New Grim Tales page - Half time is bath time (10/10/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales page - Half time is bath time (10/10/14)

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 pm

*sees new Grim Tales page*
*doesn't see Chi*
*a miracle?*
*mouse cautiously goes to click page, eyelids wincing*
*looks at page, it's okay, will take anything that doesn't have to do with Chi*

It's a meh page I guess (treating Mimi like a dog, haha, very funny), but anything without Chi is like a godsend to me.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Re: New Grim Tales page - Half time is bath time (10/10/14)

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 pm

As long as chi ain't in it im okay with that.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Guardian » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:15 pm

What is this? No Aku bitch? Possible upturn for the comic?

Not holding my breath.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Teran » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 am

I smell an upcoming "fanservice" page.

Still, nothing is happening.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 am

Although not having Chi is great, I feel this page is a far cry from an improvement. For one I feel like we're getting nowhere with this whole Mimi/Jr thing. By now, I would have at least like to have seen this whole "Mimi biting the shit out of Jr" shtick done and gone. It's gotten really old, and has lost its charm. The second complaint I have, is that this (like Teran just said) is probably headed towards more pointless fanservice. I think at this point, I've lost all hope for this comic. I don't really even bother to stop and read these pages anymore. I sorta wish they would just cease this current arc, and start it over from scratch.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:50 am

I'm curious as to why Mimi's face lite up in the last panel it could be interesting
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:19 am

Mayne it has something to do when when Raven used to give her baths. She was really attached to her, so that's my guess.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 am

Umm, so Mimi suddenly has feet in her human form now? I thought her feet were chopped off by Him or something? Just like with her hands? Why are they bandaged then (the feet, I mean)?

I may be mistaken here though, it's been a long time anyway.

And yes, we're probably gonna get another fanservice-y bath scene in the next page.

As much as I am against incest (Minnie-Junior), I don't really like this whole Junior-Mimi thing either. I'd just like to see the plot moving on instead of useless bath scenes. What's the purpose of showing something like that anyway? Did we really need to see Chi taking a bath to begin with?

I'm a female reader, and even though I know this comic seems to be mainly aimed at a male audience, I find it a bit offensive how Bleed as off recently just tends to show off his female characters' sex appeal to fill up comic pages. I'll be blunt. I think by now Bleed's libido is indeed steering these comics. Such a shame, so much potential wasted.

Postby Havoc » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:18 am

I think Mimi has always had her feet. I think Him only cut off her hands.

I'm not too big of a fan of the whole JrXMimi thing either. If Mimi were to stop biting him and actually show some form of affection, then I might start taking it somewhat serious.

As for your last paragraph: I couldn't agree more. As a matter of fact, I think I said the very same thing you did awhile back about how Bleed's libido has taken full control of this story. And trust me, I'm not to crazy about this "fansevice" bullshit either.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby pigghoti » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:47 pm

you know, i really wish bleed-man would actually READ these review pages instead of just pumping them out and expecting positive feedback.
Feh...

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:Umm, so Mimi suddenly has feet in her human form now? I thought her feet were chopped off by Him or something? Just like with her hands? Why are they bandaged then (the feet, I mean)?

As for the bandage thing, I think it may simply be padding; since she doesn't have shoes in her current human form*. A lot of otherwise barefoot character have foot bindings. I think it's meant to offer some padding for walking, and in many cases for kicking. The TMNT have similar foot bindings in most of their incarnations (as does Splinter). So do a lot of kung fu characters.
Alternatively, they may be ACTUAL foot bindings, meant to make her feet smaller (like they used to do in China) so as to make the boots she wears as her somewhat more comfortable. Since such binding involves a lot of pain (especially since, classically, you break the bones of the foot first, so as to ben it under to make the foot even smaller) Him may be OK with this idea (i.e. the pain she is in now is worth the lessened pain she will potentially get down the road if her boots become more comfortable.) There may be some precedence with this re: her arm stumps. They're a lot more conical and tapered that one would assume they would be if Him, had merely lopped off her hands at the wrist. So the bandages there may be to compress the bones to better fit inside the claw backs, or to pad them. Actually that could explain why she still has them; given how long ago I think she lost her hands, the wounds have presumably healed.

*At least currently. It will not surprise me in the least if, down the road, (perhaps right after the bath), Junior winds up giving her fresh clothes which may include footwear. In fact, since this would rack up the tension a lot, He might end up giving her some of Minnie's old clothes. Not her shredded costume, but maybe some of the green dresses red tights etc. she had BEFORE she was sliced and diced (I assume Minnie had lots of spares)
Last edited by Mon-Kitsune on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby silvercover » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:19 pm

I bet there will be a scene where junior is preparing mimi her clothes and he winds up picking some panties then cue red face and shit.

anyways the thing mimi may indeed be interested is the bath since it reminds her of her time with raven, but I think its something else... dont really have any other ideas though, I didnt notice anything else in the bathroom images.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:22 pm

Maybe but by that point (unless their are going to be some servants showing up soon) junior will either already have seen Mimi naked or will be about to depending on whether he lays out her clothes before or after giving her the bath (probably the former actually, since there'd be no point in carrying her into the bathroom to them just leave her sitting there while he lays out the clothes) With no hands, she can't really wash herself, and Junior probably knows this, as is going to do it for her*. Compared to THAT, panties will be mild for blushing.

* unless we are heading for a situation where Junior decides to be "proper" and is planning to go find Minnie and ask HER to wash Mimi. Junior is possibly just innocent and oblivious enough to contemplate that. We're probably in for some adult situations soon, but they just might be of the violent rather than the sexy kind. Mimi and Minnie may be on their way to a re-enactment of what Charlotte Corday did to Jean Paul Marat.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:05 am

Havoc wrote:Although not having Chi is great, I feel this page is a far cry from an improvement.
I agree completely. This page still reeks of inefficiency, and constantly reminds me of how fast Saga 1 blitzed through the story. We could have had this entire arc done 3 times over with the previous writers...
Havoc wrote:I've lost all hope for this comic.
I'll still hold on, because I know one day it will be finished, and I can read it from the beginning to the end in one sitting.

But until then, it's moving about as fast as a snail stuck on flypaper.
Lolwutpear_126 wrote:As much as I am against incest (Minnie-Junior), I don't really like this whole Junior-Mimi thing either. I'd just like to see the plot moving on instead of useless bath scenes. What's the purpose of showing something like that anyway? Did we really need to see Chi taking a bath to begin with?
It's possible that this will show that Mimi remembers fond bath time with Raven, who in this memory will be more about having a guardian watching over her during this kind of situation, it may also show the wounds and possible infections underneath her bandages, and as others have said previous, it may give us a chance to see Mimi in some real clothing.
Lolwutpear_126 wrote:I'm a female reader, and even though I know this comic seems to be mainly aimed at a male audience, I find it a bit offensive how Bleed as off recently just tends to show off his female characters' sex appeal to fill up comic pages. I'll be blunt. I think by now Bleed's libido is indeed steering these comics. Such a shame, so much potential wasted.
Trust me, male or female aside, everyone has thought the same thing at least several times. This comic is riddled with inefficiencies, and Chi as an entire character is one of the biggest offenders. She is Filler incarnate, as well as Fanservice incarnate. Her inclusion served to only forward a lesbian love triangle, complicating an already preestablished Junior/Mimi relationship (Which would help ease the sting of the incestual relationship) and to get us off track at record speed.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Maybe but by that point (unless their are going to be some servants showing up soon) junior will either already have seen Mimi naked or will be about to depending on whether he lays out her clothes before or after giving her the bath (probably the former actually, since there'd be no point in carrying her into the bathroom to them just leave her sitting there while he lays out the clothes) With no hands, she can't really wash herself, and Junior probably knows this, as is going to do it for her*. Compared to THAT, panties will be mild for blushing.

Reality check: If Junior can successfully think of Mimi as a little sister, a pet, or even a baby, it's unlikely (short of leaning to straightup incest, bestiality or pedophilia) that he'll be blushing just by seeing her undressed or in helping to wash her. On the other hand, there's a logical reason for why certain types of underwear are frequently deemed inappropriate for young children. The sexual connotations of certain clothing (such as thongs, bustiers, and lingerie) are inescapable no matter how young the intended wearer may be (based on the outfit's size).

If you pick up a pair of white cotton panties from a drawer of hundreds of like pairs, you'll generally look at them similarly to socks. But anything even remotely sexual will shift how you view the person who is supposed to be wearing them. The result can be as innocuous as a blush or as devastating as outright nausea depending on your original view of that person (likely, a friend for the former and a family member for the latter). I don't think Junior is old enough yet to compartmentalize, so if he doesn't blush at the mere sight of Mimi in the bath, then he still would most assuredly do so upon seeing scantily underwear. We've already seen how he reacted to Minnie's new... ahem... "attitude".
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Gunsmith » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:11 pm

What's with Bleedman drawing characters taking a bath?

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:17 pm

If I had to guess, it would be a primarily Mimi thing, which is probably due to her being unable to bathe herself at a young age due to many different factors, most of which due to the fact that her legs didn't work when she was young due to her powers. The original bath scene was with Raven, I believe. But it's been a while, I could be wrong.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Mercen-X wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Maybe but by that point (unless their are going to be some servants showing up soon) junior will either already have seen Mimi naked or will be about to depending on whether he lays out her clothes before or after giving her the bath (probably the former actually, since there'd be no point in carrying her into the bathroom to them just leave her sitting there while he lays out the clothes) With no hands, she can't really wash herself, and Junior probably knows this, as is going to do it for her*. Compared to THAT, panties will be mild for blushing.

Reality check: If Junior can successfully think of Mimi as a little sister, a pet, or even a baby, it's unlikely (short of leaning to straightup incest, bestiality or pedophilia) that he'll be blushing just by seeing her undressed or in helping to wash her. On the other hand, there's a logical reason for why certain types of underwear are frequently deemed inappropriate for young children. The sexual connotations of certain clothing (such as thongs, bustiers, and lingerie) are inescapable no matter how young the intended wearer may be (based on the outfit's size).

If you pick up a pair of white cotton panties from a drawer of hundreds of like pairs, you'll generally look at them similarly to socks. But anything even remotely sexual will shift how you view the person who is supposed to be wearing them. The result can be as innocuous as a blush or as devastating as outright nausea depending on your original view of that person (likely, a friend for the former and a family member for the latter). I don't think Junior is old enough yet to compartmentalize, so if he doesn't blush at the mere sight of Mimi in the bath, then he still would most assuredly do so upon seeing scantily underwear. We've already seen how he reacted to Minnie's new... ahem... "attitude".

But that seems predicated on the clothes BEING scanty and sexual. If Junior is selecting the clothes, he is controlling the clothes. It seems to me that the only way Mimi is going to wind up dressing in a provocative way is if Junior chooses provocative clothes for her on purpose . And as you point out the only way that makes sense is if Junior DOES harbor sexual feelings for her already, and I don't think he does. If he thinks of her as his sister, he's going to DRESS her like his sister That is, as his sister WAS, not as she is now (actually assuming the flashback of events we saw long ago in the comic about how Minnie became undead was accurate, it might be more accurate to say "His sister as he would have LIKED her to be.")
Actually that is a pretty good support for him borrowing some of Minnie's old clothes (assuming he can get his hands on them). He's more or less "lost" the sister he had at the moment; trying to make Mimi into some sort of surrogate might actually be his goal. Plus what other clothes is he going to get that fit? Minnie is pretty much the only other girl we know of in castle grim who's more or less Mimi's size (juniors wouldn't come even close to fitting, they'd be too short and too baggy). Unless he is going to leave Mimi in a big fluffy bathrobe while he gets her white dress laundered, or the servants have been busy making up new clothes (which I'm not sure they'd do without Mandy's approval) Minnie's old ones would be all there are.

Postby Zig-Zag » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:40 am

Well, on one hand, it looks like we won't be seeing Chi for a few pages.
On the other hand, as Havoc and Lolwutpear pointed out, this is hardly a step in the right direction.

I'm going to give 'em the benefit of the doubt this time around and assume that this whole fiasco is actually meaningful in any way whatsoever, but given what's been going on for the past year and a half, I'm not holding my breath.
'Tis empty, folks.
Half-bit

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:59 am

Dude, I've been "giving them the benefit of a doubt" since last year, but yet this comic still disappoints me at every turn. Like I said, I'm done with this fucking comic.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gunsmith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:24 am

Havoc wrote:Dude, I've been "giving them the benefit of a doubt" since last year, but yet this comic still disappoints me at every turn. Like I said, I'm done with this fucking comic.

I'm pretty sure someone says that whenever a new page comes out, but they're always posting about it when there's another page

Postby Guardian » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 pm

They come back mostly out of hope. Hope that it's changed the tune and redeemed itself, but just disappointed in it again.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:02 am

Guardian is spot on. I still check in and somewhat skim the pages to see if it looks like there's anything worth while, but I've pretty much stopped reading the dialog on the pages.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:30 pm

These pages have dialogue?

In all seriousness, this bath scene could be connected to the previous bath scene. If it doesn't, well...Idk, I've already given up hope, but if this bath scene is here too just be a bath scene, then I'll probably stop reading the comic altogether.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:32 am

Ive also noticed that comic pages are updated WAY slower... It's kind of aggravating and it slows the pace of the comics altogether...

I know of comics which update DAILY with three times the quality of Bleed's comics...

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)