The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:50 am

Okay, this has been really bugging me lately. I love Grim Tales, I really do, over time I've grown to dislike it a little as well, due to some aspects. Like, for one, all the heroes are dead, really? That seems highly unlikely since it's a crossover with like, over 100 heroes and counting, and since it's the future, they would've gotten pretty damn strong. I want to know, does anyone know that this story will have a happy ending? Like, all the heroes getting revived and the earth returning to peace once again, or something to that effect? The reason I'm still reading it is because I still like it some and well, I've come this far in reading it, why stop now? If a happy ending doesn't occur at least somewhat, it will be a very depressing comic and story that doesn't make sense for the most part. Please give me something that will make me feel a little better at least.
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:04 am

First off, this matter would have best been left to the Prediction/Blog Thread. I too would like to know about what the fuck happened to the heroes, and the world of the living for that matter, so believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. They pulled something very dramatic and gripping, yet they won't go back to it. So far only a few characters have been confirmed dead. It's been confirmed that someone/someones survived that event, in a statement made by BeeAre.

BeeAre wrote:It's interesting to think of what is happening in GT's non-underworld plane of reality. Who's still alive, for instance. Mandy's got an unwitting accomplice. :0)

So with that we can safely assume at least one person's still alive and kickin'.

I'm not too fond of the idea of everyone all of a sudden just coming back to life, seems like very shitty writing if you ask me. However, the idea of one or two of the dead heroes' disembodied souls making an appearance in the comic would be okay. I for one would really, really REALLY like it if there were surviving offspring of the heroes. Like if Buttercup and/or Bubbles also had children of there own, and those children are still alive, and carrying on the name of the heroes we know and love so much. However Bleed seems hell bent on avoiding the this matter at all costs. I've often wondered if he has even thought this far ahead.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 am

Ultra, try to think outside the box a bit more.
ULTRADJ wrote:That seems highly unlikely since it's a crossover with like, over 100 heroes and counting, and since it's the future, they would've gotten pretty damn strong.
This goes for all the villains as well.

As for the happy ending thing, I'd personally prefer not, at least not your definition. Just personal preference, but I like my dead characters to remain dead, unless the revival is REALLY well done.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:16 am

I think if the revival is done really well, it could happen. But I do not know what Bleed has planned for the story. And good point Tenshi, I forgot about that there are also 100+ villains with the heroes as well. I just want a reasonable explanation on what happened and why. I guess it maybe my impatience coming up again.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 pm

You're going to have to get used to it. :c
Questions surrounding that topic have been asked for years.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby James_4 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 am

Thanks for the post!
I AM BANNED

Postby Exodis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:42 am

... who are you?
Also, good job reviving this thread.
The Kid

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:28 am

Exodis wrote:... who are you?
A Bot I presume.

I haven't seen one in a while.
Exodis wrote:Also, good job reviving this thread.
We must now find a suitable topic of discussion.

Let's talk about snails.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:51 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Exodis wrote:... who are you?
A Bot I presume.

I'm not sure if this one is a bot.... Yet. We must wait until it's ripe for the kill.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 am

He's already dead
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:43 am

It posted a handbag link elsewhere.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiryu » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 am

Question is... How are bots popping up again?
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:11 am

The last couple bots I remember seemed to have had a normalish post, followed by the advertisement post in a different thread.

Maybe they're getting smarter.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 am

It's skynet

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Exodis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Duh-duh-du-duh-duh...
The Kid

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:47 pm

So, a small disagreement in the Update Sect, regarding fanfiction. I'll just drag it here.

I think it's perfectly fine to expect certain results from fanfiction. I can't think of a single reason for why I shouldn't.
Note: Just because most are bad, doesn't mean standards for should be lowered.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Were you talking to me?

I only read good fanfics because when I search for them I look for the most favored or based on recomendation. If a fanfic is not good after the first chapter or two then I don't Finnish
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:10 pm

I didn't specify you :p

Also, there's a few people discussing it. I'm talking to anyone that thinks that fanfics should be expected to be bad.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was busy leaning all about the wonders of the land snail. Fascinating really.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:34 pm

Indeed. It is quite the wondrous animal.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Not frogs though..... I may never look at frogs the same way again.....
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Glad to see people taking an interest in the land snail.

But on this newer topic, I couldn't agree more. Just because 90% of all fanfictions are mindless flings that special-snowflake teenagers write down in a fit of creative premature ejaculation doesn't mean that actual works that take time and effort should have a lower standard. There are fanfictions that are good, even if the source material is bad, or maybe with less hyperbole, "better" than the source material.

And if it gets big enough, you can just CUT all the source material and call it "not" a fanfiction and sell it off like that. Like 50 Shades of Gray.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I think it's perfectly fine to expect certain results from fanfiction. I can't think of a single reason for why I shouldn't.
Note: Just because most are bad, doesn't mean standards for should be lowered.

So my fanfictions suck and people have a lower expectation for me and my work because I create them. People can think and believe less of me because my stories are classified as fanfiction. Apparently I'm not good enough for those standards of professional writers and can't deliver the same or better enjoyment than Harry Potter.

Do you see where I'm going with that, Tenshi?

The issue is going into any story at all with any expectation. You are casting judgement on a work before properly assessing its value.

You must give value and judgement to the skill of the creator, and not the topic or class of the story. As I said in that update thread, that doesn't count your interest level. Just because something doesn't interest you, doesn't mean it sucks.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Guardian wrote:So my fanfictions suck and people have a lower expectation for me and my work because I create them. People can think and believe less of me because my stories are classified as fanfiction. Apparently I'm not good enough for those standards of professional writers and can't deliver the same or better enjoyment than Harry Potter.
I think he means (Or at least this is how I percieve it as) Compare Fanfictions to Good Fanfictions, not ALL Fanfictions.

Otherwise a Fanfiction that would normally be mid-tier is now top-tier without any additional work. At least, that's what I think he means. I could be wrong. :?
Guardian wrote:You must give value and judgement to the skill of the creator, and not the topic or class of the story. As I said in that update thread, that doesn't count your interest level. Just because something doesn't interest you, doesn't mean it sucks.
I couldn't agree more. Like with your story. I like the story itself, but I'm not too fluent with the source material, so ALL I have to bank on is your personal spin. It's a good thing too, because since I am not familiar with the Source, your story is 100% fresh and new to me... providing a rather unique experience.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:11 pm

@Blood
I know the difference between interests and quality.
I meant it with the context from there. It was mentioned that one should expect fanfics to be of lower quality.
It's difficult for me to not expect a certain amount of quality, but I think it'd more accurate to say I expect them to not do certain things.

As an example, for fanfics, I expect it to keep canon character traits intact.
There are exceptions, but attempting to outline exactly what I mean would take a lot of time.

@Bird
Sort of :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)