uncomfortable with the other Lords.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am

When Aku mentioned the other lords, the topic of marriage was involved. If something did happen between the 2, which I find unlikely, it probably wasn't serious.

Blossom was confirmed as Chi's mother right? I remember someone saying they were 90% sure a few pages back.

I'm also enjoying the many faces/emotions of Chi we're getting in only a few pages. Happy, pissed, impatient, observant, mad, worried, pouting, shocked, etc.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:15 am

HA! Called it! Aku getting into the hotspring with Him, while he was still in female form.
But now I have to wonder what kind of "serious matters" Him could be talking about.
Right off the bat, I can come up with two possibilities:

1) Some sort of diplomatic corporation. Some sort of merger, in order to gain more power.

2) The world about. Someone (more than likely, a surviving hero) is plotting to take down the underworld somehow.

Can anyone else come up with something?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 am

Don't think they can merge, if that was their plan then Aku wouldn't bring that up as a point against Chi/Mimi's marriage. Assuming that Megaville fell not too long ago, I don't think there are many heroes that can threaten any of the Lords.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:50 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Assuming that Megaville fell not too long ago, I don't think there are many heroes that can threaten any of the Lords.

I think the devil's in the details on this one. How did Megaville fall, who's left, and what's their plan?
I think one of the heroes could indeed be a threat to them. Especially if said hero had possession of a certain samurai sword, one that could really Jack up someone who was pure evil.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:09 am

I'm assuming that Megaville was taken down by Him and allies, most likely from the Underworld. A ragtag team of survivors running into enemy territory for no reason doesn't seem likely to me. I can't think of a real reason for them to come here. If there are surviving heroes, they can't just walk in here without real reason or be ill-prepared. I'm excluding revenge as a reason.

Night, hope this conversation is an interesting read when I wake up! :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:26 am

You bring up a good point, but I'm still not 100% ready to rule-out the revenge theory just yet. Just like how I'm not ruling out the possibility that at least one of the PPG are still alive. Whatever this "matter" is that Him wishes to discuss, it must be a very important plot element. I'm really hoping it has something to do with Megaville and the fallen heroes.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kyrogue2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Assuming that Megaville fell not too long ago, I don't think there are many heroes that can threaten any of the Lords.

I think the devil's in the details on this one. How did Megaville fall, who's left, and what's their plan?
I think one of the heroes could indeed be a threat to them. Especially if said hero had possession of a certain samurai sword, one that could really Jack up someone who was pure evil.

Not all heroes of megaville died some of thing may still be alive.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:59 am

You don't know that.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby punzil504 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:27 am

Seems more like an excuse to draw some Ikra fanservice, just like Mandy in WHAM.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Blossom was confirmed as Chi's mother right? I remember someone saying they were 90% sure a few pages back.

I don't think this was confirmed in the actual comic, but in-comic dialogue has alluded to the idea that one of Chi's parents is a Puff, at the very least. Unless (as I've mentioned before tongue-in-cheek) it's Brick. Considering how much Aku seems to like Ikra's shape in this chapter, I wouldn't put it beyond him.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 am

We've had in confirmed by BR that there is a relationship between Chi and Blossom. You can interpret that as being a literal off spring of Blossom and Aku, or that Chi was created from shards of Blossom's soul. Both cases make an assumption on the reproductive capabilities of Aku.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 am

The reason why I rule out revenge is because I can't see any of the heroes being prepared at all to fight the Lords on their turf. Letting revenge drive them into ruin is something heroes usually learn to control. If any surviving hero(es) actually tried to attack the Underworld, they better have one hell of a trump card.

Following the thought that a hero may come, I can see the possibility of another Lord making a deal with a hero. The hero becomes consumed by their journey for vengeance and halfway becomes an underling. The Lord could be using said hero to take out Him and/or Aku, without actually being directly involved. Besides that, I don't see room for revenge being the main reason for an attack.

Other possibilities for their conversation, it'd be interesting if Him offers Mimi's claw, possibly knowing Chi's feelings.
OR
The info on Mandy and Danny may have been leaked somehow and Him came to talk about her next child. I may be a bit paranoid, but all of the kids being around the same age, may not be a coincidence. After seeing Mandy having kids and knowing those kids will grow to replace/be stronger than/help their family and realm, Him (and maybe Aku) wanted to make countermeasures so that the future wouldn't be ruled by the Queen Bitch. Junior and Minnie to Mimi and Chi. If info on Mandy's next child being a halfa was leaked, Him would want to seek a 3rd ally or child. idk much about Adventure time, so I don't know much about Marceline, but I'm assuming she wouldn't want to be a part of the Underworld affairs.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Ah, there is one thing I find interesting. Aku questions how Him lost his hand, which does mean Aku likely didn't know about Him's plans for Jr which led to it (though of course, those plans were likely made rather quickly as Jr getting Minnie's powers was rather sudden.) Its then possible Aku doesn't yet know about Jr being a reaper/nergal hybrid, which could really shake up things in the Underworld. Since we've seen what a hybrid is capable of, its possible Him might get Aku to work with him to put Jr and Grim's domain as a whole down before Jr gets to the point he can use his powers to full effect.

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Whoa! I take a week off to settle my grades and graduation affairs...and I come back to Aku and Him bathing together o.O and SHIT HAPPENING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE! Just like Whoa! Major Whiplash! :eek:
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Xakot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:07 pm

What if that is not Aku but in fact Chi experimenting with her shape shifting powers? Since this 'Aku' begins asking skirting questions about Mimi right off the bat, it wouldn't be a stretch to think her overzealous attachment to Mimi would spur her to try and trick the information out of Him especially since her straight forward 'gun and barrel' approach backfired.
Deal with it. YEEEAAAAAH

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:18 am

That's a bit of a stretch. She just managed that form by accident. Suddenly she got human body and Aku's voice down?

Postby Misery Chord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 am

I'm really liking the parallels that have been set up. Chi has just awakened into her powers just as Mimi has been depowered, which is not much longer after Minnie and Junior progressed's abilities in progressed in opposite directions.

How fitting that of the four kids, Junior, who has just started to get a handle on his new abilities, is actually the most seasoned one with powers. (Minnie has more experience with them, of course, but aside from remote control orders, she can't do much on her own in comparison.) It would clearly be in all the four's best interest to work together to get what each of them wants (except Mimi because its unclear aside from freeing/restoring Jeff what she wants), but given these are four kids with emotional issues, and two of which have powers that fluctuate based on emotional states...this is going to get uglier than anything Chi can turn into.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:37 pm

@ Misery Chord; Agreed

On my note, a serious discussion that could have plot changing effects?
-_-
Smells like a setting transitioner to me. (grimskull?)
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:05 pm

pretty much expected this to occur but it seems as though either Him is talking about underworld domination or a plot to prevent underworld domination where as he and Aku are considered saviors of the underworld but this is mere speculation based on observation
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)