The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:That post was directed to Bird, I believe.
It was indeed directed towards me. I apologize on both Blood and my behalf if it sounded like it was directed at you, Ari. It was not.

I know he was not talking to me, I was just wondering if there was a way that even someone like me could help. I thought of an idea to get more people to join. Advertising might work, unless that is a ad idea in which case just ignore me please.
Well, if you have anything that you think is feasible you can feel free to contact BeeAre or Blood Lord via PM and if your idea hasn't been discussed before, Blordy or BR will bring it up in a formal discussion later on.
ari-6 wrote:Would you prefer a red name? Red is a much cooler colour than yellow.
Um no, i don't think you got what i meant when i said it means nothing, what i mean is that a color on your username is irrelevant, what matters is who you are and how good of a member you're perceived as.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 pm

I know what you were trying to tell people, I was trying to be funny, sorry.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm fairly sure we all can't wait to read your essay, birdof, no doubt full of charisma, tabasco sauce and that hint of bitter spice of yours we all simply go crazy for, but i'd really really wish you didn't bother.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 pm

I feel like writing a huge post in Snafu is too much.
Tl;dr
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 pm

I wasn't actually going to write too much- or at all, to your benifit of course. Anything for you, Mir@k. Though... there is one little thing that irked me. It's not that big, I'll leave it brief, once again to your benefit.
Mir@k wrote:If you want to become a gold member, do what birtdofterror does not, which is giving without expecting to receive something in return.
I did without expecting anything in return for 2 and a half years. It was fun to be on the forum and post stuff.

But then everyone got gold out of nowhere- except me. So it leads me to question- has every single gold member done more than me or have I really not done that much at all? I mean, all the bots, all the tests, all the fixes, all the "How to help the forum" threads- do they really ALL amount to nothing?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:57 pm

You know, we really don't have to tell you who has done what or how much you weigh on the scales of justice man. In fact no one has to tell you anything, that very attitude is what didn't get you your gold name.
I did without expecting anything in return for 2 and a half years.
Yeah, only everyone could smell the aroma of interest from you a mile away. We all knew you only helped around because you had an interest in being recognized. Every good thing you did, you instantly turned around, jumping excitedly, going "i did a good thing! i did a good thing!", that's not ground for anything. It's appreciated, but when you joined the site you agreed to a set of rules, which indirectly involve you, amongst your task to not disobey the rules, in maintaining the site clean. You don't get patted in the back for doing things you are supposed to do anyway, you get patted when you do things in an outstanding way, and the only thing you've done outstandingly is being like you are being right now. *shrug*

Yeah, reporting bots, gathering test data, whopee. Lots of people do that, the difference between you and them is that they never felt the need to be acknowledged over every movement they made. Just because you can't see the reports doesn't mean hundreds of people report shit everyday, they just don't go "i reported something today, put another mark on my "bots reported by birdot" list".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Sorry for asking but could you tell me what "bot" and "test data" is? If you feel it would be too complicated then please do not trouble yourself. It really is not important.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 pm

ari-6 wrote:Sorry for asking but could you tell me what "bot" and "test data" is? If you feel it would be too complicated then please do not trouble yourself. It really is not important.

Oh, a while ago the forum was overrun with bots. They were being dicks, spamming links to tertiary sites and gathering people's Email Addresses and stuff.

Then the site was locked down for the greater half of a year then the site was fixed up with a bunch of very unstable changes. A lot of glitches were present and people were told to probe the site for weaknesses. I found a lot of them, including link text darkness, ineligible quoted text, broken smiley faces and various other things.

The site is fixed now, VERY few bots and just about all of the chinks are out of the system. It was dark days.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Purple would be interesting. All in jest. I know it's not happening.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Well for the sake of discussion, what would the purple even mean? I mean, purple is a prime color of this site. The Big Snafu is in purple, a lot of the buttons are purple...

I guess it could be like... site mechanic or something. You know, make it purple to symbolize how in tune with the site you are? Another title. Not so much a self made name color like was suggested before.

Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 pm

"Snafu Medic", perhaps. Someone who's good at breaking up quarrels, and helping others with issues, personal or otherwise. Maybe assign them to the Therapy thread.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 pm

I guess, but wouldn't (For the sake of discussion still) it be better if it was Red?

I mean, medical crosses and all that. Purple is usually seen as poison.

Hell... Snafu Medic. I wish we had some of them, regardless of color.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Eh, personally I think keeping titles away from the Therapy Thread is a better idea. You don't want people to come attempt to help because they want the title.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey, whatever works. A great way of maintaining order in a civilization is to reward good behavior and say "good boy."

Regardless of the undertones and superiority complexes, if people want to be "good people" to earn a title, I say let them try.

Hell, what do you call boyscouts?

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:42 pm

In my opinion, keeping the Therapy Thread more altruistic is better.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I know I said it was not important but your explanation of what a bot is really confused me, which is not very hard. Is it short for robot or an acronym? Sorry, I am really not very tech savy. Unless I need to know how something works, I do not. Also it is not really relevant to the conversation so I will leave you alone now.
gott ist tot

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm

No, it's fine. Bots are automated systems usually created by corporations or private hackers for a variety of different reasons.

Most of the time they are advertising bots, like someone activates a Bot on Snafu to create a thread or comment within an existing thread with links that lead to sites that either have a bunch of shit to buy, or worse; leads to lure sites that give you viruses and/or keyloggers.

Sometimes the bots are more passive, but still malicious. A good example would be data collecting bots who are put here to access the private information of users, such as names in real life, email addresses and other things like that.

They are automated systems whose soul reason to exist is to either steal or cheat. They suck.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Sounds like my kind of people...robots, w/e.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 pm

I understand now. It is a program that looks like a user but I will be able to tell them apart because all it's posts will include links and have nothing to do with the actual thread. And test data is a way for people to figure out what works and what does not. Thank you for explaining.

I think Tenshi might be a robot!
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 pm

01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Only a sadistic robot would subject people to looking at the avatars he uses!
Robots are incapable of laughter! Tell a funny joke and he will explode! ...This is a lot of pressure.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Wouldn't you need to tell me a bot a paradox to make them explode?
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Not unless you a bot was installed with Paradox absorbing crumple zones like robot Santa.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 pm

So humans do know about that.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 pm

I tried clicking on that link, but it just said "You are not authorised to read this forum." Also "authorized" is misspelled.

That's because the link I gave you is a direct link to the mod lounge. Only moderators can access it though. I kinda wish it was a relaxing place like a bar where the mods could go and just chill, but its just work and systems in place that help us

Mir@k wrote:That thread is not a monument, i share your confusion as to why it's still there, but yeah.

Sweet. I'll look into removing it. I had no idea either, but might as well do some house cleaning.

ari-6 wrote:] I do not understand. Will my posting really help the forum? I am not skeptical, I just do not really understand how forums work. I guess if no one posted then it would not be much of a forum but if I posted more, how could it help.

Yes! It actually will. See the forums operate on activity, and series of codes and programming that I don't really understand, but you get my point. Activity is what drives a forum forward. Activity is based on people who are present and if the content/conversation is good. We could have some 30 people on at a time, but unless something good is going on, they aren't going to post.

So how can your posting help? Well, it generates that activity and can directly or indirectly cause that content to be made. You may have noticed this, or will notice this, but most people join for the comics but they don't stay for the comics, but the people they meet and the other stuff that happens here that causes them to stay at Snafu. My theory and one of the driving points that I like to ride around on, is that the activity of the members of the site is what is causes it to grow and to stay healthy. The other point involves telling other people about Snafu and getting them to join as well, but activity is the key.

Questions are totally fine and encouraged.

Birdofterror wrote:The site is fixed now, VERY few bots and just about all of the chinks are out of the system. It was dark days.

Ehh... I've gotten quite a few in the last couple of days.

ari-6 wrote:Would you prefer a red name?

Actually, yes. But for a completely different reason and it would be only for me.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)