RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:31 pm

So Glynda mentioned a Professor Peach. Given the previously theorized origin of Port as being Peter and the Wolf, the fact that Dr. "Green-hair" is obviously based on Bartholomew and the Oobleck, it would seemingly obviously enough follow that Peach will be named James, as in "and the Giant Peach". Following this, I have a deeper theory. If Peach's name is James, that would make three teachers so far named after Christian Apostles. It could be a coincidence. Then again, maybe not.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby BeeAre » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Looking forward to Professor Judas.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby rac7d » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 pm

BeeAre wrote:Pre-episode placeholder post:

TEAM CRDL IS CARDINAL? YOU MEAN TEAM CURDLE. AHAHAHAHAHA

Post-episode post:

Jaune does something right, Ruby is fucking sagely for SOME reason, and team Curdle is about to get shit on.

Team Curdle will fall by their own hubris, and become either less shitty as reformed badniks or on the road to evil Malfoy-style.

I am glad that Jaune decided that Pyrrha was worth not attacking, thereby putting her above him.

I just want to see the culmination of this already. The writing is barely at the Harry Potter level of complexity, and we have a much more stinted schedule.

I would love to write for this series. Anybody want to get me into contact with them? No idea how I could, but I know I would be able to fix some of the shit they've got going on in this little ditty.

Juan still a priss in my book, I cant belive he even considered it for a moment. Cardin is not much of an issue, it hard to be a bully at combat academy, if juan wasn't so prideful...

You can contact the writers on twitter. They tend to respond fans every now and then, If you want to be a writter I think you'd have to apply to Rooster Teeth.

Postby Mercen-X » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:38 pm

BeeAre wrote:Looking forward to Professor Judas.

Contrarily, the next teacher will be John Stalk whose nickname is Jack.
I base this on a tertiary theory I cooked up. Peter and James are obvious. But there is a novel about Hook that reveals Smee's full name as Bartholomew Quigley Smeethington. The next character, I believe, will share his name with John Napolean Darling.
For those who don't find it so obvious, if you think of Peter Port as merely an "old, fat, grandpa man" you have Peter Pan's character summation as given by the Lost Boy Too Small. Granted Oobleck looks and acts nothing like Smee aside from having glasses... Fun fact: Smee means Sawbill, a synonym for Duck, of which the mallard has a notable green head and usually grey-white body. Yes, I enjoy a good stretch.

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:43 pm

You put so much thought into trying to find the meaning behind the characters names. It's impressive really. But I feel eventually their will come a character with no meaning to his name and it will be the death of you trying to find one.
BeeAre wrote:I would love to write for this series. Anybody want to get me into contact with them? No idea how I could, but I know I would be able to fix some of the shit they've got going on in this little ditty.
I am not a writer so I was wondering, if you could somehow get in touch with Burnie Burns, how would you convince him you were qualified for the job?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:51 pm

That name thing would work with me. I suck with names, so when I write anything, I make chains of certain characteristics with some random word/name. Not trying to compare myself to them, but they could be making fun references to things with all their names.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

The reason I see those connections is because I typically make those connections in my own work. If his name's Jack, he jumps high, he's slayed a giant, he's a pirate, he loves apples, and he's a murderer... or he rips his clothes. All this despite the fact that I've already changed his name to Gunther...

I too would enjoy writing for this series. But I don't know how much I would fanon the thing. So far, the only script I'm working on to submit as an episode is for Matt Parker and Trey Stone's South Park. I've only written about 5 minutes of dialogue so far and I've taken a pretty substantial break from the process. Of course writing for South Park is easy. You don't have to pay attention to crap like canon because nobody cares no matter how many times you retcon a show about an immortal poor kid and talking towels and poop. The people I've read my script to find it funny so far and that's all I can really hope for with that.
Still, it would certainly be interesting to toss my hat into the RoosterTeeth ring. Shit, it would finally get my name out there and I could probably finally sell one of my projects.

Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 am

You had me at Jack. Idk why, but that's one of my favorite names.

Anyways. I want to see a team fight with CDNL.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 pm

T10N M1NU0TES! 10! Minutes!

One ADVERTISEMENT!

HERO MOMENT! Great music. A load of technical things the wiki-folk will point out. At least that whole debacle is settled finally.

Skree

Postby rac7d » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm

How did cardin get tinto this school
He has no valor, average physical skill, no intrest in his studies, just beasue he's a bully doesnt mean he as to suck, and his teamaates.......ehhh

Juan.... I would have been happier if he beat it on his own, but I glad were gettin more into the capabilites of aura. His specail power has to be forecefield, he gonna be defense person/paladin

Rwby specail skill is her speed.... that kinda sucks considering weiss can increse her speed using glyphs and and there no freakin way she is faser then blake who leaves behind after images of herself.

But pyrra polarity power is pretty cool, Im glad she let us know that aura can channels itself into specail abilities.
I'm assuming for yang its strenght, and i guess that explains the fire.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:33 pm

The powers remind me of my story. I'm certain the concept has been used many times before tho.
Powers are hereditary, and certain powers are much more common. Powers like super speed can be as common as brown eyes, then say, magnetism is as rare as blonde hair.

Or the powers have to be learned and idk anything :p

While watching this all I could think about was Pyrra hitting on Jaune. Watching him take on an Ursa, let him have his moment. Getting that look on her face when Jaune asked for help, getting her alone time with him. Knocking him down to see him in tha--uh Helping him... yeaaaaaa :3
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 pm

I need to share thi beacuse it explains my feels

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 pm

You either want to see more screen time of them...or
you want to see the footage of them during the 6 episodes...if you know what I mean. xD
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:56 am

I feel that Monty is trying to show off Jaune as his new Luke skywalker
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby DarkKing » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:16 pm

I wonder what Ozpin's special ability will be. I wish Jaune could have beat the Ursa on his own, but I guess it's ok since we're still only in the first season.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Mercen-X » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:38 am

Technically, he did. He just failed to heed Glynda's advice about keeping his guard up so Pyrrha used her semblance to raise his shield to block the Ursa's massive strike. I really don't consider that to be much of a power boost. Quitcher whining.

Skree

Postby DarkKing » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:12 am

1. I'm not whining I just wanted him to win the battle with his own skills get that straight.

2. He still needed help otherwise that blow would have most likely finished him.

3. I said I was ok with him winning this way since it's only the first season and he has lots of time to improve.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 pm

First, that comment was not meant solely for you. Second... nope that's pretty much it.

Skree

Postby DarkKing » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh ok, sometimes it's hard to tell whether someone is speaking directly or to everyone on here.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 pm

I think you all should watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wU_dQEj7uc
It is funny and informative. Monty implies that the events in the trailers will be brought up eventually and Blake's VA supports the idea that Blake is a lesbian are some of the highlights.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Please summarize :3
Don't think I'll watch the entire hour.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 pm

They talked about Bumblebee (Blake x Yang) and Aaryn (I think that is how you spell that. Surprisingly close to my name) said that she supported the idea. I can not remember Exact words because of everything else that was said in the video since then but that is the gist. Also hinting at future stuff but would not give any specifics. Not related but it was how they got into the topic. They said that a story was coming up that would make up for the lack of Yang and Blake development so far. Also I am sure you guys probably know this but the last two episodes will both be extra long.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Mercen-X » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:56 am

Yeah, also apparently Yang's motorcycle is called Bumblebee

Will there be second years? Yes

The trailers are canon and will be made relevant... eventually.

Kerry Shawcross will almost certainly voice a character (most likely that kid that yelled YUP)

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:52 am

Of course if you wanted a summary that was actually informative....

And also Arryn questions the feasibility of Yangcest as their bust size would make make-outs impossible. That's the kind of thing people want to know

Also Yang's bike is actually called the "something" Bumblebee. It was a name so well thought up that even the creator could not remember what he called it. Thankfully they put more thought into character names.

Also if you are a fan of the word pajamjams then you are in for a treat.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:59 am

Surprised there aren't any dakimakuras of them.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)