The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Hopefully DA3 is more like DA:O than it is like DA2
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:42 pm

I hope so. I haven't even touched DA2. I heard it was terrible.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:44 pm

I wasn't a big fan of how the combat was different, and the main quest felt a lot less grand in scale. The three different answer options for like good, bad, and cheeky was kinda fun, though
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Apparenly, Man of Steel is a terrible movie. I'll watch it tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling about it, especially with Snyder on the director's chair.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Superman is kind of a flat character
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:02 pm

I don't know, I like him. Superman and Batman are the only DC characters I like.

I was a bit worried when I saw the trailers, because I found so many important elements, I felt everything would be rushed in the end.

And, I can't stress this enough, but, why did they choose Snyder?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 pm

I just watched the man of steel, and it is a fucking good movie. The movie    focuses on how superman establishes his relation to society, which develops as superman and humanity itself gains trust in each other. His origins are detailed in unique ways. Superman's source of power doesn't only come from the sun, but also the earth's entire environment itself, which generates a unique effect to the plot overall when compared to krypton's environment. The character development is near perfect. The backstory is told through flashbacks throughout the movie when they are relevant throughout the movie, unlike Batman Begins lengthy backstory. General Zod's depiction is unique, where he does not want to conquer, but to preserve krypton, but does not share his views with Jor-El, he intends to achieve his goal with malicious intent.   The action sequences are very intense with outstanding visual effects and drama follows during the sequences and soon after.

This superman movie had a much darker tone compared to all the others. Its more like a movie where aliens invade, but it causes distrust between superman and humanity. But it's drama, character development, and action, are more than satisfying. They are amazing. You must watch this movie. The only reason why you shouldn't watch this movie is if you're a little nine-year-old girl. Thats why my sister fell asleep some time during halfway through the movie. (How the hell does anyone sleep through noises that loud in the theatre itself?)
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Well, that made me a little more optimistic. I'll watch it tomorrow with some friends.

All my friends loved the movie too, but then again, they liked Green Lantern, so I don't really trust them when it comes to cinema.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:35 pm

They're probably easy to impress.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:15 pm

WHERE ARE THE SPOILER TAGS?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:39 pm

I didn't spoil anything that important. If it was a spoiler, I would've covered it up. Spoilers are the suprises in the movies that make it really good like plot twists.. I didn't say anything that ruins the movie. I watched it myself. Trust me. It's possible to make a review without spoiling anything.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 pm

You still spoiled stuff.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Then edit his post and add spoiler tags
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Tuor, you are a genius. I have that ability, and forgot.

Midterms are taking more out of me then I thought.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:42 am

I think you were a bit paranoid there. But if you consider those to be spoilers then why don't you actually watch the movie to get what I mean about it. It's quite worth it to watch.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:57 am

Oh, I plan to watch it. I don't know when, but my Dad wants to go see it for Father's Day. If we do that today, or tomorrow, or next weekend is another thing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:16 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I think you were a bit paranoid there. But if you consider those to be spoilers then why don't you actually watch the movie to get what I mean about it. It's quite worth it to watch.
This attitude stinks. It's irrelevant whether or not you consider something to be a spoiler or not, if people want to go see a movie with their minds in a blank slate you're being incredibly discorteous by talking about it in such a descriptive way. Yes, it's possible to make a review without spoiling anything, but i'm afraid you're not doing it right.

Also i definitely think that, although i think the movie was entertaining (as is the default setting in today's DC movies that are not batman) i also think the movie fell super short on many things.    It was a crapload of sensory overload, as usual, and fights that dragged on for way too long.    I could make an in-depth analysis of waht i think was it's negatives but it's easier to link to rotten tomatoes, since most rotten reviews share more or less the same feeling.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 am

Why are there so many critics that plainly focuses on the negatives? It's like they don't care about the good stuff. There went me on the Rwby trailers..

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Why are there so many critics that plainly focuses on the negatives?
Oh Yahtzee explains it.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Just watched the movie. Terrible, most disappointing film I've seen in a while, even more disappointing than The Dark Knight Rises. Everything in this movie is wrong, the story, the effects, the music, the editor, everything.

Even in the "oh so incredible" fight scenes I found myself bored. Then I realized, to my horror, this was the whole movie. The president of Warner didn't lie when he said that the new Superman movie should have more fight scenes to appeal the kids.

It's like if Zack Snyder directed this movie after studying in Michael Bay's Film School. If you like the Transformers films, I'm sure you'll love this movie.

And what's with Krypton? It was more like Pandora from Avatar. Even Jor-El had one of those flying creatures.   

Postby Numa430 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Well so far Man of Steel made $21 million from its late Thursday and midnight showings.
The film eventually earned $44.05 million during its Friday launch and $56.05 million when the Thursday showings are included. This makes Man of Steel the second biggest opening for a non-sequel, and the twentieth overall biggest opener.
In the international markets, Man of Steel has grossed $1,624,265 which is the biggest opening day ever in the Philippines.
In Taiwan, the film grossed over $794,742 which is Warner Bros. biggest opening day ever.
In the United Kingdom, Man of Steel debuted with $5.6 million on Friday, giving the movie the biggest opening of 2013 so far, grossing 88 percent more than The Amazing Spider-Man, 11 percent more than Iron Man 3 and 17 percent more than The Dark Knight. In South Korea, the film grossed $2.8 million in its first two days. It also grossed $626,000 in the United Arab Emirates, which is the biggest Warner Bros. movie opening ever.
--------------------
Which means that dispite some negative reviews like yourself, Teran.
The movie is going strong in the box office.
Under the bed

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Just because something sells doesn't mean is good, that retarded way of thinking is what got us being fucked by business companies like microsoft and sony.

Think of all the people who went to see the movie and were disappointed, they still paid for their ticket, so of course their money figures between the numbers reported, but that doesn't mean people had a good experience, or that the movie was good.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Teran wrote:Just watched the movie. Terrible, most disappointing film I've seen in a while, even more disappointing than The Dark Knight Rises. Everything in this movie is wrong, the story, the effects, the music, the editor, everything.

Even in the "oh so incredible" fight scenes I found myself bored. Then I realized, to my horror, this was the whole movie. The president of Warner didn't lie when he said that the new Superman movie should have more fight scenes to appeal the kids.

It's like if Zack Snyder directed this movie after studying in Michael Bay's Film School. If you like the Transformers films, I'm sure you'll love this movie.

And what's with Krypton? It was more like Pandora from Avatar. Even Jor-El had one of those flying creatures.   

I'm sorry but your review is bullshit. But I will respect your opinion on the other hand. You never quite stated exactly what you thought was wrong with the movie and instead you just seemed to tell me that the entirety of the movie is bad. Not what exactly what is wrong. You are either just looking for a way to say "superman sucks", or you are being sarcastic. What kind of movie did you expect to see on the other hand? I'm serious, tell me.

And, by the way, just about everyone I met who saw the movie thought it was great. Does people here seem to have impossibly high expectations in a cinema now? Why don't one of you people tell me your favorite movie?

Postby Mir@k » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:06 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:your review is bullshit/But I will respect your opinion
My sides.

"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Weird moment when I don't know if you're agreeing with me or not.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)