The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:46 am

How can you disagree. It requires an amount of effort to create anything. Regardless of the quality it still took effort to make. Didn't BeeAre say that Bleed was paid for the comics he makes. It's not just posting them in his spare time if you get paid for it. If he were to only update SB on DA then people would still see them but he would not get paid for it, removing some of the incentive for continuing. Or at least that is the way I saw it. But it is probably true that none of his fans only read SB so it probably wouldn' effect the sites ratings that much.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:01 am

ari-6 wrote:How can you disagree. It requires an amount of effort to create anything.

Try not to be take it so literally. If Bleed had put any real effort into SB, we wouldn't have almost every Snafu member that cares about the comics complaining about it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:11 am

Would it even be possible to have SB removed? Who's call would be to make, Dave's, BeeAre's?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 am

Alright then. I have never thought much for the writing of these comics but overall, what do you guys think was the result of the most effort? At what point do you think the most effort was used?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 am

The page where boobear was blatantly painted as a pedophile hurt to read, but the one with the mlp references was a totally different kind of low, it actually made me feel agressive thoughts about whoever thought it was a good idea. It was the first time in four years i wanted to dope slap the living shit out of somebody's head over the internet.

The comic should be renamed. There are no sugar bits to be found anymore.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:30 am

When Dmajor passed, the comic should have ended. I still stand by this. From what I've seen of this "NEK", he's gross and needs to go away.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:39 am

From what I've heard, NEK isn't the one making these calls, and that he "just does the editing and spell-check". But I'm not even sure that's the case. He seems to occasionally contradict these claims, and Both GT and SB dropped in quality once he was brought in.

ULTRADJ wrote:
Havoc wrote:So ULTRA, what sorta project is this specifically? Is this a Samurai Jack or GT fanfic? What's the setting and plot?

Well, it's for a PPGD fic that I will do somehow in the possible future (mixed in with some GT and SB elements as well, and as to how will that work, that will be discussed at a later time (though, how SB is going lately, people may get turned off at the site of it, but we'll see, maybe)) I'm playing all this by ear for now, I have the plot set us as some characters as well, as for the setting, that's still being decided on. Maybe a bit after the fall of the Darkstar Council? Like I said, I'm playing it by ear for now and focusing on developing characters and plots for now, the major details as to when this will take place will come in later. As for the plot, well, I have arcs planned and I may or may not share them with people. I want to keep it a surprise, but might tell some as to maybe get feed back and such.

Well if you're gonna play the waiting game, then you're gonna be stuck for awhile. You and me both know just how slow these comics move. Also you should share some of your concepts with us and get some feedback, and good advice. I would like to hear what you got. That is if you feel like sharing, no pressure.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:39 am

Havoc wrote:From what I've heard, NEK isn't the one making these calls, and that he "just does the editing and spell-check". But I'm not even sure that's the case. He seems to occasionally contradict these claims, and Both GT and SB dropped in quality once he was brought in.
Well using his own logic and assuming he's telling the truth, that would mean that all of the bad story elements are coming directly from Bleedman.

Which would also mean that the other writers generally took the reigns of the actual writing job to make sure their vision of the story came through, instead of letting Bleedman do it himself. Which proves to me that either Nek isn't the kind of person to want to tell Bleedman what to do, which leads to us realizing that Bleedman by himself is a pretty bad Writer, or Nek is lying and it really is all his fault anyway.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:33 am

Havoc wrote:Would it even be possible to have SB removed?

SB was fine where it ended. Melancholy is the problem.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:03 am

Havoc wrote:Well if you're gonna play the waiting game, then you're gonna be stuck for awhile. You and me both know just how slow these comics move. Also you should share some of your concepts with us and get some feedback, and good advice. I would like to hear what you got. That is if you feel like sharing, no pressure.

Tbh I don't know how long I'll wait, since you said these comics update very slowly, which they indeed do, but I also find that my ideas usually get better and more refined with time by thinking it over and such. Like I said before, it's still all up in the air on what exactly I'm going to do, but it will get there. I'll share some ideas as time passes as well.

As for the SB problem, it almost seems like we know how much NEK controls these comics just at much as we know that SB is a reboot/sequel/prequel? or whatever the hell it deformed into now. Some say he just proofreads and spell checks, but it does seem like he does more than just that, because if all he did was just proofread, he wouldn't be talking like he actually had some say in the direction in the comic, or maybe he does and Bleed takes his advice like 10% of NEK's ideas. I don't know who controls SB (and maybe GT for that matter) anymore, it seems like a free-for-all of piling on shitty ideas and disgracing what was once a good comic. BeeAre is the only one who works on one of the comics, PPGD, and actually comes to the site and talks to us, so maybe ask him to relay a message to Bleed saying stop this new shitty version of SB? It's gotta stop one way or another, as to how to stop it, maybe the first step is what I said in the previous sentence. Though, like I said in another previous post, will Bleed be willing to stop if enough people get angry and not read his comic anymore, I'm not sure.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't think anybody is stopping anything anytime soon.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am

I assume the decision of rather or not a comic continues to update on this website, falls to Dave, and as we are all perfectly aware by now, Dave doesn't really give a shit about this place. Although BR is an administrator, I'm not sure if he has the power to discontinue a comic.

Birdofterror wrote:Well using his own logic and assuming he's telling the truth, that would mean that all of the bad story elements are coming directly from Bleedman.

Which would also mean that the other writers generally took the reigns of the actual writing job to make sure their vision of the story came through, instead of letting Bleedman do it himself. Which proves to me that either Nek isn't the kind of person to want to tell Bleedman what to do, which leads to us realizing that Bleedman by himself is a pretty bad Writer, or Nek is lying and it really is all his fault anyway.

It's really fucking hard to say at this point. Here, look at some of NEK's comments:

In a SB page, NEK wrote: For what comes next I know most of you will hate me for it. But what happens next despite how wrong and heartbreaking it may be happens for a reason.

Here he sounds like he has total control, and the responsibility of the plot falls on his shoulders.

In a GT page, NEK wrote:Okay…I’m lost =/ And honestly I don’t think I’m the only one. But Grim’s drunk so yeah whatever sense was supposed to be here really isn’t here XD

Yet here he seems completely oblivious to what happens next, like he's on the same level as we are.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 am

Maybe different levels of control in the different stories
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:13 am

That, and also maybe he casually talks them about it. There's a possibility that he doesn't have a direct say in the comics, but when something just happens to pop up in a conversation, Bleed could think "what a neat thing."
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:26 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Let's see, how would this back story on this sword work (this will be altered, it's just an idea to start with): Long before the creation of Jack's sword, some gods (undecided who will they be yet, might pick them out tomorrow) wanted to create the "ultimate" weapon for man to wield against any opposing force, such as if evil got to wicked, or if good got influenced so much that the good guys abused their power and influenced. This weapon was created by possibly two or three gods, and they asked the Primordial Being named Chaos, it's from Greek mythology, to help forge this weapon. When they created it however, it was too powerful for any mortal to wield, and since they couldn't let any other person, god or mortal, have this weapon, they sent it to Tartaros, (which I found out can be a place and might be a diety as well, I found that interesting), and laid it in one of the deepest pits there. The person who found it wasn't human anymore and was strong enough to wield the blade

Like I said before, this is just an idea to start off with, adjustments and alterings will be made as I get better ideas and the opinions of people who have something suggestions that'll work for it to bring to the table.

Hmm, the mention of Tartarus reminds me of the Percy Jackson series. And if it's anything like the hellhole it's described to be like in that series, then I could buy into whoever it is finding the sword not being human. I don't consider this a spoiler (but just in case),    but basically all manners of creatures who were viewed as enemies to the gods were placed in Tartarus. The chances of a human surviving there are pretty slim and it's just outright dangerous.   

In any case, I do like the idea of the Gods attempting to create a failsafe against evil, and failing. The gods that have been mentioned are usually viewed in a negative manner (what with being the gods of death/war/chaos/etc), so it could be refreshing to see them actually being portrayed in a somewhat positive light (even if they do fail in their task in the end).

Also a few questions, you don't necessarily have to answer them now since I know that you're still working on the idea, but they may be some important points to think about when you're forming your story:
Would the forging of this sword occur around the same time that Jack's sword is forged (something like a "Forge a Sword Free For All" where different sets of Gods teamed up in order to forge a sword that would defeat Aku)? Or would it be forged before Aku becomes an issue on Earth (as in it was prophesied beforehand, and these gods tried to jump into action beforehand)? Why would this person/being wish to attack Jack? Will he meet Jack before/after Aku is defeated? Will Jack be given a Point of View in this story? Will this story occur in the future, or will it occur after Jack has returned to the Past (if he does)? How does the Main character get himself cast into Tartarus, and more importantly, how will he escape?

Also, sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit under the weather lately. That and the weather has been horrible too.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:36 pm

I dunno that gods of war are generally portrayed in a negative way necessarily
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Hmm, the only one I can think of that has been portrayed in a negative manner is    Ares (in the Percy Jackson series)   . I don't have much experience literature-wise with the other gods of war, so yea I misspoke. My bad.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Or Hades in almost anything.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Unless I don't know my Greek mythology as well as I think I do, I don't recally Hades being a god of war
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Hades was never a god of war.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Good, that's what I thought. Maybe Ari misread something
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah, Hades (or Pluto) he's always been the God of Death, ruler of the Underworld.
The only God of War I know is Ares (or Mars).
The Kid

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:23 am

So the brazil soccer thing started and facebook is flooded with posts about it while i sit here wondering if i'm the only person in my area who does not give a fuck about it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:25 am

You're not the only one.

Really annoying, especially the ones who mix it up with politics.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:34 am

I sincerely don't understand the fervor some people have that makes them update their status with every little thing that happens in the stupid game of the moment.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)