New Sugar Bits Comic: "Private Comfort" (Feb 4th 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Sugar Bits Comic: "Private Comfort" (Feb 4th 2013)

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Wow. Bad relationship.
Last edited by Guardian on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Private Comfort" (Feb 4th 2013)

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 pm

well first where is the page( never mind now )

second Hansel is all patched up now

third I wonder why they are headbutting each other in the picture
Last edited by K13-ZAR on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm

They're fighting.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Blood Lord wrote:They're fighting.

why would they take a picture of them fighting with each other though

Postby achthenuts » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Lulz didn't expect the 2nd panel.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Cerulean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:33 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:

Perhaps the photo was taken to commemorate one of the calmer interactions between the two? If I remember correctly, despite seeing bo and king together in a few pages previously, their interactions with each other have not been delved into that deeply (although we have seen that King cares very deeply about Bo). So what I'm guessing is that they have a lot of "Father-Daughter" fights, and that this photo is one of the more tame moments between the two. Or maybe someone just wanted to snap a picture of the two fighting for memory's sake (a big lion butting heads with a little lamb). In which case their relationship is probably normal and this photo was just for the purpose of showing a walk down memory lane.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:

Perhaps the photo was taken to commemorate one of the calmer interactions between the two? If I remember correctly, despite seeing bo and king together in a few pages previously, their interactions with each other have not been delved into that deeply (although we have seen that King cares very deeply about Bo). So what I'm guessing is that they have a lot of "Father-Daughter" fights, and that this photo is one of the more tame moments between the two. Or maybe someone just wanted to snap a picture of the two fighting for memory's sake (a big lion butting heads with a little lamb). In which case their relationship is probably normal and this photo was just for the purpose of showing a walk down memory lane.

makes sense I guess :unsure:

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Re last panel: When did Cthulu get a doctors degree?

and a really silly question (silly because I know the answer has to be "no") King is a lion, he rules a kingdom of candy.....Is he King Leo? (God help you if you get this reference)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:and a really silly question (silly because I know the answer has to be "no") King is a lion, he rules a kingdom of candy.....Is he King Leo? (God help you if you get this reference)

who is King Leo?

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 am

K13-ZAR wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:and a really silly question (silly because I know the answer has to be "no") King is a lion, he rules a kingdom of candy.....Is he King Leo? (God help you if you get this reference)

who is King Leo?

Clearly you've never played Candyland before. He's the King of Candyland. Luckily though, This King doesn't tule over a kingdom of candy.

K13-ZAR wrote:

Its a way to inform the audience that relationships between the two really aren't at their best.

Semper Vigilans

Postby K13-ZAR » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 am

Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:

who is King Leo?

Clearly you've never played Candyland before. He's the King of Candyland. Luckily though, This King doesn't tule over a kingdom of candy.

WAIT! Candyland.....I loved that boardgame when I was little( jumps up and down like a little kid ) but I don't remember seeing the names of the characters anywhere

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 am

K13-ZAR wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:

who is King Leo?

WAIT! Candyland.....I loved that boardgame when I was little( jumps up and down like a little kid ) but I don't remember seeing the names of the characters anywhere

Actually I was referencing this, was I the only one who grew up on these things? Image
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 am

i know one thing and one thing only. apps like that actually do exist and the cameras and apps are legal.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Actually I was referencing this, was I the only one who grew up on these things?

Yes you were. Although I did have those, but they were in ball shape instead of stick shape.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Slendy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 am

Blood Lord wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:

who is King Leo?

No, that's King Kandy.

By her "condition" is the mouse referring to Ginger's dual personality? Is he just going to tell all the other brave hearts that the princess is schizophrenic and her imaginary twin is dangerous? Exactly how much influence does Licorice have on our world after all? If she can't be seen by others, surely they'd see objects that she interacts with move. This would make her very real indeed, just invisible.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Slendy wrote:By her "condition" is the mouse referring to Ginger's dual personality?

Yes.

Slendy wrote:Is he just going to tell all the other brave hearts that the princess is schizophrenic and her imaginary twin is dangerous?

Possibly, but it would just be the ones assigned to watch over her.

No need to tell everyone and their dog about it. The fewer people know, the less likely that Ginger or Licorice will find out and they won't do anything rash.

Slendy wrote:Exactly how much influence does Licorice have on our world after all?

On "our" world, very little unless she is in a major position of power. Earlier in the comic we saw how some of the kingdom's exert influence over our world. Such as how the Candy Kingdom controls the taste of sweets and the associated properties.

Now if you want to know how much influence she has in their world of Kingdoms, that's another matter entirely. In the nightmare realm, she had the ability to physically manifest. Here, I think Ginger is the dominate personality and controller, so Licorice would just appear at best a phantom. But I think it would be more likely for Ginger to be able to see her, or for the Licorice personality to take over Ginger.

Semper Vigilans

Postby xbox432 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Re last panel: When did Cthulu get a doctors degree?)

Hmm, I was thinking the Illithid's from D&D but the old god is a valid option too. I guess being in a hospital he gets to enjoy not only the misery of the injured, but also the anguish of the cured once they get their bill.
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm

xbox432 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Re last panel: When did Cthulu get a doctors degree?)

Hmm, I was thinking the Illithid's from D&D but the old god is a valid option too. I guess being in a hospital he gets to enjoy not only the misery of the injured, but also the anguish of the cured once they get their bill.

Actually your guess has a slight edge, I just realized something critcal is missing from the image. If that really is Cthulu (or given it isn't 60 ft, tall, one of his spawn) there'd be bat wings poking out of the back of the coat (Cthulu and his spawn can grow or shrink body parts, but they can't make them dissappear entierly, so they'd be there). Chalk it up to the shameful fact that, for all I make use of some of the terms (I still call people in online games who I think are being stupidly reckless "Balrog Bashers") I have never actually played D&D.

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 am

I thought that by "her condition", the mouse was referring to Bo's condition in the hospital... Just because it is directly followed by the wonder if she requires a bouquet of flowers :unsure:
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Guardian » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am

Possible. I think its still a reference to Ginger/Licorice due to the way "condition" was phrased, but I can see it applying to Bo as well.

Semper Vigilans

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)