The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 am

ari-6 wrote:Oh hey look! A lounge. And no couch or water cooler in sight. Well this is the worst lounge ever.

We do have cookies.
...
...
...
Board cookies that is. They keep you authenticated and logged into the board. It also provides functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by the board owner.


But anyways, thought I'd bring up a new topic. I was wondering about the "Snafu Gold Membership". Are there any benefits to it over having a normal profile?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 am

That is not so much a topic as it is a question though. There is no difference when it comes to accounts.

It's just a little visual perk people who've done a significant service for the site can get, be it an actual website contribution (graphic design, coding, cleaning) or by being an outstanding example.

People dont get to ask if they can get it (or decide that they do) and if someone does it most likely means that person does not deserve it (or ever will, if their only motivation for being outstanding is a yellow name).
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 am

Eventually as more of the forum plans are put into operation, there will be potential differences that the moderators can turn on and off for the gold membership, but yeah what Mir said for right now. Much of the gold membership is under revision since Val was the one who was spearheading that project and has thus went MIA on us. Seriously, we have no idea where he's at.

The Gold's do have their own section at the moment in Spam that can only be seen and accessed by the Gold's and moderators. It's a place where they can coordinate new ideas to help improve the site and help more users. The Art Contest made by Hiroko was presented and worked on in there.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 am

Mir@k wrote: if their only motivation for being outstanding is a yellow name.

If any colour was going to motivate me it would be red. Because red is the coolest colour ever! Is there even a way to have a red name on you'r account? I do not think I have seen any. Or even any lightish red names for that matter.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:23 pm

No, you cannot color your name. In the index you can see what colors there are based on ranks on the Who's Online bar.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Other than what was already said, all you get is the attention from people with your shiny yellow name- and access to the Gold Section of the Forum... which I'm not even sure exists anymore. Even if it does it's probably very low traffic. Then again I can't "see" it anymore so it's kind of only theory at this moment. Can any goldie say whether or not it's still there or not?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Hiryu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

If you cared to read other posts here, you'd see that the person with the blue name responded to that.
We're just shiny pokemon. I'm a shining Mr Mime.
Image
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30893
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Who's the shiny Abra?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Hiryu wrote:If you cared to read other posts here, you'd see that the person with the blue name responded to that.
We're just shiny pokemon. I'm a shining Mr Mime.
I'm not entirely sure how I managed to miss that, but whatever. I have my answer.

Though the explanation:
Blood Lord wrote: It's a place where they can coordinate new ideas to help improve the site and help more users.
Still really really bothers me. It's basically literally saying normal members can't help. It's basically saying I (And other members; all non-golds) haven't helped before and can't help. Ever. It's offensive and blatant segregation; but that's my opinion and I'll leave it at that with no further intention of continuing this.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 pm

We can help, it's just that they have a more privacy and less spam. Hell, any of us can go to any section and make a thread right now for suggestion on how to further improve the site. There will be some formalities and disagreements, but if carried out well, successful. Also, the way I saw it, when reading the posts...Gold is earned after helping the community.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 am

Mir@k wrote:That is not so much a topic as it is a question though. There is no difference when it comes to accounts.

It's just a little visual perk people who've done a significant service for the site can get, be it an actual website contribution (graphic design, coding, cleaning) or by being an outstanding example.

People dont get to ask if they can get it (or decide that they do) and if someone does it most likely means that person does not deserve it (or ever will, if their only motivation for being outstanding is a yellow name).

I see. I thought you guys had the ability to post announcements. Like how Riz created the predecessor to this thread.

Blood Lord wrote:Eventually as more of the forum plans are put into operation, there will be potential differences that the moderators can turn on and off for the gold membership, but yeah what Mir said for right now.

Turn on and off some of the perks for the Gold members? I've notice some of the member who were once gold, have reverted back to a basic user profile.

Blood Lord wrote:Much of the gold membership is under revision since Val was the one who was spearheading that project and has thus went MIA on us. Seriously, we have no idea where he's at.

I remember Val. I also remember a few months be for he disappeared, him and some of the other leading members on this site were talking about Snafu Silver, Snafu Bronze, and a Mini Mod rank. Will any of this come to be? Although I'm not sure how any of those would work. Especially the Mini Mod one.

Blood Lord wrote:The Gold's do have their own section at the moment in Spam that can only be seen and accessed by the Gold's and moderators. It's a place where they can coordinate new ideas to help improve the site and help more users. The Art Contest made by Hiroko was presented and worked on in there.

So it's like the 9 3/4 thread? I never knew such a thing existed. Interesting. Y'know Blood, When I first saw you became a mod, I thought I was going to see something along the lines of Blood's Gold Ghost, or Blood's Golden Ghost posted across the board.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 am

Birdofterror wrote:Though the explanation:
Blood Lord wrote: It's a place where they can coordinate new ideas to help improve the site and help more users.
Still really really bothers me. It's basically literally saying normal members can't help. It's basically saying I (And other members; all non-golds) haven't helped before and can't help. Ever. It's offensive and blatant segregation; but that's my opinion and I'll leave it at that with no further intention of continuing this.

You can't make quite that big of a hostile statement to it and then try to drop the issue like it means nothing. Man the fuck up and get your ass back here.

Let me cancel out a few of your assumptions here.
1: No where did I or anyone state that only the Gold members are allowed to help develop ideas to help the site and to also help the members out themselves. So you are assuming that only they are privileged to get it when no such privilege has been made. you are seeing hostilities and favoritism where there is none.

One last thing. You want to help? Seriously, do you? Then participate in the site more than the literature section and the occasional trek to the Bleed Section. Go be a friend, have some fun, vote in the damn art contest.

2: The Gold Section is literally meant to be a brainstorming center to help us, The Mods and the Admins, find unique ways to strengthen the site. The bottom line is that we need help. the Gold Section was opened to the general public for this purpose, as well as a couple of threads, one of which was a sticky announcement and the other was a global announcement. I don't recall what happened with them because I was coming back online at that time.

Also what Tenshi said here;
Tenshi Nova wrote:Gold is earned after helping the community.

It can be said for every member that was ever or is a gold member.

That also being said, the Gold Section is still a tool that is under development. As Havoc pointed out and as we have seen on the site, and by my assurance unto you, changes have been made and will continue to be made until it has reached its desired state.

Havoc751 wrote:Turn on and off some of the perks for the Gold members? I've notice some of the member who were once gold, have reverted back to a basic user profile.

Its a future development thing, but Val's Mini Mod played into it a bit. I don't think that is going to happen, the entire class thing is being reorganized and I haven't looked or talked to the other Mods over it for a while.

Havoc751 wrote:some of the other leading members on this site were talking about Snafu Silver, Snafu Bronze, and a Mini Mod rank. Will any of this come to be?

It's still being worked on and will eventually come to Snafu. I have no idea when though. I think the Mini-Mod rank is gone, or something about being part of Gold and mods can turn it on and off, I can't remember.

Havoc751 wrote:So it's like the 9 3/4 thread? I never knew such a thing existed.

Yes.
The funny thing is we actually have two; gold section and the mod lounge.
viewforum.php?f=11

EDIT
I see. I thought you guys had the ability to post announcements. Like how Riz created the predecessor to this thread.

They don't. Riz made that long before Gold was ever an idea. Moderators have the power to upgrade threads to be stickied threads (like the Predictions thread), announcement threads, or global announcement threads.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 am

Blood Lord wrote:It's still being worked on and will eventually come to Snafu. I have no idea when though. I think the Mini-Mod rank is gone, or something about being part of Gold and mods can turn it on and off, I can't remember.

If I was ever given the choice, I would rather be Bronze or Silver, over Gold. Gold's just too mainstream. The Mini Mod thing sounds interesting, but I'm not even sure how a Mini Moderator would function compared to a regular Mod.

Blood Lord wrote:Yes.
The funny thing is we actually have two; gold section and the mod lounge.
viewforum.php?f=11

Wait. Mod Lounge? We have a fucking police station here? I tried clicking on that link, but it just said "You are not authorised to read this forum." Also "authorized" is misspelled. "Mod Lounge" kinda sounds like this local bar in my town called the Mud Lounge, that sells both coffee and alcohol.

Blood Lord wrote:They don't. Riz made that long before Gold was ever an idea. Moderators have the power to upgrade threads to be stickied threads (like the Predictions thread), announcement threads, or global announcement threads.

Oh I see. That makes sense.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:04 am

"Police station" made me burst into hysterical slaughter. But seriously guys, red name tags! Also I was wondering what sticky meant when referring to forums.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Hiryu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:20 am

Sticky refers to threads that stay above normal ones, but below announced threads. They're important, but not as important.

The gold threads vanished because like BL already said, the purpose of the gold group is a-changing. Until a definite purpose is given, there won't be any recruiting threads.
And some members were removed due to actually failing to contribute or leaving the forum. I personally look at the list and feel like removing a couple of more, but I've been told by BR to do nothing for now.
Image
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30893
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Thank you for taking the time to answer that. I just noticed, sticky are the ones with the exclamation mark? I was wondering why the thread about ponies is not sticky, are there more requirements than being long? Are sticky the threads that people definitely know will be important years from now?
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Hiryu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Child, you ask too many questions. Which is good since curiosity is a tool of learning.

Threads like the ponies one doesn't need to be stickied since it's constantly being posted in so it stays at the top. But if it's an important thread that only gets a couple of posts from time to time, then it gets stickied. But not all, just some.
And like I already said, since they're not as important as announcements they won't be remembered years from now. Stickies don't usually last that long.
Image
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30893
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 am

ari-6 wrote:Are sticky the threads that people definitely know will be important years from now?

If you back out to the Bleed Forum, you'll notice a Prediction Thread, a Suggestion Thread, a Pokemon Thread, and something that has been dubbed "A friendly reminder from a friendly moderator" left there by the Ghost of Mir@k Past. I'd ask if we could get rid of the Mod Mir@k one, but I think it might be a monument to his legacy at this point. Fell free to use any of the other three though. No one's used the Prediction or Suggestion Threads in months.

Hiryu wrote:And some members were removed due to actually failing to contribute or leaving the forum.

Kinda like The Mods of Yonder Years. I assume it's the same process.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:35 am

That thread is not a monument, i share your confusion as to why it's still there, but yeah.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:One last thing. You want to help? Seriously, do you? Then participate in the site more than the literature section and the occasional trek to the Bleed Section. Go be a friend, have some fun, vote in the damn art contest.
I do not understand. Will my posting really help the forum? I am not skeptical, I just do not really understand how forums work. I guess if no one posted then it would not be much of a forum but if I posted more, how could it help.

Havoc751 wrote:If you back out to the Bleed Forum, you'll notice a Prediction Thread, a Suggestion Thread, a Pokemon Thread, and something that has been dubbed "A friendly reminder from a friendly moderator" left there by the Ghost of Mir@k Past.
I read the friendly reminder from a friendly moderator. It was terrifying. Is the Mir@k who made it the same as the Mir@k above me?
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 pm

That post was directed to Bird, I believe.

And I believe he's trying to say that being part of the community makes it better. So, one of the easiest ways to do that is post and move conversations along.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:00 pm

There is only one of me, thankfully. Yes. Posting helps because conversations become active, people join to participate, the forum gets more members, happy times for all.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:That post was directed to Bird, I believe.
It was indeed directed towards me. I apologize on both Blood and my behalf if it sounded like it was directed at you, Ari. It was not.

I promised myself not to speak more on this, but I've been incited.
Tenshi Nova wrote:And I believe he's trying to say that being part of the community makes it better. So, one of the easiest ways to do that is post and move conversations along.
Because testing new features, probing the site for broken systems- FINDING broken systems and reporting them to admins so they can be fixed, messaging Dave to get some help back in dozens of times, welcoming people and reporting Bots aren't fucking help apparently.

No, talking and schmoozing is the real help.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 pm

In order to bring some context, everyone should know birdofterror has a bit of a... Rash on his tushie over the fact he isn't gold (or a moderator), because his deep-seated fanaticism and overbearing hostility plus a tragically misguided attitude haven't been glorified and applaused for ages to come. In reality eveything GOOD he has done for the site is, unfortunately, buried below mountains of hissy fits like the one above, or the one to follow after this post.

If you want to become a gold member, do what birtdofterror does not, which is giving without expecting to receive something in return. Kind of what i mentioned earlier about people not being deserving of the recognition for special services when those special services are done only for the sake of said recognition.

That being said, a yellow name is really *nothing* when you think about it. Most people who were granted the title (and were deserving of it) didn't even think much on it because that's the point, it's not a credential for something and it's not a rank or a title or whatever, is just a little visual cue that says "see this fucker? this a nice fucker". Just relax and be yourself. Unless being yourself involves trolling or something bad, in that case please be someone more decent.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:That post was directed to Bird, I believe.
It was indeed directed towards me. I apologize on both Blood and my behalf if it sounded like it was directed at you, Ari. It was not.

I know he was not talking to me, I was just wondering if there was a way that even someone like me could help. I thought of an idea to get more people to join. Advertising might work, unless that is a ad idea in which case just ignore me please.

edit:
Mir@k wrote:That being said, a yellow name is really *nothing* when you think about it.

Would you prefer a red name? Red is a much cooler colour than yellow.
Last edited by ari-6 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests