The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Numa430 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Wanna know something else that is jelly?
Meeting the guy who voiced Krillin in person.
Under the bed

Postby Teran » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 pm

No Star Fox for the Wii U or 3DS. Truly disappointing, especially after all the hype with Retro Studios.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Wasn't there already a star fox for the 3ds?
Never anger a magician

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 pm

When was the last time a starfox game was good? The DS game totally sucked dick and star fox assault was over in 2 1/5 hours.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Star Fox 64 was pretty much the only great game in the franchise. Adventures was a major disappointment thanks to the fact that it barely had any of the elements that made the original game so good. Assault tried, and while it had some interesting concepts, it failed.

Yes, the DS game was terrible. I haven't played the 3DS game, but why should I bother? I already have the original in my Wii, so I don't see any particular reason why I should give it a try. Overall, I thought Retro Studios would revive the franchise with an excellent game, but instead, they decided to make a sequel for Donkey Kong Country Returns. Again, I wouldn't mind this so much if it wasn't for the fact that they hyped their game like if it was something revolutionary.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 pm

I don't get the hate for the DS Starfox, it was fun enough, I beat it 100%. I loved the fact that it was basically the All-Range mode from 64 for the ENTIRE game.

Also I'm a sucker for tactics, so I took to that like like a fly to shit... In which I am in no way implying that game is shit. :unsure:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I don't get the hate for the DS Starfox, it was fun enough, I beat it 100%. I loved the fact that it was basically the All-Range mode from 64 for the ENTIRE game.
And that's why this game sucks. A sequel to a game made for a system many times as powerful as the prequels and instead of adding more to the core gameplay, things have to be removed to accomodate the gimmicks of the console in question and the watering down of gameplay to accomodate a wider userbase fit for a portable console (which is not a good thing for a game like this).

Starfox assault's biggest damn failure it's the absurdly short 1 player campaign but besides that it tried new concepts over the ones that were already there without removing anything but adding more. The multiplayer was great, but the game relied on it being the main selling point and it just doesn't work that way. Also, no replay value whatsoever.

But the DS's version just has no excuse, it's just poor in quality (in all aspects, sound, story, gameplay and visuals). The DS is basically a miniaturized and upgraded n64 so i really can't explain why they didn't put a little more effort into it.
Birdofterror wrote:In which I am in no way implying that game is shit. :unsure:
just fyi making declarations like this is like saying "no pun intended". By recognizing the implications of what you've said you're in some form admitting or agreeing with the point made previously. Just fyi nig nog niggitty niggitty nog.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 pm

The problem with Star Fox Command is the fact that it gets old nearly immediately. And don't even get me started with the story.

Postby Guardian » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I liked StarFox 64 the best.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Starfox 64 was God's gift to whatever genre Starfox was.

Simulation? Shooter? Shmup?... Racing? Adventure? Meh, forget it.

It was a brilliant game that had more depth than my 7 (Was I 7? Eh, let's go with 7.) year old brain could comprehend at the time.

Once I got my first Medal when I replayed the game, I realized I missed out on so much. That game was so good.

Why the fuck can't Nintendo do it right anymore? It seems like the easiest thing in the world! Just literally COPY 64 and do everything it did. I don't care about rehashes or not; once Nintendo realizes what makes a good Starfox, they can feel free to improve it from here-

Because it seems they have completely forgotten.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 pm

You know i play starfox 64 on 1 player mode and everything is sweet and stuff, but i just can't find a reasonable explanation as to how in heaven's fuck i was able to play multiplayer when i was a kid, and now everything so much a clusterfuck.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:31 am

The multiplayer was... quite an interesting feature. I loved it back when I was a kid, but I don't think I could play it again.

Anyone remembers what happened when you got all the medals? You could play multiplayer without the vehicles. Except it was a terrible idea, as it was horribly unbalanced. Oh, but it was so satisfactory to have that feature unlocked back when I was a kid, haha.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

Teran wrote:The multiplayer was... quite an interesting feature. I loved it back when I was a kid, but I don't think I could play it again.
Well that's the thing i'm talking about. I literally cannot play multiplayer today in that game, everything is so confusing and fast paced and all the ships went so far so fast that finding one of your friends was difficult enough not to mention shoot them down.

Teran wrote:Anyone remembers what happened when you got all the medals? You could play multiplayer without the vehicles. Except it was a terrible idea, as it was horribly unbalanced. Oh, but it was so satisfactory to have that feature unlocked back when I was a kid, haha.
The maps were excruciatingly big and your walking speed so, so, so very slow.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Numa430 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 am

*Throws money at the screen*
Under the bed

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 am

The art style from Smash Bros 3DS has many similarities with Okami. I'm calling it now, Amaterasu will appear on the game.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am

Numa pls. There's already two threads about smash bros on the forum. More, even, if there's one in the snafu gaming section.
Hmm. Something tells me microsoft will back down at the end on a lot of things.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Numa430 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am

My appologies, Mirak.
Under the bed

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 am

Changing the topic a little, here's a quote from Microsoft, proving how much they love their fanbase!

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360"

Here's the article.

Shame, I had some faith in them before... you know, the Xbox "Juan".

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 am

Microsoft is really trying to shape the world around them to be like how they think it should be, but it doesn't work that way. They made a rich console for rich people, thinking that everyone would force themselves to be rich people or at least try to be out of an imaginary peer pressure people at microsoft are deluded into thinking will actually exist.

I want them to fail. I really really would like very much to see them, while not crumble (since that's just impossible, they have too much money) at least i would like to see them utterly defeated, i cherish the possiblity of reading lots and lots of news mocking microsoft's poor sales in comparison to their most hated rivals. I truly yearn for a situation like this.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Micro$soft will not crumble from one, two, or even ten failed systems. They have too much invested in technology, computers and various other things. A failed system will, however, open their eyes and force them to re-evaluate their target demographic.

The Xbone needs to fail so that gamers will stop having to just 'take' shit. We are the reason they even exist, and they have the gall to call us entitled when we complain.

Quick semi-related note, Kotaku is issuing public apologies to people they called entitled in the past. Saying, and I'm paraphrasing of course:

"They were right."

Bird oft Error

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 pm

The third console curse is almost always brought on by the company's own hubris.

It happened with Sega and with Sony and how much trouble they had with the PS3, now its Microsoft's turn.
I wonder if this one will go the way of the Dreamcast and just die as well.
Bark

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 pm

It's quite a shame, because I was very hyped for the new Halo trilogy, but I'm not buying an Xbone just for Halo 5. That's just plain crazy. Sadly, I believe many persons will do that.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Many persons did the same thing for halo combat evolved. It can happen again.
Never anger a magician

Postby Teran » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 pm

I have my doubts at this point, especially with the Call of Duty franchise being on every console.

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Microsoft's only hope would be hardcore gamers that enjoy halo. Then they will know where their biggest seller will come from.
Never anger a magician

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)