The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Sausage lovers pizza to be precise. But enough of this comedy! For me there is but one pizza! The Hawaiian Meatless!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm

So that's like what... Just cheese and pinapple?

Tenshi Nova wrote:Nigel Star was indeed a big one. I'm not sure if I'll ever top him. The school girl with her kitty was a nice one imo, but it was somehow too strange. Not sure why.

You won't. It'll be that avatar of yours that you will always be measured up to.

I desperately want to go insane or have some other justifiable excuse to use those avatars I showed you. Perhaps for October...

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Blood Lord wrote:So that's like what... Just cheese and pineapple?
...yes. It is literally the only pizza I have ever tasted.

For some reason I feel that the people here become defined by their avatars and when you have a memorable one for so long and then suddenly try to change it, you find it is impossible to out do the original. As if the original image best describes you and everything else is just a passing phase. For example, the House avatar you used, I feel, was the one people remember most. I often tried to imagine him in his roles from Black Adder to reduce the effectiveness but was unsuccessful.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:39 pm

That's an... interesting pizza choice. I wouldn't eat it willingly, but why do you?

Sometimes, yes on the Avatar business. Sometimes you will have people who keep theirs for a long time and its hard to shake it off. But other times you get an avatar that fits you perfectly in your personality and how you act. I can't really escape the House looking bored avatar or this avatar of Arthas that I had sometime after I first joined.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Every Friday I eat a cheese and pineapple pizza, regardless of occasion or location. And even before that it was the only pizza I would eat because... I was a very strange child. And now it is not that I love it so much (and I do) that I will not accept any other topping, but rather that in my mind it is MY pizza and I can not forsake years of tradition (compulsion), even for a better tasting pizza.

About the avatar, I tried changing it for a week but it just was not as likable (probably the lack of the colour red) and so I changed back. I have considered drawing myself a more personal avatar like Brother Orin but it is finding time and the drive to do so.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm

So...I'm forever going to be seen as Nigel Star in the eyes of those that have once seen his glory. I'm okay with that.

And my reaction to your mention of October...

Oh My God, forgive me for sounding like a giddy teenage girl...but I FUCKING LOVE HALLOWEEN! The themes, the stories, pretty much everything. I like specific details on many other things, that Halloween just brings together. From its history til the way it's celebrated in any culture, even the really twisted practices I find fascinating, would never do many of the things, but learning about them doesn't hurt. Favorite childhood movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. On FaceBook, when I was temp admin for a tsundere page(forgot if it was heard you like tsunderes, or look out we got a tsundere over here, something along those lines.), it was there someone commented on GT, I tried to add him so I could thank him for introducing me, but he declined it T.T It really wasn't hard for me to get absorbed by it, since Halloween Town and the FUCKING THEME SONG, dragged me in immediately. Wow, I let this go far. In shot though, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!#EW234R$ I'm going to retrain myself now.   
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 pm

I change my avatar every now and then. There are probably a couple that I've used that fit me decently well, but I don't like to use the same thing for long. Gotta keep things fresh.
Offended.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 pm

No Tenshi I think white square could become very memorable. I am actually jealous. That is exactly what I was going for with my avatar but I could not make Mimi leave.

I just started re watching Soul eater and I think that Crona would represent me perfectly but I do not have a picture of it to use.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Mostly for Ari, my avatar used to be a circular loading bar that would go around and around for a while. Then once the Titles came out, I made it an arrow pointing up. People didn't seem to get I was actually making the arrow point up at my title, which I changed every once and a while to something witty. Once I went into a thread and someone said they didn't "get" it, I switched it to a sideways arrow, as in to point to what I'm saying.

I've been thinking of using an actual avatar for a while, but nothing calls to me. I'll stick with this arrow for a while longer.

Also Fievel, your Avatar is REALLY familiar looking, but I can't put my finger on it...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Fievel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 pm

It's from Super Milk Chan, which I decided to watch again recently.
Offended.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Right! I used to watch a bit of that until... something happened to it. I want to say "Adult Swim" happened, but I'm not sure about that.

Ah well, it was well animated enough, but I only recall ever watching like two episodes.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 pm

The way I pick an avatar is, I think of a game or anime I like, and pick a character from said game/anime. Pretty basic. My first avatar was Delsus, from Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. I chose Bleach this time around, however I'm not so sure this avatar fits me. I might pick a different one here soon.

Birdofterror wrote:Mostly for Ari, my avatar used to be a circular loading bar that would go around and around for a while. Then once the Titles came out, I made it an arrow pointing up. People didn't seem to get I was actually making the arrow point up at my title, which I changed every once and a while to something witty. Once I went into a thread and someone said they didn't "get" it, I switched it to a sideways arrow, as in to point to what I'm saying.

I've been thinking of using an actual avatar for a while, but nothing calls to me. I'll stick with this arrow for a while longer.

I've always wondered why you chose an arrow for an avatar. Now I know.

ari-6 wrote:I just started re watching Soul eater and I think that Crona would represent me perfectly but I do not have a picture of it to use.

I'm sure you could find one.

Tenshi Nova wrote:So...I'm forever going to be seen as Nigel Star in the eyes of those that have once seen his glory. I'm okay with that.

You could say you've gained a "smashing" reputation. But yes, I too will always remember you by that one avatar. Has there been any avatar that I chose that stuck with everyone here?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Were you not the person with the Lelouch avatar?

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes I was. But that wasn't my first avatar.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Honestly, I forget your avatar when you change it, same goes for many others :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Maybe the next avatar you use should be Jonny Yong Bosch or the black power ranger.

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Not really my thing. So far I've considered God Hand, Soul Eater, Cowboy Bebop, Another Deadman Wonderland, Fullmetal Alchemist, or One Piece.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Personal choice, One Piece. Opinion on your choice, FMA. Going for something widely accepted, Cowboy Bebop.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 pm

What, no Black Lagoon?

I would be offended here.

Postby Hiroko » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 pm

On the avatar discussion, I have so far stuck to using art of my characters. I think I've only changed my avatar three times now--and one of them was just a "sparklified" version of this current one, created by Alo.

I've also stuck to only one of my characters so far, at that. I feel like it might be a drastic change if I switched to art of another character. XD
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 pm

I would honestly think you were a new member if I say you with a different avatar.

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 pm

So Hiroko, have you given any thought as to what your new avatar would be?
As for me, I'm gonna think about it a bit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am

@Blood Lord: I think a lot of people would, too. XD

@Havoc: I've thought about it a lot, actually. I have some avatars set up and stored away in my deviantART scraps for a while now to use in the future, but I dunno, I've always hesitated about actually choosing and using one. So I end up using those prepared avatars on my Skype instead, whenever I'm bored.
The Sentimental One

Postby Exodis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 am

I've had a lot of Avatars. And, honestly, I like my current one, many because of my new love for QOTSA and their new album.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Sigment » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 am

When I started here, I had an Armored Core avatar. Not sure how many people know what that is.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)