RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Krest wrote:JNPR could wipe out any RWBY that goes solo.
4 on 1 are pretty insurmountable odds when the teams are so evenly matched. If that 1 happened to be Ozpin though, I am sure he would win with little effort.

rac7d, you are my favourite person on this thread. You use gifs when you need to prove a point.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby rac7d » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Krest wrote:I'd say that Blake is more of a Red Mage.

She is relatively weak in all aspects - she just combines her various weak attacks, thus making combos. Combo-ing is fine...if you can keep a chain. The robot knights were all over the place and used basic, pre-programmed moves. They also seemed to be made out of weak material - as any strike from any character could most likely break them. The fight with the Demon Bird showed how bad Blake fights if she can't establish a combo chain.

Honestly, she'd be the best character for PvP against JNPR - if she fights each character individually. Like I said before, JNPR could wipe out any RWBY that goes solo. Her Dexterity lets her adjust quickly to a situation - thus helping her create chains - but against great defense, speed, and other attributes, she may not be able to establish said chain.

So i haven't played a final fantasy game in a while so I had to look up red mage. I guess you mean she is jack of all stats but doesnt exceed in any area? Would that not be ruby. She is not the fastest, or the strongest, nor is she the most mobile. She is the true jack of all stats (+main character awesome powers).

I feel like your still ignoring that she has the highest speed in the show.Which also makes her the most evasive. The robot knights can be assumed to be owned by the Shnee family,which would make them top of the line security. Sure she was unable to dent the Nevermore(demon bird) but neither was anyone else. Yang only disoriented it by hitting common weak spots, eyes, mouth, etc.

ari-6 wrote: You use gifs when you need to prove a point.

Yea I like gif, i think they liven up threads.

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Blake isn't the fastest. Ruby is - we see this in her trailer. Ruby focuses on damage based on a volley of attacks with high attack speed.

Red Mages aren't known to have anything to do with stats. Rather, they have the abilities other classes do - they can only get Tier 1 and possibly Tier 2 abilities, however. Blake represents this by using a weapon with various different modes. Her weapon does not excel in any form. Rather, she has to switch between those forms again and again - which Red Mages have to do with their abilities - in order to combo.

As I said before, her stat is Dexterity. That doesn't make her fast - it just makes her dexterous.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:40 am

ari-6 wrote:
Krest wrote:JNPR could wipe out any RWBY that goes solo.
4 on 1 are pretty insurmountable odds when the teams are so evenly matched. If that 1 happened to be Ozpin though, I am sure he would win with little effort.

I assume he meant that any single member of JNPR could take on a solo member of RWBY but if the teams went all out against each other there would be a clear RWBY victor in there somewhere.

Blake is the fastest. Her speed is natural. She has no tricks. Yang and Ruby rely on recoil and Weiss relies on Dust. Blake is the fastest. Suck it up.

You can't go by the trailers either. Monty himself confirmed the Red trailer as a WEAPON resume. Key word there, try not to miss it. Therefore, we can, in fact, assume Ruby does not yet possess the level of proficiency she showed in her trailer. She is, however, noticeably skilled enough with Crescent Rose to avoid falling to her death.

Ruby's seeming edge over Nora is due to Crow's training before which she admits she was "garbage", however, she is also headstrong which she demonstrates in trying to attack the Deathstalker on her own to prove she can handle it. Her brash actions typically lead to trouble. Nora may be mouthy, but she clearly knows what she's doing.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 am

Mercen-X wrote:I assume he meant that any single member of JNPR could take on a solo member of RWBY but if the teams went all out against each other there would be a clear RWBY victor in there somewhere.

Um, no. JNPR as a whole would be evenly matched against any two members of RWBY. That's what I meant.

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 am

Hmm. Ew.

Skree

Postby rac7d » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:35 am

Krest wrote:
Mercen-X wrote:I assume he meant that any single member of JNPR could take on a solo member of RWBY but if the teams went all out against each other there would be a clear RWBY victor in there somewhere.

Um, no. JNPR as a whole would be evenly matched against any two members of RWBY. That's what I meant.

Your either thinking to little of JNPR or to grand of RWBY. 4 on 2 matches would overwhelm Anyone.It's still to early to say who would defeat who

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:42 am

Nora can take on a 1v2. I'm feel confident when saying so.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 am

I am not so sure if that two would be members of RWBY OR JNPR but she could easily take on a few mooks. I think the only thing we can agree on is that anyone could beat Jaune 1v1. I feel safe in saying Pyrrha could beat Weiss, Ruby beats Jaune but Blake vs Ren? Yang vs Nora? who can say. Ren's weapons have larger range but Blake could close the gap in a second and they both are very capable in hand to hand. Nora has a massive damage radius but that decreases once you get in close and Yang is much more skilled in hand to hand by virtue of her weapon and Nora's hammer looks like the most physically impractical weapon of all. There really is no way to guess for certain. I also agree that Jaune will become a strategist type character, the kind like Zero from code geass. Not as hammy or chess master'y but what I mean is, he is less skilled so he won't spend as much time close to the fight, which means he will have a better view and has already shown he can think fast in battle.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:05 am

Jaune's going to pull Excalibur out his ass and fuck everyone up. Watch, he'll get his spotlight moment.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 am

I expect Weiss-level long range spellcasting from Jaune in addition to some fierce swordplay.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Jaune's probably gonna get some kind of "avatar" manifested from his aura or something. That's normally how these things go.

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:41 pm

So I worked together with a Wikier named Sorairo to decipher the lyrics to the song played during the battles (it's apparently called Red Like Roses Pt II) which will be released on iTunes within the next few days. We got most of the lyrics on sheer luck, had some help from other listeners with differing opinions, and, well, just kept playing it back. The official lyrics were released yesterday and we were happy that a lot of the parts you can't hear clear were pretty close to what we had guessed.

I couldn't take it, couldn't stand another minute
Couldn't bear another day without you in it
All of the joy that I had know for all my life
Was stripped away from me the minute that you died

To have you in my life was all I ever wanted
But now without you I'm a soul forever haunted
Can't help but feel that I had taken you for granted
No way in hell that I can ever comprehend this

I wasn't dreaming when they told me you were gone
I was wide awake and feeling that they had to be wrong
How could you leave me when you swore that you would stay?
Now I'm stuck inside a nightmare every single effing day

It's like a movie but there's not a happy ending
Every scene fades black and there's no pre-tending
This little fairy tale doesn't seem to end well
There's no knight in shining armor who will wake me from the spell

I know you didn't plan this
You tried to do what's right
But in the middle of this madness
I'm the one you left to win this fight

Red like roses
Fills my head with dreams and finds me
Always closer
to the emptiness and sadness
That has come to take the place of you.

In case anyone felt like analyzing

Skree

Postby Krest » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Niiice. So, does this have anything to do with Blake's disappearance?

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Probably not. My initial thoughts on the lyrics were that the first part pertained to Ruby (and whoever that cliffside altar is for), the second to Weiss (and her battle with the Knight), the third to Blake (although given that Blake was the one that left Adam, this could be from his perspective)... the fourth could fit Yang if we still insisted some of the inspiration for her character came from Aurora.

Skree

Postby rac7d » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 pm

The song will be released this week but the writer said it is not complete and the full song will be on the album

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:06 am

There are some genderbends of Juniper recently up on DA. I've said that I feel that a male version of Nora would be a little creepy, a little psychotic in battle, and extremely annoying in his relationship with Rei (GB Ren). I didn't even get into how weird it is to consider a genderbend of a genderbend (if, in fact, Jaune is not the only gb on his team).

Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 pm

You know, it'd be easier for you to just link what you're talking about :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm

eh, not detailed enough for me to care. I'll sit this one out.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:08 pm

There is also a discussion on the RWBY Wiki about why people continually refer to Jaune as Juan some theorizing that people really do think that that is his name while others simply accept that they are either dyslexic or type too fast and don't proof-read (or perhaps their computer is auto-correcting since Juan may be in the "dictionary" while Jaune is probably not).
Mercen-X wrote:Jaune is not Juan even if Jaune looks like Juan and people think Juan is Jaune it's still untrue that Jaune is Juan because Juan can't be Jaune since Juan is Juan and Jaune is Jaune which means 'yellow' but I don't know what Juan means other than John which is also not Jaune but sounds like Jaune because both sound like Jon which is not Jaune either but John and Jon are closer to Jaune than Juan because Juan is Spanish thus pronounced 'hwahn' so can't be Jaune no matter how much Juan may look like Jaune.

Skree

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Jaune's name is based on Joan of Arc who was originally called Jeanne d'Arc. It's French. It's pronounced differently from Juan which is Spanish.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Short hand on the internet...oh no....
btw Krest, I'm on Skype
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Short hand on the internet...oh no....

Where?

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Mercen-x, Great job working to translate the words from the song, Even if they released the lyrics regardless. As to weather there are any GBs on JNPR besides jaune. It depends on weather you consider Nora a GB of Thor. Her weapon is a hammer and her symbol is a hammer with a lightning bolt. Also do we know exactly what Ren's influence is. I know his name means huntsman but I still think I might be missing something, I am not ready to accept that there are no other influences just yet.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)