The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:23 pm

I like to think of it as an opportunity. Maybe if I ever learn how to draw, or work with someone that does. A comic can be born worthy enough to present to Snafu, and we can watch as it grows. c:

Course, who knows how long it may be before someone does. Tomorrow, years from now. There's someone waiting...somewhere.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:32 pm

You have an idea for a snafu comic, Tenshi?
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I have ideas for a lot of things, if we're going for something that focuses more to Snafu's taste, trial and error would be required.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm

And a certain degree of skill with a insane amount of luck.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 pm

The skill can be bypassed with experience, and improvements.
The luck can be bypassed with tasteful persistence.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:04 pm

That sounds like something off of one of those lame office motivational posters, haha
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm filled with them. Natural given talent quirk.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Eh? You mean a SNAFU STORY or just a story that's alot alike the ones on snafu?
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The skill can be bypassed with experience, and improvements.
The luck can be bypassed with tasteful persistence.
You are forgetting one thing. Confidence. No substitute. And krest, by snafu comic I meant a comic that would appeal to the people on snafu.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:48 pm

A story. That satisfies the community of Snafu. If I put my mind to it, it wouldn't be that hard to create a story based off Snafu. It'd be told from this...'generation' of Snafu people, with many mentions of the great golden age, the wars and battles, users old and forgotten, users still kicking and preceded by reputation only.

This is going to be on my mind now -_-
I'll make something random, people should throw out ideas to help me c:
Should we have powers? Techniques? Old fashion steel? Modern/future tech? I tend to get bored when just sticking to a normal story without any action or drama. :p

@ari
I have the confidence in my stories, just not in my way of expressing it through text, or through my own drawings. Someone's art besides mine, maybe. Right now I'm attempting to write a Minecraft based story, putting off my own OC. I still don't like doing it through text though, I have to force my actions scenes to be simple so they don't take pages of detail.
I've been told vocally telling my stories is good.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:01 pm

A story based off Snafu? Sounds like that one comic of Fummo's.

If you do it, for the love of all that is still good in this world, please don't use your present tense.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:46 pm

If you do it, for the love of all that is still good in this world, make "DAMNIT, SHADOW NERD!" a running gag.

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Make my character design like Kamina.

Srsly, though... Why not make it look like the DeviantArt comic - just everything is Snafu'd.

"You've been Snafu'd." Nice.

That way people can be expressed through a variety of genres.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm

I wouldn't call it the Deviantart comic. That makes it sound official. Also, Tenshi, is this something you are seriously considering or just something the conversation brought you to, to be forgotten later?

Who do you pitch an idea to for a snafu comic, anyway? Or does it work by, first creating a comic series, then moving to snafu? What did Endling do?

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Serious, I'd love to a part of such a project. Why?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:31 pm

ari-6 wrote:Or does it work by, first creating a comic series, then moving to snafu?

I'd love to see that happen to my story. If not, oh well.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:07 pm

All I know is that you have to be noticed and a offer extended. Sometimes you were already doing stuff, like Alex with the Bunnywith comic, or its your first gig, like I suspect with Bleedman or even with Skull-Boy.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Hmmm, so do you want to do all of it yourself Tenshi? Or just handle one part...and which part, if so?

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Most likely as a writer, since he said himself that he has no confidence in his drawing skills.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Yea...my drawing skills are limited to impressive stick figures. I love making up random stories, the ones I like end up growing. If anyone's interested, my sig is my Lit thread. My 'The Order' story is one I take great pride in, but I haven't actually shared too much of it, just bits and pieces of the world, I started it around 6 years ago, and since I've rewritten twice. The only thing I'm working on atm, is a Minecraft based story, trying to update it more often, but issues here and there, describing scenes, rewriting battle bcuz they stretch too long.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Hmmm... Looks like I can't help you, then. Creative Writing is my strong suit but you've got that covered.

Postby Cerulean » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:A story. That satisfies the community of Snafu. If I put my mind to it, it wouldn't be that hard to create a story based off Snafu. It'd be told from this...'generation' of Snafu people, with many mentions of the great golden age, the wars and battles, users old and forgotten, users still kicking and preceded by reputation only.

This sounds interesting Tenshi. Do you have a setting in mind already (would the world simply be called Snafu or do you have another name for the world? Would each sub forum be represented as a different district in the world?)?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Honestly I am not sure about basing a comic on Snafu. One of the problems I can see is it would pretty much be made of references. If someone does not get the reference, they likely would not enjoy it as much.
What would the setting be? Would there be an overall story or would it be a gag comic?
Any humor comes from characters based on real people. You would have to be very careful to make sure you were not offending anyone.
If the characters were based on the members the character designs would need to represent them in a way that meant they could undoubtedly be identified by everyone easily. How would you do that? Would you base it on there avatar? What about people who change there avatars often? There is no way you could base the designs of of there appearance in real life.
And if the comic did become something that every user could agree was awesome, would it be able to pull in a new audience? How could it appeal to those who just come for the comics?

This is just my honest opinion and honestly I hope I am wrong. I do not wish to sound negative. And I do not doubt your abilities as a writer but if you were serious about this then these are things to address.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:11 pm

I get it, which is why I mentioned the Minecraft story a few times. A story that must be interesting to the new an old, a story that's interesting but includes all the fun inside jokes. There's a reason I mentioned it'd be in the view of the more current 'generation' those that have joined recently, since that's my view point, and where I can get the most information from.

Artistic value? I've mentioned, mine is below average, if it ever becomes necessary, I'll ask what their original avatars were, maybe their second, or just one they find most memorable. Example, a character representing me would look like the fine and sexy Nigel Star. As for personalities, it's a work of fiction, I won't cross lines, if anyone feels I have, I'll discuss something, if they don't approve, I could edit it out, but this is all perspective, meaning, this is how we see you. Really shouldn't care too much, but if they do, there's hundreds, thousands of users.

The story elements themselves are still blurred. I was thinking clans, since countries would create a lot of travel time. Ofc, there will be those that haven't chosen. Snafu, being the named of the world is a thought that hasn't occurred to me, I was thinking of making that a city name. Those that bring links from other sites often, can be traders and travelers. I still want to incorporate powers, since my Minecraft story is already medieval-ish.

Edit: I think I covered the questions given
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:18 pm

I'd say make it a bit like CCC - The City of Adventure (the webcomic). The city is meant to be endless and the story shifts between different characters at different times, even though they eventually all know each other.

You could make your character the first protagonist and move on from there.

As for character looks, we need some kind of model - whether we have an interactive program based on the design you want for the characters or the characters are submitted to you with their own design - which you can transfer.

I'll submit more thorough ideas through PM, but I want everyone to see this on the thread for their opinions.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)