RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:16 pm

And why should you listen to a commentary that mocks everything about the show?
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Krest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 pm

An abridgement isn't a commentary. It's a parody. It's MEANT to mock the show - especially when it points out parts of the show that WERE screwed up.

And I listen to it because that person was enough of a fan to take the time and energy to properly go through the entire show, study it, and make fan-based material off of it. Don't patronize, idealize!
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Although I agree that good abridged series do their research, we still can't take what they say too seriously.
The idea of a group joining the opposing side would also reflect on the school.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:52 am

True, but CRDL was evil from the beginning. I wouldn't put it past them.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:30 am

I enjoy Penny's combat method. Screaming Mantis and Irelia. Very nice.

Also: GUN CHUKS lol
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby DarkKing » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 am

Hmm I guess that was an ok season finale. I wasn't expecting Roman to be a good fighter so that was a pleasant surprise. Also penny did turn out to be a android/robot like I thought. I would have liked to see one of Cinder's teammates take part in the fight too, but I guess they're saving them for next season. I hope next season has more plot development and shows more about Ruby's past.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 am

I do not get what people are saying about "First season = not enough development" The way I look at it this was more like season 1, part 1. Like Tenshi said, it is nowhere near as long as a regular first season of anything.

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. Not sure it lived up to it's first trailer for everyone, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. I would like to think that like Red vs Blue, the voice acting will naturally get better. And like the later Seasons of Red vs Blue the animation will improve to rival the games (or in this case anime)

I really liked Penny's string fighting style. All these people who say she is way overpowered, her last scene makes it look like there is a very good reason she is overpowered so stop complaining. Also, she probably has allot of weaknesses that any other person would not have. I would like to know where she keeps all those knives though.

Was anyone else hoping that after this episode Blake would ditch the bow? I found it a little disappointing.

So out of all the main characters, who has yet to have a story? Ruby, Yang, Pyrhaa, Ren, Nora and then there are characters like Ozpin. Although I feel we may be waiting a while for his story.

I am wondering if Ruby becomes a yearly attraction like RVB then how will they balance out the workload in terms of CG. I imagine they will need to hire many more animators.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby DarkKing » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 am

Well for me I know it's not as long as a regular series, but that doesn't change the fact that I felt it was lacking in some areas. For example I think they could have revealed a little more about Ruby's past and had some more hints about what cinder's plan is. I usually don't critique stuff like this so that just goes to show how interested in the show I am. Also I just had a awesome idea they should make a RWBY fighting game, PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN SOMEDAY PLEASE!

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:09 am

They have to save some stories for later. Not to mention that this is completely new. It is natural that it will not be perfect straight away, there is no precedent for how to go about making or writing something like this. When you think about it saying things like "they should have told us more about Ruby" or "They should have given more hints as to what the Queens plan is" is really just like saying: I really enjoyed this and I don't want it to end so soon.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby DarkKing » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 am

I know it's not going to be perfect, no story is (in my opinion) and I don't think it needs to be. I'm just saying what I hope to see polished up in future seasons :). Like one of my favorite critics once said "All stories have inconsistences, it's just about whether the story does a good job of drawing your attention away from them or not" mind you I'm kind of paraphrasing.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:19 am

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone speculate a connection between Blake and the big baddy. They just seems similar imo.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 am

I just think that theory seems way too unlikely. I know they have the same hair colour and the same eye colour but the idea that Blake happens to be connected to the big bad just seems way too far fetched to me. Personally I still think her character is based on Cinderella, but any ideas about the two others with her?
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:12 am

I'm sorry but what? "Big Daddy"?

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 am

................? I want to point out right now that I have not edited my previous post and I don't think Tenshi has either.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am

@Doc
Big Baddy, read it :3

SAri
Your post is supporting the idea :3
Evil step mom and siblings.
I just think it's an idea ppl would've mentioned by now.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:17 am

You have lost me. If she was an evil stepmother, then it is really unlikely that she and Blake would look alike. I think I missed your meaning.

And what did I not directly say but imply in a passive aggressive way, about the puns? Please stop
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 am

That wasn't a pun :p
I'm on my phone, and I didn't hold the S long enough for it to turn into an @. My bad.

I was comparing Cinderella's evil counterparts to Blake's possible. They won't necessarily have the same relationship, but it's comparable.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm

A RWBY fighting game?

Oh please! I want a RWBY MMORPG!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't think there's nearly enough information to make a decent one.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:57 pm

And not to mention the Amount of money required to make one.

Postby Krest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 pm

The Academy is a hub and a large enough area for level 1-20 content. 21+ would be surrounding towns and fields, with the further out being more difficult content.

We know of the races and "traits". We can have Archetypes or Specialties to denote how the player fights: Dust Mastery, Swordsmanship, Brawling, Gunnery, etc.

Like in Granado Espada, we can control multiple fully-customized characters at once. In this game, it would be 4 - with a chosen Leader.

We can "suggest" certain weapon designs which the team should be able to implement into the game, in addition to the ones we already know of.

Implementing QTE will allow for more cinematic gameplay.

--

So yes, we know enough. The only difficulty we'd have would be weapon implementation, but we know it isn't difficult for the team to envision how such weapons work in battle.

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:09 pm

You're not listening. Roosterteeth is a low budget studio. MMORPGs are massive games that require regular patches and expansions. The closest rwby game you may ever get would be a fan made RPG.

Postby Krest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm

I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to Tenshi.

As for money, where did you get that they had a low budget? They're pretty successful already and with Kickstarter for the MMO, there won't be any problems money-wise.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Still not enough info. You say the academy is large enough for a lvl 20 cap. But you need content. People don't want to grind all day, there has to be some form of a quest line, at least in the beginning. They can try and bullshit 2-3 satisfying bosses? At most you'd get a crappy version of Dungeon Fighter.

Also, I said a decent one. With the info we have now, we get a week, at best, worth of DECENT(not good) play. Which would make an mmorpg boring. Then the pvp system, don't even go there.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:That wasn't a pun :p
I'm on my phone, and I didn't hold the S long enough for it to turn into an @. My bad.
I am sorry. I was pretty annoyed when I typed that because of something that happened only moments before. So I appologise if I came off as overaggressive.

Krests back? I felt for certain you were sleeping with the fishies.

I am the MISSINGNO

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)