New SB Page: "Sassing to the glass"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

New SB Page: "Sassing to the glass"

Postby Zig-Zag » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:09 am

No doubt about it: This is indeed a flashback.
Still though, I can't take my eyes off the word "guest."
What is even proofreading?
'Tis empty, folks.
Half-bit

Re: New SB Page: "Sassing to the glass"

Postby SaturnGrl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 am

Seems pretty late in the game to suddenly reveal this is a prequel. But eh, at least we have a clue now.
At least now I can understand why Gene was such a baby-faced kid.
The Angry Engineer

Postby Sigment » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:29 am

And we back to censorship. Make up your mind, would ya, you two? :roll:

Anywho, they're kinda making it painfully obvious that Lico's outfit is in the box, which I wouldn't have minded if they'd have cut out half the dialogue on this page and just had her open it up right here and now. Seriously, way too much build-up for something we all know is coming.

Once again, I find myself wondering why I bothered to comment, but I guess I'm just venting at this point.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:32 am

Gene was probably baby-faced because of how Bleedman likes to currently draw males, at least for Gene's lanky type.

Also:
http://bleedman.deviantart.com/art/Suga ... -425484318

So yes, it's very obvious the outfit is in the box, hahah.
Forever Noob

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:18 am

So after 47 years we have a tiny clue that this might be a flash back? At this point, I don't care anymore. I'd just like to see some actual plot move along. If it is a flash back, all the filler they put in is really stupid, and could probably solve it in less that 10 pages maybe, but that's just me. And if this is a flash back, are we going to continue where we left off after the fight when, you know, a great writer and friend passed away?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm

At least it's as solid of a confirmation as we've been asking for. This essentially proves that this is a reboot, and not a sequel.

If I had to guess why Bleedman was doing this in the first place, it would be that he probably felt constrained by the original writer's story, and once they passed he decided to take it over by himself and turn it into what he wanted it to be all along.

Which is this apparently.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Constraints? The story was about magical characters of different species that existed in a multiverse.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gundam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Decent page.

Bleed fanservice is a plus.

Seems as this chapter is more or less is a prequel. Or at the least fill in some gaps in story that was missing earlier.
One weird Snafu

Postby athdlg » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:39 pm

I feel like many of the event leading up to Lico gaining her outfit seems a bit pointless.
Like ULTRADJ said, could have summed it up in few pages.

I always like staring at Bleedman's mechanical way of drawing things like the Huntergeist's hand.
Forever Noob

Postby Keiken » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:19 am

Reboot, or prequel??? I still don't know :/

Postby Hikari1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:08 am

If anyone wants instructions on how to partially decensor this image using selective color replacement in Photoshop, here you go. What you sickos do with this knowledge is outside of my control!

I don't know the equivalent steps for Gimp, sorry.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:54 am

Birdofterror wrote:At least it's as solid of a confirmation as we've been asking for. This essentially proves that this is a reboot, and not a sequel.

If I had to guess why Bleedman was doing this in the first place, it would be that he probably felt constrained by the original writer's story, and once they passed he decided to take it over by himself and turn it into what he wanted it to be all along.

If that's the case, I find it a shameless display of utter disrespect for someone else's work. Especially after having had pages full of bullcrap which didn't honour the original story in the least. Why should I even care where Lico/Ginger got this dress from? Why does it suddenly play such a big role in the story? Looking back on the first arc, it seemed to be more part of Lico's design as a character. And we all know Bleed's got a fascination with goth l0li's. So I really don't see the point in this page. Merely another weak attempt at putting in even more naked Ginger. At this point she is starting to remind me of Mandy from GTFDB, to be honest. She only just still needs to start sleeping with about every guy she meets (Mammon included), have some demon babies here and there, and we're all set. *sigh*

Postby Gizmo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:29 am

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know what's in the box!!!! It's Lico's suit isn't it?
Give in to the DARKNESS

Postby Gundam » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:23 am

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:At least it's as solid of a confirmation as we've been asking for. This essentially proves that this is a reboot, and not a sequel.

If that's the case, I find it a shameless display of utter disrespect for someone else's work. Especially after having had pages full of bullcrap which didn't honour the original story in the least. Why should I even care where Lico/Ginger got this dress from? Why does it suddenly play such a big role in the story? Looking back on the first arc, it seemed to be more part of Lico's design as a character. And we all know Bleed's got a fascination with goth l0li's. So I really don't see the point in this page. Merely another weak attempt at putting in even more naked Ginger. At this point she is starting to remind me of Mandy from GTFDB, to be honest. She only just still needs to start sleeping with about every guy she meets (Mammon included), have some demon babies here and there, and we're all set. *sigh*

Wow

Just wow.

Way to over react to a unfounded theory and make big deal over nothing.
One weird Snafu

Postby Gizmo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:47 am

It's Lico's SUIT!!!
Give in to the DARKNESS

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm

No need to be so confrontational Gundam, we're all friends here.
Gizmo wrote:It's Lico's SUIT!!!
Anything but her birthday suit I would be welcomed I guess.
Keiken wrote:Reboot, or prequel??? I still don't know :/
Good point. We know it doesn't take place during or after the original story, but we don't know if it connects to it or not.

I'm putting my bet on Reboot- not Prequel, because we're seeing a lot of the characters we saw later on in the original story, after everything already hit the fan. A different take on a somewhat similar story? I guess only time will tell, it's up to us to be patient.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Keiken » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:29 am

...Have you seen the "extra" page in Bleed's deviant art?? o.O

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:36 am

Gundam wrote:
Lolwutpear_126 wrote:

Wow

Just wow.

Way to over react to a unfounded theory and make big deal over nothing.

I'm merely giving my opinion, just like you got yours. If you'd like to have a discussion about it, you can always PM me.

Postby Hikari1 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:04 am

Keiken wrote:...Have you seen the "extra" page in Bleed's deviant art?? o.O

Hahaha. Nice. Given the holiday and the current scene and the fact that it's Bleedman, I was sort of expecting something else. Poor Mindsnare, the lolis are denied to him.

Postby Sigment » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:48 am

Is that... Gabriel? Well, for once, I don't mind this too much, since it's one of those holiday pages. Those usually get weird by default.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:16 am

So Ginger now suddenly is wearing a towel? Probably to avoid the mature content filter on DeviantART. lol

Quite a funny page, even though I thought Gabriel (he's a cameo from that other comic right?) was a Justicar or something?

Still don't like Bleed's recent tendency to draw stylized limbs, in particular Ginger's feet. Last page they were mere triangles, here it's a tiny bit better but she still doesn't seem to have toes.

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:49 am

Oh yeah, Bleed's still not done with that Skull Boy crossover, is he?

And the Valentines page did not show up for me on the Snafu front page, just like some of the other pages. Anyone else having this problem?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:01 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Oh yeah, Bleed's still not done with that Skull Boy crossover, is he?

And the Valentines page did not show up for me on the Snafu front page, just like some of the other pages. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure the mods are aware of the issue, but I sure hope it gets fixed soon.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:Still don't like Bleed's recent tendency to draw stylized limbs, in particular Ginger's feet. Last page they were mere triangles, here it's a tiny bit better but she still doesn't seem to have toes.
Recent tendency? You might not realise it but he's been drawing stylised limbs since he began. His style is pretty far from realism.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Zig-Zag » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 pm

I guess God wasn't too happy with Gabriel's failure to retrieve the unholy pizza, so s/he got demoted.
'Tis empty, folks.
Half-bit

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)