New Grim Tales Page - "Trouble thy name is M" (11/08/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales Page - "Trouble thy name is M" (11/08/14)

Postby shamanking1991 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow Junior avoids trouble and still gets screwed over. Thanks NEK!!
Rage Never Dies. Just look at the forums.

Re: New Grim Tales Page - "Trouble thy name is M" (11/08/14)

Postby Sigmas » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Huh. How 'bout that? We didn't waste ten pages dealing with pointless banter before moving forward this time around.

Well, while I'm skeptical, I'm willing to see where this leads.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Oh boy, this'll be fun. I have my doubts, but maybe we'll finally see a little story progression? Then get back to 20 more loli fanservice pictures.
Just Rockin

Postby Higurashi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Two updates within a week, one of which actually made literary sense?
Possibilities are:
1. That the site mods are pushing Bleed into moving the comic along.
1a-They got a call from the government regarding the little girls thing.
1b-They're losing money due to drop in site attendance due to shitty comic updates.
2. Bleed finally got some common sense. (Highly unlikely.)
2a. He or someone else in control of the comic read the forum posts. (Even more unlikely.)
2b. He got over the little girls. (Most unlikely of all.)
3. Someone attatched a mind control squid to Bleed's head.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Or he could just still be doing whatever the fuck he wants and just felt like doing two pages of GT because he was in the mood for it. Even if this page isn't too bad, it's just lucky is all. But even this page isn't anything to gawk at.
Just Rockin

Postby Sigmas » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Uhh, he did say that he would be putting out two pages this week, yes? What is it that is so surprising? That he kept his word, or that the pages aren't as shitty as expected?

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kenny Uroboros » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:22 pm

THE SKY IS FALLING, PIGS ARE FLYING, MILEY CYRUS ACTUALLY LEARNED TO SING AND DANCE. And two pages less than a week, Oh god no! thats a profecy of the apocalypse

Mmmm, where is this going? Is the Status Quo actually going to change? Also, i don't really like seeing Minnie angry, it feels kinda... wrong

Higurashi wrote:3. Someone attatched a mind control squid to Bleed's head.

That one might be the most likely of them all
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle
Bloody coupled up people always bragging about their sex life.
Spicy Latino

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:23 am

But, seriously, shouldn't we just be glad that this panel doesn't suck. It seems to me that we've been so focused on how poor a job we think Bleed has done recently that we've almost become incapable of enjoying it when he does a slightly less crappy job, because we don't think it will last. As Spider Robinson said "Cynicism may be a perfectly logical way to approach life, but who wants to live with that much logic?" (or something like that).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:21 am

Sigment wrote:Uhh, he did say that he would be putting out two pages this week, yes? What is it that is so surprising? That he kept his word, or that the pages aren't as shitty as expected?

Yes, I know he said that, because he felt like doing two pages this week. It's a little surprising he kept his word, and even more so that these pages aren't shitty as expected given his track record as of late, so yeah, I'm surprised these are not as shitty as the last few pages.
Just Rockin

Postby Keiken » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 am

Well, apocaliptic prophecies aside, I really liked how fluid the plot went this time, Minnie is becoming more and more like her mother in a spooky rate. Mandy is already packing her luggage and something says me that she is going to put Jr. in a situation that empowers Minnie while she and Grim are out, and finally remind Jr. what gender wears the pants in this family.

We already can see that Mandy is trying to make Minnie more and more like her, possibly because she sees her as a competent succesor. But that makes me wonder, what about Jr.? What does Mandy thinks about his future? Does she only expects him to be as "spineless" as his father, and so he must remind submissive the rest of his existense? Why if she has already had words with Minnie about domination above others, and such stuff, she hasn't teached anything of the same nature to Jr. yet? Does she even feels responsible as a mother for him?... Well, just some stuff I have been thinking lately. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

ULTRADJ wrote:Oh boy, this'll be fun. I have my doubts, but maybe we'll finally see a little story progression? Then get back to 20 more loli fanservice pictures.

And why not both? : P
Haha I'm actually missing those silly moments like Dark Danny's pervert face over Mandy's fanservice

Postby Havoc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:28 am

All and all, not a bad page. I have to wonder what they're will be discussing. I think most likely the will be talking about Mandy leaving and Jr and Minnie watching over the castle. Another thought that comes to mind, is something about Mimi. There is one other thing that comes to mind, is that Mandy wants the two of them to fight, however I don't find this too likely, the only reason I say this is because 1) We were promised a fight between Jr and Minnie, and 2) it sorta seems like something Mandy would do. But can't really find anything else to support this idea.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Higurashi wrote:Two updates within a week, one of which actually made literary sense?

Updates are slow, people bitch.

Updates are fast, and people are bitching about it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kenny Uroboros » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Higurashi wrote:Two updates within a week, one of which actually made literary sense?

Updates are slow, people bitch.

Updates are fast, and people are bitching about it.

We are not bitching, we are rightfully surprised.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle
Bloody coupled up people always bragging about their sex life.
Spicy Latino

Postby AkumaKami64 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:17 pm

I really should have seen that coming, Minnie being in with Mandy when Junior was trying to avoid the former. He's lately been getting an oddly anime-like of bad luck.

Nice to meet you all! I'm AkumaKami64, GT fan and apparently one of the only main GT Fanfiction writers on Fanfiction Net. I've been reading this comic for.........I think two years now? When did Bleedmen come back to it after a long break? Cause a friend introduced me to this not too long before new updates started and Chi was introduced, to many reader's displeasure.

And speaking of my work? It has been increasing hard for me to get inside Minnie's head. I use to be able to get inside Minnie's head easily for my stories, speech pattern excluded, but she has been changing ever since Mimi arrived. Jealousy is an ugly thing and all that. I can't help wondering if she's really changing or putting up an act to try and get it through Junior's skull that she doesn't want Mimi here.

As for Mandy's potential scheming regarding her kids, specifically Junior? Well, there's two main possibilities I can think of: She wants to see if Junior really does have a spine or she wants to push Minnie into being even more like her. Because I'm sure she realizes the Mimi factor will cause a conflict between them while she's away.

PS It took me a good while to tell that Minnie was sitting in a chair and Mandy's bed had a headboard of the same design. The two blend together a bit, making it seem like they're one thing at first glance.
Fanfiction is the honor of working with stories and characters you love, and the joy of making your own version of them. Or, in some cases, fixing all the mistakes of the original authors.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Greetings new member! Welcome to Snafu! I'd like you to read the rules for this site and it's also a good idea to check out the Bleedman forum rules just to see what's what with the comics. Enjoy your stay here!
Just Rockin

Postby Bad Dragon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:49 pm

This page intrigued me, which is more than I could say for some of the former ones. I look forward to seeing what they will be discussing (and hopefully holding off on fanservice for a few pages at least).
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

IM SO FUCKING HIGH RIGHT NOW

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm sure everyone else noticed this ages ago but when Minnie went "dark", her forelock switched sides. Up till now it tended to cover her "dead" (missing) eye. Ever since she put on the costume it's now covering her "living" (present) eye. So she now looks at the world more through the dead side.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby silvercover » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:17 pm

gasp, could this be... plot progression?

is this real life...?

bleed must have lost, or maybe used up, all the fanservice stuff he wanted to do and is now ready to push the story forward.
Romance Expert

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Lets see... Mandy's going to talk about her and Grim leaving for a while to have a meeting with the counsel. I'm sure she'll brief them on what they only need to know and to keep a eye out for anything suspicious. On a side note i have the feeling she might also want whatever is going on between Jr and Minnie to be resolved, so possibly a duel is brewing.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm just going to say, we really need more Nergal/Junior banter like this. I don't know why I like it so much, but just the combination of the two conversing is some of my favorite things to read in this comic. I especially like the callback to the confrontation between the Nergal half of Junior and Mandy that happened...Jesus, it was seriously two and a half years ago since that confrontation? Just...kinda puts it in perspective.

All in all, not a bad page. Gonna be interesting to see just what Mandy has to say, since she's pretty much made it clear Minnie is the one she wants to take control of Castle Grimskull. And now that she's going away to the Council, this seems like the perfect time to give her a "trial run"

Postby Sigmas » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm

That may actually be the topic of their imminent conversation. I'm a bit eager to see if you're right, Fan.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AkumaKami64 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Also, in regards to what I said about Junior's luck? I'm just going to call it here and now with this: Mimi is going to walk into the room in only a towel. Maybe to find Junior for clothes, a muffin, or something else. I'm just going say that now before anyone else does. Mandy will be either unreactive or just annoyed that Mimi's getting her floor wet, and Minnie......well, :evil:

In potential relation to that, what's that suppose to be behind the tea kettle? Biscuits? Or just a lid to a bowel?
Fanfiction is the honor of working with stories and characters you love, and the joy of making your own version of them. Or, in some cases, fixing all the mistakes of the original authors.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 am

Definitely not a lid to a "bowel" (as hardcore as she is, I doubt either of them are in the habit of eating entrails g>) My money is on some sort of scones or biscuits (if you are going by the British tradition where biscuits are way we would call cookies; they don't look puffy enough to be what we call buscuits) Alternatively if those things on the sides are pleats on the side of one big pastry rather than the edges of multiple pastries, it looks a little like one of those oversized versions of a mooncake or a melon pan.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 am

Fan_the_Flames wrote:I'm just going to say, we really need more Nergal/Junior banter like this. I don't know why I like it so much, but just the combination of the two conversing is some of my favorite things to read in this comic. I especially like the callback to the confrontation between the Nergal half of Junior and Mandy that happened...Jesus, it was seriously two and a half years ago since that confrontation? Just...kinda puts it in perspective.

All in all, not a bad page. Gonna be interesting to see just what Mandy has to say, since she's pretty much made it clear Minnie is the one she wants to take control of Castle Grimskull. And now that she's going away to the Council, this seems like the perfect time to give her a "trial run"

Sigment wrote:That may actually be the topic of their imminent conversation. I'm a bit eager to see if you're right, Fan.

Well the probability of this happening is rather reasonably accurate, so is the possibility of a fight between Jr and Minnie regarding either Mimi or their personal reasons or both, in which Chi would enter the fray to "save" Mimi from harm. That's as far as my theory goes anyhow although i doubt the last portion would come true .
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Keiken » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Certainly, I would love to watch a duel between those two.

Fan_the_Flames wrote:I'm just going to say, we really need more Nergal/Junior banter like this. I don't know why I like it so much, but just the combination of the two conversing is some of my favorite things to read in this comic.

I find it interesting that the nergaling is already a character of its own, and doesn't even have a name... Guess IT just don't need it.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)