New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:huh, never thought much of that, good catch. now will her powers act on it's own to try and return to her? or will it seek out a new host?

I'm not exactly sure on the sentience of the demon symbiote. It could have ties with Mimi, or controlled by her to an extent. We see that it was completely inactive as a scarf and only sprang up when the trap was released. Somehow it knew to bind, either inteligently waiting for the right time, waiting for a signal to spring into motion, or guided towards Mimi. She at that point seemed to resist it and was uncomfortable possibly painful for her.

But on the other hand, it acted vigoriously when Minnie approached it with strong negative emotions.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=196

So is it smart enough to know its own host and possibly choose another, or is it attracted to negative emotions, or is it controlled completely by Him?

Interesting question you presented there, Javetts.

Postby Havoc » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 am

An interesting question indeed. If it did find a new host, what do you think would happen? Do you think the host would lose there free will, do you think it would give whoever it possesses some kind of power?

What if it chose Minnie as its new host?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 am

Unless the symbiote wanted to protect Jeff from Him at its own risk, losing one's free will doesn't seem like an issue. Attracted by negative emotions seems most likely. It is Him's schtik.

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:46 am

I think the symbiote, like Carnage, can change shape and retain that shape to imitate objects or weapons to defend itself when it is not bonded to a host.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Is it possible that the being responsible for Mimi's powers would react the same way as the Nergal powers Minnie gave to Junior?
Once they were separate from Minnie, and fused to a very sad Junior, they seemed to take control and move about on their own will. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=65
And here: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=131

So maybe it'd be the same? Sorry if this has already been brought up ^^ll
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Just for a reminder, I'm stating opinion and not law.

PP-Grim1013 wrote:So maybe it'd be the same? Sorry if this has already been brought up ^^ll

Nope, just getting into it.

Havoc751 wrote:If it did find a new host, what do you think would happen? Do you think the host would lose there free will, do you think it would give whoever it possesses some kind of power?

I'm going to slightly disagree with Bio and go with what PP-Grim1013 on this one. So I'm going to reffer to that post in this one.

If we recall with the event of the Nergal symbiote, it took over once it realized that Jr wasn't strong enough to control it. His depressed state was the one that accelerated that. We have thus far seen that the Nergal symbiote does have its own will/mind/sentience, but the same cannot be said for the one that Mimi has. Although we do see in the comic that it is capable of some intelligence as it was mocking Grim and Pain, and was thought to be an attempt to escape.

I don't think it would go so far as the Nergal one did with Jr, but I do think that Mimi's demon-enhancer will amplify the emotions showed. I don't have anything clear cut on this, but that Mimi has a huge mastery, or complete numbness over her emotions. I suspect if it did merge with Minnie, that her rage would be amplified.

I'm curious to see what happened to Mimi when she was first exposed to that demon part.

I would have to do some checking up on this, but what if that symbiote was part of Mimi and not Him? That it originally belonged to her and was removed sometime after her birth?

Spartan117 wrote:I think the symbiote, like Carnage, can change shape and retain that shape to imitate objects or weapons to defend itself when it is not bonded to a host.

I don't know about weapons, but I was thinking something similar to Venom or Carnage in terms of symbiotic abilities and binding.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 pm

i have to wonder what would happen if Junior was the one merged with the symbiote i have to think that would make an interesting twist seeing as he has the Nergal demon merged with him
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Junior would GM... My opinion :?
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 am

Yeah. Or die.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:46 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:i have to wonder what would happen if Junior was the one merged with the symbiote i have to think that would make an interesting twist seeing as he has the Nergal demon merged with him

Plot wise, I think that would be a little excessive.
I'm gonna go with Blood and say, yeah I'd probably kill him. He barely survived the Nergal powers by itself.

Blood Archon wrote:I would have to do some checking up on this, but what if that symbiote was part of Mimi and not Him? That it originally belonged to her and was removed sometime after her birth?

That's an interesting theory, but if this were true, wouldn't that mean Mimi would have been born with claws, and they would have had to cut them off, and replace them with human hands?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)