New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: Face-Heel Turn (June 3rd 2013)

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 am

Anyone else notice that just like when she was in the glass tube, her head piece just disappears. The party hat I understand, it's a cartoon thing, but why does her bow just disappear here?

Wouldn't it be silly to see Bell slip on her bow, and Buttercup has a 'phew' moment. Right after that Buttercup either returns attention to Sam or Sam attacks her right away saying something like 'I'm not done yet' or 'don't ignore me'. Finally Buttercup loses patience and KO's her, like we've all been waiting for.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PS2kid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 am

Face & heel turn ? Pro wrestling references ? Seriously ?

For those of you who didn't understand :
- Face turn : evil wrestler become good wrestler
- Heel turn : good wrestler become evil wrestler

Postby rac7d » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:17 am

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 am

I just had a weird thought that the bomb might not blow up at all. And that was a parallel dimension when the bomb did blow up in the last chapter. Then I discarded it. We need to know when that damn bomb will blow up because I know everyone doesn't want Bleedman to do again what he did did in sugarbits. And that is to have the fight scene to take years. It needs to hurry up soon. I hope it is only a few pages away.
Not Space Jesus

Postby rac7d » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Were a long way from that I think. Beeare said Bell gonna face each of the girls. Looks like were gonna start into buttercup next

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Havoc751 wrote:This is actually somewhat close to how I predicted this would play out. Bell over powering Blossom, and Blossom at Bell's mercy, Buttercup comes in and help. However I thought Buttercup would have dispatched of Samantha by now. I was also right about Bell holding a grudge over what happened to Mandark.

I'm predicting Buttercup will come in and save Blossom from Bell. Come to think of it, if this is true, this'll be the second time Buttercup has saved Blossom's ass.

Now my question is; how will Buttercup save Blossom? I think she'll either: intercept the attack by blocking Bell's foot, simply fly in and tackle Bell, throw the Bola at Bell, fire an energy blast of some kind, or fly in and use Jack's sword on Bell (that last one is my favorite).

Yeah, I pretty much predicted something like this as well. Basically, when I saw the panels with Buttercup looking down at Blossom. She IS gonna have to save Blossom from Bell's attack since I said she will as Blossom is laying there defenseless in pain, trying to reason with her (Bell).

Heh, anyone of those choices are legit to what the choices of Buttercup might do in order to save her sister. Heh, if this was a video game, it would be like Heavy Rain lol.

TheMadDoctor wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Well, Mad Doc said something about a Spider-Man 3 moment which it seems like it is.

Particularly the Dexter/Olga/Blossom love triangle, and how Bell seems to think Blossom killed Mandark.

I know. lol I would love to see how this will play out between the three of them.

Rival wrote:
punzil504 wrote:Bleed did an OK job of explaining what a Face-Heel Turn is and all, but it really doesn't apply in this situation. Nobody is switching sides here. Bell was always on the bad guys' side before and Blossom wasn't able to convince her to turn Face.

*sigh*

Since BeeAre took over writing PPGD every page title is either a pun, or a reference or both. In this case the title is not only a reference to the wrestling term, which knowing BeeAre he learned at TvTropes, but also a pun on Buttercup hitting Samantha in the face with the heels of her boots, which seemingly "turns" the battle.

@ Punzil504- I think you're right about that now that I think about it, but Bell has a choice of turning face anyways since she is a PowerPuff Girl. It doesn't matter who's sides or team you're on. Good or evil, you always have the choice in the reciprocal of that. Good can be evil and evil can be good.

@ Rival- About TvTropes... I think its a load of crap based on other people opinions and not too much about the facts... Even though some may be true facts about certain things. I usually don't believe in that stupid crap on what is going on there. So... Screw TvTropes lol Fuck that shit (depends on what you're searching for).
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:03 pm

rac7d wrote:Were a long way from that I think. Beeare said Bell gonna face each of the girls. Looks like were gonna start into buttercup next

Not really. You can match the power outage that Bell and Blossom had with the one that Dexter and Bubbles had to get an idea of where and how far along we are going with the bomb going off. I suspect maybe five or so pages we will see the bomb go off.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
rac7d wrote:Were a long way from that I think. Beeare said Bell gonna face each of the girls. Looks like were gonna start into buttercup next

Not really. You can match the power outage that Bell and Blossom had with the one that Dexter and Bubbles had to get an idea of where and how far along we are going with the bomb going off. I suspect maybe five or so pages we will see the bomb go off.

Well i gues it depends on what Sam does next. I have a prediction that she gonna reconect the bomb and It may kill her in a very cartoonish fashion. Once it she does its race time to get out, as we see blossom and buttercup follow bell out on dexters scanner

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

I don't think her death is going to be cartoonish, especially with what we've seen with the deaths in Bleedman's works.

They're dramatic, usually painful to a degree. I wonder if Bell would be affected by her death. I'm basing that thought off the other deaths in Bleed's comics usually has a high impact on someone close.

And you really don't need to quote the person above you every time.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:55 pm

I doubt Bell would be affected very much by sam's death. They rarely ever interact in the first place.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Bell and Sam don't seem close, so I don't think Bell would cry over seeing her die.

They might do the flashback and/or Sam says something that gives us a picture of what happened, just enough to make us connect with her. I think something that shows us she's lonely or regretting something, yadda yadda. Then she dies. T.T

Or she goes full insane and 'dies' becoming a pure machine. Maybe even saying 'I've discarded all human emotions' or something along those lines. :/

Or someone mentioned this before. Someone overrides Sam and kills her brain, or makes her self-destruct. :O

Lastly, Gir might take control or fuse with Sam and they become some bad ass wombo combo. :)?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Sounds like Borg technology.
Not Space Jesus

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah. If she dies, I rather it not be cartoonish. I, too, am wondering that myself, Blood Lord. Because Bell felt hurt for the death of Mandark, but one her multiple blasts hit Samantha...... I think she might feel remorse for that she lost a friend OR Bell might be successful in bombing the place. It could go either way or a combination of both because she doesn't seem to care what others have to say. She rather destroy Blossom because she "killed" him.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I think there is going to be some drama out of Sam's death.
TheMadDoctor wrote:I doubt Bell would be affected very much by sam's death. They rarely ever interact in the first place.
\
First off, we don't know that.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Bell and Sam don't seem close, so I don't think Bell would cry over seeing her die.

No, not crying. But being affected by it. All of the deaths in bleedman's comics, even the near deaths have caused a great amount of emotional trauma and drama. I can see it afflicting her if She caused it, or Sam kills herself to complete the mission and provide a way for Bell to escape. We do know that Bell is stronger than Blossom, but not smarter. Bell is also smarter than Buttercup, but not stronger. So I'm expecting that fact to come into play here as we see the opportunity for Bell to engage another puff.

Bell and Buttercup are fighting, Sam sneaks over to the bomb, reactivates it, and tells Bell to run before its too late.

There would be increased problems if Gir was somehow tied into Sam's death.

But anyways, it wouldn't be full on tears like with Mandark. It would be something else like CTC suggested, remorse.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:52 pm

With Mandark (Susan), we had flashbacks that established how connected Bell felt to him. She was his "guardian angel" and he was her big brother/crush (see page "Like a Son").

As for Sam, I can only recall one moment that we actually saw them interacting outside of battle. That was in page "Bell-ancholy". I don't know whether or not Sam was included in this description or not, but Bell referred to Mojo and Zim as "her dad's friends always being too busy". With that being said, I don't really know whether or not she would feel anything since we haven't seen anything to suggest as much. There's still time for flashbacks though. If it did affect Bell then that could also tie in with what Beeare said in a previous thread about how her "death will evoke a good theme for the continuation past the bomb detonation". Unless I misunderstood it (which is probable).

Interestingly enough, as I was skimming the pages, I found one where it confirms that she was cyborg (at least at that point). In page "Discipline" she talked about wanting to be made full-metal and have her organic tissue removed. Seeing this page reminded me of the discussion from the previous pages, so just thought that I'd bring it up. Same page also has Dr. X explaining to Bell how he destroyed himself. So I'm sure she is somewhat aware of why/how he died, but she just doesn't care.

@BloodLord I was sort of thinking something like that as well (with regard to Bell vs. Buttercup). Maybe Blossom could freeze her hands (with ice breath) and have have Buttercup be the brawn while she is the brain. Unfortunately, Gir and/or Sam would probably interfere somehow. I also wonder whether or not she'd be able to get the instructions out in time for the fast paced battle. Not to mention Buttercup would have to listen 100% to what Blossom said.

@TenshiNova Mandark sent her bow and clip to Otto to let them know he had her (page "The Letter"). No idea where it is now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

If you go back 2 pages, she's still wearing her bow. On this page though, she's not wearing it. Here I can understand, maybe it was blasted off or it fell off during the fight. Which is why I thought it be silly if it reappears under Bell and makes her slip.

When she was kidnapped by Mandark and placed in the glass, she was wearing a party hat that Mandark gave her; When Dexter started fighting Mandark, and when Dexter broke the glass her party hat was gone. Maybe it was just a cartoon prop, the kind that appears temporarily for the scene and disappears when it's no longer needed.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:19 am

I have no idea where Blossom's bow went. I'm just going to assume it got knocked off in the fight.

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think her death is going to be cartoonish, especially with what we've seen with the deaths in Bleedman's works.

They're dramatic, usually painful to a degree. I wonder if Bell would be affected by her death. I'm basing that thought off the other deaths in Bleed's comics usually has a high impact on someone close.

You're right. God, Deedee's death has to be the saddest one in the entire comic. I don't think Samantha death will be very sad unless she gets a backstory first.

Blood Lord wrote:No, not crying. But being affected by it. All of the deaths in bleedman's comics, even the near deaths have caused a great amount of emotional trauma and drama. I can see it afflicting her if She caused it, or Sam kills herself to complete the mission and provide a way for Bell to escape.

I highly doubt Bell and Sam are super BFFs. But I do think Bell will be effected by it to an extent. I don't think Sam would willingly sacrifice herself to complete the mission. Unless she somehow becomes suicidal, for one reason or another.

We do know that Bell is stronger than Blossom, but not smarter. Bell is also smarter than Buttercup, but not stronger. So I'm expecting that fact to come into play here as we see the opportunity for Bell to engage another puff.

I think Buttercup will have an added advantage if she either, gets the drop on Bell (Bell doesn't see her coming), or Buttercup is armed (or both). I also wonder if Gir's 'duty mode', would involve medical attention, like first aid.

And speaking of armed; on top of Jack's sword, we also have that noisy cricket lying around somewhere. I think there's the likelihood that someone could still pick it up, and use it.

Birdofterror wrote:Blossom was in a point where she could have killed her, knocked her out, threw her somewhere, tormented her, convinced her to stop or anything- but she decided to do the smart thing; Nothing. Because that's how Sherlock would do it apparently.

Actually, maybe this is what BR was talking about when he mentioned the characters emotional context.
Blossom has always be a bit prideful, and overly confident. Maybe the reason she never disabled/killed Bell, was because she got too cocky, and thought she had the whole situation under control.

Also, did anyone catch what Gir said? I think Gir was preparing to clean up Blossom's dead body. Which is a little disturbing.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Or someone mentioned this before. Someone overrides Sam and kills her brain, or makes her self-destruct.

I was the one who brought that up. However, I made the assumption that if someone over rides her (Dr.X the most likely person), they'll make her go over to the exposed wiring, and use her to complete the circuit, killing her in the process.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 am

When I said 'someone' I opened the thought from Dr.X to include what I think are some possibilities. Gir, Cluster, another character yet introduced or Bell. Listed in order of what I think is most likely if it were to happen. Bell would use some kind of code or maybe she has something else that can be used as a trigger.

What are your thoughts about the override Sam scenario?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Blossom is not sad for herself.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:When I said 'someone' I opened the thought from Dr.X to include what I think are some possibilities. Gir, Cluster, another character yet introduced or Bell. Listed in order of what I think is most likely if it were to happen. Bell would use some kind of code or maybe she has something else that can be used as a trigger.

What are your thoughts about the override Sam scenario?

I think Dr.X would be the most likely to override Sam, if anyone where to override her in the first place.
X probably had a hand in her bionic upgrade, so I'm guessing he alone would know how she works, and how to override her if possible. Like I said, it's totally possible that X is watching the fight between Sam and Buttercup right now. Once Sam enters the room where Bell and Blossom are, he might see the power supply is cut, and he may decide to sacrifice Samantha in order to fix it.

I don't think Bell would know how to manipulate Samantha like she does Gir. Mostly because she's more than likely, not all that familiar with her. If there was anyone else a side from Dr.X who would take control of Samantha, I would say Vexus. Robots seems to be her thing, and Sam's design look like Cluster technology (keep in mind I'm not very familiar with MLAATR). It's possible Vexus was the one who gave Sam her robot parts in the first place, there for, she would know how to override her. But my money's still on Dr.X, as far as any possible override goes.

Birdofterror wrote:Every page predicts the next page to use the sword, but it never really happens. This fight needs to hurry up and get to the point before Bell turns into a James Bond villain.

For the love of Christ and his next door neighbor Frank, someone please use that sword! Somehow I get the feeling that it's possible no one will use the sword, so we'll never get to see if it works or not, and BR's just trolling us with it. But I guess that's yet to be seen. -_-

BeeAre wrote:Blossom is not sad for herself.

What are you talking about?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:36 am

Havoc751 wrote:

Behold! The ever-enigmatic Best Poster: BeeAre!
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:39 am

Havoc751 wrote:

He edited his post on the first page (or at least I think that this is what he is referring to) to explain Blossom's current state of mind. Here's what he said:

BeeAre wrote:edit:

Specifically, think about what Bell is saying to Blossom: She isn't just going to kill her, she is going to kill her for the specific purpose of making the ones Blossom loves suffer. That is not something you react to with dignity when you are writhing in pain.

As someone familiar with pain, I am rather keenly aware that dignity is a luxury, and even in a story, this is true.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 am

it is partly that, but it's something else, too.

Blossom doesn't know who Susan is: But the point that Blossom does understand is that Bell lost someone, and wants that pain to be spread out. Bell, like both Dexter and Blossom, lost a loved one. Bunny and Dee Dee, respectively.

But does Bell know about Dexter or Blossom's losses? (I'll remind you guys that Bubbles does have a specialty over Bell, and that the idea I went over with her a while back is becoming a bit more apparent now.)

Now, if someone wants to check the comic for me to see if I am wrong, they can, but as far as I can recall, Mandark never told Bell about Dee Dee's death, nor did Dr. X explain it to her. He explained it to Zim when Bell was asleep, if I am not mixing my pages up, but I don't think an evil genius-style bad guy like Dr. X would explain why Mandark's extra and convenient genius was so focused and dedicated; he wouldn't think it necessary to explain that to his daughter.

In even simpler terms: why would Bell develop a crush so quickly on Mandark, if she knew he was reeling from the loss of Dee Dee, whom he loved very deeply?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:19 am

Now I'm wondering why Dexter wouln't be aware of Mandark's original name, and not mention it to blossom.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Sigmas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 am

Dexter has been aware of that name for years. It's the reason why he tormented Mandark when they first met. In fact, it was because of that torment, combined with his hatred (maybe too strong a word) for his parents that he became Mandark in the first place.
Last edited by Sigmas on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)