The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Bleedthread - Official Forum Lounge.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Yes. We need to have the explosion happen (again) and move past it into what happened, before some of them return. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some old faces popping up after the explosion. But for now the focus is on the girls and that bomb. We know a little bit from events that happened on Dexter's side that Buttercup, Bell, Blossom, and Samantha are most likely the only ones down there when the bomb goes off (not counting the MIB agent since he really isn't that far down there). The same page also tells us that Sam doesn't make it out. I'm not completely sure what sort of system Dexter is using to get these readings; if he is using power levels, life form detection, size detection, etc.

Postby Bk-o » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Is anyone else just not that invested in the characters anymore? I feel like there's a lot more inane action and less development between chars now.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 pm

oh sorry, do you want character development during a fast-paced struggle for their lives?

there's been an adequate amount for the action that's happened.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Bk-o » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:04 pm

True, but that was all like, 5 years ago : (

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Bk-o wrote:Is anyone else just not that invested in the characters anymore? I feel like there's a lot more inane action and less development between chars now.

There is a lot of stuff happening right now. PpGD has been in a fight for two years, SB is just recovering from theirs and GT is on a Mimi hype. I think some character development could be happening soon... like a few months.

Postby Bk-o » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 am

Blood Archon wrote:PpGD has been in a fight for two years
This was my main concern. But I gotta say I'm surprised at how consistently Bleedman has been updating past couple of years. Although he is only writing 2/3 of the comics he's currently drawing.

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 am

Bk-o wrote:Is anyone else just not that invested in the characters anymore? I feel like there's a lot more inane action and less development between chars now.

If you're talking about PPGD, I'm still very invested in the characters.
Although I admit that there's not a ton of it, there's still some character development going on during the action scenes.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Bk-o wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:PpGD has been in a fight for two years
This was my main concern. But I gotta say I'm surprised at how consistently Bleedman has been updating past couple of years. Although he is only writing 2/3 of the comics he's currently drawing.

Agreed with both. At least he stay's somewhat consistent.

Postby Maru » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Anyone else fucking hyped for    Demongo   ?
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Havoc » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm

If this page is for real, than yeah. But don't get your hopes up just yet, this could just be an April Fools joke. :c
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Maru » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, we did get PowerPuff Ponies Doujinshi a while back...
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 am

That's a pretty gay joke, which makes it pretty good. give two fake pages and a third page that could be serious, only to find out that it also was a joke. There lies the real joke.

There are going to be so many confused newbs out there if the page is false.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Looking at the GT comic, I'm still suprised that nobody has attemted to get revenge on HIM. Because a post apocalyptic wasteland is the sort of enviorment that would encourage a character to avenge his/her home, friends, and family. I'm expecting a character like Jack or even Bubbles (due to her ability to have a sort of rage mode when provoked far enough) to go knee deep into the underworld for revenge.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Looking at the GT comic, I'm still suprised that nobody has attemted to get revenge on HIM. Because a post apocalyptic wasteland is the sort of enviorment that would encourage a character to avenge his/her home, friends, and family. I'm expecting a character like Jack or even Bubbles (due to her ability to have a sort of rage mode when provoked far enough) to go knee deep into the underworld for revenge.

You and I think alike. :mrgreen:
I was thinking one of the other PPG kids (if there are any) might take a trip to the underworld to kill Him for revenge (rather or not their mother's are still alive or not, would play a key factor in this), working along side Junior and/or Minnie in order to achieve this goal. Jack has that magical sword, so it'd make sense for him to go and tryin' fight Him. I think Buttercup would be the most likely to try to take Him on, given her reckless behavior. However I like your idea of Bubbles going bat-shit crazy for revenge.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:29 am

There hasn't been any mentions of an attempt for revenge so far in the comic. If there is going to be any attempt from the surface for vengence and to end the threat of Him's very precence once and for all, It's likely to be this chapter. Because this chapter seems to be the one that everyone in the comic wants to kill Him.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Well, Him did some bad shit- that's true, but Mimi doesn't seem capable of anger beyond the primal instinct to defend herself- or that one time she threw something at Him to Protect Junior.

Alternatively, other than Junior, I don't think anyone else would have a motive to kill Him either. Hell, Minnie died completely outside of that entire cycle before anyone even knew what Him was up to. The only reason Him had any reason to even get involved in any of the Main Characters' affairs was when Minnie's soul was lost and wandered into his domain.

In which case he has every right to be pissed, but I wouldn't put a Hit on him for it. After all, we have seen multiple times that he's capable of empathy too. I don't think we have enough information on Him's intentions to call for his blood yet. Besides, this next chapter seems more about Aku than Him, but if he WAS involved, it's likely HIM the one who wants revenge, because you know- Mimi and all of that.

Just saying.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Why are we getting so many weird couples in the GT comic? Theres Junior and Minnie (brother and sister), Blossom and Aku, now a possible Chi and Mimi (half sisters possibly). I don't quite understand why are the strangest ones are the most popular, I don't even understand why they would be in love in the first place.

PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm

*shurgs* I dunno man.

Has anyone here seen the new GI Joe?

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:07 am

The movie or the show?

I'm not sure why I bothered trying to specify, for both answers: No.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Fievel » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:09 am

I didn't even know there was a movie.
Offended.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

They made GI Joe: Retaliation after the first one was a disaster. It has the Rock and Bruce Willis in it, as well as a redesigned Corbra Commander when compared to the first movie.

In short, it was better than the first one but there were issues I had with it that would cause me to avoid seeing it again.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 am

so i was fiddling around with character idea's in my head for a*Grim Tales fan chapter* and i want to get your opinion on something.
* This is in no way to associate with Bleedman or the comic, these are ideas to be solely used for a possible fan based chapter*

ok so i was thinking of making a introductory chapter for a character who's able to use his blood as a armor and arsenal and ends up meeting Jr and Minnie and ends up becoming friends with them but i don't want to give the character too much of a Deadman Wonderland feel to him and i'd like to give him a personality where deep down he knows he can't trust anyone but himself but gives the appearance that he does.

Idk but I'd appreciate the help to sort out my ideas so i can try and get this project rolling
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I notice Creed's a Ass Creed fan.

FUCK ASSASINS CREED.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:45 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:So* I* was fiddling around with character ideas* in my head for a Grim Tales fan chapter and I* want to get your opinion on something.
Hmm. Well this isn't really the place to discuss such a thing, maybe in the Literature forum, or your own thread in this section of the forum? But- while I'm already typing this I could give my two cents on your idea.
CrimsonCreed wrote:ok so I* was thinking of making an* introductory chapter for a character who's able to use his blood as an* armor
Not a bad power to have, but kind of specific. I take it he could also make 'weapons' out of blood as well? Perhaps swing his blood out of his body as a kind of projectile?
CrimsonCreed wrote:and ends up meeting Jr and Minnie and ends up becoming friends with them
Well, do they need each other? Does this character need Junior and Minnie? Do Junior and Minnie need this character? Is it a mutually beneficial relationship or is it just one that happens for no other reason?
CrimsonCreed wrote:I'd* like to give him a personality where deep down he knows he can't trust anyone but himself but gives the appearance that he does.
Well, has be been betrayed somewhere down the road? Is there a reason he can't trust anyone? Has this character had a hard life of love and loss?

If you need help with your character we can exchange some PM's, because past this post I'm not sure if it qualifies for this specific thread, you know?
Tom E. Gemcity wrote:FUCK ASSASINS CREED.
Language bro. Language. Use your inside voice.

Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:57 am

more like fuck the third and also revelations for removing all manner of decent option custimization.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)