RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:27 pm

We do not know how much exposure it has in japan. I feel if there was a japanese dub that then there would be.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:33 pm

It has plenty.
Pretty popular in China and Japan.
The majority love Nora. :3

I know this because a friend of mine was watching the Mandarin subbed version, and went onto a Baidu discussion thread for it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I meant japan specifically since that seems to be where most are made. But if you have faith in the mentality of humanity then I am sure one will be made eventually.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm saying that it is popular there :p
Ik it's strange saying so. But, I'm more interested in just seeing the design, rather than the actual pillow. As in, which image they would go with.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:20 pm

I think it would be weirder if you said you wanted to see the pillow.

I find it impressive that it takes a week without a new episode to remind me how much I like RWBY.

Postby rac7d » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:58 pm

ari-6 wrote:We do not know how much exposure it has in japan. I feel if there was a japanese dub that then there would be.

Ask and you shall recieve

Postby ari-6 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Thank goodness there are subs, There is no way I can wait for this to be dubbed!

Oh look, it's Homura Akemi...

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Great, there's racism now.
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 pm

What are you talking about? There has been racism since the third trailer. and I have been calling cat ears since the first trailer. Looks like Mercenx was right about Adams horns. I am really happy to see Michael in this series. I wonder who Gavin will play, and if they will be best friends and make nice team dynamite references.

Postby DarkKing » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:56 am

Did anyone else get the impression that Penny might be some kind of robot? The way she talks and acts seems a bit off to me. Then again maybe she's just weird.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 am

I'm surprised they didn't do the 'name/title of immediate family member died' option.
I guess just family does enough tho.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 am

DarkKing wrote:Did anyone else get the impression that Penny might be some kind of robot? The way she talks and acts seems a bit off to me. Then again maybe she's just weird.

Yes very much i was looking at her and kept thinking Aigis from persona 3 fro some reason.
I knew Blake would be the cutest kitten ever

I feel like this episode came from my dreams. I wanted Weiss to have friction with Blake. I wanted Blake to meet a monkey boy. I wanted a tournament arc that would introduce a lot of characters. The only thing that didn't happen was yang chasing after Blake, why is she so neutral. She need to be team big sister to everyone not just ruby.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:15 pm

I know how you feel. Ifeel like the only time any character gets any screentime is when the story is directly about them. Alas bumblebee seems like distant dream now. But I can't be angry with Michael

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm surprised they didn't do the 'name/title of immediate family member died' option.
I guess just family does enough tho.
Yes, I feel like Wiess would have come off as more relatable if she had said something like her mother was killed or something. But I am willing to bet she has abusive parents, we will know once they cover her backstory

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Blake is the most adorable cat girl ever.

But seeing her so sad makes me want to hug her and pet her til the pain goes away............
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby BeeAre » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 am

Best part of the episode for me was the combat skirt high five. Everything else was... a bit expected. Well. Penny wasn't, until she made one recognizable Cloudcuckoolander behavioral event, then she was exactly what I expected.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby rac7d » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:23 pm

BeeAre wrote:Best part of the episode for me was the combat skirt high five. Everything else was... a bit expected. Well. Penny wasn't, until she made one recognizable Cloudcuckoolander behavioral event, then she was exactly what I expected.

That was a cute moment

Penny is rummored to be a Robot/android things. She wants to be a real girl.
Yeah for most the epidoe isnt suprrising but still very much satisfiying. Every episode should be 10 min if only becasue I fell those episodes have a feeling of completion even with a cliffhanger.
speaking of cliffhangers

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 pm

We need a .gif of the high five.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:16 am

If you are a fan of Blake, Yang, Velvet or Jaun, Attack on Titan or the name Eren/Aaron/Aaryn (the best name ever), Achievement Hunter, Red vs Blue, Rooster Teath, cool posters or donating money for the KIDZ! then I advise you watch the RT livecast right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjrOuLhO170

If you would be interested in listening to the voice actors of Blake and Yang reading a YangxBlake fanfic then you might want to watch.

If your name is Eren or any variation thereof then it is your lucky day (It was bound to happen eventually)

Or maybe the reason I am the only one online right now is because you are all already watching.

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Theorized theory theorizing currently among the fanbase is Penny is based on the tale of Pinocchio. She would thus want to be real and try to act "human" through socializing etc and may have prior experience with Torchwick or could be swayed to his cause as Roman is obviously set to attack the Vytal festival. I hope they introduce at least one more character before this season ends.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 am

Penny = Pinocchio. Quite possibly the easiest name to find meaning behind since Ruby.

I wonder what the rest of Sun's team will look like, whether all fauna like him or maybe he and Penny will be on the same team. I thought that at first but now I think that Sun and Penny will represent the main character of two new teams.

Also why would Sun stow away if he was supposed to be there? Or maybe it is a case of even if you are invited to compete, you still have to find your own way there. Or maybe all you have to do to compete is show up.

When will we be seeing Adam again I wonder. I hope his voice is less annoying by then.

I really hope we do not get a story line where Blake leaves to join a new team. It would just seem so cliche. Can a team even compete with less than four members?

Postby QuickSilver » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 am

What a fun series! This is why I luff Snafu; I'd never find these things on my own.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Grieffon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Penny is totally OP. The string ability match the Pinocchio reference. The fight scene with Roman is good too, I never thought he's actually good at combat.

Anyone feels there's too little development in the first season? It feels like Ruby got the least attention. We know plenty about Jaune, Blake and Weiss now, but we still know nothing about the main character.

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 pm

I think I should develop a fully written review of this first season. The characters are too little developed, I agree.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Too little development? It was what? 3 hours of footage?
They have to keep some stuff for later.

The Sun Wukong staff connection was obvious, but I love the nunchuck/pistol combo. Make me feel like he's a pirate ninja :3
I had to rewatch that a couple times.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 pm

There's more stuff after the credits.

So, Season 1 done, huh? Hmmmm...

Oh! The abridger referred to Team CRDL as "the team that will join the enemy later on in the series". Wonder if that'll actually happen... Hmmm...
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)