Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Image
Gir has been spared, but bell still looks pissed.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Where did Buttercup end up with Sam?

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I just realized something. THIS is why cartoon characters have huge eyes: to increase the power output of their eye beams! I mean look at it, it looks like a beam cannon rather than two beams combining.

jokes aside, PPGD still seems to be the best at plot that grabs you.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Well... this sure fucked some things up.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:03 am

I'm wondering, instead of beating the shit out of Blossom, Bell will go on a rant, about how Gir is all she's got in this world.
However, I'm dismissing the idea that she wants to open up a can of whoop-ass on Blossom. Because this incident might open up old feelings about the fact Mandark is no longer around. After all Blossom did have a hand in his death.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 am

Blood Lord wrote:Well... this sure fucked some things up.
I know, right? I hardly even know who's winning anymore.

First I was all like "Oh man, Bell is going to kick Blossom's ass!"

Then it turns out that Blossom has the eye of the tiger or some shit.

Then I was like "Oh man, Blossom is going to kick Bell's ass- AND KILL GIR!"

Then this.

If Bell wasn't able to break out of Blossom's attacks before- why was she now?

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

Birdofterror wrote:If Bell wasn't able to break out of Blossom's attacks before- why was she now?


Because Blossom let her go. Blossom only incapacitated Bell long enough to get off a clean shot. Blossom's not looking to finish off Bell, just to neutralize the threat. Blossom, herself, probably realizes there's no way she can take out Bell.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 am

strider0075 wrote:Because Blossom let her go. Blossom only incapacitated Bell long enough to get off a clean shot.
I guess that's true... but it doesn't seem like Blossom DID enough, you know?
strider0075 wrote:Blossom, herself, probably realizes there's no way she can take out Bell.
She COULD have killed Bell right there. Her foot was on her Neck- and she's a superhero. It doesn't take a lot of strength to finish off a defenseless opponent. She could have done a lot. Instead she decided to blow up a secondary system while egging on that she would kill Gir.

Now, the bomb STILL ends up going off right? So... did any of this matter? Did the "smart" Blossom really accomplish anything?

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:46 am

Birdofterror wrote:Now, the bomb STILL ends up going off right?

Yeah man. Ugh, this feels like the fight in SB. Although, I shouldn't complain too much about it, there are comics I'm following that move a lot slower than this and they get updated twice a week.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 am

She never implied that she was going to kill Gir. She even states to Bell "you're not paying attention", trying to hint that she wasn't aiming to kill Gir. Bell assumed that Blossom was aiming at Gir, when in actuality she was never aiming at Gir.

Beyond that, I don't think she physically can kill Bell, even defenseless Bell still has the same strengths as the PPG's. That would mean Bell has the same damage threshold as them which judging by the show (also since we've never seen one of the PPG's die) is probably immeasurably high. It would probably take an insanely massive amount of force to kill one. So I kind of doubt Blossom would have been able to snap Bell's neck. All she could do is temporarily incapacitate her.

There's also emotional reasons too. Bell's an enemy, but Blossom doesn't see her as evil, just misguided. Killing someone who's attacking but not of their own judgement or volition would be no better than killing an innocent. Further Blossom doesn't know all the systems of that bomb, she only cut off what she assumed was the main power supply. She probably wasn't expecting a backup to the backup. Anyhow, it seems that what Gir was plugging the bomb into was an already made system, so it could be that she has neutralized the threat and the tertiary generator is elsewhere and doesn't connect into that specific line, considering Gir saying it didn't work. Also the computer says that the tertiary generator is online in the middle of the page, meaning if it was connected to that line the charge would already be running through and considering that it seems they were probably going to use the charge from the generator as an improvised detonator and the bomb still hasn't gone off it's probably safe to assume that method is out.

Now other methods I can't really say as I don't know the technical aspects of that bomb, only that they had intended to use the generator's energy with it and it's highly possible that the generator is what was going to set it off. So I can't predict if there are other ways to set it off, just that it seems the bomb has been neutralized for now.

Man that was a lot more writing than what I intended to do for this update.
Last edited by strider0075 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 am

Birdofterror wrote:I guess that's true... but it doesn't seem like Blossom DID enough, you know?

If anything, she almost got everyone killed. I mean if Bubbles wasn't there to force open that door and hold it shut, than that giant cluster monster, would have cornered, and killed them. Add that to the fact she fails to stop the bomb, she's not exactly doing well at this.

Birdofterror wrote:She COULD have killed Bell right there. Her foot was on her Neck- and she's a superhero. It doesn't take a lot of strength to finish off a defenseless opponent.

I don't know, would crushing Bells trachea really have solved anything? However, It would be interesting if sparing Bell somehow let to her failure.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 am

Havoc751 wrote:I don't know, would crushing Bells trachea really have solved anything?
Well, I don't know about you- but that would seem mighty satisfying to do against the person who knocked you out, only to subsequently be dragged over to Mandark's lab and be drowned.

But instead, all she does is threaten her 'dog?'

KILL THE BITCH ALREADY! YOU HAD THE CHANCE! What the hell Blossom? Now you destroyed the universe.

Good job.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 am

It is not in Blossom's nature to kill things. The PPG may beat the living hell out of villains, but not once have they actually killed something as far as I know. If one was capable of killing though, it would be Bubbles.... do not let her cute demeanor fool you.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am

Dibullba wrote:It is not in Blossom's nature to kill things. The PPG may beat the living hell out of villains, but not once have they actually killed something as far as I know. If one was capable of killing though, it would be Bubbles.... do not let her cute demeanor fool you.


yea and Buttercup is actually a big ol softy lol, but no seriously Bubbles is definitely the one to look out for when she's on a rampage. It's always the cute and quiet ones that turn out to be the deadliest and most brutal.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:06 am

Birdofterror wrote:
strider0075 wrote:Blossom, herself, probably realizes there's no way she can take out Bell.
She COULD have killed Bell right there. Her foot was on her Neck- and she's a superhero. It doesn't take a lot of strength to finish off a defenseless opponent. She could have done a lot. Instead she decided to blow up a secondary system while egging on that she would kill Gir.


Actually Blossom may NOT be able to kill Bell. Yes, Blossom is a superhero.......but Bell is too and basically the same sort as Blossom. In order for Blossom to Kill Bell, even if she is at her mercy, you have to assume that a Power Puff Person's resistance to damage isn't great enough that they can endure attacks from another Power Puff Person. Given some of the monsters that the PPG fought in thier lives, this actually seems unlikey. It doesn't take much strength to finish off a NORMAL defenseless opponent, but an all but invincible one. I'd say Blossom could press on Bells neck all day without actually being able to kill her. It would probably be like the old "Irresistable force meets the immovable object" thing. In fact the only damage I could think of would occur to Blossom; push down too hard and she might drive her foot through her shoe sole.)

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:It doesn't take much strength to finish off a NORMAL defenseless opponent, but an all but invincible one.
Well let me just remind you exactly what the Powerpuff Girls are.

"The Perfect Little Girls, but with an extra ingredient: Chemical X."

For fair or foul, they are essentially still human. Human+ perhaps, but still human. You don't need to be stronger than someone to kill them when they're defenseless. Bell was VERY defenseless.

But sure, okay, I won't complain that she let her go. She's a superhero after all. I will complain about her harboring almost no animosity toward the fact that that girl underneath her heel was the reason she all but died not even a few years ago. She was COMPLETELY at her mercy, and killing her would save the world.

I'm sorry, but passing up saving the world AND revenge at the same time? That's not just 'not being an anti hero,' that's just not being smart in general.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 pm

nice one BaRd. i really like how you used bait and switch. that rarely comes out well.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 pm

I wonder if they are going to do that trick to trigger the bomb/device I remember from a bunch of the old cartoons that had characters with superpowers that I watched when I was little
Last edited by K13-ZAR on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Okay, the bomb, i don't know what exactly it "does"... BUT! i'm assuming from the sized difference in the bombs and the application, The bomb used on the moon had it's own power source which I base that radius of the bomb is equally weighed by the effectiveness. Thusly when the bomb was constructed, it had a preset radius that supports the effect the bomb produces which is all dependent on the power source. Given the size of the second bomb and how it was applied by gir, the bomb is completely reliant on the power that support the comm base (relay, sorry idk something or another... to lazy to look up what exactly there at. I just assume that it's a very powerful comm relay) and comm station itself provides a amplification of the radius of the bomb but the effect is dependent on the power source... I doubt that back up power has enough punch as the on that was currently powering the comm before blossom smashed the connection.

What I HOPE is that the bomb effect fails due to the lack of sufficient power to which the bomb was only strong enough to create a pretty bright blue aura of shiny shine'ness.

I rambled again... and probably contradicted myself along the way... idk.. to lazy to go back and check...
and i'm sorry for that.

Good day

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I love it when absolutely EVERYONES theories were wrong. 8D

The explosion still happens? Then I predict Blossom and Butter'll swoop in with something. Let's see if that's wrong too.

But yeah, either Bell's gonna go on a cute little rant or she's gonna lunge after her and Blossom'll wish she wasn't so everything nice and heel sliced the bitches head off.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Wow, that angle had us goin'! But seriously, that blast was way too powerful to just destroy that power cord. It should've been alot bigger than that. Blossom don't need all that power charge to destroy the cord that's attached to that... thing lol Plus, I thought she would've been weakened after that.

Bell is pissed off at Blossom. She not gonna change. She won't learn anything from that. That I can understand if I was in her position!

FIGHT!!!

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:It doesn't take much strength to finish off a NORMAL defenseless opponent, but an all but invincible one.
Well let me just remind you exactly what the Powerpuff Girls are.

"The Perfect Little Girls, but with an extra ingredient: Chemical X."

For fair or foul, they are essentially still human. Human+ perhaps, but still human. You don't need to be stronger than someone to kill them when they're defenseless. Bell was VERY defenseless.


No you don't need to be stronger than someone to kill them, but they DO need to be capable of being killed. The girls bodies can survive being smashed into walls have heavy rocks dropped on them, be blowtorched with monster fire breath being dipped in acid etc. and still come out with only superficial damage at most. I'm just not sure a stomp from a girl, even a fellow PPG girl would be enough to snap a PPG's neck. And we've seen them out in space without spacesuits (well sometimes) so I'm not sure you could suffocate one either.

Birdofterror wrote:But sure, okay, I won't complain that she let her go. She's a superhero after all. I will complain about her harboring almost no animosity toward the fact that that girl underneath her heel was the reason she all but died not even a few years ago. She was COMPLETELY at her mercy, and killing her would save the world.

I'm sorry, but passing up saving the world AND revenge at the same time? That's not just 'not being an anti hero,' that's just not being smart in general.


Smart no, but pretty typical "True Hero" behavior. A lot of hero codes seem to be "You don't kill ANYONE no matter what the stakes are, eveyone deserves infinite chances at mercy". We've seen that Blossom sometimes has a problem with not seeing everything as "Black or White" this could be an example of that.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Would just separating it from the main power / back up power really have changed much at all?

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Could have reset the primer for the bomb.

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'm just not sure a stomp from a girl, even a fellow PPG girl would be enough to snap a PPG's neck. And we've seen them out in space without spacesuits (well sometimes) so I'm not sure you could suffocate one either.

I'm pretty sure they could. If a human could do that to another human, then why not a superhuman against another superhuman?

Blood Lord wrote:Could have reset the primer for the bomb.

An introductory book for the bomb? Oh, the tube for the detonator's main charge.

Brandun13 wrote:Would just separating it from the main power / back up power really have changed much at all?

I'm not sure how its possible if Blossom destroyed the power cord, how there's an auxiliary power source there. It's probably somewhere else in the area. Besides, the bomb has to go off. A facility that looks like that looks like it should have an auxiliary power source. A generator elsewhere.
Topic locked