New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Numa430 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 am

Image

Well there you go guys, guess we got a meme on our hands..
Under the bed
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: Your childhood
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby achthenuts » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:48 am

I must say that was fast & quick ending.
Image
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: Malaysia
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:53 am

Ok seriously i don't think Raven is dead i mean yeah she transported herself and Hoss away from everyone with a nuke in tow to try and kill Him but when you think about who Raven is and where she comes from... i just gotta have my doubts about her actually being dead.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 am

The demons on the left seems to aprove of this.

And the demons on the right seems to have a rape face.
Last edited by Tuor on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put these two posts together, double posting is frowned upon, in the future try to remember to just edit your original post if you have more to say :)
Image
Not Space Jesus
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Self-Exile, need to be gone for a while
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:35 am

first time posting, long time reader.

so besides the obvious awesomeness of this, does that mean we'll get back to the grim family? love Mimi the most and all, but really want to see more Minnie vs Mimi over Jr. and of course the returning to save Jeff that Jr. promised
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 am

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:first time posting, long time reader.

so besides the obvious awesomeness of this, does that mean we'll get back to the grim family? love Mimi the most and all, but really want to see more Minnie vs Mimi over Jr. and of course the returning to save Jeff that Jr. promised


more or less so this series seems to involve alot of back tracking so that everyone has a story to tell and such but honestly i can't wait either for the Minnie vs Mimi brawl over Jr.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 am

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:first time posting, long time reader.

so besides the obvious awesomeness of this, does that mean we'll get back to the grim family? love Mimi the most and all, but really want to see more Minnie vs Mimi over Jr. and of course the returning to save Jeff that Jr. promised

Welcome to the forums!
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18463
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 am

Tuor wrote:Welcome to the forums!

appreciate the warm welcome, i originally saw snafu early last year, but didn't think much of it. checked new pages once a month and soon i started checking daily. always excited for a new page to PPG or GT, though a friend said sugar bits was also a good read (the name made me think otherwise, but damned if it isn't great too).

... so what are those demons? are there just a bunch of them hang'n in HIM's place? are they like HIM or is there a distinction between them and HIM?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:34 am

This page won't be funny in five years.

But on a better note, I'm glad we finally came to an end to this giant sub-story. We now know the origin and the reason behind the thing on her head.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 am

Birdofterror wrote:This page won't be funny in five years.

But on a better note, I'm glad we finally came to an end to this giant sub-story. We now know the origin and the reason behind the thing on her head.


I actually found this page to be more badass than funny but yay we finally get to move on
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 am

Birdofterror wrote:This page won't be funny in five years.

Wait. This was funny?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Mir@k » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am

I don't understand where exactly is the humor in this. Also the ending felt rushed... Like, i thought we still had like 1 or 2 pages left giving closure. Hot metal doesn't work that way. Heating it up doesn't give it the qualities of super glue. If anything she should have a circle shaped mark on her forehead.

Something about the pose is off... I don't know if it's the perspective, or i don't know. Also, where the fuck did these demons come from? So random... All in all, i wonder if this was really meant to be the ending. Because demotivational posters were only socially accepted as funny and quirky circa 1998-2001.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Image
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Bandit » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am

Gratuitous splash page!
Fantastic detail. You can tell Bleedman actually put a lot of thought into this picture
This actually reminds me of the scene in "Twilight Princess" in which Link acquires the Master Sword.
Finally, notice how the fire in the background conveys a sort of angelic feel to Mimi.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Mir@k » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 am

You have terrible taste in art.

   Just Kidding! <:D   
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Image
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Important Question:

Has it been confirmed if "Afterbirth" is canon to this comic?
*Castella Sky*
Image
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Equestria
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:Important Question:

Has it been confirmed if "Afterbirth" is canon to this comic?

as i understand it, it isn't. now of course bleedman can always say it is later on. however i find it unlikely. no one writes how it ends and then expects you to care about the story as much after. assume it isn't.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

......

*Goes back and checks the last page*

I think this is just a for-fun page and that there might be one or two last pages.

It's not impossible for it to be the ending, but it's kind of upsetting if it ends on a panel of Mimi's boot.

Anyway, yeah. I do hope this is at least close to over. I miss Minnie and Junior.

......

*Keeps looking at this picture*

.......

Dahyum, bitch be fabulous.

Ah, and I think you were right whoever-quoted-me-on-the-last-thread-I-don't-remember. That really does look just like the casing for where a chakra gem might go.

Unless it's just yellow...

Don't different chakra stones have different meanings? could we have fun interpreting this?
Image
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm
Location: Behind you. Dumbass
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:Important Question:

Has it been confirmed if "Afterbirth" is canon to this comic?

Its no longer considered cannon since it leaked.

Mir@k wrote:I don't understand where exactly is the humor in this. Also the ending felt rushed... Like, i thought we still had like 1 or 2 pages left giving closure. Hot metal doesn't work that way. Heating it up doesn't give it the qualities of super glue. If anything she should have a circle shaped mark on her forehead.

This.

I feel like this should be a joke, but it isn't April fool's yet.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:That really does look just like the casing for where a chakra gem might go.

Unless it's just yellow...

Don't different chakra stones have different meanings? could we have fun interpreting this?

It isn't a chakra gem. Its not even a gem, its just a gold disc. The most we could get into is if Chakra stones even work or if it is just a placebo. IF they really work, lets say they do, we would have to establish what makes a chakra gem and what doesn't. The disc is a piece of gold and it was meant to be a necklace.
Can you turn something into a chakra gem? Well, that goes back to it not really working like that and just having a placebo effect. Anything could be a chakra gem then, if we go by that, thus gems have no power, only in the mind. We didn't see any embedding of power into it.

Chakra stones do have different meanings, according to the color, and I think type used. You'd have to scan though places, because everything I found seem to contradict each other. However, I did find this, and it seems to match close to Mimi. http://0.tqn.com/d/healing/1/0/o/b/1/vi ... chart2.jpg
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Does it bug anyone that the two demons on the left side seem to approve the pose, while the two demons on the right side seem to have a pedo face?
Image
Not Space Jesus
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Self-Exile, need to be gone for a while
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Does it bug anyone that the two demons on the left side seem to approve the pose, while the two demons on the right side seem to have a pedo face?

it's one of the realms of the underworld (not sure which one though). Mimi is practically the Princess of that realm and demons are practically the embodiment of sin itself so it makes sense that the demons on the right are giving Mimi that look of lust.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:30 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Does it bug anyone that the two demons on the left side seem to approve the pose, while the two demons on the right side seem to have a pedo face?

it's one of the realms of the underworld (not sure which one though). Mimi is practically the Princess of that realm and demons are practically the embodiment of sin itself so it makes sense that the demons on the right are giving Mimi that look of lust.

Umm, no. They rule the level of trials and redemption.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=98
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Blood Archon wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Does it bug anyone that the two demons on the left side seem to approve the pose, while the two demons on the right side seem to have a pedo face?

it's one of the realms of the underworld (not sure which one though). Mimi is practically the Princess of that realm and demons are practically the embodiment of sin itself so it makes sense that the demons on the right are giving Mimi that look of lust.

Umm, no. They rule the level of trials and redemption.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=98

so yeah there's layers, and grim layer is 1 and HIM's layer is 2... what is grim's layer for (like how HIM's is for trials and redemption)? is there 7? so what Hudson, Trigon and Aku and who else is in charge?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Well... not really. That's a bit of an assumption. We don't know the order of the levels or the realms within them. Its not likely that every major character has a level. Such as where does Halloween town fit into this? Is it its own level or a realm within one. It could have something to do with Dantes inferno.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm

what the heck is happening here
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Well... not really. That's a bit of an assumption. We don't know the order of the levels or the realms within them. Its not likely that every major character has a level. Such as where does Halloween town fit into this? Is it its own level or a realm within one. It could have something to do with Dantes inferno.

oh okay, though if i hear layered hell with specific purposes and/or uses, i think dante's inferno. seriously though IF that were the case who would the other 2 be? who else is in the same ballpark as Grim, HIM, Hudson, Aku and Trigon?
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 am
Gender: None specified

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests