New PPGD - New Wars Eve 8/15/2014

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD - New Wars Eve 8/15/2014

Postby xbox432 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 am

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=317

Ahh, the little Irken stewardess is adorable. Also, who here has ever felt like the Irkens in the 3rd panel? God it sucks when you get squished in next to a big guy.
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Re: New PPGD - New Wars Eve 8/15/2014

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Page is meh.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm

She shall become one with the ship. :o ew
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 pm

its a bit of a big step at moving the story, I love how calm the Tallest are about all this they just shrug off everything Vexus is doing, plus anyone else surprised by Vexus' transformation
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Hasn't she transformed like this in the show?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Too much dialogue. Reminds me of that page where Dr. X introduces himself and the Council to Mojo.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Hasn't she transformed like this in the show?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I have watched the show and never seen her transform herself outside of a robot teenager for Sheldon, also as a nurse and photographer, and I think that's it. Also, she plans to merge with the ship? Also, what's her plan again? She's going to send her 80's robots to Irken controlled planets to exploit and control them herself? That's what I'm getting is all.
Last edited by ULTRADJ on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 pm

It appears that she plans to jettison the crew, including the Tallest, merge her systems with that of the ship, then perhaps use that control to activate the warp drive. That's all I got besides what you mentioned, Ultra.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 am

I think Vexus wants to send the Irkens to multiple Irken ruled planets, use her robots not only as beacons, but as a way send copies of the Irken's weaponry and tactics (that she got from the main ship) to her forces near by the planets she's sending her robots to. So when her forces attack, they'll know all the Irkens' secrets. At least that's what I think Vexus is planning.

Hey BeeAre, How many more pages of this "Vexus vs The Irkens" thing do we have to go? Not that I'm not enjoying this, but I would really like to get back to the main story ASAP, so we can start covering the more pressing issues.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 am

Too much dialogue to read. Well the page is ok but what is Vexus planning exactly?

Postby BeeAre » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Havoc wrote:I think Vexus wants to send the Irkens to multiple Irken ruled planets, use her robots not only as beacons, but as a way send copies of the Irken's weaponry and tactics (that she got from the main ship) to her forces near by the planets she's sending her robots to. So when her forces attack, they'll know all the Irkens' secrets. At least that's what I think Vexus is planning.

Hey BeeAre, How many more pages of this "Vexus vs The Irkens" thing do we have to go? Not that I'm not enjoying this, but I would really like to get back to the main story ASAP, so we can start covering the more pressing issues.

One. This page was talk-heavy because of a significant action on the next that completes the sequence.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Sigment » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Good to hear. I was actually curious where you got the idea for this massive insect "assimilation" transformation she's doing, if you're willing to share.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby BeeAre » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:38 pm

The design here is between Bleedman and I, balancing the shapes to convey the visual intent. The Cluster is naturally very "buggy". Bleedman wanted a dramatic "injection" metaphor. So. Big wasp-type shape. Bzz. It's not just the shapes of the characters, either--you'll notice a lot more dense talk near the top of the page (farther from Vexus' Bee shift). I freely admit that the text is unusual in its density than my normal aims, but we figured it would be faster this way. :x
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 am

BeeAre wrote:
Havoc wrote:I think Vexus wants to send the Irkens to multiple Irken ruled planets, use her robots not only as beacons, but as a way send copies of the Irken's weaponry and tactics (that she got from the main ship) to her forces near by the planets she's sending her robots to. So when her forces attack, they'll know all the Irkens' secrets. At least that's what I think Vexus is planning.

One. This page was talk-heavy because of a significant action on the next that completes the sequence.

Ah thank you, BR. I'm sorta glad to hear that we only have one more page of this segment to go. It was a nice breather from the two year fight and the bomb, but I would really like for this story to get to the point. So BeeAre, if I may be so bold, what will we be covering next in the story?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:55 am

Uh, I think he meant that this page and the next are a single sequence. Not the entire chapter as a whole.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 am

Oh really? Damn. I was so hoping we could rap this up, and be done with this little detour as soon as possible. :c
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 am

This really makes me wonder what our heroes and villains of Earth are doing right about now...
I am the Winner

Postby BeeAre » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Uh, I think he meant that this page and the next are a single sequence. Not the entire chapter as a whole.

I don't mean the entire chapter, no, but I do mean each page for Chapter 11 up to this page and the next. They are indeed all one sequence, and will be ending to go to the next part of the story.

We're going to get a brief flashback next. Brief, I promise. It's meant to fill in some information that will be pertinent given the situation a particular girl found herself in when the bomb blew up.
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 pm

I can hear the Betty fans swarming.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 am

*Looks around* What Betty fans?

BeeAre wrote:I don't mean the entire chapter, no, but I do mean each page for Chapter 11 up to this page and the next. They are indeed all one sequence, and will be ending to go to the next part of the story.

We're going to get a brief flashback next. Brief, I promise. It's meant to fill in some information that will be pertinent given the situation a particular girl found herself in when the bomb blew up.

I see. Thank you for clearing this up, BR. When you said a flashback pertaining to a certain girl, I was so hoping you were referring to Samantha (I sorta thought you were there at first), because I so want to know what her story is. But I'm okay with a brief flashback regarding Betty (if that is who you're referring to; can't really think of anyone else atm), so long as it's only a few pages long. I do sorta want to know what happened to both her and the RRB (mostly the RRB) during the explosion.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 am

Since he mentioned the time of the flashback being when the bomb went off, I assumed it wasn't Sam, since we already knew what she was doing at said time.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)