New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales (05/26/2013): In Unholy Matrimony

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh wait, what about the scenario of one of the rulers being imprisoned by some other ruler? A perfect reason for having a substitute for the throne.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm

That would result in the need of an heir over friends, why?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 8:44 pm

sinistra-sundown wrote:What about Grim? He is Death itself, I doubt he can die. And he's been doing that for millenia now.

Yea, that's probably because this person screwed his wife.

Retirement, he might one day want to hand down the scythe to a possibly more powerful reaper.

Nergal Jr. and Danny screwed his wife, he wasn't as mad at them as he is with Junior's donor. Ofc, at the time Nergal was provoking him. I just feel that not giving that information out, while mentioning it is something to look forward to.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

That wasn't anger at Jr's donor. That was more like anger at the situation, and the uncomfortable situation of not being able to give his wife a kid. Grim loves his daughter, but hates Nergal Sr.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon May 27, 2013 11:36 pm

When Nergal was talking about he gave off a tone that made me think Junior's donor would cause quite the discussion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sinistra-sundown » Mon May 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote:That would result in the need of an heir over friends, why?

I dunno. Trust issues?
And people like Mandy probably don't even have friends.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 pm

I take leave for two days and shit's already hitting the fan! Chi is wanting to marry Mimi but Aku is afraid others may not take kindly and because of this it pisses Chi off and makes her say "go fuck yourself, we're through". And I don't have a problem with Aku being called mom, after all it's not like Aku has a definitive gender seeing as he can shape shift. Well I can defiantly see a wedding between Jr and Chi somewhere in the mix... :shock: unless Boogyman has a kid somewhere in the mix.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue May 28, 2013 12:34 am

This is what happens when you don't check in regularly, you miss out on some really interesting and informing yet highly disturbing discussions...
Chi and Jr...I can just SEE that awkward party...
Which version of Boogieman? Grim Adventures or Halloween Town? Unless Pitch is gonna join the party, I don't see a kid from Boogieman happening anytime soon.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 28, 2013 12:48 am

Pretty sure it's not Halloween Town's Boogie, he did kill Minnie and tried to kill Junior. Who's Pitch btw?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue May 28, 2013 1:17 am

Pitch Black, another name for the Boogieman.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 am

I'm hoping neither Boogie, nor the Boogieman will make a reappearance in GT.
I wasn't fond other either to tell you the truth. On a weird side note; for some reason, I imagined the Boogieman in GT:AB, sounding like Christopher Lloyd.

Speaking of Afterbirth. Since the ghost twins are no longer canon, what will become of Dark Danny fucking Mandy?
Will it be the same ghost twins in AB? Will a brand new offspring/character come about? Or will Mandy just simply not conceive?

Blood Lord wrote:I do wonder why anyone in the Underworld would need an heir. Everyone is eternal.

I've thought about that too. My theory is they are not truly "eternal". Like maybe they only live for 100,000 years or so.
Like they still age, but just not nearly as quickly as mere mortals.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 am

In the page "Tourists Guide to the Underworld" (under the section City of Aku), one section refers to the other members (well at least the leaders) of the underworld to be "demi-immortals". That somewhat confirms that they can be killed, but have longer than usual life spans.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 28, 2013 5:57 am

Just a random thought, anyone think that Demo and Jeff could be friends? The masters, Aku and Him, discuss their private matters. Their kids, Chi and Mimi, are socializing together. The servants/babysitters, Demo and Jeff, might have some time to chit chat. Idk why, but I'm curious about their interactions and views of each other.
Last edited by Hallow Nova on Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 am

Well demo does seem to be Chi's version of jeff. If he is, then unfortunenatly it will have to be explained in the form of a flashback.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 am

There are notable differences, the main one being that Jeff wants to watch over Mimi whereas Demo sees it as a burden or punishment.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue May 28, 2013 7:15 am

sinistra-sundown wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:That would result in the need of an heir over friends, why?

I dunno. Trust issues?
And people like Mandy probably don't even have friends.

Why should any of them trust thier offspring any more? After all, if, in thier absecne thier heirs get to rule, that's a pretty good reason for NOT rescuing them. The old guard returns, the new rulers have to give thier thrones back. The interaction of nations is a battle royale, and in a battle royale, you HAVE no friends, EVERYONE is your enemy.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Savvy » Tue May 28, 2013 2:42 pm

As to the whole "demon kids" thing, I find it as more for the sake of running the family business and continuing their legacy. While they are demi-immortal, Him and Aku won't last forever (remember, Him is still missing a hand after the angel cut it off so there are things out there that can and eventually will kill either of them), and so they want their evil legacies and empires to live on after them. So, they have children to continue their names and legacies onward, keeping themselves still present in some way in the world even after death. If Mimi does continue in Him's footsteps, then Him lives on through her, same with Aku. And each monarch has a different relationship with their child. When Him rants at Mimi for betraying Him, its not the fact she did so, but the reason why (to protect Jeff), as this page shows. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=140 If she did betray Him to seize control or for a more selfish reason, he would likely accept that as just part of the game.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Then don't get killed. It's that simple. Aku lasted for thousands of years after he bannished Jack and is still alive here in the Underworld. A heir isn't a good insurance life insurance policy, nor do I think they are that focused on having such a legacy.

If you raise your off spring to be a power hungry, ruthless Underworld dictator like yourself, who is most likely to kill you? Some angel from heaven? Some adventure seeking some magical shit? Or the little hell spawn you just raised.

An Heir seems awfully counter-productive here.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I think for Aku it's less about raising an heir, and more about raising his daughter.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 4:45 pm

For Aku, defiently. He seems to be the only one who is acting like a parent, and I suspect he did it because he wanted the experience of having a daughter and for him, he is probably the only one seeking actual retirement.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Tue May 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Then don't get killed. It's that simple. Aku lasted for thousands of years after he bannished Jack and is still alive here in the Underworld. A heir isn't a good insurance life insurance policy, nor do I think they are that focused on having such a legacy.

If you raise your off spring to be a power hungry, ruthless Underworld dictator like yourself, who is most likely to kill you? Some angel from heaven? Some adventure seeking some magical shit? Or the little hell spawn you just raised.

An Heir seems awfully counter-productive here.

Nothing lasts forever. Aku's currently in decline, as it says he's semi-retired from conquering and now is comfortable just ruling his empire there. Him is missing a hand. Part of being an evil demonic dictator is that there is alot of risk over it, and both have shown they're, at the least, not in their prime. Over time, it doesn't matter how strong you are, eventually someone or something is going to cause your death. And that legacy is clearly Him's motivation as seen in this page http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=216 Of course, it might just be Hunson's inferring it, but this is the closest we have to a motivation for why Him is training Mimi like this.

Also, as I said before, Him does want her to become a ruthless monstrous dictator. He said before, as I said, he'd understand if Mimi tried to betray him, even if he'd do anything he could to stop her. It makes sense as a lot of parents do that, and for Him, being a proud and vicious being, to love having a creature in his own image, continuing to corrupt and destroy after he's gone.

As for Aku, it states he wants her to continue on as well, and it makes sense as a legacy part, though he has a lot more affection for Chi. After all, Aku was the "child" of a huge dark mass of evil 3 gods fought and nearly destroyed combined with a magic arrow. In some way, Chi living on is him living on. However, I agree he has the most normal relationship as a parent, which is strange, considering he's the most abstractly evil of the group. Still, this is just more speculation until we find out more about how Chi came to be.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Savvy wrote:Nothing lasts forever. Aku's currently in decline, as it says he's semi-retired from conquering and now is comfortable just ruling his empire there. Him is missing a hand.

These are more health related concerns, aside from Aku's reason for retiring which has yet to be explained. Not a issue of time. If these guys are immortal to the point where time ha no mastery over them, only physical pain, why would a heir help fix that? It seems as if it would only complicate the problems further.

Savvy wrote:Part of being an evil demonic dictator is that there is alot of risk over it, and both have shown they're, at the least, not in their prime.

What evidence do you have that supports this? Him ANNIHILATED a city full of super heroes, and survived a detonation of a nuclear weapon that only brought him back being stronger and more dangerous. So he was caught off guard by a betrayal and a holy warrior. Hardly fair to deem someone "out of their prime" by this event.

Aku is eternal and can only be killed by Jack's sword. I would guess that other weapons of purity and holiness could damage him as well. but he himself isn't in a physical, or mental type of decline. I suspect his retirement is just because he is bored.

Savvy wrote:Over time, it doesn't matter how strong you are, eventually someone or something is going to cause your death. And that legacy is clearly Him's motivation as seen in this page http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=216 Of course, it might just be Hunson's inferring it, but this is the closest we have to a motivation for why Him is training Mimi like this.

that's more like Hudson inferring it, and not being a "clear" source. A clear indication would be a direct quote from Him. This reaction and explanation from Hudson is more likely to be a reason why he is doing it with his daughter, and Him is just getting impatient and wants to get the point made. Mimi might eventually run the "family business" but why her? Wouldn't the person who killed Him take over his zone and rule instead? It seems easier to prevent that from happening instead of raising a minion in your image.

I mean take Mandy for example. Why the hell is she having kids? for kicks? She is the most immortal person out of everyone here. She can't die unless Grim wills it. We've even seen that happen.

My thought is that they are going to leave and actually retire somewhere sunny and just enjoy being immortal. that is the only reason that is making any sense to me, except for Mandy. It looks as if all she wants is power and she is the only ruler who isn't raising kids to follow her path. Jr will be the new Reaper, Mimi the new tempter and trier of souls, and Chi the "shoguness of darkness".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Savvy » Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 pm

I have my own theory as to that, and its based on a question that's been bugging me for a little bit. What IS the relationship Grim's clan has with the other realms of the Underworld? We've seen Him being at least somewhat friendly with Hudson and Aku, no mention of Walker and the Ghost Zone, and no sign of how Grim's realm relates to the others. This leads to other questions such as: how did the other rulers react to the news (if they knew) that Him wanted to use the Reaper-Nergal hybrid to overthrow the rest of creation? Does Him sending Mimi to steal the Hand constitute an act of war with Grim's realm?

I subscribe to the theory Mandy is having kids to have a strong power base. She already has a young reaper, a Nergal child (which are incredibly powerful demons), and will have a child from one of the most powerful ghosts ever. These children are already full of potential, as seen when Jr and Minni's combined powers threatened to destroy everything. Its possible the reason for her doing this is because from the looks of it, the alliance of Him, Aku, and Hudson could try to overthrow and conquer Grim's realm for their own if Grim's realm wasn't powerful enough to last on its own. After all, I don't see Mandy as being quite the one for diplomacy, so these children are part of keeping enough power to prevent the other realms from trying to overthrow Grim's realm. It'd also add an extra reason for that huge weapon's vault; stockpiling superweapons in case one of the other Realms tried something.

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Now that is an interesting point to consider. From what I've so far seen of the forums everybody likes to discuss the character's relationships with each other. You bring a more...political view? That's the only way I can think of it.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Just wanted to share a few theories:

Grim isn't friends with any of the lords because he has to able to reap them if their time comes. Whether he reached that decision himself, Mandy made him, or if they just didn't like each other for different reason, idk.

Grim is friends with some and that's why they are immortal, only way for them to die is through holy power(or w/e) or be sealed, etc.

In the future the ghost child could posses Junior and becomes a Ghostly Demon Reaper Hybrid. :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)