RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby rac7d » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:Sorry, but you're going to have to be more credible by posting a source. If it isn't confirmed yet then we won't even take this as a single grain of salt. And I've seen the picture of the folder that says "Yang" on it. Who knows if it's her? We'll have to see it to believe it.

Regardless, here's a WIP render of Yellow tweeted by Monty himself: http://images.wikia.com/rwby/images/e/e ... Render.jpg

Well it's been confirmed at the premiere her name is Yang

Postby Guardian » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:37 pm

rac7d read this again. It's not that we don't believe you, its just we don't trust every word typed on the internet. Post your source when you find things out like this.
Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:Sorry, but you're going to have to be more credible by posting a source.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I haven't found her a source, but seems her name is Yang Xiao Long, and she has a more martial-art-like fighting style to match. Though using those gun-gauntlets, her arms should be ripped apart...
Last edited by Grieffon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guardian » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Bwhaha. I liked in the beginning where the club's song was the Red trailer theme song. If that played in the others, I just didn't notice. I like her gauntlets the best out of everyone's weapons.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Cool trailer. Voice acting and dialog is still pretty shitty though.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:13 pm

At this point some of the episodes are probably finished, so we may be stuck with the voice for a while.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:15 pm

They got a month before they release the episodes. I think they have time to fix some errors fans have been noticing.

I like the victorian design for yang.

Postby rac7d » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I was super afraid she was gonna use two pisolts and moove similarly to Death the kid from soul eater. Glad I was totally wrong. She alos is the most realistic fighter monty has ever created. Her foortwork was awesome, and was full on gravity defying kicks like most of his women. She also seems to be the slowest girl of them all.

My god Ruby's voice....... I was expecting somthing higher cuter, she looks young, but not what I heard. Yang's voice was fine
Oh them all I still like Blake the most, I love ninja girls, But Yang did not dissapoint. She was well worth the wait.
I hope we get one more trailer, we might know a little about each girl, now, but I would like a tastes of the story, and to see the academy(HQ).

So I wasn't sure if there vignettes, were cannon material, convept videos, prolugues, at this point I'm still not sure. Ruby seems to know Yellow already, so the girls ma alredy be a team.

I also want to to see the second team. I hope one girl is using Sai.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:10 pm

For me Yang stands out the most out of the four girls. Same with her character design and her Single Shot Gauntlets, which I dig very, very much.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Guardian » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 pm

She's much more expressive than the others, but that is just looking at their trailers. For some reason Yang reminds me of Applejack and Princess Peach...

Semper Vigilans

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 am

The dress is probably a dead giveaway.

It makes you wonder if Monty does the mo-caps himself or does he hire a real actress for the role... God, I hope it's the latter.

Yang is totally American--cause she's... yellow. Eh? Eh?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:13 am

I scanned all the trailers and from my perspective red payed her respects to someone very dear in the beginning not long before killing an army of werewolves (to bad it wasn't vampires, Edward Cullen could've been into the fray and died). White is singing at a concert and beating what appears to be Sauron's younger brother (he doesn't have a brother, he's a big walking suit of armor), with a magical blade. Blake and a friend raids a train and cuts off a car for unknown reasons except maybe the guy was a pirate and he didn't care about loss of life. Yang walks into a nightclub while searching for what might be blake but I can't really make it out but sixty seconds later she fights the guards, pedobear, and two other spoiled girls who are dangerous too. Then meeting red outside the bar who apparently is yang's sister and also has a bad voice.

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I would like to see you do better with the voices.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:56 pm

What, I don't like the voices. I happen to be rather vocal about my opinions.

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:07 pm

And I'm serious. I would like to see you do it better or suggest something better or expand upon "the voices are shit". This is all we ever hear from you about these videos. Considering just who these guys are and what they are working with, I'd say that the voices are better done here than the Blood Gulch Chronicles.

There are other things that could be bitched about besides the voices. Such as the bike that Yang is using has the shifter on both sides, when in reality it was only suppose to be on the left of the bike. The tires could use some huge ass improvement since they look like they were made in MS paint.

These things all get better as the videos go along. Which is why I find it hilarious and annoying that you are complaining about the voices, from the trailer.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:26 pm

The reason why I disapprove of the voices is because of the lack of authenticity of character voices. Red vs Blue characters voice actors work well with the character's personality, and they never needed to be authentic with the faces because they don't usually need to model them, except for most of the freelancers, for example Burnie Burns as Church, the grouchy voice and outbursts of rage on occasion, creates a moody character that is usually pissed at his teammates. I would be more approving of the voices if they were modeled after their voice actors. But that would affect the design of the anime styled faces. The dialog that I seen in the trailers carries a lot of clichéd phrases, such as: "lets do this!", "Lets teach him/her a lesson.", and "you're gonna pay for this". I find it bother's me a bit and makes me wish they could've used a less commonly used phrase for such war cries.

As for animation, I don't usually complain much when it comes down to low-budget internet television, unless they could've done better with what they had. The only thing I could come up with to complain about is the lack of flexible lighting for characters and the setting they're in.

Happy now?

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:45 pm

That you finally expanded upon your disagreements? Yes. For what they are worth? No.

It's a series of trailers that focus on their abilities. That's what made the ending seasons of RvB so enjoyable for so many people; the magic of the animation. What was it, season 6 or 7 when they started doing that? That got me back into the series because I was like "Wow. They did something different and made it even more bad ass". I see where you are coming from, but these are trailers. We aren't going to get a lot of detail out of them. Very little to no personality was displayed in these. For this one, it was finally shown that at least three of them know each other.

Its a trailer. You aren't going to get to see everything that leads to the characters "authenticity".
I would be more approving of the voices if they were modeled after their voice actors.

This seems silly to me, as does your example. How do you know they aren't modeled after their voice actors? The RvB series also had plenty of time to develop their characters, ten seasons worth, and these are only the trailers.

What I think is interesting is that you are the only person I have thus far found that has a problem with this specific issue. I haven't yet found anyone else who seems to be thinking this way or having this problem, thus why I am interested in seeing how and why you think that way.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:22 pm

The design of these trailers are different compared to trailers you usually see in movies. These trailers are more like shorts of the actual show. Trailers can be misleading on both good and bad sides yes. But they are supposed to showcase what has been worked on. For example:    The iron man 3 trailer, we all were gonna expect Mandarin to use his rings of power, but turned out to be actor that drinks, dose off, and watch sports, in the actual film   . I'm not critiquing the actual show yet, just the trailers. I believe I have a right to voice an opinion on it. And I also hope the developers will be aware of these errors and not apply them to the show before it's too late.

Roosterteeth has vastly grown since the past ten years, and apparently, I expected better voice acting for such a project this large. Theres not a lot of problems with what I seen so far, I just tend to be loud about the few problems that are actually there.
Last edited by MERASMUS! on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I believe I have a right to voice an opinion on it.

You have as much of a right to it as I do to question them and figure out where you are coming from with them. So don't take what I say or ask personally when I'm looking to see how you arrived to your opinions.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Ok, is it settled then. We understand why I don't like the voice acting? Correct?

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah, its understood now.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

I was hoping that Yellow would make a compensation joke when Junior pulled out the batzooka. Besides that I love the Red appearance, voice and the fact they're sisters! :D I couldn't decide if I liked Ruby or Yang more, so for now they're the best sisters. xD
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm

I want to figure out how she causes he gauntlets to fire. I wonder if it is a small wrist flexion that tirggers an internal mechanism to fire, like a pressure sensor.

Semper Vigilans

Postby BeeAre » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Someone look at my prediction for Yellow Yang.

Did I or did I not call that shit? :P

Cheerful brawler, works with fists, twist is she has "shotgauntlets". Reminds me of Vi from League of Legends.

Definitely a crowd-pleaser, mostly because she isn't angsty, unreliable, or aloof.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Guardian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 am

You called that shit.

Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)