The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Quick semi-related note, Kotaku is issuing public apologies to people they called entitled in the past. Saying, and I'm paraphrasing of course:

"They were right."
Source?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I think he expects you to look it up on kotaku.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm

He'll bring it up.

Teran wrote:It's quite a shame, because I was very hyped for the new Halo trilogy, but I'm not buying an Xbone just for Halo 5. That's just plain crazy. Sadly, I believe many persons will do that.

I'm probably going to get the Xbox One with that being one of the reasons. Some of the things that they are expecting are pretty crazy, like this internet thing. I'm probably going to wait until its out and a year or so after before buying it. do research, let bugs get fixed, price drop, etc.

Mostly sticking with it because I don't have a reason to leave it.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

The internet thing isn't really a big problem for me. Most of the time I don't really bring an xbox around to vacations. If I do, it will be my 360
F U Im evil

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm

I hope Microsoft can remove all those features in the future, assuming it's possible in the first place. I want to play future Halo titles.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 pm

I'm going to guess that they can fix things like that. It seems like they were able to do quite a bit to the 360 through updates and such. I'm actually counting on them doing just that.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Minecraft for the xbox one is also good to hear. Too bad 360 edition won't catch up to the PC.

I like the two guys who make these videos.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Mir@k wrote:Source?
You're really gonna make me dredge through Kotaku's filth pit? Eargh... Fine, be right back.

*Goes to Kotaku, dredges through page after page after refreshed page of filth, skimming key words and avoiding the cancer that is other Kotaku posts.*

A lot is lost in translation, but this is the closest thing I found.

I was skimming either yesterday or the day before and followed several links and went on an internet journey and found something with a major Kotaku person apologizing to a pariah. I promise you, it's there, I just don't know WHERE. If I find it, I'll let you know. Until then, this is pretty much the exact same thing; Kotaku telling gamers to level out and all be on the same side in this.

I can paraphrase if you want a TL;DR on the page.

"People are saying that "You can still play offline if you sign in once a day" and things like that without a hint of irony. People are defending the Xbone without realizing that it's basically everything bad in video games at the same time. DRM? Gamers wince, grit their teeth and bear it, they bear it because they love games. But it's become silly how many things we simply have to bear to just PLAY A GAME. Microsoft needs to stop biting the hand that feeds it- and the hand is us. They are not treating us with the respect we are "Entitled" to as consumers and it's time we let them know that."

Followups to this were several apologies to people Kotaku demonized that one time. Several comments on the page also list the irony of Kotaku calling other people "Entitled" while at the same time posting this page which is only a couple sylables away from "Down with the system." They are there if you want to dredge through it. I'm done dredging.

Now don't say I never brought anything interesting to the table.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I thought you were onto something but i was thinking of something else when i read your post then, that's not interesting in the least. :c
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm gonna wait and get a PC untill Microsoft realizes what they fucked up, hopefully before halo 5 releases.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Mir@k wrote:I thought you were onto something but i was thinking of something else when i read your post then, that's not interesting in the least. :c
You know what I think? I think you wanted me to say I made it up so you can poke fun at me, well nuh uh, not this time. I'm well informed! I thunk good this time!

But in all seriousness, what is it you thought? It sounds interesting; whatever it is.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I'm gonna wait and get a PC untill Microsoft realizes what they fucked up, hopefully before halo 5 releases.

No love for Nintendo?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Ooh, just found something interesting. It's from Gamespot, another jab at Xbone.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/xbox-one-terms-of-service-prevent-class-action-suits-6410038/

Basically, you know how the Xbone fucking stares at you, can see in the dark, can make out emotions in pitch darkness and has a camera on as the default option? Well, guess what?

You can't fucking sue them for ANY REASON, no class action lawsuits. What, you don't want them staring at your living room, looking at EVERYTHING you do and possible accidental nudity? Well fuck you, you are basically signing your rights away by even purchasing this fucking thing.

US ENTITLED GAMERS, HUH?! ALL HAIL MICRO$OFT.

But seriously, if anyone here buys an Xbone I'll personally punch you in the face.

The Xbone must fail so this ridiculous shit can end.

(Yes I am also aware that PS3, Valve and various other companies are "immune" to suing as well, but they don't stare at you. Invasion of privacy is a very easy thing to sue for- and you cannot do it against Micro$oft.)

Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Relax. Microsoft will realize the faults in the xbox one. and hopefully release a new model that will apeal more to gamers. And you freaking out over something that can be turned off. Hell, just unplug the kinect, and all your worries about striping in front of your xbox will be gone.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm

I hope Microsoft is listening to the complaints people are having. I wonder though if that is going to happen before or after the sale figures come out.
Mercypostle

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 pm

But that's the main problem, Doc, why do we need to wait for a new model that will appeal the gamer? Why not just listen to the gamer right now instead of doing everything wrong? It's just plain baffling.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:36 am

Because Microsoft won't notice it untill it's slaped in the face in the form of sales.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:54 am

Couldn't have said it better myself.

But still, don't buy this Xbone or I'll maim you.

Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am

Not even if Microsoft realizes it's faults that no one likes? And releases a new model that won't need internet connection, and also remove that used game policy? Besides, even if I did by an xbox one, you in what army?
F U Im evil

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 am

You take things way too literally for your own good.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 am

Yeah, I know. Its a terrible habbit.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself.

But still, don't buy this Xbone or I'll maim you.

Pfft. bitch please. I have a Halo to play.
Mercypostle

Postby Exodis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

What'll you do when you're done playin' Halo? Sell the Xbox 1 for a PS4?
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:46 pm

There are other games to play.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Randori wrote:What'll you do when you're done playin' Halo? Sell the Xbox 1 for a PS4?

Hellz no. I need a expensive paper weight.

I dunno though, CoD, Dragon Age 3, Assassins Creed 4, and I think there is a new Mass Effect in the work. I don't have a reason to switch.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)