The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Sigment » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 pm

"Somehow... 'I told you so'... just doesn't quite say it..."
One of my favorite movie quotes ever.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Numa430 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Guess who is going this september :D
Under the bed

Postby Mir@k » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 am

The more i spend time on this forum the more i record people's quirks in my mind. Like numa for example makes posts that seem to give this aura of "get excited, everyone", but ultimately fail because this is a global forum and thus most people don't even know wtf
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 am

Are there anyone's quirks that bring a smile to your face? Like 'that guy' you just love to see post? There are a couple people here who's posts I am naturally drawn to whose posts catch my eye before other people's.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Exodis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 pm

That looks ridiculous Numa, but go for whatever makes you happy.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Are there anyone's quirks that bring a smile to your face? Like 'that guy' you just love to see post? There are a couple people here who's posts I am naturally drawn to whose posts catch my eye before other people's.

I love sarcastic posts, and I mean the good ones.

There use to be people that I naturally would pause and read what they wrote because I knew them and we interacted a lot on the sitem in other words, those that use to be in the EA section.

Now, I read or at least skim through everyone's posts. There are still a few people that I watch when they post, but not because I enjoy what they usually post, if you catch my drift.

More often though, I pay attention to threads that catch my interest.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 am

Blood Lord wrote:I love sarcastic posts, and I mean the good ones.

Yeah, but sometimes, it's kinda hard to tell when someone being sarcastic through a text post. Do to the fact that you can't add a sarcastic tone to text.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:38 am

Havoc wrote:Yeah, but sometimes, it's kinda hard to tell when someone being sarcastic through a text post. Do to the fact that you can't add a sarcastic tone to text.
Nine times out of ten, I have the same problem. Though there are people that if you get to know them well enough you can tell when they're being sarcastic.

It is a lot harder to convey sarcasm without tone, that much is true. Hell, when some people are sarcastic all the time I find it harder to find people who are being "serious" in text.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:02 am

I definitely find it difficult.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Ahh. Interesting to see the Bleed update pages like six topics below everything else.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:26 pm

I've honestly considered stopping posting in this part of the section for the updates and instead going to the automatic updates.

The collective I.Q. may drop a few points, but it's hard to argue with sheer numbers and continued conversation.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't see how IQ would drop or raise with someone's absence.
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Ahh. Interesting to see the Bleed update pages like six topics below everything else.

ten if you count the stickies. Seriously, if anyone would like to post in it, and bump it back up, feel free to do so. I can't because I was the last one to post in it.

Birdofterror wrote:I've honestly considered stopping posting in this part of the section for the updates and instead going to the automatic updates.

Yeah it's a little sad. I'm still going to post them/post in them in the Bleed section, regardless. I wonder why this is? Has the website just hit a slow point?

Birdofterror wrote:The collective I.Q. may drop a few points, but it's hard to argue with sheer numbers and continued conversation.

It really comes down to a matter of quantity or quality. There are more posts there, but a lot of them have zero thought behind them.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I don't see how IQ would drop or raise with someone's absence.

I think he's referring to shit such as:

Image It's time for Blossom and Buttercup vs. Bell and Sam. This is about to go intense and all out.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I don't see how IQ would drop or raise with someone's absence.

News Section is regarded as being full of idiots and the Bleed Section of more intellectual conversations. Thus the more intellectual conversations will sharpen your mind and skills, where as the News Section was like sticking a knife intro the dirt, it just dulls it.

Havoc wrote: Seriously, if anyone would like to post in it, and bump it back up, feel free to do so. I can't because I was the last one to post in it.

I would, but I got nothing to add.

Havoc wrote:I'm still going to post them/post in them in the Bleed section, regardless. I wonder why this is? Has the website just hit a slow point?

It goes in waves. The life of the site, imho, is doing better now then it use to, but it is still bound by comic updates. The more we have, the more frequent they are, and the more interesting they are, the higher the activity rate is.

When I joined we went through maybe, two pages or more in a update thread because it was that interesting to talk about then.

Havoc wrote:I think he's referring to shit such as:

I will never understand shadownerd221
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Blood Lord wrote:It goes in waves. The life of the site, imho, is doing better now then it use to, but it is still bound by comic updates. The more we have, the more frequent they are, and the more interesting they are, the higher the activity rate is.

When I joined we went through maybe, two pages or more in a update thread because it was that interesting to talk about then.

I see. So what you're saying is that, the forums have their ups and downs, and right now we've just hit a bit of a "recession" as one could call it, do the the stagnation of most of the comic updates, correct? And what did you mean by "two pages or more in a update thread"? You mean the discussions would fill up two pages, or you post multiple pages in a single update tread?

Blood Lord wrote:I will never understand shadownerd221

Me neither. Is it just me, or does that guys avatar fit him way too well? Just that clueless, air-headed smile that number 2 has, seem to fit everyone of his posts.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm

Havoc wrote:So what you're saying is that, the forums have their ups and downs, and right now we've just hit a bit of a "recession" as one could call it, do the the stagnation of most of the comic updates, correct?

yus

Some of it can depend on the period of year as well. Summer has a lower membership count because more people are outside doing things, and the closer we get to winter seasons, the more people we have on due sometimes to weather and or being in school.

Like if we get a PpGD followed within a week by a GT update, you'll see a rise in activity levels. I don't think this little recession is as bad as the other ones have been because I see more people sticking around for different things now than just the comics.

Havoc wrote: And what did you mean by "two pages or more in a update thread"? You mean the discussions would fill up two pages, or you post multiple pages in a single update tread?

In a single day the update thread would gain two or more pages of good discussion. The page count in the threads would number usually in the high teens to mid thirties.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 pm

Havoc wrote:I see. So what you're saying is that, the forums have their ups and downs, and right now we've just hit a bit of a "recession" as one could call it, do the the stagnation of most of the comic updates, correct?
Blood Lord wrote:yus

Some of it can depend on the period of year as well. Summer has a lower membership count because more people are outside doing things, and the closer we get to winter seasons, the more people we have on due sometimes to weather and or being in school.
We're "still" in a recession? That's lame. I thought it was all fixed a couple months ago, we had a good surge and the Bleed/Spam sections were looking Healthy. I guess that's summer for ya... if nothing else it seems to prove your point well enough.
Blood Lord wrote:In a single day the update thread would gain two or more pages of good discussion. The page count in the threads would number usually in the high teens to mid thirties.
I saw one reach like 9 pages in the Bleed section once. I only just now started paying attention to the updates section, I imagine it could potentially get much higher there.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:38 pm

I think so as well because we are posting more in that section than this one.
Mercypostle

Postby Mir@k » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Bleedman should do another controversial kind of comic page to reel in the saucy publicity.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

You mean like the 9/11 page he did? What about the whole relationship between Chi and Mimi. Isn't that sorta was you're talking about?

Also what the fuck happened to the Global Rules?

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:50 pm

No more rules.

Anarchy reigns.

Where have you been, man?

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Moderators are now placed in charge of interpreting things as they see fit. Our word is law.

BR probably deleted it on accident as they've been dealing with the dick girl threads popping up all over spam.

The Rules are still in effect though.
Mercypostle

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Wait, wait, wait! WHAT!?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Link, please.
Screenshots, anything.
Rocks

Postby Mir@k » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:24 pm

You guys should just like, visit spam instead of asking here.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)