Urbance and its Kickstarter

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Urbance and its Kickstarter

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:15 am

Hi everyone. I don't do these type of requests often, but I was wondering just now about what happened to the Urbance project. I've been anticipating this animated series for a long time and when I found out about the Kickstarter, I was glad to see that it was near its goal, but way too far to meet it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2088672139/urbance

steambotstudios.com wrote:In the crumbling inner city, sex kills. The urban landscape is split in two — men on one side, women on the other— opposing each other. COEVO seems to be the only hope: a government medical treatment developed to cure every single citizen except that those wearables haven't produced the expected results yet... Born among this lost generation of frustrated gangs, Kenzell and Lesya live each day as their last, defying anyone who stands in the way of their union. Like modern avatars of Romeo and Juliet, they will have to choose between love or their kind, Passion VS Reason, Deadly Eves VS Neo Blasterz... In their flamboyant relationship lies the premises of a revolution against the authorities, the vicious Mediators and their mysterious separatist laws. Rebels can change the world...

I'm a fan of the Jet Set Radio games. When I saw the trailer for Urbance, I was instantly reminded of the days when I played Jet Set Radio Future. Everything about Urbance (the art style, the music, the atmosphere), really made me want to experience the same feelings I had with the Jet Set Radio games, and I feel like that this series is almost a one-of-a-kind deal that is so good that it would be hard to miss.

Here is the official trailer:

And believe it or not, the music used in the trailer!

"Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust the little inner voice when it talks to you." ~ unknown
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Re: Urbance and its Kickstarter

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:35 pm

I really like the animation style for this. I hope it gets completed. I have heard about projects that fall through even though they hit their mark.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 pm

If they're able to establish some kind of Paypal or something even when this is over, hopefully they'll be able to reach their goal. It worked for Mighty No. 9 in regards to its 4 million dollar stretch.
"Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust the little inner voice when it talks to you." ~ unknown
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:27 am

YES!!!!!

THE PROJECT HAS BEEN FUNDED!

Sadly, there isn't enough time for the show to be able to have a fully funded first episode, but it's been funded!
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:30 am

Isn't enough time? What does that mean? They don't have enough time to make a full episode before the money runs out? They don't have enough time in minutes of footage to make a whole episode? They decided it must be finished by a certain date even if it isn't finished? I am really wondering now. Where did you read that?

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:54 am

Well, the Kickstarter itself was only given nine days. Had it not been for it being featured recently, it never would have been funded. They now have enough money to produce a pilot but I think that, if given more time, they could have been able to reach a higher stretch goal.
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Really? Well at least they can make a pilot. And considering it is a collaboration between French and Japanese animators they will hopefully get picked up by a studio.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)