The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 pm

That last one. Felt like the cherry on top.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
ari-6 wrote:Would you prefer a red name?

Actually, yes. But for a completely different reason and it would be only for me.

Blood Lord - Blood - Red

There's his reason.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:The site is fixed now, VERY few bots and just about all of the chinks are out of the system. It was dark days.

Ehh... I've gotten quite a few in the last couple of days.
Actually, now that I remember; didn't I actually report one last night in the Literature forum? I kinda forgot about that until now.

I haven't really seen one other than that in weeks... though I guess that means the mods are hard at work, no?
Tenshi Nova wrote:That last one. Felt like the cherry on top.
I want there to be a red title too but for a completely different reason and it would only be for Blood Lord.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I don't think I'd want a Gold membership, a Modship, or an administratorship in all honesty. ALL GLORY TO THE SNAFU COMMONWEALTH!

ari-6 wrote:I understand now. It is a program that looks like a user but I will be able to tell them apart because all it's posts will include links and have nothing to do with the actual thread. And test data is a way for people to figure out what works and what does not. Thank you for explaining.

You didn't know what a bot was? Have you ever seen one of these? It's called a CAPTCHA. It's purpose is to stop bots from registering a profile, email, etc. Because only a human can complete it. I've always wondered why this website never used one of these, and instead made it's own anti-bot measures. Has anyone ever tried using the audio version of one of these? It's creepy as fuck. If you ever do see a bot in the forums, report it's thread/post, so a Mod can take care of it.

Birdofterror wrote:Actually, now that I remember; didn't I actually report one last night in the Literature forum? I kinda forgot about that until now.

I haven't really seen one other than that in weeks... though I guess that means the mods are hard at work, no?

Yeah. I think we've had the same bot with different profiles for the past week or so. I say this because it always advertising the same thing.

Birdofterror wrote:I want there to be a red title too but for a completely different reason and it would only be for Blood Lord.

Idk. Red is a warm color, and everything here is mostly cool colors. But since he has "blood" in his name, it would fit.

Blood Lord wrote:Sweet. I'll look into removing it. I had no idea either, but might as well do some house cleaning.

I say if can get the clearance, go for it.

@ari-6: By the way have you gotten to read this yet? I know this is the second time I've brought it up, but it's just so god damn hilarious.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:42 pm

That is a fantastic link of what not to do.

Birdofterror wrote:Actually, now that I remember; didn't I actually report one last night in the Literature forum? I kinda forgot about that until now.

You reported that one, and Havok got two I think in the RP section and the Gaming Section.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Blood Lord wrote:That is a fantastic link of what not to do.

Now that's a true monument. A monument to failure that is.

Blood Lord wrote:You reported that one, and Havok got two I think in the RP section and the Gaming Section.

The one's in the RP and Gaming section, was it advertising the same things (online movies/television)? You Mods can do an IP ban, right?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:55 pm

We do permanent name, IP, and email bans on bots and those that deserve such a punishment.

The ultimate banhammer experience... well, almost.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 pm

I love reading that...I've got the code...sigh...sleeping good tonight, thanks for the retelling.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:01 pm

@Blood Lord: I see. If a bot keeps coming back with alt. accounts, I assume these more drastic measures would be necessary. Also I see you changed your avatar just now.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:04 pm

BLORD!? You are a ...pony? That is honestly the least threatening form you have ever taken.
Blood Lord wrote:

You reported that one, and Havok got two I think in the RP section and the Gaming Section.

What you say makes it sound like there are lots of bots around. Is it just that there are no bots in the small part of the forum I live in or are they everywhere and I just do not recognise them?
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Pony avatar. Not what I would have chosen... doesn't really cry Blood or Lord, but hey- your life.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm

What did you choose? It is just an arrow? does it mean something?
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:13 pm

ari-6 wrote:BLORD!? You are a ...pony? That is honestly the least threatening form you have ever taken.

I'm experimenting. Not the first time though. Did you ever see my Pony-House avatar?

there is another avatar I've been playing with, still pony but much more... me.

Birdofterror wrote:Pony avatar. Not what I would have chosen... doesn't really cry Blood or Lord, but hey- your life.

She does have the same express that House did.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Your new avatar caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting it.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I love reading that...I've got the code...sigh...sleeping good tonight, thanks for the retelling.

Oh no! he going to shut down all our computers so we losing all our files. LOL

ari-6 wrote:What you say makes it sound like there are lots of bots around. Is it just that there are no bots in the small part of the forum I live in or are they everywhere and I just do not recognise them?

Not really. Our forums have been relatively Bot free. There's a reason you had to type the last four letters of "Snafu Comics" backwards when you were registering your profile here.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm

I actually can not remember when I made my account. Which is why I was inactive for about the first month. I came to make a new one and ended up using exactly the same details. Happy coincidence. I read that thread you linked me to. I do not understand. Is she a troll or a child? I can not believe there could be people that obnoxious in reality.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Troll (I think).

Ehh. Might have just been a really young kid too.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:10 am

I feel so much better when i'm at home. I hate people asking me to hang out with them these days because they only do it cuz we're finally at our very final exams for the whole career. :c
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:02 am

That was out of nowhere. But I can relate to Mir@k completely. At the end of my college tuition I got talked into going to a bar with people I had never spoken to for two years and buying drinks for people I did not recognise. By the end of the night I was broke and depressed.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 am

I've been thinking about going to collage this fall. I was considering graphic art. But I'm still not 100% on what I want to do. I use to hangout with people quite frequently in the past, but not so much as of late. I think I need some new friends.

Blood Lord wrote:I'm experimenting. Not the first time though. Did you ever see my Pony-House avatar?

there is another avatar I've been playing with, still pony but much more... me.

I've never seen your pony-House avatar. What does it look like? When I was deciding on my new avatar, I was considering either this, Spike from Cowboy Bebop, or Gene from God Hand. I couldn't find a good enough picture of Gene, so I went with this one.

ari-6 wrote:I got talked into going to a bar with people I had never spoken to for two years and buying drinks for people I did not recognise. By the end of the night I was broke and depressed.

When I go to a bar, I like to go alone. I like a nice quiet bar with few people, and no loud music.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 am

Still really really bothers me. It's basically literally saying normal members can't help. It's basically saying I (And other members; all non-golds) haven't helped before and can't help. Ever.

If a user's idea of helping check the bot filtration on user registration system is by making a second account and later getting in trouble for it then yes, they don't get to sit in the room with people who have legitimately good and well-thought out ideas on how to improve the site. Being eager is good, but in order to come up with something good it takes a lot of thought and work.
How can I make this more clear to you?

some of the other leading members on this site were talking about Snafu Silver, Snafu Bronze, and a Mini Mod rank. Will any of this come to be?

We have the new caste system fleshed out and the interactions set. We know what we want and how we want it to work in theory. Putting it into practice though, is the job for Superman Tom. Who happens to be working on another project right now, and since we don't pay him for his work we don't expect him to prioritise the forum over getting money for food and rent. Thus it takes some waiting.

And while mini-mod idea was scrapped for now, BR thought up the Mega-Threader. So there's that to look forward to.

Also "authorized" is misspelled.

au·thor·ize
[aw-thuh-rahyz]
verb (used with object), au·thor·ized, au·thor·iz·ing.
to give authority or official power to; empower: to authorize an employee to sign purchase orders.
to give authority for; formally sanction (an act or proceeding): Congress authorized the new tax on tobacco.
to establish by authority or usage: an arrangement long authorized by etiquette books.
to afford a ground for; warrant; justify.
Also, especially British, au·thor·ise.

It's not misspelled. It is spelled how it was always meant to be spelled, you know, by the people who invented the language you're using.

Also I was wondering what sticky meant when referring to forums.

When I came into this forum it became a sticky.
Also Ari, read this faq.php

"Snafu Medic", perhaps. Someone who's good at breaking up quarrels, and helping others with issues, personal or otherwise. Maybe assign them to the Therapy thread.

Unless you send a certified copy of your PhD in Psychology and your legal permission to work in consulting and therapy, nobody will be assigned to the therapy thread. Because one idiot's half-assed "advice" could ruin a life of another when they are most vulnerable. Nobody here has the credentials to do so properly. So now the therapy thread is just a feels thread where you can whine and share your problems (if you really have nobody else closer in your life to share them with, which is sad if you don't).

Hey, whatever works. A great way of maintaining order in a civilization is to reward good behavior and say "good boy."

Yes, but you don't start trying to be a good boy by constructing a nuclear bomb and accidentally detonating it. Toying with things you don't know how to work/operate or improve is nothing to reward people for. Just like you don't reward a kid for dropping a handful of sand into your car's engine's oil tank because "he was trying to help".

Ehh... I've gotten quite a few in the last couple of days.

You got a tripple ban, like I did before. Try to go all the way to the M-M-M-M-Monser ban! Or Ludicrous Ban! Or Holy Shit! (Where the last one is a thread in spam now, for some reason)

Actually, yes. But for a completely different reason and it would be only for me.

Get a custom banner like Grey instead.

I don't think I'd want a Gold membership, a Modship, or an administratorship in all honesty. ALL GLORY TO THE SNAFU COMMONWEALTH!

We're a little too old to fall for reverse psychology.

I don't come to this thread often enough apparently. But I'll be monitoring this thread in case you guys start coming up with a solution to a non-existant problem, which we have already prepared a fix for in the mod forum. Note that this is also the reason why so many Golds are OLD veteran users. They've been around long enough to know the forum and it's workings. Which is why their opinions are more accurate and their insight deeper.
It's not to put the newer users down, but merely to let you grow more experienced.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:24 am

All in favor of changing the 'members' title to 'Commonwealth'?

I jest. Just ignore me T.T
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Q.U. wrote:If a user's idea of helping check the bot filtration on user registration system is by making a second account and later getting in trouble for it then yes, they don't get to sit in the room with people who have legitimately good and well-thought out ideas on how to improve the site. Being eager is good, but in order to come up with something good it takes a lot of thought and work.
How can I make this more clear to you?
Well you can start off by not talking down to me like I'm stupid.

Ideas are nice, but I'm the kind of person who actually tests the ideas to see if they work. After all, all of these "well thought out and creative" ideas were ALL broken. Not to mention at the time of the renovation, a good and well thought out idea was to have Zoul and Mir@k's picture up on the main part of the forum. Uh huh. When the site was freshly renovated, text, quoted text, links and smiley faces were all shot- so I went and tested them and reported them to Zoul. Burn me, I'm a witch. I also remembered that the main reason we did this renovation was to protect against bots so I created (then promptly abandoned) another account to see how easy it would be to get back in. That's all it was, nothing to throw a fit over.

Sure, the second account was probably not needed to test as that was probably the most worked on portion of the renovation, but I felt compelled to probe it for weaknesses. Does that make me a bad person?
Q.U. wrote:Yes, but you don't start trying to be a good boy by constructing a nuclear bomb and accidentally detonating it. Toying with things you don't know how to work/operate or improve is nothing to reward people for. Just like you don't reward a kid for dropping a handful of sand into your car's engine's oil tank because "he was trying to help".
A good enough point as any, but you're assuming the people who are trying to help are all completely retarded.

Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:53 pm

I think the implication here is that he's exclusively talking about you while at the same time making an example out of your case for any other members who may think like you.
Birdofterror wrote:Ideas are nice, but I'm the kind of person who actually tests the ideas to see if they work. After all, all of these "well thought out and creative" ideas were ALL broken.
I don't understand, what you're saying is that you are 'different' and thus your behavior is justified? Or what is the point of that, what's the message? I don't think people care about what kind of person you are as much as people do about your actual actions. Also i don't know where this conversation is going in terms of objective, you're not going to get any sort of recognition given that lately all you do is being sour about it towards golds and mods and acting like a generally unlikable person, and you keep underlining just how much you 'don't know' anything and how much of a big deal you think you are by saying complete bullshit facts like "all these creative ideas were broken". As in, you're telling us, people who actually worked shit out as a team, that all of the work we did was 'broken' and that it was your asinine behavior which actually helped fix shit even though you were not directly involved in any of them and didn't even realize the existence of most, since you were OH SO BUSY sorting out all of the shit here? Do you even know what exactly we've done, or are you talking about purely tangible and observable changes by you? Who are you? Or more precisely, who do you think you are? Because i'm starting to think you think of yourself as an asset, or as someone special or trascendental to this place, do you think this of yourself dude?
Birdofterror wrote:Not to mention at the time of the renovation, a good and well thought out idea was to have Zoul and Mir@k's picture up on the main part of the forum. Uh huh. When the site was freshly renovated, text, quoted text, links and smiley faces were all shot- so I went and tested them and reported them to Zoul. Burn me, I'm a witch.
The more i read, the more and more this sounds like

to me, which is sad. Ok, disregarding the obvious fit of blatant jealousy, do you think you were the only person in the entire forum who thought of "testing" features and/or reporting them? By the time your silly ass reports came in three threads have been done in the gold forum regarding the issue, why does your writing always return to "I am the sole responsible for taking care of shit", i thought you had already understood that you only thought you did a lot of stuff because you just could not see what others were doing. :I

Also do you even know why were our pictures up there? What we did to have them (jokingly) placed there? That's the pettiest argument i've seen you throw around so far. Answer this question, what were we doing at the time our pictures were next to the banner (which, btw, was partially the reason ourpics were there). You should know this, since at the time the gold forum was open for everyone to see (not post), so surely you remember? If you don't, why OH WHY won't you do us all the honor of shutting your massive mouth?
Birdofterror wrote:I also remembered that the main reason we did this renovation was to protect against bots so I created (then promptly abandoned) another account to see how easy it would be to get back in. That's all it was, nothing to throw a fit over. Sure, the second account was probably not needed to test as that was probably the most worked on portion of the renovation, but I felt compelled to probe it for weaknesses. Does that make me a bad person?
Well yes, it does. The road to hell is paved with the best intentions. When people talk about their big fuckups, they usually try to paint them in a more innocent light. I don't think if you think it was "nothing to throw a fit over" or not is relevant to the people who actually decide that in the end, and the general consensus around that time was that it WAS something to throw a fit over after all. I thought you were very apologetic back then, what happened?
Birdofterror wrote:A good enough point as any, but you're assuming the people who are trying to help are all completely retarded.
Now that i've read it over i should inform you he's talking exclusively about you. I hope no member ever strives to be like you, at least not like the psychotic bullshitter part of you, the do-good part is ok.
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 pm

A good example out of my case would be to look at the smiley section and see that it works.

And that quotes work. And that links work. I'm truly the worst person. It's funny, really. These accusations are as stupid as you're making me out to be!

All I've truly ever been guilty of on this forum is flame wars and badmouthing mods, both of which I payed for. I'm also guilty of fixing several things... and admittedly trying a bit too hard to fix everything. But a lot of good came out of it- yet you guys ONLY focus on the negatives? Why? I'm legitimately freaking curious right now.

Bird oft Error

Postby Gentlemuffin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Wouldnt the Gold title be equivalent to something more along the lines of:

"Thank you for helping us a lot in the past. Here let me paint your name for you and make it shiny. Please keep helping us more in the future."

As far as helping goes, I dont think one needs a colorful name to do that. But now I'm just stating the obvious, sorry.
Still New

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)