RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
rac7d wrote:Did Nora remind anyone else of patty from soul eater?

She reminds me of Harley Quinn from batman. Giant mallets, weird looking grenade launcher, and insane personality obsessing over one particular individual who is particularly annoyed by her. I can't see why not.

^ this

Biostar wrote:I seriously didn't expect Jaune to be a strategist.

I did. He said he inherited the blade from his G-san during the war. Yet the blade was in peek shape. This shows a high level of attention to detail by his ancestor. Being that proud of such ancestor, it was most likely that Jaune studied him and the war alot. Plus, his lack of practice yet acceptance into the school probably meant he had a VERY high level of theory - so thus knowledge.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:37 pm

To me she is a total expy of Pepper from Armored adventures.
rac7d wrote:Oh and did everyone see Blake's bow twitch like cat ears? I jumped at that
WHAT?! WHEN?! WHERE?! I KNEW IT!!!
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby DarkKing » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Krest wrote:
DarkKing wrote:I wonder what Roman plans to do with all that Dust he's collecting.

Well, there are tons of X marks on the map. I'm guessing terrorism. Or just normal revolution, but still.

Hmm you might be right about that. I was thinking maybe he would use them to power something since Dust can be used as a power source as well.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Biostar wrote:I seriously didn't expect Jaune to be a strategist.

I went onto the WMG portion of TVTropes where someone suggested he'd turn out a strategist. I blatantly refuted that theory. I had to return with my tail in and confirm it fact.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby rac7d » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:24 pm

ari-6 wrote:To me she is a total expy of Pepper from Armored adventures.
rac7d wrote:Oh and did everyone see Blake's bow twitch like cat ears? I jumped at that
WHAT?! WHEN?! WHERE?! I KNEW IT!!!

Check it man. Mabey she keeps them under inside the bow, like an oven mitt. I cant wait until she takes them off, she will be the cutest kitten ever.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Can't believe I never saw the Black Cat reference there.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Her bow also twitches when she asks Yang about Ruby. I still doubt they are ears. It's just a comedic quirk.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, electronic cat ears DO exist in our world. Their world has close to the level of tech ours does so there's no reason they can't have electronic cat ears too.

Postby Guardian » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:02 am

Mercen-X wrote:Her bow also twitches when she asks Yang about Ruby. I still doubt they are ears. It's just a comedic quirk.

This is what I'm thinking too. 85% of what these guys do is for the lulz.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:01 am

I have always said how I hope her bow will turn out to be ears. And this is the closest thing to "proof" until the story reveals she is actually fauna or until she takes her bow off. Thank you Rac7d for going out of you'r way to make a GIF.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:12 am

I still think it's just the tech of their world - not just the same as ours but magical in nature too.

Since there's no tail.

Postby rac7d » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 am

i gues it can still be either or. We do know that there is a species of people with animal traits in that world, treated like second class citizens. So it is defintly possible, but then agani it could just be an anime thing, or mabey an electronic headband. I'm still going with kitty amd I bet it woul be either nora or yang to figure it out.

So teams RWBY and JNPR do they seem balanced? I have a feeling Jaun was homeschooled , which is why he is so clueless to so many things. His father passed down onto him the basic/classic figting techniques and strategy. Though i wonder what Ozpin saw that made him want to accept Juan. Then we have Phyrra a junior hunting chapion. She seems to be Weiss's opssite since she excels in overall combat. Nora the team Powerhouse,possibly more effective then Yangice since she uses a Hammer rather then her fist. Finally Ren who during episode 8 proved to be Blakes euqal. To me it appears that this teams has alot more Offesnive Power then RWBY does.

Postby BeeAre » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 pm

They are more evenly handled. Jaune and Pyrrha are extremely durable and quick to establish a stalemate from which Nora and Ren can lead offense from. Two "tank" characters to two "deeps" characters.

Biostar noted the difference between the Deathstalker Scorpion and the Nevermore Bird: defensive and offensive, specifically. So too are JNPR and RWBY.

RWBY is more about offense. Only Yang can be considered a Tank character, and she still prefers offense and damage. Blake and Ruby dance around the most, relying on evasion and mobility to do their Deeps. Weiss has the most control of all the characters, with demonstrated long-range spell-casting, and so is the only "support" class, capable of altering the battlefield with nothing but her own power to the advantage of her team. She definitely has a weakness when it comes to establishing her spells, being unable to get into position unless she has sufficient time to do so, but as the only person so far who can activate a spell at range, it gives her a unique position.

Between Yang and Weiss, you have more maneuverability for Blake and Ruby. They will end up attacking more.

Would be nice to see a fight between the two teams. Some kind of spar. With any confidence in his ability to do so, Jaune's ability to direct his team would expand pretty significantly. More than Ruby, that's for sure. Ruby wants to do damage to people and get mad deeps. Jaune is perfectly content to let Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora get into the thick of shit while he organizes their movements. I figure a fight between them would teach team RWBY to emulate some of the the team dynamics in JNPR.

maybe Blake should have been made the leader so they could be team BRWY and get to drink all day with the dinosaur that keeps cropping up in joke photos :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:24 pm

rac7d wrote: I bet it woul be either nora or yang to figure it out.
Actually I think Wiess would be the first to find out by accident because Blake being fauna would put her in an awkward situation.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:38 pm

As BeeAre said, JNPR can be more defensive than RWBY but I'll give my own assessment.

Jaune, as I said before, has much more theory than practice. This puts him at a disadvantage and keeps him from tanking all the time - while Pyrrha can keep tanking efficiently and provide pin-point range support damage. I keep mentioning Vindi because it's perfect to describe the effectiveness of different movesets. Javelins in both stun the monster and give major damage. Pyrrha, thus, has a melee + range ability - rather than just ranged attacks which we've seen give little to no damage.

Nora is far less experienced with her Warhammer than Ruby is with her scythe - she is also much slower with it. Lie can tank just as much as Yang with evasive tanking but can also manipulate his aura for temporary endurance-tanking as we've already scene. Weiss may also be able to tank with defensive buff spells as we've seen that she can create offensive-buff and terrain spells. Blake is a VERY weak character when compared to everyone else. I'd say she has about the same combative power as Jaune as her weapon seems to be more for exploration and obstacles.

All and all, I'd say that RWBY would win in a fight. They have enough offense to break the enemy's defense and enough defense to fall back on - as long as they aren't separated and then group'd up on.

The following happen to be the special traits I've noticed in the characters:

Jaune - Willpower

Ruby - Attack (Atk Spd, etc)

Blake - Dexterity

Nora - Strength (Atk Power, etc)

Pyrrha - Accuracy

Lie - Wisdom

Weiss - Intelligence

Yang - Charisma

None of them have true Endurance, which is odd. Most likely, CRDL's Cardin will have this trait - but we have yet to see them in battle. [I picked Charisma for Yang and Willpower for Jaune more because of what those stats do in games rather than actual levels of charisma and willpower - in which Yang would have willpower and Jaune would have charisma.]

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Krest wrote:Nora is far less experienced with her Warhammer than Ruby is with her scythe

Hm...idk. Nora proves to be creative and very efficient with her hammer. So far in the show, I believe Ruby has messed up more combat wise when compared to Nora. Not to mention Nora clearly gives no fucks.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Krest wrote:Nora is far less experienced with her Warhammer than Ruby is with her scythe

Hm...idk. Nora proves to be creative and very efficient with her hammer. So far in the show, I believe Ruby has messed up more combat wise when compared to Nora. Not to mention Nora clearly gives no fucks.

I was referring to Ruby in her trailer. There's nothing in the series so far that shows she couldn't do the same thing from the get-go in the series that she did in the trailer - rather, that she just didn't need to do that much yet.

Nora, on the other hand, rarely attacks at all. She can ride a bear? That's cool. She has an Usopp hammer? Also nice. She can RIDE her hammer? That's...flashy. But as for actual combative ability, Ruby seems to be more experienced than Nora.

We all know Amy is a cool character and all but she's nothing compared to Blaze the Cat. Nora's strength is amazing but Ruby just has far more efficiency in battle from what I've seen.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Nora should get trailer...it'd be as valid as an argument as yours
She got Juane across, and went in when needed. She used her weapon's proper form when necessary. Riding a hammer? Flashy and creative. Ruby and Nora both abuse recoil, Nora just hasn't had as many opportunities so far.

She didn't just ride that bear, she broke it. lol
Ruby attacked when it wasn't needed, where as Nora got her hits in when she could, laughing the entire way through. Just my opinion, but Ruby seemed to be taking it a lot more seriously than Nora.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:09 pm

I like to assume Ruby can be as skilled as in the trailer when there is nothing to distract her. I am still disappointed by her personality but I suppose now she is more relatable. One thing is for certain, none of the characters are as OP as in the trailers. I am also a little disappointed by the grim. Before I saw them as monsters made of shadow but now they have all these white parts. Also have they decided the grim are all going to be animals now? I really wanted to see more black nights later on.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby BeeAre » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Blake's maneuverability and speed should not be underestimated. Nor Nora's madcap approach.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm

"The Grim" could just be the name of the enemy in general - no matter what their specification. Like, the robot knights and bone beasts would both be classified as grim.

Postby BeeAre » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:47 pm

No, the Grimm are definitely the monsters who are without Aura. Though you could say that the robots, also lacking Aura, are in a sense a new sort of Grimm.
BR

Postby rac7d » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Krest wrote: Blake is a VERY weak character when compared to everyone else. I'd say she has about the same combative power as Jaune as her weapon seems to be more for exploration and obstacles.

.]

WEAK ? How is she weak. I guess she hasnt done anything flashy yet. But do you really think she weak or like Juan? Knowing monty if Blake hasnt done anything big yet it only becasue it would spoil somthing bigger down the line. Since the her trailer debut she seems like a more efficient Ruby
If you want rank team RWBY on physical strenght. I want to say Yang is first. She has yet to do anything outrageous but it all point to her as the team tank. Now RWBY without out recoil can slice though a thick tree with one swipe. Is that becasue she is just that strong or the blade is jsut the sharp I'm not sure. Then weiss, is using an eppee and is more profficent in magic (she fights like aqua from kingdom hearts) so of course she has the least physical strenght.

From what we have seen so far she is the fastest on the team and of all character introduced. Noticed during the temple collapsing in episode 8 she is the only one who did not need recoil to get back up. Running up thoes walls with dem ninja skills. Though I do agree she would be ideal for scouting ahead becasue of her speed and stealth but that is not her only use jsut one of her many talents. Monty mentioned her realtionship to adam was like an apprenticeship. So he may of been her teacher, I don't think she went to another academy before applying to Beacon. I wonder if he knows exactly who she is?

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 pm

I thought Blake was clearly the assassin type. Go in, rape, leave.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I'd say that Blake is more of a Red Mage.

She is relatively weak in all aspects - she just combines her various weak attacks, thus making combos. Combo-ing is fine...if you can keep a chain. The robot knights were all over the place and used basic, pre-programmed moves. They also seemed to be made out of weak material - as any strike from any character could most likely break them. The fight with the Demon Bird showed how bad Blake fights if she can't establish a combo chain.

Honestly, she'd be the best character for PvP against JNPR - if she fights each character individually. Like I said before, JNPR could wipe out any RWBY that goes solo. Her Dexterity lets her adjust quickly to a situation - thus helping her create chains - but against great defense, speed, and other attributes, she may not be able to establish said chain.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)