New GT Playing with yourself

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

New GT Playing with yourself

Postby Teran » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Everyone's favorite character is back!

Also, new rule (from Tuor, and I must agree with him):

To those who enjoy fanservice/scantily clad depictions of underage characters,

I can't stop you from enjoying what you enjoy but I'm going to ask you to not broadcast it, not talk about how excited you are to see a scantily clad child (or the prospect of such). If you want to stick around and talk about other parts of the comic and theories of where the plot (whatever remains of it) may be going, be my guest, but no more of that please.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Re: New GT Playing with yourself

Postby Sigment » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 pm

The only relevant thing in all this was confirmation that the encounter with Skulker actually happened. Feels like another pointless page otherwise.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mcvjjmdm » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Oh delightful, Chi and spelling errors... Oh, and the one Yuri relationship no one supports.
Magical HotDogs
Life is a tarantula

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:51 pm

mcvjjmdm wrote:Oh delightful, Chi and spelling errors... Oh, and the one Yuri relationship no one supports.

lol Your avatar matches your comment so well. Also I didn't catch the spelling errors because I sorta speed-read this page.

Sigment wrote:The only relevant thing in all this was confirmation that the encounter with Skulker actually happened. Feels like another pointless page otherwise.

Kinda disappointing that they just wrote off the ending like they did, but I guess it's for the better. I sorta prefer that they didn't go into another fucking flashback about the matter. I still wonder who hired Skulker and why. Something tells me if you have any thoughts or ideas on the matter, then you're one step ahead of Bleedman.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 am

Sigment wrote:The only relevant thing in all this was confirmation that the encounter with Skulker actually happened. Feels like another pointless page otherwise.
Hmm. I find how the origins of the relationship were rocky to be an interesting little tidbit, how Chi went from cold and dismissive to clingy and needy.

If absolutely nothing else, we can at least take that out of this part, as well as the conclusion to the whole skulker fight.
mcvjjmdm wrote:Oh, and the one Yuri relationship no one supports.
Well I wont speak for anyone else, but at its origin I found it rather intriguing. Only it's been dragged through the mud and beaten to death with pointless diversions that the only way we can progress the story OR their relationship is through one-off side stories.

This part at least told us something about the relationship, even if it keeps the story rooted to the ground like a slowly wilting plant, unlike other pages where neither goes anywhere.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:30 am

Well, we were making a little progress (very little) now we're back to this shit. Yay Chi.

Seeing Chi and Mmi's "origins" of their relationship is boring. But, and I'm not saying we need another flashback, I kinda want to see the fight between Aku and Skulker. It'd be fun to see how angry Aku got and then obliterate Skulker.
Last edited by ULTRADJ on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:48 am

'Playing with yourself'...

I'm so done with this crap.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:39 am

The writer going for that ever highly regarded "Tell don't show" method of story telling. But I guess if the story is really pointless then not showing it is like cutting your losses. Except, to me, it didn't need to be pointless in my opinion. It seems like the only reason it is pointless is because the writer decided it wouldn't be relevant. If it were relevant then it might be interesting but they decided "That flash back at the start that looked interesting, yeah, that's not as important as tedious romantic subplot so forget about it" Did they decide from the beginning it was irrelevant or did they suddenly change there mind? Oh well, all worth it for that hilarious joke.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby AkumaKami64 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:52 pm

When I saw the title, all I could think of was that Halloween page, Not So Minnie, where the Nergal said "Its like playing with myself".

Honestly though, I kind of like this page- or what we learned from it, at least. Chi's love/obsession with Mimi wasn't an instant thing, and Mimi seemed to have always been the one with the initiative in this........relationship. Of course, Chi is now at the point in this obsessive-love that she rewrites past events in her memories to fit her current feelings for Mimi instead of just accepting that she wasn't that nice to her at first.....

....Wait, doesn't that mean that Chi is the relative Junior in this relationship and Mimi is the Minnie?.........Not sure if I like that realization, personally, but both Junior and Chi were the more helpless heirs and Minnie and Mimi were the more......badass ones, I suppose. And now, both are getting powers now that Mimi and Minnie are depowered- Junior from the eye and Chi from getting so upset over Mimi being missing.

Also, I'm guessing HIM hired Skulker to get Mimi in Chi and Aku's good graces, but I can't say for sure that Mimi knew about it before hand.

PS Odd question for all Chi haters and fans. I'm writing a fanfiction that is partially Chi-centered. However, it is almost-literally putting her through Hell, tearing her down and her barely surviving by most of the time. Would reading Chi trying to get through that, being torn down many pegs as she goes, be enjoyable or is anything about Chi unenjoyable for you all? Just curious!
Fanfiction is the honor of working with stories and characters you love, and the joy of making your own version of them. Or, in some cases, fixing all the mistakes of the original authors.

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm just going to assume Aku is heading for the Council meeting now, and then we'll finally, FINALLY get to Chi's freaking infiltration plan. This has been years in the making. I would have preferred not cutting back to Aku City before that, and just have it implied Aku was gone when Chi makes her move, but eh...

Also "Father did finished" Like Jesus, how can you draw/type that without realizing it sounds terrible?

Postby Sigment » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Well, English isn't Bleed's first language (I think...) and NEK's been screwing up as an editor since he first arrived. At this point, "Father did finished" and "salt cover slug" is nothing new. Though, it is stupid.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:15 pm

-reads title-
Hah, wow.
Also, poor Demongo. His abuse shtick is now like beating a dead horse. Wonder if Aku will give him his powers back. One would dream.
No rest for the wicked
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm

I can't be arsed to read all that so I'll just assume none of it was important.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:57 pm

The story isn't actually too bad if one skips some pages and don't read any of the text.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Wait.... Isn't that like the equivalent of saying "The story isn't so bad if you don't read it"?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:34 pm

There's pictures. :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Keiken » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:31 pm

You sir, made me smirk a little :)

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:I'm so done with this crap.

If I had a dollar everytime I had read that... Guess WE are all masochists after all..

About the grammar error...
Well, sincerely I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out, english aint my mein languache ather :mrgreen:
But it kind of makes me wonder how many time is actually invested in the final editing of these..

Also, I find quite interesting how the... what would those be? Noppera-Bo handmaidens?? (please, any captain with a better term? :s) refer to Aku as Chi's mother instead of a father, as Chi does in this page. I don't believe there is any importane to the ploth with this, but still worth noticing..

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Noppera-bo is as good as any term, at least until one of them loses her cool and turns back into a Tanuki

It may be that, to avoid unexpected surprises, the servants are instructed to use female pronouns when Aku is in her female mode, and male when he is in his male.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Keiken » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Wonder if there are any better pronouns in japanese for this kind of "gender neutral" situations...

...A badger would be more appropiate -u- ..

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:28 pm

mujina at that time covered both badgers AND tanuki so both are correct. And lets face it, when people nowadays think of Noppera-bo that are not really Noppera-bo one of the first things that is probably going to come to mind is the first part of Operation:Phantom from Pom Poko. There is NO question those are Tanuki

Same as nowadays while Tanuki technically means raccoon dogs a lot of people will use if for regular raccoons as well (they're different animals). In fact, the confusion is so deep that a lot of Tanuki in art and animation have raccoon traits, like Hachi in Inuyasha. He HAS to be an actual Tanuki (Racoons are native to the Americas, and weren't to be found in Japan until the aftermath of the "Rascal" incident in the 1970's) But he has a North American Raccoon's striped tail (raccoon dog tails have no stripes on them, just a dark tip).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Keiken » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:08 am

Man.. Japanese idioms are hard.. Isnt there some kind of a national language academy equivalent that could just get these in order? :s
I'm getting such a hard time just to understand that the word katana is not exactly equivalent to what we think of as a japanese styled sword.. there are so many... types of "japanese" "blades"... I'm seriously considering learning the entire language just to stop struggling with my training..

But going back to the comic; I'm starting to feel that this page is actually replacing several pages... I mean, Bleed could have spent at least 3 pages staging what happened after the previous flash back, but instead just drawed it as past history.. neh, just a hunch I had. Personally I prefer it this way, since now we can go directly to the Grim Castle's infiltration sequence I have been waiting so much for since last year..

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:25 am

Keiken wrote:But going back to the comic; I'm starting to feel that this page is actually replacing several pages... I mean, Bleed could have spent at least 3 pages staging what happened after the previous flash back, but instead just drawed it as past history.. neh, just a hunch I had.
If this was the case, and it's possible that it IS the case, I would believe it would be a groaning hindrance dressed as a blessing.

That way, Bleedman can fit even more bleedservice in between pages of actual content! I say Bleedservice because it's only fanservice is the fans want or appreciate it, and that is obviously not the case. At least now that the fans aren't allowed, or at least dissuaded to verbally say they like it.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:59 am

It can be done well, but when slapped in your face with poor taste and poor story, meh.

I really wonder what the point of starting the chapter on that flashback was if it had no relevance. It's almost like they had planned for it to be relevant somehow but then decided to drop it. Very disappointing

Postby silvercover » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:10 pm

ari-6 wrote:It can be done well, but when slapped in your face with poor taste and poor story, meh.

I really wonder what the point of starting the chapter on that flashback was if it had no relevance. It's almost like they had planned for it to be relevant somehow but then decided to drop it. Very disappointing

cant be too sure of that, the fact that it is brought up again when it could have been left like it was pages ago may mean, that whoever hired skulker could be still relevant(and it might be HIM who was just setting things up for mimi to be there... iirc, jeff commented how mimi normally doesnt go to places like those).

and of course, im the token minority who likes the page since I like the pairing... I just would have preferred though(like everyone else) that the story would have moved already to the infiltration part.

well perhaps we'll be seeing aku going off into the meeting, and then I hope that chi would start to get moving on so we can advance the story now.
Romance Expert

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:53 pm

I think it's more like the transition from that flashback to development backstory is what's poor. As in, why detail and emphasize something of little value.

Pages and details were spent on those Skulker pages. The first time their relevance is mentioned, it's being treated like an unnecessary detail to the 'more important' past of Chi and Mimi.

Ofc, if those Skulker pages were meant to be fanservice pages, because I do recall a lot of Ghost Zone talks prior those pages, then I'd understand the decision a bit more.
If this is true, it's still done a bit poorly. There needs to be more hints and tugs at Skulker or other ghosts to keep the fans wanting more, rather than the stereotypical himedere Chi.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)