New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 am

But still, why not mention it to blossom? Was it out of respect for his grieving foe and rival?
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:20 am

Edit: This is post number 1000. Fear me and my 4 digits.
BeeAre wrote:Now, if someone wants to check the comic for me to see if I am wrong, they can, but as far as I can recall, Mandark never told Bell about Dee Dee's death, nor did Dr. X explain it to her. He explained it to Zim when Bell was asleep, if I am not mixing my pages up, but I don't think an evil genius-style bad guy like Dr. X would explain why Mandark's extra and convenient genius was so focused and dedicated; he wouldn't think it necessary to explain that to his daughter.
Well, why are we automatically under the assumption that no-one knows anything about anything unless explicitly told everything?

Bell came down to Mandark, in his memory he showed us that she flew down like an angel. This is probably more of a romanticized memory mostly focusing on the fact that Bell brought him out of his spiraling nothingness like an angel.

I would imagine that he would at least sputter the words Dee and Dee somewhere in between her showing up and floating near him.

Since we are all on the same page of "Not knowing exactly what went down" I would have to admit that I think Bell DOES know Deedee, after all- if she loved Mandark like a brother, why wouldn't she try to get to know him, get to know why he was there in the first place? And Mandark, grateful to Bell for breaking him out of his stupor would have no immediate qualms with telling her the story of Deedee, especially if it makes Bell see Dexter as an enemy.

So, I see it both likely that Mandark let it slip- and something he would have done to set Bell against Dexter should they ever meet.

However, you are the writer, if you say that she never heard Mandark say these things you are going to say he never said, it's your call.

Alternatively... you can have her call attention to it. It will make Blossom learn that there was a direct correlation between Mandark and Bell, so she can have at least some kind of discernible motive.

Blossom, being as "Smart" as she is could probably use that information as ammunition. But- once again, your call.
BeeAre wrote:In even simpler terms: why would Bell develop a crush so quickly on Mandark, if she knew he was reeling from the loss of Dee Dee, whom he loved very deeply?
Crush? Was anyone under the impression that it was a crush? I never thought it was a crush. Bell just wanted a brother, a father, and a dog. A normal family. Right? I found it perfectly believable for Bell to be all mushy around Mandark and helping him with his work, being her new brother and all... hell, I wonder how she treated Gir when he first came in. Did she have a crush on him, too?

Besides, didn't X say somewhere along the lines that he felt like Mandark was like a son to him?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am

Birdofterror wrote:Bell came down to Mandark, in his memory he showed us that she flew down like an angel. This is probably more of a romanticized memory mostly focusing on the fact that Bell brought him out of his spiraling nothingness like an angel.

Uhh... no... It's actually because she was in flight in front of him, with a fake set of wings attached to her back and a halo in her hairband. It was likely a method by Dr. X to make him more susceptible to manipulation.
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=115
(Look closely at her head and back in the close-up in the bottom left)
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 am

Oh, haha! That's pretty cute I guess.

Maybe it wasn't X's idea. Maybe it was hers?

Maybe she wanted to look like an angel?

But my point kind of still stands- no?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah, just because something hasn't been explicitly mentioned in the comic doesn't mean it hasn't happened. That was your point in a nutshell, right?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:00 am

Well that was my first point, my second point was that Bell wanted Mandark more as a brother than a crush, like BR said. X also said he wanted Mandark as a son, or at least felt like he already was.

But yeah, more or less my point is the Absence of Evidence isn't always the Evidence of Absence- especially when it comes to tightly knit groups.

I still have no idea how Olga and Dexter never met. I mean come on.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:47 pm

You've only hit the 1000 post mark? Geez.

TheMadDoctor wrote:But still, why not mention it to blossom? Was it out of respect for his grieving foe and rival?

It wasn't relevant.

Birdofterror wrote:Crush? Was anyone under the impression that it was a crush? I never thought it was a crush.

Yeah. I thought she had a crush on him.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Teran » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm

I also thought she had a crush on Mandark.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12674
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:28 pm

I wasn't sure what to call it. It could've been a crush, or the excitement of an older-brother-like person, or both, just because.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Teran » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 pm

It wasn't very clear on the first saga, and it was open to interpretation.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12674
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Bell had a little heart watching Mandark work. She went on a rampage against Dr.X when he died. I assume those were a couple signs that Mandark meant more than just a brother to her.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:07 pm

That depends. I wonder if we are overanalyzing this since it's possible that the relationship was purely meant to be left up to us.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I think the relationship is pretty clear, imho.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I think the relationship is pretty clear, imho.
Yeah, she was gushing over the fact that she had a brother and her family started looking real, right? But- as has been said before and is mostly the basis behind every major point I've made thus far; It's left completely up to interpretation... and by interpretation I mean the writer- BR.

And I mean all of it. Not even a tiny twinkle left for us. The magic of this moment is really quite shallow I must say.
Tenshi Nova wrote:Bell had a little heart watching Mandark work. She went on a rampage against Dr.X when he died. I assume those were a couple signs that Mandark meant more than just a brother to her.
Or- or... just... bear with me here.

Or she was incredibly pissed that someone- someone she could have killed at any moment- just killed her brother?

Huh? Anyone? Why does it have to be romantic to be pissed off when someone you are close to not only dies, but is killed?

It's not so much over-analytical as it is she's pissed that he's dead. For any reason is fine, but to automatically assume that her flipping her shit when he died meant she wanted to be his girlfriend is a massive assumption.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Thats just a bad move, in a way.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Thats just a bad move, in a way.
Eh? I'm not sure I follow.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:I think the relationship is pretty clear, imho.
Yeah, she was gushing over the fact that she had a brother and her family started looking real, right? But- as has been said before and is mostly the basis behind every major point I've made thus far; It's left completely up to interpretation... and by interpretation I mean the writer- BR.

She never cried over that... Nor did she ever say anything like that.

Birdofterror wrote:Or she was incredibly pissed that someone- someone she could have killed at any moment- just killed her brother?

Huh? Anyone? Why does it have to be romantic to be pissed off when someone you are close to not only dies, but is killed?

Because there isn't a brother/sister relationship between the two?
She had a crush on him
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=116

Lots of father-in-laws consider their son-in-laws to be practically like sons.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:She never cried over that... Nor did she ever say anything like that.
Oh, sorry- it was X who was getting gushy over the whole family thing. He is the one that said it was looking like a real family.
Blood Lord wrote:Because there isn't a brother/sister relationship between the two?
She had a crush on him
Look, I'm not going to argue over the fact that there are hearts floating around her. They are obviously there, but if I HAVE to do this, I will.

In Japanese Manga and "Doujunshi" it is incredibly common to see hearts floating everywhere when a female does anything. It could just be that she was infatuated with the fact that she has a brother now. Maybe X said "This is your brother, now go love him." And she's all "Daddy told me to love you Susan. I love you Susan." -- "Yes, that's nice, Bell... now please stop bugging me."

Hell, they already sound like family, don't you think?
Blood Lord wrote:Lots of father-in-laws consider their son-in-laws to be practically like sons.
That's 100% exactly what I said. Thank you? :unsure:

Look, I could go all day with this, but even the hearts themselves could be a result of the situation and not so much a direct romantic relationship. Hell, I kind of forgot why we are even on this topic- but I digress.

Everyone sees it that Bell wanted Mandark in a relationship with her because he's the only person in Black Eden who's even viable therefore they MUST be in a relationship. That's pretty much profiling, but if it ever comes down to explaining their relationship- I know I'm going to be wrong, so... whateves.

Just stating that if it's ever said that she WAS in love with Mandark, that entire plot point would be so shallow that if I were to step in a puddle of it, I wouldn't even get my feet wet.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah, it was a shallow love. It was a one sided puppy love between the two. I don't think Mandark was ever aware of the crush.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Either that or he just brushed it off as an annoyance. He apparently had a lot on his mind... plotting his absolute revenge against Dexter, after all.

Including drowning his girlfriend, making him realize his own guilt and rigging his own base to explode to kill himself should all fail.

I don't think he wanted a commited relationship. :roll:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Thats just a bad move, in a way.
Eh? I'm not sure I follow.

Comics and other entertainment should have the ability to connect with its audience. Leaving the relationship of mandark and bell up to the readers would support that. Alienating the readers is just gonna piss them off and leave, disinterested.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Ah, you mean if they say the relationship goes one way or the other, a portion of the readerbase is going to feel left out either way?

Well, if they went more in depth before, such a problem wouldn't really exist later on. Only now, like 5 years later are we finally going back into territory where Mandark is even legitimate anymore.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Guardian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Who?

No, I kid.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 pm

I assumed it was a one-sided romance because they didn't know each for a long period of time, Mandark doesn't seem to have shared much about himself, Mandark doesn't seem to have any interest at all in Bell and Mandark also forgot he has his own biological sister for a while. Not to mention she doesn't seem to see anyone else around her as family; As in Zim, Sam or any of the other characters around; so getting into her view of family doesn't seem easy. There's also many situations in anime where siblings have feeling that go beyond family and they sometimes accept it or attempt to suppress it.

I don't see why Bell would categorize Mandark as family. I think Dr.X sees himself as Mandark's step-dad because he kind 'created' the vengeful side of him and tried to help him strive. Doesn't seem like a picture perfect family, imo anyways.

Ofc to go against my own argument. She specified family feelings on this page. I'm also assuming that Bell wants to have a normal family, and Mandark was the closest thing to a brother she could get. Also the possibility of the other characters around her affected her negatively so that they'd make sure she wouldn't get too close to them.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:21 am

I'm gonna just go with "Bell had feelings of romance for Mandark" unless someone tells me/us otherwise.
The hearts around Bell and the way she was looking at Mandark, is what lead me to believe this.
So...that's what I've been going with this whole time. *shrugs*

Blood Lord wrote:Yeah, it was a shallow love. It was a one sided puppy love between the two. I don't think Mandark was ever aware of the crush.

I'm gonna go ahead and just state the obvious here. I don't think the relationship was meant to be all that deep.
It was brought up just long enough for everyone to get the idea that Bell had strong feelings for Mandark.
Frankly, I like the fact that it was one sided. It was more amusing that way imo.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ULTRADJWEEN and 12 guests