Does anyone care about Marvel's Summer 2015?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Does anyone care about Marvel's Summer 2015?

Postby HowardFalcone » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:35 am

Just curious as to whether people actually care about Marvel's plans for the Secret Wars/Battleworld thing Marvel has been teasing for next summer. Personally I'm interested in some of the stuff they're putting out during the course of it (Civil War, Years of Future Past etc.) but apart from a couple of those things I don't really care. I'm suffering a lot from 'event fatigue' lately and I just can't motivate myself to get excited about this.

So how do other people feel about it? Are you excited for this, or are you bored of it already? Are Marvel really trying to do something big and amazing or is it a simple money-grab?
The complete Marvel reading order - http://cmro.travis-starnes.com

Re: Does anyone care about Marvel's Summer 2015?

Postby Glacial Expanse » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:48 am

What I'm REALLY interested in is "Everything Ends".
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Mr.X » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:38 am

As of right now I'm not overly excited as if I can't wait, but I do think it will be interesting and a good experience.

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Ultimately what all of Secret Wars is the big epic finale of Johnathan Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run. Has anyone here read those books or does the comic guy need to explain the stuff going on that leads up to the event?

Anyway as a fan of Hickman I'm amped up for it. I need something to wash the bad taste of AXIS (an a event I absolutely hate but love the writers other works) out of my mouth.

Postby Gentlemuffin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Me thinks they're trying to match DC's New 52, but that's just me speculating.

I'm more of a fan of the older stuff than the new, so I have so far no idea what's going on now with Marvel.
Still New

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Gentlemuffin wrote:Me thinks they're trying to match DC's New 52, but that's just me speculating

It won't be. They'be tried before & failed & given how The New 52 is a mess there's no real sign in rebooting the Marvel universe. Plus we'll lose all the beloved new Legacy heroes.

I'm more of a fan of the older stuff than the new, so I have so far no idea what's going on now with Marvel.

In the pages of Hickman's New Avengers a cataclysmic event called the Incursions are destroying alternate worlds (what caused the event is still unknown) & The Illuminati (A shadow group consisting of Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man, Black Bolt, Beast (replacing the recently deceased Prof. X), Namor, Doctor Strange, & recently joined member Black Panther) are forced to devise a way to save their Earth by destroying the colliding one (They were lucky the first few times by either habanstants or The world was already dead but when it came time to destroy an actual Earth none of them (save for Namor) could do it. All of that is leading up to Secret Wars.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)