RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 am

Theres a few things that remind me of soul eater. We got a creepy ass moon, and a acamedy that trains children to use kick ass weapons.
Never anger a magician

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:34 am

yea some of it does remind me of soul eater mixed with like 12 other shows/games
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 am

They also really did improve on the voice acting compared to the trailers.
Never anger a magician

Postby Dibullba » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Of course new series will remind you of other series. Just gotta get further into the plot to see where it will differ. One thing I can say for sure, Soul Eater wish it could have this much action in it over a short period of time.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm

In case it's not clear, the actual episode is out, but on RoosterTeeth 's main page.

If someone already posted a link, welp, I've gotta go download the movie Memento. That statement, btw, is going to be my new catchphrase to describe the deterioration of my memory.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 pm

It came out on the 18th at my place rather than the 19th.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I have a lot of "hopes" that I want to see happen in this, such as Rose vs Yang, but way too early in all of this to hope for such things.

I do wish they would fill in more of the background and the people with color and stuff other than just leaving them blank.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

A lot of shows do that. They talked about it at the panels,the wernt gonna develop models for characters they wernt gonna use over and over. Honestly it's a step up from soul eater they would have shadow figure people by they made no sound or moved

I wanna know about that white fang organization Blake is starting to make sense to me

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:03 pm

rac7d wrote:A lot of shows do that.

Still looks like a half-assed job.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:08 pm

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more

New episode, quite funny actually, ruby turns into a chibi, wiess is a bitch, yada yada yada....

I think blake could like batman. I don't know why that floated in my head. Could be that she looks a little like a bat, and a ninja. Batman is (was) a ninja and looks like a bat. Maybe thats why.
Last edited by MERASMUS! on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never anger a magician

Postby rac7d » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 pm

i love the ending song
wish it had some animatic to it but still great

also blake has a sexy walk

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm

The way ruby turned into a chibi is almost completely unexpected by me and how it is implemented in the show. Monty is really doing well at making Rwby look like a computer animated anime series because of that.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Saw it yesterday :D
For the past week I was trying to remember where I heard about a place named Beacon, and was finally reminded while watching it lol
Ruby is now my favorite character <3, Yang's not nearly as funny or bitchy as I hoped. :(
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:18 am

I still have not been able to watch the full episode :frown: I guess my computer sucks :unsure: I need to get my laptop fixed cause my pc is outdated.

The girls make me think of the fairytale females and Ruby's appearance at a grave with a rose makes me wonder if they could be their kin (or, more accurately, their kids). If so, I'd say the obvious connections would be Ruby as Red Riding Hood's sister or daughter, Weiss to Alice, Blake to Snow White, and Yang to Aurora (or maybe Goldie Locks, but then there are a lot of characters with blonde hair, she could be related to Miss Muffet).
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby rac7d » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:39 pm

They uploaded the first episode on youtube it can be viewed

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Saw it yesterday :D
For the past week I was trying to remember where I heard about a place named Beacon, and was finally reminded while watching it lol
Ruby is now my favorite character <3, Yang's not nearly as funny or bitchy as I hoped. :(

But dat rack!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm glad they fixed the voice acting, though I wish the opening's vocal was better.

Ruby is clearly not related to Yang, but they are still sister, coupled with the grave, maybe she was adopted into Yang's family? Weiss was quite unexpected, that was nothing like from the trailer. I wonder if the bitchy attitude was completely an act, or some of it is real.

Dust have elemental powers, but the only one like that from the White trailer is ice. Red is supposed to be fire, yet the red dust from the rapier had some strength/barrier ability. How would that work?

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 am

How the hell did I get on top of this? Third episode is out folks.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 am

URABAMF?

Also, pajamas. :D The, "No." was so expected, but it got me more than it should have.
The interactions were all fun to watch, I'm expecting action next episode, that initiation should be fun.
Ruby's left handed.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:54 pm

I am also very much enjoying this series. I was a little bit disappointing that Ruby and Wiess' personalities differed from the trailers but that has been explained the creator did not have an idea for how they would act until the voices were decided. I was also unhappy that the animation does not seem up to the same standard as the trailers but this could be explained by having less time to work on an episode. If you compare animation in season 8 of RvB to season 10 the difference is huge
so I expect that by season 3 this will as visually impressive as any anime. I could not be happier with the voices. They are much improved from the trailers and I expect it to be of professional quality before too long. It is a long way off but Monty has kept with most anime traditions so far so I look forward to seeing if the characters get costume changes in season 2. I am also looking forward to Ozpin's first fight. You just know it is going to go big. Like Dumbledore vs Voldemort or Death vs Asura. That is all I think.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:55 pm

I wonder if that one woman battling Glinda in the first episode and the intro turns out to be Glinda Goodwitch's sister. If you compare the wicked witch of the west who also seems to be fond of fire based attacks, you would at least chuckle to yourself thinking about the possibility.

But then again the characters aren't really based on fairy tales they allude to. But I just can't help but thinking that it wouldn't be much of a surprise anyway.
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm

The woman in shadow was wearing glass slippers if that is anything to go by.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:43 am

I'm a bit disappointed at the last two episodes. Being a 5-minute episode, I expected it to be something similar to Clone Wars 2D series. There is way too much dialogue for this short amount of time. Three episodes in, I don't feel hooked in this series.

Sadly, Yang is not enough. :<
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 am

I strongly disapprove of Weiss so far. Not the character, just her behavior. She's freakin' Veruca Salt! I don't much approve of Blake either. She's so much more closeted than in the trailer.

My hope for episode 4 is some actual combat and my theory is that the first four episodes will actually later be combined into an hour long premiere. Having released four trailers promoting intense and complicated gun fu, the first episode only features two short battles and the subsequent episodes feature zero.

As for Glinda having a sister... I don't know. The original Glinda didn't have a sister, did she? The wicked witches weren't related to Glinda. It's possible that the witch in the flyer is not related to Oz in any way. She has what appears to be a pair of wings tattooed on her back (outlining a heart). Diamonds also seem to appear on her design quite frequently. I kind of want to suggest she is a genderbend of Jafar. lol Do we even have any theories as to who Adam, Junior, Milsha, and May are supposed to represent (I fully expect them to appear in future episodes).
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 am

Well they don't want mindless fighting, I don't see a problem with character development and some plot, I'm sure everyone would love to see a certain kind of plot.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)