The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:13 pm

…what is?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:52 pm

He had some troubles with the Img tags in the Art Sect c:
So, now he's having a bit more with the youtube tag xD
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:35 pm

That show with the spikes receding is one of the best shows i've seen.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

My favorite from them involves 3 people trying to solve a puzzle room as the roof slowly comes down.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Do you guys browse any other forums?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:34 pm

I browse almost exclusively this place and 4chan.

Why do you ask?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:38 pm

I'd browse, usually looking for a specific discussion, but I don't participate.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Not really. I'm not sure why.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Same here. I've never joined any other forum aside from this one. I've briefly glanced through other forums, but that's about it.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:46 pm

I used to blindly browse the internet trying to find a place with similar interests. I briefly glanced upon a slowly dying pokemon website called Marrilland. I stayed there for about a year before even my 15 year old brain knew that the ice berg was ahead. Imagine the low points of 2012 on this site, but ALL the time. That was Marrilland.

I became active on this site and 4chan at around the same time. Not so much the random section, but the video games section of the latter website. I only ever set my roots here and there simply because of a community of shared interests. If the people in a specific forum have NOTHING in common, there is literally no reason for anyone to stay. I stay here for the brief burps of comic discussion and my own little story about said comics.

I go there for unfiltered, uncensored, anonymous shitposting. But among the filth, I've found that /v/ has some of the most enlightened conversations I've ever had the privilege of being a part of on the internet. It's like their blind hatred gives them a kind of wisdom that a forum without anonymity could only dream of having.

I visit both places for similar, yet still distinctly different reasons.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

I've got an account on FiMFiction. I admin for a group and work as a contributor for two editing/proofreading groups. Plus I edit/proofread for five people with 11 stories, and I've got one of my own on there with plans to introduce 13+ more.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Blood%20Lord

I enjoy the site because of how customize-able everything is, and there are a shit ton of groups on their that act as their own mini-fourms (the equivalent there is sections here).

Postby ari-6 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 pm

You really like writing? I never really realised before you linked that fanfiction you wrote. Has there been anything else you have written that you have been proud of?

It just occurs to me now that I have been the the literature section once in all my time here. Some of the people I know could be really good at writing interesting stories and I didn't know.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:44 pm

ari-6 wrote:You really like writing?

Yes. It's therapeutic for me... well, at times.

ari-6 wrote:Has there been anything else you have written that you have been proud of?

Not as much as I am with ER 250 and the world I'm making with Autumnschild.

I have other story ideas I want to do, and they are in my literature thread; Legions of the Empire, and Wings of Stealth. I actually hope to get good enough in my drawing to be able to turn the two into online comics.

ari-6 wrote:It just occurs to me now that I have been the the literature section once in all my time here. Some of the people I know could be really good at writing interesting stories and I didn't know.

You should go there. It's becoming a bit more lively than it use to.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 pm

You are interested in making web comics? Please don't take this the wrong way but I am surprised you have not already with the time you spend here. Everyone here knows you to some extent. I get the impression that the site had much more traffic a few years ago. A few very good artists who don't seam to frequent as much. And I have seen a couple of people around the art section who are very talented. Did you never maybe want to pursue a project in the past? I guess you just seemed like the kind of person who, if there were something they wanted to do, they would go ahead and do it. I had wondered why you never mentioned it before.

You seem to know BeeAre fairly well and you two have something in common, I'm sure he would have been interested in your ideas. I understand it would take some work and you are probably really very busy so I guess that sometimes there is just no time to do everything you want to do. That was in no way a criticism, I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 pm

I'd like to do a web comic, even here would be cool.

But Ari, I suck at drawing stuff. I don't even know how to color and I still need to master a lot more elements of drawing before I'm comfortable enough to attempt to do a comic page. Like background and perspective need some serious tlc from me. And hair. And faces.

I guess I could do what BR does and be the writer/editor for someone.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 pm

That's what I meant. You like writing, You are pretty well known. You could have perhaps mad an artist wanted post back when the site had a little more traffic. I also thought since you know BeeAre, he would probably be interested if you said you had a project idea.

Postby Tuor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:48 am

I'm also part of a hockey forum and a history forum, to chime in on the whole forums subject
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Numa430 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes, i had a lot of fun with my uncle who took me to this nice chinese restrant.
The meal was delicous and we had six plates worth of food!
They even gave me a present for a $5 dollar gift card when we paid the bill :)
Under the bed

Postby Mir@k » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Birdofterror wrote:IWhy do you ask?
Because i feel lonely most of the time in this place and i'd like to move out somewhere with more activity.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm

I also have a FIM account (just the fics I planned for it are still in production). I'd also like to do web comics, but I suck at drawing so I ask people if they want to help me or not.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:I also have a FIM account (just the fics I planned for it are still in production).

Really? What is it?

Also, if you need editing/proofreading help of those stories, just ask. I even do idea bouncing.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:38 pm

It is too bad there is not a website where people can pitch story ideas and illustrators can offer to work on them. And by "Too bad there isn't" I am really hoping someone corrects me.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 pm

You know, Millo has done a couple of 'Ask Me' drawings. You can just go to your thread, or any of the general chats in the forums and ask.

You could even ask the Literature Section. The few story tellers there can bounce ideas around, and you can pick out what you like.

As for actual sites, you can go to pretty much any kind of site with people posting their art and writing.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
ULTRADJ wrote:I also have a FIM account (just the fics I planned for it are still in production).

Really? What is it?

Also, if you need editing/proofreading help of those stories, just ask. I even do idea bouncing.

It's basically the same name as here (I like to use ULTRADJ for a lot of things if I can, dunno why, just like the sound of it I guess) And sure, I'd like a proof reader and a person to bounce ideas around. I'll talk to you more on FIM Fic.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 am

I've been helping Birdofterror with his story for sometime now, and I've really enjoyed it. But I've always wanted to expand my horizons, and do other stories as well. I've sorta wanted to try writing or at least co-writing for a web comic.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)