RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:51 am

They'll probably do one over the mid-season break.

Interesting discovery: Goldilocks was originally an old ugly grey-haired woman before she was a little girl. For a long time, that same little girl had silver hair and many have acknowledge similarities between the tale and Snow White's arrival at the Dwarves' house. Even the qualities of silver hair and ugliness (if on a behavioral level) fit Weiss's character.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:08 pm

I think yang definitely represents Goldilocks. That, I think, is the reason why her color is sometimes referred to as gold. The idea that one character could take on traits of two fairytale characters is an interesting one. It happens all the time in works where the writer tries to link fairytales together but this is not a retelling of the stories, it only has characters inspired by them so it would be interesting to see, if they decided to do it. I have never heard that version of Goldilocks but then the Grimm version of the stories is just one version, not the original. Has it been confirmed that RWBY is going on a mid season break? I know it would be to give them time to make more episodes but I would rather wait longer for a season that take a break in between. Having just thought about that I take it back. Especially if they end mid season on a cliffhanger.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:28 pm

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more

So its thursday. You're really excited for something but you not sure what. After you were playing half life 2 for four hours, you then look at this forum thread and suddenly remembered what you were so goddamn excited about. A new episode of RWBY! An hour later when the episode releases, you anticipate some action for once after ten minutes worth of character development in the span of four weeks. But unfortunately, it only shows you how they all get down and how few of them meet up. Which is disappointing but strangely enough not surprising as the episodes actually seem to start get shorter than the previous one. The episode then ends leaving you starting to get angry at roosterteeth for having the episodes so short now.

That was me at the end of the day today. Weird thing about the angry-at-roosterteeth part is that I was wearing a red lantern t shirt and a red lantern ring that I got from amazon and the comic book store, respectively, the same day.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh that was 4 minutes well spent. Ruby is so lovable c:

I wished for Ruby and Weiss, now we wait for Yang and Blake.
The partnering was a bit obvious, but I still feel a tiny bit of pride for some reason.

Got to say, Yang's took the lead like a fucking boss.

Oh, and thanks for the link Doc.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:42 pm

You're welcome.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm really hoping that in the next episode Ruby BAMPFs in like a boss and pretty much recreates her debut trailer on those monsters.

Also, I'm still kind of getting over the slight whiplash of Ruby's personality being way different from how she "seemed" in her debut trailer. Despite said whiplash I still find myself cheering for her so she's obviously doing something right.
(Having what I consider to be the best character design in the show doesn't hurt either.)
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:04 pm

I honestly don't see how she's different from her trailers. She's calm and quiet when she fights, it's part of her comfort zone. Makes perfect sense to me.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Pyrrha : spear : Jaune... I totally called it. Granted it was obvious, but I usually don't get these things right so it's a triumphant moment. Jaune's location upon landing: cited as obvious. Rose-Weiss: cited as obvious.

The manner in which Rose : Weiss. I expected a bolt-glare "not you!" moment. Oh, well. Notice Ren stopped short as Nora disappeared ahead? No partnership there for now. Also notice they still managed to avoid showing Nora's weapon..? I guess they're really hoping to build up the mystique on that item. I did not expect Pyrrha's spear-alt. That was... well, I don't know how I really feel about it yet.

Yang: "(chipper) Nailed it..!"

Blake's not appearing in the past couple of episode makes me wary of her. Of course Pyrrha's seeming to like Jaune makes me a little wary of her too.
Last edited by Mercen-X on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 pm

She is completely different personality wise. But that is because when Monty made the first trailer he had not decided on a personality for Ruby. The same goes for Wiess. Is that thing at the end meant to be a Beowulf? I do not think I like the new design. I like how these weapons get less physically possible each time I see them. It was funny how Wiess refused to acknowledge what just happened.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:44 pm

I honestly don't get where you all see the personality problems :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I wish the episodes were longer, but I still enjoyed it. I'm really starting to like Pyrrha, I think her and Jaune will make a great team.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 am

team Couple. Already getting on the ship, I'm sure a bunch of others have already started it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:08 am

What just happened?

By the way, my mom said something when I mentioned Dust that made me facepalm for my own stupidity. "Fairy dust."

Skree

Postby BeeAre » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 am

Okay so, that episode was wank in a lot of directions but summarized, spoilers: Jaune-Pyrrha OTP. Yang still and always best character. Ruby irritating with Weiss standoffish but both made a team because HOW ELSE ARE THEY GOING TO BOND. Whoever the guy with the green things is had the coolest single move as an entrance. Move along, nothing else to see here; SMELL YA NEXT WEEK, RWBY (no seriously she leaks an inescapably fragrant trail of rose petals like so much pretentious dandruff).
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 am

It's true, I cannot stand the smell of flowers. Anything that "blossoms" is not awesome. hurhurhur I mayd dat up.

I feel stupid. This whole time I thought Oum had released the official name for Ren's guns and likewise for Pyrrha's spear. God... Now Pyrrha's spear is being called a Xiflelin... what the f?

About Adam: The first time I've seen someone refer to Adam as a mercenary is on Tropes. Also, about the Scatter and Wilt. I wonder if there's relation there to the slot terms Scatter and Wild. Adam does seem a little wild when he cuts loose (laughing arrogantly before slicing the landscape) and Ruby's fighting style is a bit of a scatter (or zigzag).

Skree

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:49 pm

So magnaspear was a placeholder? Called it!
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby rac7d » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:55 pm

RWBY is on crunchyroll and people love it.
Im glad people are accepting it as an anime
Mabey after the first season Roster teeth could star a manga adaptation of the series

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:34 pm

A manga would be awesome! They should enlist Bleedman. :P

Off-topic to the max: you know that horseradish sauce smells/tastes like nail polish/remover?

Skree

Postby BeeAre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm

animation and static art are REALLY different mediums. :X
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby rac7d » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Mercen-X wrote:A manga would be awesome! They should enlist Bleedman. :P

Off-topic to the max: you know that horseradish sauce smells/tastes like nail polish/remover?

Actually I think the winner of their movie poster contest would do an excellent job

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm

If they made a comic adaptation (There is so much importance placed on colour, I doubt they would go with manga) would it be based on the main series? Would it be prequel series? Who would draw it? How would it be presented? I like the idea of a graphic novel adaptation but RT only just made an attempt at tackling a media which was completely new to them. I can definitely see the benefits of having a book series published by a company like Dark horse to bolster their already sizable popularity and maybe bring in some new viewers but it would not be until years down the line after RWBY proved monumentally popular. But I really hope they do so then in five years I can be sitting, reading my RWBY graphic novel and think back to this conversation and maybe one day we will even see a RT production on the public broadcast.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Guardian » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:37 pm

I think you'd be more likely to see fan-comics of it.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 pm

RWBY fan comics will be a dime a dozen. They are being drawn right now I would bet. Who knows what they will be about considering we know so little about the story or the characters.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 am

Anything a fan could come up with would be better than what we have so far precisely because we know nothing.

Skree

Postby rac7d » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:50 am

I said after the season had aired

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)