Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:56 am

Image

I find this rather disturbing.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am

I cant believe this either....I dont know if laugh or cry XD

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 am

Hmm, looks like The Red Guy is there too.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:31 pm

I like this page.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:34 pm

I remember the days when I'd find this disturbing...

Actually still right now, but I'm still grinning at this page. I imagine Bleed had fun drawing this.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:56 pm

We have a bunch of little red devils, the Slenderman, the Red-Guy, Pyramid-head, the giant Golem and a worm in a sailor-suit, but what the hell is the dude with a freaky-face wearing a bow-tie?

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

He's from Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm

I love Jeff's face in this page it is the same as my reaction to this page "what the heck is going on?"

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm

For once I get every single refference on this page. 8D

Hey, they are pink! 8D

This is awesomely disturbing. Distrubing that Mimi's pole dancing at her- what did we decide, eighth? birthday party. And awesome with......

Well, everything else in the penultimate panel.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Normally I don't mind (or even get) the pop culture gags, but this one annoys me because it's all wrong.

The whole point of the "Harlem Shake" meme is that it is one person dancing while everyone else either ignoring them or going along in their business, then everyone bursts out into dancing or outright saturnalia.

For the demons to be actively interested in Mimi before the jump ruins the joke. If this were an inversion or a subversion, I'd understand, but here it's FUBAR, like Nancy Pelosi's office's horrible attempt at a rickroll.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:02 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:I love Jeff's face in this page it is the same as my reaction to this page "what the heck is going on?"


He's seriosly shocked. Jeff is after all well Jeff; he doesn't have a dirty bone in his body (well he's a spider so technically he doesn't have any bones of any sort in his body but still.......)

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:This is awesomely disturbing. Distrubing that Mimi's pole dancing at her- what did we decide, eighth? birthday party. And awesome with......

Well, everything else in the penultimate panel.


What makes it even more distubing is the panel before this. The pole dance in and of itself I could dismiss as Mimi not knowing any better (i.e. she's been exposed to so much evil that the pole dancing is basically being done on autopilot, she doesn't know what she is doing). But that first panel of her dancing....there not doubt, she knows what her milkshake does.

BTW (and pardon my ignorance) but is there some anime significance to the worm/lamprey thing. it's just that that color scheme of fuku (turquoise sleeves and skirt, yellow neckerchief) looks oddly familair to me; like I've seen it in some specific anime I can't remember.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh God, I am sooo embarrassed. They said there weren't going to be any cameras there...

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Misery Chord wrote:Normally I don't mind (or even get) the pop culture gags, but this one annoys me because it's all wrong.

The whole point of the "Harlem Shake" meme is that it is one person dancing while everyone else either ignoring them or going along in their business, then everyone bursts out into dancing or outright saturnalia.

For the demons to be actively interested in Mimi before the jump ruins the joke. If this were an inversion or a subversion, I'd understand, but here it's FUBAR, like Nancy Pelosi's office's horrible attempt at a rickroll.

Maybe they don't care because Harlem Shame is dumb?
Despite that, this page turned out well. Dem cameos.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't think them being interested really ruins it.

It's one thing to just be leering at someone, and then suddenly jump up on the podium and join in.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:34 pm

must say i find this disturbing yet amusing(i suppose the disturbing to me is pyramid head and slendy, amusing is mimi knowing how to poledance), not surprised harlem shake is known in hell, and if i remember right the thing with the bowtie is indeed from amnesia, i think it's one of those creatures that drags a sack behind it.(can't recall what the game called them though.)

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

(Damn you edit button and position next to the quote button)
Mon-Kitsune wrote:What makes it even more distubing is the panel before this. The pole dance in and of itself I could dismiss as Mimi not knowing any better (i.e. she's been exposed to so much evil that the pole dancing is basically being done on autopilot, she doesn't know what she is doing). But that first panel of her dancing....there not doubt, she knows what her milkshake does.

I wonder if she is fully aware of her actions, because imho, I think she is. I wonder if Mimi is resorting to these sorts of things as self-inflected punishments for what she's done. I don't know though, she could have been corrupted where she sees no problem with it, or no longer has a sense of right over wrong.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 pm

I'd go with the corrupted thing.

She's had the personal attention of Him for a while now I'd imagine, so little things like pole-dancing are quite likely to be...Well, even before all of that, she seems like someone who would have lived by their own moral code and to hell with anything else.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm

okay so i'm gonna have to be THAT guy for a moment and ask... Why can i see everyone's underwear Except Mimi?

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Any page now Jeff and Mimi will remember this: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=211]

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:I'd go with the corrupted thing.

She's had the personal attention of Him for a while now I'd imagine, so little things like pole-dancing are quite likely to be...Well, even before all of that, she seems like someone who would have lived by their own moral code and to hell with anything else.

I'm not too sure yet which way I lean, because I can see both happening.

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:Why can i see everyone's underwear Except Mimi?

It's her stripper party? I dunno, you get a glimpse but that's about it.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:okay so i'm gonna have to be THAT guy for a moment and ask... Why can i see everyone's underwear Except Mimi?

Subtle sexism.

No wait, actually, It's not. It's cause that'd be blatant pedophilia.

Also, 2nd panel, or did you not count that?

Sum up, it's perfectly fine to see grown male things shaking their money-makers, not to see underage female (or male actually, mainly cause of the underage thing) humanoids in sexual scenarios.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:okay so i'm gonna have to be THAT guy for a moment and ask... Why can i see everyone's underwear Except Mimi?

Subtle sexism.

No wait, actually, It's not. It's cause that'd be blatant pedophilia.

Also, 2nd panel, or did you not count that?

Sum up, it's perfectly fine to see grown male things shaking their money-makers, not to see underage female (or male actually, mainly cause of the underage thing) humanoids in sexual scenarios.

well they're all hours old drawings so no, all of it's pedophilia, second not attracted to Mimi, just having fun. though having her as a daughter or pet or some weird mix between the 2 would be the best thing ever.

EDIT: thought the second panal was the back end of her outfit myself

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm

What?

You're not involved here.

I don't know, some of my message got messed up there. Don't care.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Whelp...Male strippers, just as promised.
Blossom's probably rolling in her grave, right about now.

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Hell (03/22/2013)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Whelp...Male strippers, just as promised.
Blossom's probably rolling in her grave, right about now.

lol, well heaven is confirmed in GT, right? so Blossom is probably loosing her shit right now.
Topic locked