New GT 5/30/13: I bet you have this ringtone

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT 5/30/13: I bet you have this ringtone

Postby Havoc » Fri May 31, 2013 12:45 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Somebody's gonna kill Him and Mandy for good someday.

Surely there has be someone from the world about who survived, and is now seeking revenge. There just has to be.

PaytonWest wrote:It seems Chi's powers are showing themselves.

I'm hoping Chi will look at her monster face in the mirror, and flip shit over it.
I wonder if Aku will have to come in and clam her down, in order to get her face back to normal.

Teran wrote:Even though Chi is acting like a spoiled brat, I can't hate her. Dunno why.

I'm glad you're warming up to her character. As for me; the spoiled princess/prince type characters never set well with me. They always rub me the wrong way, and I rarely take a liking to there character.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 am

Havoc751 wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Somebody's gonna kill Him and Mandy for good someday.

Surely there has be someone from the world about who survived, and is now seeking revenge. There just has to be.

Maybe Rory can kill them both. lol
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri May 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Wouldn't be fun to see a hero turned dark and twisted while on the journey of revenge? Honestly GT could be A LOT more twisted than it is, I realize that some twisted things have happened, but everything twisted that's happened is either not clear enough to be analyzed or could be a lot worse. Personal opinion, it's true that a lot of things that are twisted can be more twisted, but for me, the stuff in GT were played out lightly.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Fri May 31, 2013 6:15 pm

I think it's very twisted at this point, so... you know, they should play it safe right now.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Play it safe? They live in Hell, there technically shouldn't be any borders, and if there are they should be crossed. I still don't think it's anywhere near as twisted as it could be. Though AB is non-canon, I kind of thought it had more of the feel to the Hell side than GT atm. GT does have some moments where it gets twisted, but they're usually soften up'd for us. Though I might sound twisted here, I was expecting Mimi to have been raped, either by Him or by any other twisted being, they live in Hell, a place probably filled with awful beings.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Wasn't thinking that twisted, but there are somethings I think they could have expanded on and somethings they could have made a little darker though. Bleed does have to walk on a thin line with this comic about that though. There was some rule or something that Dave had where he wanted the artists to remain somewhat safe here since kids get on and check this out too.

But then we had Bunnywith...
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri May 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Blood Lord wrote:But then we had Bunnywith...
Never anger a magician

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:33 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:Maybe Rory can kill them both.

Who's Rory?

Blood Lord wrote:Wasn't thinking that twisted, but there are somethings I think they could have expanded on and somethings they could have made a little darker though. Bleed does have to walk on a thin line with this comic about that though. There was some rule or something that Dave had where he wanted the artists to remain somewhat safe here since kids get on and check this out too.

What things do you think could have been darker?
I get the uneasy feeling the darkest things in this comic, revolves around Blossom and the death of the heroes.

Also this "rule" you speak of, the one set in place by Dave. Is it still technically in effect, or sense Dave no longer cares, it doesn't anymore.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:25 am

Havoc751 wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Maybe Rory can kill them both.

Who's Rory?

Doctor Who reference.. plastic and lasers basically
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 am

Havoc751 wrote:Who's Rory?

I always wanted to do that.
Never anger a magician

Postby gamefan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:11 am

Etherian wrote: How can Bleed make these pages in just a few days?

Probably working one after another ignoring everything else for a while. He surely is having fun with the comic and maybe our reactions. :P
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:45 am

Blood Lord wrote:Wasn't thinking that twisted, but there are somethings I think they could have expanded on and somethings they could have made a little darker though. Bleed does have to walk on a thin line with this comic about that though. There was some rule or something that Dave had where he wanted the artists to remain somewhat safe here since kids get on and check this out too.

Never thought of little kids reading GT, if they can handle the abortion concept and Hos/Raven's suicide, I think they can handle other event s being darker. Maybe not visually darker, but dialogue giving information that can be expressed and implied in such ways.

Havoc751 wrote:What things do you think could have been darker?
I get the uneasy feeling the darkest things in this comic, revolves around Blossom and the death of the heroes.

As I said earlier, rape could be an example. If you want a more specific event that actually happened, I'd say when Junior kissed Minnie, it was treated as a big deal. In Hell seeing something like that shouldn't be that shocking, I thought it'd bring out the lustful Minnie, instead she turned back to normal.
As for your opinion on the darkest parts of the comic, we did see a few heroes die, and heard that many others did. We saw Him ripping Blossom from Mimi, wouldn't be too surprising if Him started to torture Blossom right there, and kept torturing her until Mimi forced herself to end Blossom's life. That area seems like the darkest moments can keep on coming.

A question I've had for a while, anyone know who's older, Chi or Mimi?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Well, the protagonists are kids, most of the references (characters, settings, etc.) are based on kids shows, so I would expect little kids as part of the audience.

Then again, some of them only watch the art and ignore all the dialogue, but still.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:A question I've had for a while, anyone know who's older, Chi or Mimi?

I assume mimi is, in lou of the probability that Chi is partially blossom in some form or fashion (Blood's thoughts), Mimi was already born. Unless of course a sample from blossom was taken before the events of Him and what not... Traitor?

Technically Mimi is older but with Chi being a shapeshifter, I don't think it really applies.
Flerp flerps

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:11 pm

The kids that used to watch these shows are older by now, and the kids that are still considered young, probably didn't go out of there way to search for something like this. Assuming that a young child did go out of there way to find this, if they kept reading past the abortion and Megaville flashback parts, they can handle more.
As for the question I asked about Chi and Mimi concerning who was the older sibling, is there proof that Mimi is older? or are you just basing it off of Blood's theory?

Edit: woopsie made a typo
Last edited by Hallow Nova on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:As for the question I asked about Chi and Mimi concerning who was the older sibling, is there proof that Mimi is older? or are you just basing it off of Bleed's theory?

If by Bleed you mean Blood, then yes. If you do mean Bleed then do enlighten me about said theory..
I love casting legitimate opiniative posts but only as long as I have info to back said post up.
Last edited by YesterdaysLingo on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flerp flerps

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Yea, meant Blood, fixed it, but still my question.

Is there any proof that Mimi is older than Chi?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:54 pm

From Blood's thought about the use of a piece of Blossom's soul ( i think that's kinda what he said ) for a format of another being for aku to bring about through through his own fragmentation. I'd like to think the only plausible way for aku to obtain this piece of soul is after her death at the hands of him/mimi. Unless of course the traitor is blossom that of which involves a possible relationship in the pas. Otherwise Mimi would be older since she was already old enough for him to make attempts to reclaim her.

In other words, they would be around the same age if aku stripped a piece of Blossom's soul around the time she was "raped" by him.
If Him gave a piece of Blossom's soul to aku at this time i guess that would explain the good relationship between them.
Otherwise the soul was obtained after the death of blossom thusly making Mimi older in lou of Chi's creation after blossom's death.

I rambled so I probably slipped up somewhere so yeah.
That is all
Flerp flerps

Postby Guardian » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Havoc751 wrote:What things do you think could have been darker?

Not the rape idea. I really don't lean that way in my fetishes.

If the level of dark could have been maintained or close to the level of when Minnie was torn apart. Most of this comic is just skirting around that edge, like the Blossom and other heroes thing. It's hinted at how they might have died, we know Blossom was some how killed by Mimi, but we don't have those gory details. It just brushes up against the side of them and wanders off like a drunk onto some other topic that leaves even more questions. but one of the things that I think is neat about that at the same time is that Bleedman can make a ton of side arcs on it and we are at least progressing somewhere even though that where isn't very clear.

Havoc751 wrote:Also this "rule" you speak of, the one set in place by Dave. Is it still technically in effect, or sense Dave no longer cares, it doesn't anymore.

I have no idea. I was relatively new at the time I heard about it, and it was something about Grim's use of the word "fook". But then we had Bunnywith, Mandy got to say "fuck" a few times, etc. So it seems like it just isn't there anymore or Dave doesn't care about it.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Is there any proof that Mimi is older than Chi?

Not directly, no. You can go off of two ideas to point to two different ideas. The first being that Blossom was with Aku first, and they some how managed to have a child together and then through some odd event Blossom left and went to Megaville. Mimi's conception could have occurred before or after she left the City of Aku. This would make Chi about a year older, give or take a couple of months. The issue that I am having with this thought process now is that the relationship that Aku and Him have is on pretty good terms. You might be thinking "Why does this matter? It's the Underworld." Well, it does. Most of the denizens are corrupted, but there is good in them as well. You have to have that in the comic from an authors point of view or else people wouldn't be able to relate to the characters, and just feel disgusted by reading the comic. Instead you want people to relate to the characters and have emotions for them. BUT back to the other thing.

We see that Aku cares about his family. I would have guessed that if Aku cared about Blossom, he would have hated Him for having Mimi kill her. the relationship between the two would be strained. there are a few ways around this, which I think are a longshot but still possible. Aku understood to some extent that Blossom made a deal with Him over something (perhaps it was to save his life) and her escape to Megaville betrayed that deal. Thus her life had been forfeited. Aku was never aware of the situation. Blossom betrayed Aku and Him so they both attacked Megaville.

YesterdaysLingo wrote:From Blood's thought about the use of a piece of Blossom's soul ( i think that's kinda what he said ) for a format of another being for aku to bring about through through his own fragmentation. I'd like to think the only plausible way for aku to obtain this piece of soul is after her death at the hands of him/mimi. Unless of course the traitor is blossom that of which involves a possible relationship in the pas. Otherwise Mimi would be older since she was already old enough for him to make attempts to reclaim her.

In other words, they would be around the same age if aku stripped a piece of Blossom's soul around the time she was "raped" by him.
If Him gave a piece of Blossom's soul to aku at this time i guess that would explain the good relationship between them.
Otherwise the soul was obtained after the death of blossom thusly making Mimi older in lou of Chi's creation after blossom's death.

Fairly accurate, and this is the source of my other idea detailing the creation of Chi, but also provides some guess work into what happened and as we can see, age, so to speak. Thus far I like this one the best, because it compensates for the relationship between Him and Aku. So Yesterdays was fairly accurate about it. Fragment(s) of Blossom's soul was used to make Chi. A recent idea I had about how this occurred is that Him could have brought the soul fragments back to Aku as a gesture of "I'm sorry, but it had to be done" and Aku made Chi (this part was more of a combination and brought some of the other idea into this).

The slightly difficult thing I have with the Underworld here is how age and time fits into everything. Does time pass in the manner that we calculate it to here on Earth? How much of a factor does the immortality play on these children and their development? Are Minnie and Jr older or younger than Chi and Mimi, or since they are immortal and the time could be different here than on the mortal realm, it doesn't matter because the rate of developement is slow enough that they all appear the same age. (I do know that Jr is older than Minnie).
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, Mimi certainly looks a bit older of the two, though this is not defintive especially if one beleives Aku had intimate enough involvement with Chi's creation to have control as to what she turned out looking like, (which he would if she was some sort of essence clone). As I mentioned before the feudal Japanese standard of female beauty doesn't really go for the busty look.
As for the possibility of Chi having part of Blossoms soul in her, that actually could explain a bit more why Him seems to approve of Mimi's and Chi's relationship. After all, Him wants Mimi to be immersed in as many forms of evil as possible. If Chi is sort of Blossom's reincarnation, then thier relationship is somewhere between incest and a sort of lesbian version of the Oedipus/Elektra complex (not really sure which, since Classic Freudian/Junglian psychology doesn't really have a word for a girl lusting after her mother.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Not directly, no. You can go off of two ideas to point to two different ideas. The first being that Blossom was with Aku first, and they some how managed to have a child together and then through some odd event Blossom left and went to Megaville. Mimi's conception could have occurred before or after she left the City of Aku. This would make Chi about a year older, give or take a couple of months. The issue that I am having with this thought process now is that the relationship that Aku and Him have is on pretty good terms. You might be thinking "Why does this matter? It's the Underworld." Well, it does. Most of the denizens are corrupted, but there is good in them as well. You have to have that in the comic from an authors point of view or else people wouldn't be able to relate to the characters, and just feel disgusted by reading the comic. Instead you want people to relate to the characters and have emotions for them. BUT back to the other thing.

I can understand if the characters still have their own personal emotions to deal with, and how some may not be okay with certain things, just saying that the readers should be open to the possibilities that this story can get a lot worse.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:As for the possibility of Chi having part of Blossoms soul in her, that actually could explain a bit more why Him seems to approve of Mimi's and Chi's relationship. After all, Him wants Mimi to be immersed in as many forms of evil as possible. If Chi is sort of Blossom's reincarnation, then their relationship is somewhere between incest and a sort of lesbian version of the Oedipus/Elektra complex (not really sure which, since Classic Freudian/Junglian psychology doesn't really have a word for a girl lusting after her mother.)

It's still possible that Mimi just loves Chi as family, so far it's just Chi showing her love for Mimi.

Something I'd also want to point out, anyone else notice that Chi's teeth are faced strangely? Her canines seem to have changed the direction they were facing, or they're just faced, strangely.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 am

Blood Lord wrote:We see that Aku cares about his family. I would have guessed that if Aku cared about Blossom, he would have hated Him for having Mimi kill her. the relationship between the two would be strained. there are a few ways around this, which I think are a longshot but still possible. Aku understood to some extent that Blossom made a deal with Him over something (perhaps it was to save his life) and her escape to Megaville betrayed that deal. Thus her life had been forfeited. Aku was never aware of the situation. Blossom betrayed Aku and Him so they both attacked Megaville.

I never even considered the idea Blossom betrayed Aku. But it would fit perfectly into the current circumstances. But I'm still going with the theory that Aku doesn't know the whole situation.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:As for the possibility of Chi having part of Blossoms soul in her, that actually could explain a bit more why Him seems to approve of Mimi's and Chi's relationship. After all, Him wants Mimi to be immersed in as many forms of evil as possible. If Chi is sort of Blossom's reincarnation, then their relationship is somewhere between incest and a sort of lesbian version of the Oedipus/Elektra complex (not really sure which, since Classic Freudian/Junglian psychology doesn't really have a word for a girl lusting after her mother.)

That's pretty fucked up. Awhile back, I came up with the idea that if Chi was made from part of Blossom's soul, than this lust could somehow have been born from what remains of Blossom's motherly for Mimi.

Blood Lord wrote:Most of this comic is just skirting around that edge, like the Blossom and other heroes thing. It's hinted at how they might have died, we know Blossom was some how killed by Mimi, but we don't have those gory details. It just brushes up against the side of them and wanders off like a drunk onto some other topic that leaves even more questions. but one of the things that I think is neat about that at the same time is that Bleedman can make a ton of side arcs on it and we are at least progressing somewhere even though that where isn't very clear.

I feel like Future Orientations was suppose to be a lot longer, and meant to answers all of the questions surrounding the Heroes and Blossom, but this Chi story came about, and cut it short. I'm wondering if the questions surrounding the heroes, will be answers in bits and pieces as we progress through the story. I'm also wondering if Grim Jr. and/or Minnie, for what ever reason, will make a trip to the world of the living at some point in the story.

Tenshi Nova wrote:A question I've had for a while, anyone know who's older, Chi or Mimi?

If we knew which one came first, it would sure as shit help us figure out how it whole thing went down.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:14 pm

I suspect the last thing we'll find out from this comic is the age difference between Chi and Mimi. Although, knowing just how information gets thrown out there, we could also know this within three pages.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Is the fact that Mimi being Blossom's daughter 100% true, or is the theory of Olga being the mother still there?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 pm

It's Blossom.

Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)