New GT 5/30/13: I bet you have this ringtone

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New GT 5/30/13: I bet you have this ringtone

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 am

First time I actually did this.

And I hoped Chi was going to be a good villian.
What is that next to Mimi's phone in the 4th panel?

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Re: New GT 5/30/13: I bet you have this ringtone

Postby gamefan » Thu May 30, 2013 6:43 am

That is a keyholder or something like that, but hmm....just a toy or really is some of Blossom's hair?
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Birdofterror » Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 am

Wait, if she never uses the phone... why bother specifying that it's Chi?

I mean, that's Mimi's phone, so... lets say for example that Chi has never called her once ever, because she herself said Mimi doesn't talk and calling her is useless-

By using that logic, her caller I.D. should not be on that phone. It's impossible.

Unless she put it there all the while knowing it's never going to be seen because she's never going to call because she can never talk in the first place.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby silvercover » Thu May 30, 2013 7:51 am

and who said chi was going to be a villain?
if anything, it seems more to me that she's gonna be the protagonist, in the same vein mimi was in GTFO.
the worse thing she did was nearly shoot him, and that actually would have been a good thing.

Birdofterror wrote:Wait, if she never uses the phone... why bother specifying that it's Chi?

I mean, that's Mimi's phone, so... lets say for example that Chi has never called her once ever, because she herself said Mimi doesn't talk and calling her is useless-

By using that logic, her caller I.D. should not be on that phone. It's impossible.

Unless she put it there all the while knowing it's never going to be seen because she's never going to call because she can never talk in the first place.

afaik they already were texting each other. it should connect to calls as well.

if not then she put it there just in case. if you've ever seen a yandere this wouldnt surprise you. also possible that she thought there would be some day where mimi could talk.
in fact, it feels to me her rebuttal with saying that mimi doesnt talk is just her being in denial of being scared to call her. making excuses to delay, cause im pretty sure chi would have been content just listened to mimi breathing.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 30, 2013 7:58 am

gamefan wrote:That is a keyholder or something like that, but hmm....just a toy or really is some of Blossom's hair?

It's a cellphone charm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_charm). Nearly every teen in Asia has one on thier phone (most have several). It may be an lock of Blossom's hair (though I would point out that any hair carrier around in that manner (out in the open and presumably in Mimi's pocket) for that long (it has to be several years since Mimi killed her mom, and dead mom = mom you can't get hair from. Unless (really icky thought) Mimi or Him kept Blossom's head/body, and Mimi goes back every now and again to "refresh" the hair.) More likely the charm was simply given to Mimi by her mother to remember her (this is also borne out by the ribbon and the barette; by the time Blossom had Mimi (or at least, by the time of the flashback) Blossom didn't wear them anymore.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:45 am

Apparently Chi's latent shapeshifting powers are starting to express themselves?
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
gamefan wrote:That is a keyholder or something like that, but hmm....just a toy or really is some of Blossom's hair?

It's a cellphone charm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_charm). Nearly every teen in Asia has one on thier phone (most have several). It may be an lock of Blossom's hair (though I would point out that any hair carrier around in that manner (out in the open and presumably in Mimi's pocket) for that long (it has to be several years since Mimi killed her mom, and dead mom = mom you can't get hair from. Unless (really icky thought) Mimi or Him kept Blossom's head/body, and Mimi goes back every now and again to "refresh" the hair.) More likely the charm was simply given to Mimi by her mother to remember her (this is also borne out by the ribbon and the barette; by the time Blossom had Mimi (or at least, by the time of the flashback) Blossom didn't wear them anymore.)

Still pretty morbid.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:

Still pretty morbid.

Sort of depends on whether Mimi's killing of Blossom was voluntary, or Him forced her too (He can possess people, right? and he can certainly change people's emotions he could have pulled the whole "love into hate" thing again.)If he did, it actualy could be a little touching, it would show that even after killing her, Mimi still loves Blossom.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby strider0075 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
It may be an lock of Blossom's hair (though I would point out that any hair carrier around in that manner (out in the open and presumably in Mimi's pocket) for that long (it has to be several years since Mimi killed her mom, and dead mom = mom you can't get hair from. Unless (really icky thought) Mimi or Him kept Blossom's head/body, and Mimi goes back every now and again to "refresh" the hair.) More likely the charm was simply given to Mimi by her mother to remember her (this is also borne out by the ribbon and the barette; by the time Blossom had Mimi (or at least, by the time of the flashback) Blossom didn't wear them anymore.)

Or the mini bow is a red herring (yes I debated on using a pun, decided I was better than that) and that's a lock of Chi's hair, with the design being coincidental, considering both Chi and Blossom have the same hair color. This is also the first chapter we've heard of mimi having a phone, so it could be that the phone is not of use to mimi outside of keeping in touch with Chi. That said it could be possible that the phone and cellphone charm was given to Mimi by Chi.

Postby Etherian » Thu May 30, 2013 11:43 am

Jeff and Demongo will get to meet. For the first time or in reunion? Maybe we'll find out how much work it takes to travel between realms.

So Mimi has an Iphone. Darn product placement! :) I like the label scribbled on it. It's the sort of rude customization Mimi would do.

I love Chi's flowing dress. How can Bleed make these pages in just a few days? I just noticed the half-flower on the chest which reminds me of doll Minnie.

Chi's form in the last panel reminds me of something. Venom from Spiderman? Ha! It's like Venom dressed up as a little girl.

Postby Teran » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Even though Chi is acting like a spoiled brat, I can't hate her. Dunno why.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Etherian wrote:Jeff and Demongo will get to meet. For the first time or in reunion? Maybe we'll find out how much work it takes to travel between realms.

Its going to be a reunion, but i wonder if Demongo even likes Jeff. Jeff is just so... nice meanwhile Demongo is practically looking for the chance to get his body back instead of being stuck in soul mode, so he can prove to Aku that he deserves a second chance as his right hand man instead of being a stress ball for his/her daughter.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Savvy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm

I do wonder though. How can Mimi text to Chi when she has two big red claws for hands?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 pm

We discussed this before. She's likely to be able to use her tail.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm

@ whom-ever cares enough;
I do believe most smartphones nowadays have a auto-sync feature with facebook that links information to the phone such as profile pics, addresses, b-days and adds them under contacts.
(my evidence is that my phone does and so does my sister's and little bro's do too ( thats about it))
- this explains why the image is there in the first place when chi called.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Still pretty morbid.

Sort of depends on whether Mimi's killing of Blossom was voluntary, or Him forced her too (He can possess people, right? and he can certainly change people's emotions he could have pulled the whole "love into hate" thing again.)If he did, it actualy could be a little touching, it would show that even after killing her, Mimi still loves Blossom.[/quote]
No. It's screwed up both ways. It's a reminder of the mother that died by your hands. I'm not going to pretend to know how Mimi was influenced to kill Blossom. But I would believe that it would have to be her will in control. Small manipulations at most. Because if Him used Mimi to kill Blossom, then it would have been Him killing her not Mimi. It's like we blame Hitler for all the deaths of the Jews in the Nazi concentration camps, but he didn't actually pull the lever. Might have commanded it done though.

I would guess that it could have happened when Mimi and the symbiote merged to first form Her. Him decieving Her would have been better, but somehow he gained some level of loyalty from Mimi. At the same time, it is a wild possibility that Mimi did it to end Blossom's suffering. But I can also see your idea at the same time as well. For me, your idea would seem something like putting the two in a pit, or a arena and having a duel to the death for Him's own amusement.

This would be a interesting thing to see, and hopefully GT will shed some more light on it later.

There are many things I wish this comic would shed some light on though.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 pm

strider0075 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:
It may be an lock of Blossom's hair (though I would point out that any hair carrier around in that manner (out in the open and presumably in Mimi's pocket) for that long (it has to be several years since Mimi killed her mom, and dead mom = mom you can't get hair from. Unless (really icky thought) Mimi or Him kept Blossom's head/body, and Mimi goes back every now and again to "refresh" the hair.) More likely the charm was simply given to Mimi by her mother to remember her (this is also borne out by the ribbon and the barette; by the time Blossom had Mimi (or at least, by the time of the flashback) Blossom didn't wear them anymore.)

Or the mini bow is a red herring (yes I debated on using a pun, decided I was better than that) and that's a lock of Chi's hair, with the design being coincidental, considering both Chi and Blossom have the same hair color. This is also the first chapter we've heard of mimi having a phone, so it could be that the phone is not of use to mimi outside of keeping in touch with Chi. That said it could be possible that the phone and cellphone charm was given to Mimi by Chi.

Possilby. though it would be a really weird coincidence. I will also point out that techncially Blossom and Chi do NOT have the same hair color. Chi's is quite a bit more orange than Blossom's (it's pretty close to the color Blossom's hair was when she was a kid, but from the comic, her hair seems to have darkened quite a bit as she aged (most light haired people's does)). And the lock on the phone is far closer to adult Blossom's shade than Chi's (the bottom of Chi's hair in this panel is close but that is in shade; it looks like Him's office (or wherever the phone is), is fully lit.)

Postby strider0075 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Possilby. though it would be a really weird coincidence. I will also point out that techncially Blossom and Chi do NOT have the same hair color. Chi's is quite a bit more orange than Blossom's (it's pretty close to the color Blossom's hair was when she was a kid, but from the comic, her hair seems to have darkened quite a bit as she aged (most light haired people's does)). And the lock on the phone is far closer to adult Blossom's shade than Chi's (the bottom of Chi's hair in this panel is close but that is in shade; it looks like Him's office (or wherever the phone is), is fully lit.)

True, maybe my hoping it's a coincidence and a red herring to throw off readers is the part of me that is still hoping that we've seen enough dark and/or twisted shit for a bit. I mean for crap's sake there's only so much one man can take and the idea that Mimi has a momento (either forced to keep by HIM or voluntarily keeping it) of her mother and the underlying implications is just a bit more than I can take. So my imagination is stretching every possible alternative.

Postby PaytonWest » Thu May 30, 2013 4:43 pm

It seems Chi's powers are showing themselves. But the charm... it looks a lot like Blossom's pony tail from when she was younger, I'd believe it is something to help Mimi remember her mother.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Somebody's gonna kill Him and Mandy for good someday.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Still pretty morbid.

Sort of depends on whether Mimi's killing of Blossom was voluntary, or Him forced her too (He can possess people, right? and he can certainly change people's emotions he could have pulled the whole "love into hate" thing again.)If he did, it actualy could be a little touching, it would show that even after killing her, Mimi still loves Blossom.

No. It's screwed up both ways. It's a reminder of the mother that died by your hands. I'm not going to pretend to know how Mimi was influenced to kill Blossom. But I would believe that it would have to be her will in control. Small manipulations at most. Because if Him used Mimi to kill Blossom, then it would have been Him killing her not Mimi. It's like we blame Hitler for all the deaths of the Jews in the Nazi concentration camps, but he didn't actually pull the lever. Might have commanded it done though.

There is yet another possibility that Mimi put it on the phone specifically to remind her what she did. We really don't know how much of what goes on in Mimi's head is her "original" self (if any) whether inside of all the darkness and despair is the same little girl we saw pre transformation. And we really don't know how she actually feels about him now, whether somewhere inside she is biding her time, waiting for a chance to strike back in revenege. If she does, than the hair could be a constant reminder of what Him made her do (either through direct control, or by manipulation) so she will never forget. Like that ancient king (Cyrus the Great, I think) who commanded his servants to offer him figs at every meal, to remind him he had yet to conquer the land where they grew.

I would guess that it could have happened when Mimi and the symbiote merged to first form Her. Him decieving Her would have been better, but somehow he gained some level of loyalty from Mimi. At the same time, it is a wild possibility that Mimi did it to end Blossom's suffering. But I can also see your idea at the same time as well. For me, your idea would seem something like putting the two in a pit, or a arena and having a duel to the death for Him's own amusement.

This would be a interesting thing to see, and hopefully GT will shed some more light on it later.

There are many things I wish this comic would shed some light on though. [/quote]

I'm Mimi had done it to end Blossom's suffering I doubt Him would have had a photo of it taken and hang it on his wall (it's his office, not Mimi's room Him is the only one who probably sees it regularly)

And while I'm not sure where it fits in the argument, I should point out that keeping locks of hair as ornaments from the deceased does have a pretty long and honorable tradition. They're a form of memento mori, a reminder that no matter who you are you too will die. As I pointed out once before, given the different way time flows in the underworld, we really have no idea under what times social norms the varios parts of the underworld run, and what is considered "normal". In Victorian times, taking hair from the deceased arranging it attractively and putting it in brooches, rings, or even hanging it on the wall was de rigeur as was keeping peoples death masks. (in fact it was done so often and on such a scale I sometimes wonder if a lot of Victorian corpses went to the grave completely bald!)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu May 30, 2013 5:12 pm

I have a Tardis dematerialization ringtone.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I should point out that keeping locks of hair as ornaments from the deceased does have a pretty long and honorable tradition. They're a form of memento mori, a reminder that no matter who you are you too will die. As I pointed out once before, given the different way time flows in the underworld, we really have no idea under what times social norms the varios parts of the underworld run, and what is considered "normal". In Victorian times, taking hair from the deceased arranging it attractively and putting it in brooches, rings, or even hanging it on the wall was de rigeur as was keeping peoples death masks. (in fact it was done so often and on such a scale I sometimes wonder if a lot of Victorian corpses went to the grave completely bald!)

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know this, and thanks for sharing it.

Gonna think on this, because if this is the case, its going to reveal a pretty interesting connection and make Blossom's death all the more interesting.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 pm

strider0075 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:

True, maybe my hoping it's a coincidence and a red herring to throw off readers is the part of me that is still hoping that we've seen enough dark and/or twisted shit for a bit. I mean for crap's sake there's only so much one man can take and the idea that Mimi has a momento (either forced to keep by HIM or voluntarily keeping it) of her mother and the underlying implications is just a bit more than I can take. So my imagination is stretching every possible alternative.

Well to each and own. I personally LOVE all this stuff, but then again I am a dark twisted individual who REVELS in the dark side. It's why I love Charles Addams, It's why I love Edward Gorey, it's why I sing Tom Lehrer. To quote Robert Bloch, "The Bat is My Brother". But to each thier own.

Postby strider0075 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Well to each and own. I personally LOVE all this stuff, but then again I am a dark twisted individual who REVELS in the dark side. It's why I love Charles Addams, It's why I love Edward Gorey, it's why I sing Tom Lehrer. To quote Robert Bloch, "The Bat is My Brother". But to each thier own.

I have my dark side too, I don't deny it, rather I do embrace it with the knowledge that denying my inner darkness would be foolish as it's a part of who I am. I can handle the dark stuff, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. But I get what you're saying, to each their own, I have my understanding of darkness but I also have my inner optimist who hopes for the best.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)