RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Jaune didn't steal anything. His was simply an extra spot. Like he said "Fake transcripts." He didn't steal anything from anyone. More likely, someone wanted him at this school and supplied him with the papers. Cardin is probably not the only person he's going to be having to deal with in coming episodes.

It's been suggested at tropes that Jaune was kept out of battle schools because he's a MacGuffin and can't be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. I'm not well-versed in Anime/Manga as I would like to be, but this concept says at least one word to me: Naruto.

I didn't like the voice-acting of Cardin and Oobleck in this episode.

Have we gotten confirmation anywhere that Ozpin really is drinking coffee? Are we sure he's not drinking tea? Seeing that he always has a cup of it with him, I would expect him to be at least half as hyper as Oobleck and yet he's as calm as a Jedi Master. Amazingly, Oobleck seems to be drinking his from a teacup (or a small styrofoam cup)
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I feel like tea would suit his style but I always assumed he was drinking hot coco. This is because when we first see him he is holding a tray of cookies and I just assumed he was going to offer Ruby coco with her cookies. He could well be drinking coffee and it has no effect on him because he has more control. I do not know much about naruto but the whole Jaune being special or a mcguffin seemed kind of farfetched to me.

I am waiting for the series to end so when it does I can ask what people their expectations after the Red trailer vs their opinion of the series. It still has time to improve if you ask me.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Not everyone has the same level of caffeine sensitivity. I'm practically caffeine immune, which is how I can get away with drinking a gallon and a half or so of Tieguanyin (Iron Goddess of Mercy) oolong daily and still be able to sleep at night (in terms of caffeine content, Tieguanyin is sort of to tea what espresso is to coffee). For caffeine to actually keep me awake it has to be on the order of a quart of 5x normal strength black tea, pounded down more or less immediately before going to bed (at which point it is debatable what is keeping me up. the caffine, the sugar rush or the fact that all of that tannin has soured my stomach) And even that will only buy me an hour or two. All I am getting at is, Ozpin may simply not be someone who gets all that tweaked by whatever he drinks.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'm practically caffeine immune.

High Five! I am too :D
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm

So you are saying when you need to stay up all night, you could drink a whole red bull and still fall asleep at your desk? That is unfortunate. In anime I always see people drinking black ice coffee from a can. I tried to find it but I guess they do not sell it in this country.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Well, I've never actually DRUNK a red bull; but functionally, yes.
Actually it's even a bit worse that that description. I have to drink all of my tea iced, even in the morning, evening and dead of winter. If I didn't the very warmth of the drink would put me to sleep again even if I hadn't been sleepy before. And I just noticed what I said had a misleading line in it. When I said 5x strength to keep me up, I meant 5x the strength I normally make my day to day tea, which is already about 7x the strength most people drink tea at. When I have to stay up all night, I basically have to do it by willpower alone.
Oh and yes they do sell that sort of canned coffee in this country (assuming "this country" means the US, you don't have your location in your profile, so I'm guessing) Aside from Asian supermarkets, which import most of the canned coffee brands, there are things like Gorilla coffee (if you have a Whole Foods near you, they may carry it) and all of those canned Starbucks concoctions, (also the one's from Peet's, Blue Mountain etc.) I've never paid much attention to them (I actually don't like the taste of coffee, so I don't drink it) but they are there.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby ari-6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Oh and yes they do sell that sort of canned coffee in this country (assuming "this country" means the US, you don't have your location in your profile, so I'm guessing) Aside from Asian supermarkets
Thank you. I had not thought of that.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Drank*
Most iced coffees are literally coffee with ice.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Wait, are you correcting me?

Also I was interested because in a couple of anime I have seen people drinking BLACK can coffee so I wanted some.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:40 pm

MonKit said drunk :p

I always thought those were just various juices.
This reminds me, Y U NO HAV SKYPE YET?!?!?!?!?!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Just be careful that you get the brand you want, Asian products have a lot of similar sounding names for similar products, and the two are not necessarily the same. Some years ago I was in a Japanese supermarket and picked up a package of "Black Black" chewing gum; thinking that it was a Japanese version of Black Jack gum (the oldest flavored gum in the world [they've been making it since 1853, I think] and my chewing gum of choice) and would be licorice flavored. It wasn't (Black Black is incredibly strong mint flavor, like cough drop strong). Or Meji chocolate, where the dark is the strength of the milk we are used to in the US You need to get Meiji 100 to get real dark, and that's dark on the baking chocolate level. I just leave the whole thing behind (Give me a nice bar of Cote d' Or Noir anyday)

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Let's all remember that this is a RWBY thread lol
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Really I thought we were in the coffee/ Asian products thread. If you like I am not doing anything I do not think so I will set it up tomorrow if you could tell me how.

Lastly I really do think that Blake will turn out to be fauna. I can not wait to see peoples reactions. I am willing to bet that Ruby will have a cuteness overload.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:41 pm

This page
http://puu.sh/4HGCJ.jpg

At the bottom there's this

:D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:17 am

Tenshi, who is Colton geer if you don't mind my asking?
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:44 am

Freaked out a second, then remembering I took a full ss.
He's a close friend of mine.
Hm...you all can see my tabs...I feel exposed... :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 pm

heh, look at this newb. i run like 50-80 tabs.

Jaune did not impress me in this latest episode. Obviously the headmaster must be aware, but it does not really improve things.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby rac7d » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Mercen-X wrote:Jaune didn't steal anything. His was simply an extra spot. Like he said "Fake transcripts." He didn't steal anything from anyone. More likely, someone wanted him at this school and supplied him with the papers. Cardin is probably not the only person he's going to be having to deal with in coming episodes.

It's been suggested at tropes that Jaune was kept out of battle schools because he's a MacGuffin and can't be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. I'm not well-versed in Anime/Manga as I would like to be, but this concept says at least one word to me: Naruto.

I didn't like the voice-acting of Cardin and Oobleck in this episode.

Have we gotten confirmation anywhere that Ozpin really is drinking coffee? Are we sure he's not drinking tea? Seeing that he always has a cup of it with him, I would expect him to be at least half as hyper as Oobleck and yet he's as calm as a Jedi Master. Amazingly, Oobleck seems to be drinking his from a teacup (or a small styrofoam cup)

Its a private school/college like place. They only take the best of the best each semester. Yes by forging his transcripts to pose as a competant student he stole the opertunity from someon who did deserve his place. What makes it so terrrble is that he has the nerve to sleep in class asfter pulling that crap. What an ass.

There is defintly somthing specila about Juan, Im not sure what about him is valuble, yet but you dont just focus on a beta chracter like him for no reason.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:39 pm

I might have already said this but I doubt he actually fooled Ozpin. I am willing to bet the only reason he is at the academy is because Ozpin wants him there. And I really don't think Ozpin would deny someone a place if they deserved it. They are learning how to fight monsters, a potentially fatal profession, I assume they need all the fighters they can get. Or maybe I just have SnK on the brain.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Maybe it's similar to the Naruto Chunin exams (yes, I'm not letting go) and Ozpin is impressed that Jaune was able to fake those transcripts.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 am

I am enjoying these
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Pre-episode placeholder post:

TEAM CRDL IS CARDINAL? YOU MEAN TEAM CURDLE. AHAHAHAHAHA

Post-episode post:

Jaune does something right, Ruby is fucking sagely for SOME reason, and team Curdle is about to get shit on.

Team Curdle will fall by their own hubris, and become either less shitty as reformed badniks or on the road to evil Malfoy-style.

I am glad that Jaune decided that Pyrrha was worth not attacking, thereby putting her above him.

I just want to see the culmination of this already. The writing is barely at the Harry Potter level of complexity, and we have a much more stinted schedule.

I would love to write for this series. Anybody want to get me into contact with them? No idea how I could, but I know I would be able to fix some of the shit they've got going on in this little ditty.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm

I can't tell if I'm more excited for the show or the aftershow.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:08 am

Well, at least the whole thing with the blackmail will not last much longer.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Team JNPR needs pajamas.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)