New Powerpuff Girls page - Back to Reality (10/3/2014)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Powerpuff Girls page - Back to Reality (10/3/2014)

Postby silvercover » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:51 am

never thought id be the one to do something like this...

but anyways, im guessing that she initiated the kiss from her and caught dexter(and blossom) by surprise.
otherwise perhaps, while the previous events were true, that particular scene was just her imagination, since beeare says there's symbolism here so maybe the kiss didnt actually happen...

on the other hand, if it was dexter who actually initiated this, well...
Romance Expert

Re: New Powerpuff Girls page - Back to Reality (10/3/2014)

Postby torrasque666 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:51 am

Naw man, Dex did it. Notice her eyes. She's surprised, while you can't see Dexter's eyes. Either they weren't drawn in, or they're closed.

Can't wait for next page. Blossom's probably gon be pissed a bit.

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:36 am

And now the kiss has happened. Welp some will be mad and others will be happy. Some ships will sail or continue to sail while other ships will sink.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Oh gee, this won't be awkward later nor will cause more drama. What else can we sidetrack from the bomb? Maybe we need to see a character tie their shoes before we can get back to the main story.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby Biostar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

The kiss happened two years ago. We knew this was going to be an issue sooner or later.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:19 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Oh gee, this won't be awkward later nor will cause more drama. What else can we sidetrack from the bomb? Maybe we need to see a character tie their shoes before we can get back to the main story.

That probably won't happen. For one thing, except for Olga (maybe) and Sam (again maybe) and Billy (maybe) none of the main characters wear shoes that actually tie.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby chaoticangel97 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:24 pm

At first I was like "So did they just kiss in front of Blossom?" Then I noticed the clothes and realized Olga was just remembering this when they kissed as the bomb went off. Its' been a while since that page came out so I kinda forgot it happened.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I guess I'm done with PPGD. It was nice while it lasted.

Postby Mr.X » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:26 pm

So is Olga and Blossom going to have a rivalry over Dexter now?

Postby Teran » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Mr.X wrote:So is Olga and Blossom going to have a rivalry over Dexter now?

Pretty much, yes.

So are we going to focus again on characters who can't change the outcome of the battle?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Higurashi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh. So it was a flashback. Semi-glad to know it, but it doesn't really seem to change anything. Unless we finally discover what the bomb actually does/did in the following panels.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Wow, what a zany and crazy plot twist!

Can't wait for that love rivalry!
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Well, if we consider the idea that the rewind bomb was supposed to reset people's memories then this speaks to Olga possibly having a unique ability to recall the previous iteration and she may be key to the heroes figuring out what has happened. Of course, this is the first time we've seen the good guys so obviously this ability will fall by the way side for awhile until things start to seem a bit too déjà vu for her. Then she'll start to withdraw because she's feeling she may be crazy (obsessing over Dexter who may or may not be spoken for by Blossom and recalling things that haven't happened) until someone (Dexter) confronts her and she slowly comes to terms with what she's been going through so that she is finally able to trust someone (Dexter) enough to explain it. Dexter then will be the only one who believes her (or maybe he doesn't even believe her, I don't care), but then she'll have to get everybody else to believe in order to circumvent whatever catastrophe Dr. X has orchestrated and FOR GOD'S SAKE, I hope he shows up sometime!
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:06 am

So please tell me that this wasn't all there was to this flashback and Olga's motives/her place in the story. Like Lolwutpear, I wanted there to be more to her character than just the girl that fucked with the DexterxBlossom thing. I was hoping Olga would be some sort of two-faced bitch that was looking to avenge her brother or something; anything than just "Dexter's other love interest". BeeAre, please help us out.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:09 am

Idk how Merc-X cam up with a theory that only revolved around Olga, but let's hope that doesn't happen, especially since Dexter's clothes also changed.

I still feel like the timing on these pages are awful. I mean, first we went from Vexus' big moment straight into this flashback, and now we went from their emotional flashback into this break. Honestly, it would've been better to have placed the flashback directly after the confrontation and place some kind of effect to let people know that something strange occurred.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:59 am

Havoc wrote:So please tell me that this wasn't all there was to this flashback and Olga's motives/her place in the story. Like Lolwutpear, I wanted there to be more to her character than just the girl that fucked with the DexterxBlossom thing. I was hoping Olga would be some sort of two-faced bitch that was looking to avenge her brother or something; anything than just "Dexter's other love interest". BeeAre, please help us out.

I feel like Bleed just wanted to draw Olga and Dexter kissing to piss off the fanbase. Just look at it, it's thrown straight into our face.

Let's give no craps about continuity, story progression or plot, shall we? Here, have another love triangle you can write fanfictions about!

UGH.

You know, years ago I would've PAID real money for these comics if I ever got the chance to. Looking at the train wrecks GT and SB have become, and now also seeing this, I've changed my mind. It's just not worth even considering it anymore.

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:22 am

I feel like a lot of people commenting were missing BR's original comment as the page was posted.
BeeAre: And suddenly we can now see Olga is just remembering what Dexter said to her... and what she realized as a result. You may notice Blossom isn't on this page, even during the flashback where she actually was present as we saw on the previous page. That is INTENTIONAL and SYMBOLIC.
It's possible that this is the end of the flashback and Blossom is no longer here. It's possible that they never kissed on the beach, and this is just a memory flash-forward to when they are kissing at the bomb.

All awkwardness aside, I don't think even the most ignorant of Dexters would kiss Olga in front of Blossom, and BR puts emphases on Blossom not being on this page.

My personal feelings on this page, it almost feels like Olga was a little bit "Too" understanding, to the point of it not seeming human. If this is a flashback to the first known time she brought Susan up to Dexter, then I would feel that the unstable emotions found commonly in teenagers would spill over. Yes, Dexter didn't want this to happen and yes, Dexter lost a sister. But all that aside it feels like Olga felt more sad for "Dexter," which is what led to the crying instead of sad for her "Brother," after finally confirming the truth. I just thought we would get a bit more controversy from Olga instead of just total understanding and complete acceptance. Though I realize I can't have my cake and eat it too, if we had a deeper understanding of Olga's emotions, it would likely eat up even more pages.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 am

Yeah, I'm not about to jump to conclusions just yet. Hell, BeeAre kinda joked about this back in the recap of the comic so far. But at the same time...Dexter thinks that Blossom is dead, and one of his immediate reactions is to kiss Olga. In what he thinks are the last seconds of his life, his choice is to kiss the sister of who was his worst enemy <_< Yeahhh...doesn't exactly make Dexter look good, even in a "heat of the moment" sort of deal.

And now they're both alive, and both, to their best of their knowledge, think Blossom is dead...this is totally going to lead to them forming a relationship together while Blossom is off with Dee Dee doing whatever it is they're doing. I mean, it makes sense. We don't know much, but I'm assuming that they won't be able to find the bodies of Blossom, Buttercup, Bell, or Sam if they're going to be joining the trio in some other plane of existence. So Olga/Dexter get together, form a relationship, only for Blossom to reappear! And then wacky romance shenanigans!

And I just realized how weird it is for me to say I'm not jumping to any conclusions and then say wacky romance shenanigans.

Postby A=Hardt5 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:19 am

Can't wait to see their reactions!
When people perceive reality and the ideal distance so far unwittingly finds himself twisted believe things as ethics, as long as the overwhelming force of the facts emerge becomes hopeless and helpless, which is to produce injustice weakness is also most primitive darkness
Emptiness saint

Postby carakmon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:03 pm

My first guess would be same as Birdofterror. It seems to me this is midpoint of jumping from Olga's flashback of what happened back then to reality right after the bomb went off.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:21 pm

@Bird
I don't see anyone saying that they thought this kiss happened at the beach.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Maybe not directly, but most of the comments are talking about Blossom being here and various things, as if they were still on the beach, and not say somewhere else. If I'm right, then this is still the first kiss, there was never any kiss on any beach.

BR did go to great lengths to say that Blossom is no longer here, even though she was just one page ago.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigmas » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 pm

If you need confirmation of whether or not it's the first kiss, just look at their clothing. I'm thinking some are bothered because they forgot about the first kiss, or never saw it. God, there was so much hate when that page came up. It was kinda funny.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Oh shit Sigment, you're right. I spent so much time focusing on the actions that I didn't pay attention to their clothing.

Spend too much time looking at the big picture that small things right under your nose go unfound. :unsure:

It's funny that we came to the same conclusion through completely different paths.

Bird oft Error

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:16 pm

After seeing this, this comic for me, unless it can get interesting the next few pages, has gone downhill as well. Not as bad as Grim Tales and Sugar Bits, but it's getting irritating. The only thing that makes me come back to this comic is two things: Who is Doctor X and his goals? What does the bomb do? Answer me these two things and I'm good. The whole Mandark guilt trip is really getting fucking old. I don't know how much time has passed within the comic since that incident, but for us, it's been like 8 years I think, and I feel like saying "He's dead! Get over it already!" because it's just so annoying now, especially with the damn slow pace.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)