The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Oh, of course not. After all, people did this well before Gold Title was even a thing, myself included.

Some even continue to do it, like reporting bots and "voting" in the threads that come up.

Which by the way, there's a bot in Snafu-Gaming that for some reason I can't report. Is it glitched or something?
Last edited by Birdofterror on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Gentlemuffin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Perhaps its just a way to get folks to be more motivated in helping. Mods are somewhat more personally obligated to help out than regular members. So the Gold Title is probably a boner badge or something similar.

I don't know. I'm just new so just speculating.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Well as they've said before, the Gold still isn't even solidified yet, it doesn't have a unified goal yet.

Yet if it truly was to "motivate" people into helping, why berate them for helping? Their arguments are... hard to understand at best.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:21 pm

I think the implication here is that he's exclusively talking about you while at the same time making an example out of your case for any other members who may think like you.
Birdofterror wrote:Ideas are nice, but I'm the kind of person who actually tests the ideas to see if they work. After all, all of these "well thought out and creative" ideas were ALL broken.
I don't understand, what you're saying is that you are 'different' and thus your behavior is justified? Or what is the point of that, what's the message? I don't think people care about what kind of person you are as much as people do about your actual actions. Also i don't know where this conversation is going in terms of objective, you're not going to get any sort of recognition given that lately all you do is being sour about it towards golds and mods and acting like a generally unlikable person, and you keep underlining just how much you 'don't know' anything and how much of a big deal you think you are by saying complete bullshit facts like "all these creative ideas were broken". As in, you're telling us, people who actually worked shit out as a team, that all of the work we did was 'broken' and that it was your asinine behavior which actually helped fix shit even though you were not directly involved in any of them and didn't even realize the existence of most, since you were OH SO BUSY sorting out all of the shit here? Do you even know what exactly we've done, or are you talking about purely tangible and observable changes by you? Who are you? Or more precisely, who do you think you are? Because i'm starting to think you think of yourself as an asset, or as someone special or trascendental to this place, do you think this of yourself dude?
Birdofterror wrote:Not to mention at the time of the renovation, a good and well thought out idea was to have Zoul and Mir@k's picture up on the main part of the forum. Uh huh. When the site was freshly renovated, text, quoted text, links and smiley faces were all shot- so I went and tested them and reported them to Zoul. Burn me, I'm a witch.
The more i read, the more and more this sounds like

Image

to me, which is sad. Ok, disregarding the obvious fit of blatant jealousy, do you think you were the only person in the entire forum who thought of "testing" features and/or reporting them? By the time your silly ass reports came in three threads have been done in the gold forum regarding the issue, why does your writing always return to "I am the sole responsible for taking care of shit", i thought you had already understood that you only thought you did a lot of stuff because you just could not see what others were doing. :I

Also do you even know why were our pictures up there? What we did to have them (jokingly) placed there? That's the pettiest argument i've seen you throw around so far. Answer this question, what were we doing at the time our pictures were next to the banner (which, btw, was partially the reason ourpics were there). You should know this, since at the time the gold forum was open for everyone to see (not post), so surely you remember? If you don't, why OH WHY won't you do us all the honor of shutting your massive mouth?
Birdofterror wrote:I also remembered that the main reason we did this renovation was to protect against bots so I created (then promptly abandoned) another account to see how easy it would be to get back in. That's all it was, nothing to throw a fit over. Sure, the second account was probably not needed to test as that was probably the most worked on portion of the renovation, but I felt compelled to probe it for weaknesses. Does that make me a bad person?
Well yes, it does. The road to hell is paved with the best intentions. When people talk about their big fuckups, they usually try to paint them in a more innocent light. I don't think if you think it was "nothing to throw a fit over" or not is relevant to the people who actually decide that in the end, and the general consensus around that time was that it WAS something to throw a fit over after all. I thought you were very apologetic back then, what happened?
Birdofterror wrote:A good enough point as any, but you're assuming the people who are trying to help are all completely retarded.
Now that i've read it over i should inform you he's talking exclusively about you. I hope no member ever strives to be like you, at least not like the psychotic bullshitter part of you, the do-good part is ok.
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Your entire post is broken. Not to mention it's all mindless babbling.

Can you please just for once... make a decent post? Please? If not for me, then for the people watching?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:27 pm

My post is pretty ok (in fact most if not all of my posts are pretty legible, general opinion not mine), it's the content you don't like but i understand.
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Actually, I didn't read it because it was obvious from the crying picture and the walls of unedited text that you didn't put "any" work into it.

Now that it's fixed, I can respond, if you want. :?

If not, that's okay.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

You don't have to respond, nothing you say means anything. My post was purely informative, is not displaying personal opinions or anything, i think by this point all we're trying to do is explain to you why it's only you who's never going to get recognized over very simple and basic reasons you seem incapable to understand because anyone who dishes them out in a way that hurts you is just "babblin". Your perception doesn't change reality though, and as long as i know everyone's perception is aligned with mine, i'm fine. Trying to help you align yours, so take it or leave it, is all the same.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

The things I say would mean a lot more if you weren't so hell bent on ignoring every single point I've ever made. Your post is NOT informative, it's a bunch of pissy babbling rounded off with a perfect expression of yourself in the middle of it. It is all personal opinions, especially when it came to the road to hell. Well sure, let me humor your 'logic' for a half of a second and provide a rebuttal:

You aren't one to judge whether or not it was a bad choice or not anyway, especially not that it was almost an entire year ago- and you're not a mod or an admin or in any place to judge at all. Also, you keep assuming that everything I was doing was for Gold. Did it ever occur to you once in your trains of incoherent thought that Maybe I wanted to help the site I spent YEARS of my life on? At all? Ever? Once? Never?

What about your fake and misguided "help?" Poking someone with a stick over and over and laughing at them when they tell you to "stop" isn't help you fucking idiot. But, I'd be lying if I said you have never helped me. You shared a lot of this site's history with me, you helped me with RPG maker- then you stopped. Roughly at the same time I got banned. Then you simply refused to hear anything I said anymore. At one time, I thought we were actually friends. Did you know that?

Would it kill you to maybe just roll with me for one sentence? Maybe stop trying to find several flaws in everything I say? Even if there are no flaws in it? Even if you have to "make things up" to make me look bad? Even a broken clock is right twice a day, you know.

You know, this is KILLING this thread. Maybe we should just drop this? I'll call a truce if you want. If you really want to continue this, let's at least take it into PM's.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm

A chill pill's in order nigga.
Birdofterror wrote:The things I say would mean a lot more if you weren't so hell bent on ignoring every single point I've ever made. Your post is NOT informative, it's a bunch of pissy babbling rounded off with a perfect expression of yourself in the middle of it. It is all personal opinions, especially when it came to the road to hell.
Oh good, you caught up with my sarcasm, i thought you'd take longer. Also despite me constantly telling you to fuck off, i do read, i do absorb the bullshit you write. I do act like an asshole and a stupid idiot, but there is a very good reason why i WAS a mod and why i AM gold, despite everything. There is!
Birdofterror wrote:You aren't one to judge whether or not it was a bad choice or not anyway, especially not that it was almost an entire year ago- and you're not a mod or an admin or in any place to judge at all.
I think one of the things you keep having a beef with me about is that you get kinda angry when you notice people listen to what i have to say even though i'm not a moderator. People do that because, despite not having the title, i was a very good one and thus have all the virtues and capabilities a member expected to be a mod has. Never have i tried to call my fuckup for having being demodded anything other than the fuckup it was, but people are very aware i am still a very good asset to this site because i have demonstrated so with a lot more dedication, effort, sweat and fucking TEARS than ANYTHING you've ever done for this site or ever will do, and when i open my god damn mouth in the middle of the meeting room, people know the words that are about to come out of it are worth listening to. THAT is why my opinion matters and why i have a voice, THAT is why i get to vote on if it's a bad choice or not.

And anyway, mine is a voice, but not that big a voice, i also suggest stupid shit and have bad ideas that people won't listen to, and i'm very fine with that, i'm way past the age i thought i was perfect in my train of thought.
Birdofterror wrote:Also, you keep assuming that everything I was doing was for Gold. Did it ever occur to you once in your trains of incoherent thought that Maybe I wanted to help the site I spent YEARS of my life on? At all? Ever? Once? Never?
I actually don't think everything you did was for gold but i do love to cause a reaction on people, have you noticed i've been constantly saying there's a good part in you in a lot of posts i direct at your unworthy ass? If i thought all you did came from a feeling of interest i would really ignore ALL of your foe'd posts, wouldn't even take the time to select the ones i do to read. This is no privilegue or anything, just metnioning my MO.
Birdofterror wrote:What about your fake and misguided "help?" Poking someone with a stick over and over and laughing at them when they tell you to "stop" isn't help you fucking idiot. But, I'd be lying if I said you have never helped me. You shared a lot of this site's history with me, you helped me with RPG maker- then you stopped. Roughly at the same time I got banned. Then you simply refused to hear anything I said anymore. At one time, I thought we were actually friends. Did you know that?
I don't really give an actual care about you thinking we were buddies when i don't ever recall you being friendly with me, just nosy. I played along because you showed an interest in helping the site out, and i felt that, but then you slowly went insane, starting with the ban and then with your ideas that were turning more and more radical (in other words you stopped being a person i felt comfortable to speak to, you freaky person) And i do help lots of people the right way, i only pull out the stick when i think the cause is lost, AND YOU SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED ME BACK THEN with your actions, it all felt like a slap in the face by the way, THAT is why i stopped talking to you. I don't care if you judge me for it but i do think it's a very good reason to be antagonistic against you, specially in those stages of yours where apparently nothing anyone says is important except what comes out of your head.
Birdofterror wrote:Would it kill you to maybe just roll with me for one sentence? Maybe stop trying to find several flaws in everything I say? Even if there are no flaws in it? Even if you have to "make things up" to make me look bad? Even a broken clock is right twice a day, you know.
I do that almost every day, your dramatic complex has nothing to do with the way i speak.

Also, we're not flame warring here, i'm pretty calm down and i like to clear things up with people in a civil way, which is what we're doing, no reason to take this to PM's unless you're going to pull a flame of the north star and go apeshit but i don't think you're the type to do exactly that
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

By the way i edited the post, read it over plz sorry to second post just want the notification to pop up on birtod before he posts
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Ha, no, that's fine. This last post from yours seems a lot more genuine than I usually see. I won't bother quoting, that will take up too much space.

Look, I know you were a mod. Probably a damn good one too! But if you permit me a little bit of personal time, didn't you get demodded for the same reason I got banned? Bad-Mouthing your uppers? I'm sure Dave is/was the biggest douche in the universe, so I don't think any less of you. In fact it's one of the main reasons I liked you, Mirak.

I have no intention of starting a flame war. I just... get really bent out of shape when people take what I intended to be help and see it as detrimental. I really did try, you know. While I didn't "directly" fix the problems I reported, I did point them out. The Smileys most of all, which were unsorted and had only 1 page, so it was a single line of smilies that actually stretched the entire screen and couldn't even fit all of them on the same page. :unsure:

I just don't understand how all of this amounts to me being... I don't know- a bad person? Maybe I'm blind like that.

Also, I saw the edit. At least part of it, the part about me going radical. Well, when you get banned for attempting to help people, the entire world can seem out to get you. I was afraid I was going to be permabanned for what I thought and still think of as: Attempting to help the forum. Skipping the middle parts when I unloaded on Marquise De'Soth of course. I dunno man, I was scared that I wouldn't be able to come back.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Q.U. wrote:If a user's idea of helping check the bot filtration on user registration system is by making a second account and later getting in trouble for it then yes, they don't get to sit in the room with people who have legitimately good and well-thought out ideas on how to improve the site. Being eager is good, but in order to come up with something good it takes a lot of thought and work.
How can I make this more clear to you?
Well you can start off by not talking down to me like I'm stupid.

Well. When someone does break a forum rule to test something they don't need to test or were asked to test in the first place, then yeah. That does make you somewhat stupid.

Birdofterror wrote:Oh, of course not. After all, people did this well before Gold Title was even a thing, myself included.

Some even continue to do it, like reporting bots and "voting" in the threads that come up.

No. Gentlemuffin is right. You are looking at it as a reward for reporting and things like that. But Gold is for those that have done something else beside the standard call of duty.

Birdofterror wrote:the Gold still isn't even solidified yet, it doesn't have a unified goal yet.

It has a unified goal. The execution and construction of it is still being developed. For example (politics aside), the government of the United States would be continually examined, built, and modified as the years went on. It wasn't perfect at the signing of the Consitution, or the Bill of Rights. Thus as it goes in its state it will be modified and changed to meet the new circumstances without sacrificing its core goal.

Gold and the forums are going to continue to be examined, modified, updated, and developed to ensure that it can meet its goal it better ways and keep up with the times. The Goal is simple, provide a excellent experience for the user.

Birdofterror wrote:Your entire post is broken. Not to mention it's all mindless babbling.

Can you please just for once... make a decent post? Please? If not for me, then for the people watching?

Birdofterror wrote:Yet if it truly was to "motivate" people into helping, why berate them for helping? Their arguments are... hard to understand at best.

These off-handed comments are what is killing you the most. You make these comments and degrade your opponent, not what they are saying and then you wonder why people don't take you seriously. The sooner you stop things like this the better conversations will go.

Birdofterror wrote:You know, this is KILLING this thread. Maybe we should just drop this? I'll call a truce if you want. If you really want to continue this, let's at least take it into PM's.

No. By all means keep going. There isn't a problem yet.

This is interesting and fascinating, although I really want to cut to the end and find out why/where you got your misinterpretation remarks about everything from. But I was always discouraged to cut to the end of a good book like that. I am reading what is being written, but I was gone during most of these times and many people here were as well. If there is frustration over this (the Gold thing) it needs to be properly explained to see if there is any value to it where modifications can be further made, or just correction can be given to explain what the true intent was and where the possible faults are.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:48 pm

The dust is settled and it seems like you're trying to kick it up again while completely ignoring the end result. :roll:

I think I'll leave everything else to interpretation. If you want to have a go at me as well, let's take it into PMs.

As for Gentlemuffin, we both agreed on the same thing. As for the "of course not," I was referring to people helping regardless of not being gold. As in "of course people don't need gold to help."

I don't know what you're trying to say there.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:54 pm

It read to me like you were correcting him.

Regardless, you can keep going if you want. If I wanted to kick something up, there are better places to do it. Like with that Walrus fellow. Fascinating individual. However, I'm not seeking to stir the pot, only here to learn more about the ingredients.

Because I'm serious about the last paragraph and I don't want it taken to PMs because I want to see if others feel the same way or if a different viewpoint comes across that the two parties didn't consider. Great things can happen in groups.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh, well in that case I can shed a little bit of light.

I'm pretty sure- as are other people, that I'm the only one that feels this strongly about this subject. I doubt that making the protests public with yield any results for two major reasons. One of them being that- I doubt they think the same way as I do, because I was the subject of a Ban as soon as gold came out so it left a VERY sour taste in my mouth- another being that this entire fiasco starting with De-Soth and ending with this led me to essentially becoming a pariah. A mixture of anger at what I thought was a faulty ban and fear that I may never be allowed to come back led to some of the worst decisions I've ever made on the internet.

If there are any lessons to be learned here; it's to never emulate me. And that's the gospel truth.

(Also I noticed that bot is now gone. Is there any reason I couldn't report it? It said I already did... but I know for a fact that I didn't.)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Why were you banned? I can see moderator logs and notes about your profile, but its just the things the modes left behind and the actions taken, not the reasons.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:06 pm

It's mostly up to interpretation, so I'll keep it as neutral as possible on my outlook.

A while ago near the end of the lockdown I created a thread stating that the pony thread was so large that it could essentially get its own part of the forum. Small, pointless, tertiary and ultimately; now that I look at it, useless.

It went on for a while, people misconstrued what the thread was about, Warbear moved it to the Bleed Section then Marquis locked it because "There was already a pony thread in the Bleed Section."

Then, being Birdofterror, I proceeded to make a series of incredibly large mistakes, from telling Marquis to fuck off to telling BR that he made a mistake in making him a moderator. In fact, now that I think about it that's about the time I snapped and kind of spoke insane gibberish to Mir@k as well. I'll argue that's when he marked me as an enemy.

Got a temporary ban then I got a special title made JUST FOR ME called "Probated" where instead of it saying "Snafu Gold" for example, it said in Gray letters "Don't do what I do." Hell, regardless of me still having the title or not I'll still pass its message along. Don't do what I do.

I was certain my time here was limited. Yet here I stay. Very little chance of ever redeeming myself so I've accepted that I'm a punching bag now- but I'll be damned before people say I wasn't trying to help. I just hated Desoth, because from where I was standing he was essentially saying I "wasn't" trying to help. Hell, I even made a big apology at the end. Didn't help much.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Q.U. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Got a temporary ban then I got a special title made JUST FOR ME called "Probated" where instead of it saying "Snafu Gold" for example, it said in Gray letters "Don't do what I do." Hell, regardless of me still having the title or not I'll still pass its message along. Don't do what I do.

You were not the first person put in the probation group.
The probation group was not made for you.

You're misinterpreting things. Your actions came in a time when we were considering alternatives to Bans. We only had warnings and Bans back then to use as punishment, and we felt something in between would be useful. Then your situation prompted us to finalise that concept. You got probated because we DIDN'T want to ban you. Because we felt like giving you another chance and not pushing you all the way. So if you think we came up with that especially to piss you off and make you suffer, the intention was the exact opposite. It's thanks to that probation that you're still here Birdot. If we didn't "invent" that new punishment just in time you would have stayed banned.

I will also add something else, since I missed the bulk of it. But you were responding to me, so I'll give you a response as well. You can take it, or leave it and consider me an asshole. It's my offer to you, whether it feels belittling or gratifying only you can decide.

Ideas are nice, but I'm the kind of person who actually tests the ideas to see if they work. After all, all of these "well thought out and creative" ideas were ALL broken. Not to mention at the time of the renovation, a good and well thought out idea was to have Zoul and Mir@k's picture up on the main part of the forum. Uh huh. When the site was freshly renovated, text, quoted text, links and smiley faces were all shot- so I went and tested them and reported them to Zoul. Burn me, I'm a witch. I also remembered that the main reason we did this renovation was to protect against bots so I created (then promptly abandoned) another account to see how easy it would be to get back in. That's all it was, nothing to throw a fit over.

You did a decent amount of good work by hunting the bugs and issues and helping Tom out while the bugs thread existed. You can rest assured that your input and work have been noted. And they do count. But as I said, you have also shown an inclination to do silly and unnecessary things that won't help anyone. Likewise, discussing what a mini-mod should be is also not something we expect the users to do. Not even the golds. We didn't ask anybody's input there, it's one of the topics that were discussed by mods and only mods. And there are a few more of these. And since only mods have access to the place where all the discussion happened, and we may or may not have arrived at conclusions, other people discussing this in parallel is unnecessary. Just like you probing the bot filter was unnecessary. I'm using your example to generalise what many people do. And I don't wish to attack you or anyone here for their attempts. But as I said, openly discussing topics you have little knowledge of and no actual influence on will only cause confusion to other users. While many of the things you did were much appreciated, some others that you continue to do occasionally we are forced to just shrug off. I like how eager you are to help, I really do. But you need to grow a sense of where there is room for your input and where there isn't. And that's a skill you lack. Give your actions and words more and deeper thought, and you will begin to see people appreciate and respect your opinions and input more.
I'm telling you this to advise you, not to bash you, Birdot. Because you have some potential.

but you're assuming the people who are trying to help are all completely retarded.

Not retarded, but sometimes acting/being retarded, and unintentionally so. Like with discussing things that the mods have already discussed to lengths in their forum. I don't attack people for it because you couldn't know what's been discussed and what has not. And no, most people who try to help end up being legitimately useful, usually at least to some degree. And that includes you.

All I've truly ever been guilty of on this forum is flame wars and badmouthing mods, both of which I payed for.

Paid* for, and yet continue to do. And that's the other problem you have to fix first. You're a stubborn dude, you get defensive over petty things. Do you aspire to be a mod? Or even a gold member? I wish I could show you how we dealt with some issues in the mod team, even the personal ones. If you have so much trouble working with people how do you expect to ever be invited to work on any team? I've seen quite a few forums from each side, and to be honest our set of mods so far is like a group of the most cooperative, mature and professional people you could find on this forum. BR did a phenomenal job getting a team like that together. It's thanks to their attitude that issues are resolved quickly, any tensions are smoothed out efficiently, and we jam together.

yet you guys ONLY focus on the negatives? Why? I'm legitimately freaking curious right now.

Again, we don't praise you for the positives. But they are all always noted. We will point out your flaws because those are the things you can change and improve on. We don't shower you with praise for every good thing you do because, do you think you would get praise for banning a bot as a mod? Fuck you, it's your job and you gotto do it, keep the forums clean, mostly from behind the scenes, hardly anybody sees your work, and only you can pat yourself on the back for it. If your eagerness to improve the forum runs on praise as fuel then you will never make it into mods or golds. Ever.

and you're not a mod or an admin or in any place to judge at all.

Mirak can be crude and blunt. Painfully so. It's tough love. Something BLordy also does to some degree. There are people who will speak to you like Hana and Tuor. There are people who will speak to you like Val or BR. And there are people who will speak like Mir. You need to read into what they are saying, and try to ignore how they are saying it. Different people express themselves differently after all.
Also, what Mirak said when he replied to this statement of yours is true. Back in the day he and BR were the only reasons why this forum even functioned. And he's done work on it, and for it, before and after being a mod, time and time again. Which is why his word is respected pretty much as much as that of a mod here. Which is also a good example. Your name colour doesn't make your words powerful and respected here. It may help, yes. But ultimately it's what you say that matters.




Also:
Perhaps its just a way to get folks to be more motivated in helping. Mods are somewhat more personally obligated to help out than regular members. So the Gold Title is probably a boner badge or something similar.

It is in a way a reward, that also functions as a leash to tame potential outbursts. You get these ranks as you build up your renown around here, and you may lose them if you are careless. And there will be more than just gold. At least one of them even Birdot will get, once implemented. But for now, we only have gold.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh, is that so? I thought I was the first. Do you happen to know who else- you know what? That's fine.

All of this already passed and I've made relative peace with my mistakes, even though they do still make it impossible to ever have a casual conversation with anyone here ever. In a perfect world, just moving on would be fantastic but that seems kind of impossible.

I guess it's enough to simply be here and continue on my little story. Occasionally coming out to the Bleed Section when new things are made. Gets very boring though.

Edit: I see you made a lot of changes to your post in the one minute I posted. I would get to them, but I think it's best to nod and leave it at that. Let it be known I understand and agree with a lot of what you said.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Cool beans. My curiosity has been sated, thank you guys. Now the hell were we talking about before all of this...

Forum improvements or was it something about a bar? I don't know anymore. Scanning this didn't help. Anyways, lets move onto something that has a better feeling than this. Lets see... cars, money, politics (ehh), world events...

Has anything interesting been going on in the area around you?

We've got major forest fires and a fair going on to celebrate the town's centennial birthday.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Q.U. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Anyways, lets move onto something that has a better feeling than this.

Ok.

I'll start.

the government of the United States would be continually examined, built, and modified as the years went on. It wasn't perfect at the signing of the Consitution, or the Bill of Rights. Thus as it goes in its state it will be modified and changed to meet the new circumstances without sacrificing its core goal.

The Electoral College is total crap, and needs to be abolished.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I will not disagree with you on that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Well, living in North Carolina, I am constantly impressed at just how backwards and sneaky the people here are. If it wasn't the constant attempts to sneak anti-abortion bills through other bills, they actually managed to get one through a Motorcycle bill.

The gall and absolute balls of these people is staggering. Not to mention the hypocrisy of of one of their attempts included sneaking anti-abortion bills through an anti-sharia law bill. Talk about irony, denying religious beliefs while sneaking your own in. It would be brilliant if it wasn't so unbelievably stupid.

Sometimes I'm kept up at night wondering just what they'll pull out of their ass tomorrow.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:06 am

Q.U. wrote:And while mini-mod idea was scrapped for now, BR thought up the Mega-Threader. So there's that to look forward to.

What is this "Mega-Threader" you speak of? Tell me more.

Q.U. wrote:Also, especially British, au·thor·ise.

It's not misspelled. It is spelled how it was always meant to be spelled, you know, by the people who invented the language you're using.

I stand corrected. In my defense; the spell-check lied to me.

Q.U. wrote:Get a custom banner like Grey instead.

You mean that guy who has an ample amount of "swag" attached to his profile? I've always wondered why he had that over his "Moderator" title.

Q.U. wrote:We're a little too old to fall for reverse psychology.

It's not reverse psychology, it's forward psychology. I really don't care.
From what everyone tells me, Gold doesn't really matter. Also yellow's not my color.
Bronze and Silver seem kind of interesting, but again, doesn't sound practical.

Q.U. wrote:When I came into this forum it became a sticky.
Also Ari, read this faq.php

I've looked through that a couple of times. I'm still not 100% clear on what "Foe List" does specifically. Does it just block someone from showing up? Like completely block them, as if they never existed?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests