PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD - Bet, Check, Raise. All In? (01 Febuary 2013)

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Bell is stronger, and probably faster than Blossom, why would she announce that she is aiming at Gir before actually firing?

You understand what a threat is, right?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:24 pm

Tuor wrote:You understand what a threat is, right?
Is that a rhetorical question? I do know what a threat is, I'm asking 'why' is she doing it in the first place? Of all the things you could do, you threaten to KILL someone's 'dog' in order to disarm a bomb? This someone who is emotionally unstable AND stronger than you? I think I'm missing a few steps, but I do understand it's a threat. Once again, I'm not stupid.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Just making sure.

Do you have/have you ever had a pet?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Bell is stronger, and probably faster than Blossom, why would she announce that she is aiming at Gir before actually firing? She will undoubtedly intercept it; sending us back to square one, except this time with Bell pissed off. Having an angry enemy won't make your job any easier.

I don't think you fully understand what Blossom is trying to achieve in this page. Blossom is looking for any opportunity to divert Bell and Gir's attention to detonate that bomb. Charging her lasers(hahahaha), is a threat to Gir, which is a distraction to Bell.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Tuor wrote:Do you have/have you ever had a pet?
Yes, I currently have a cat and a ferret, but over the years I have had a total of 5 cats and 3 dogs. They passed on.

I was close to them, if someone threatened to hurt them I would kick their ass, no question. But unless their plan is to get their ass kicked, they wouldn't plan to hurt my pets, no?
Princess Stuff wrote:I don't think you fully understand what Blossom is trying to achieve in this page. Blossom is looking for any opportunity to divert Bell and Gir's attention to detonate that bomb. Charging her lasers(hahahaha), is a threat to Gir, which is a distraction to Bell.
True, true. But what then? After she 'distracts' Bell, they still end up back at square one, but this time Bell is angry.

I don't see the connection between Pissing Bell off and 'disarming' the bomb.

Wouldn't it be infinitely easier, and indeed more effective AND cliche to appeal to her sense of humanity or something? Not killing her dog?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:31 pm

But unless their plan is to get their ass kicked, they wouldn't plan to hurt my pets, no?

Unless it was their plan to piss you off/distract you

and wouldn't going back to square 1 be a benefit? Maybe she's just stalling
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Tuor wrote:
But unless their plan is to get their ass kicked, they wouldn't plan to hurt my pets, no?

Unless it was their plan to piss you off/distract you
Very true, but distract me from what? Blossom can only be in one place at once. She cant simultaneously distract Bell AND disarm the bomb. Thus making the distraction more of a game of keep-away that amounts to nothing than a plan that saves the world.

Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Tuor wrote:Maybe she's just stalling
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Hmm... stalling. If she is waiting for Buttercup, that would be nice, then it would be 2 on one. But Buttercup is kind of... tied up. This isn't so much of a 'plan' that requires her to be smart, it's more like 'oh fuck this is my only chance.'

Meh, it will all work out in the end and all semblances of logic will account for nothing. I'll just sit back and watch I guess.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Stalling for Buttercup makes sense. It shouldn't take her that long to deal with Sam. Even using it to force Bell to stop the process would be a good idea.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm

This page is pretty awesome, I love the extra content.

Looks like I was right about Blossom choosing to out smarting Bell.
I was also kind of right about Blossom using her eye lasers, not exactly how I predicted, but still.

Anyway, Let me start off by saying I don't think Blossom's aiming for the bomb. Because I don't know exactly how much she knows about it, but she at least knows it's a bomb, and shooting heated eye laser at an explosive device, would be just plain dumb.

I think it obvious that Blossom's aiming for Gir, rather or not she actually intends to hit, I'm not sure. Either way, It could work in her favor, because a panicking/berserk enemy tends to make irrational decisions (but this strategy could easily back fire). If she does mange to destroy, or at least damage Gir, Bell's not gonna go ape shit right off the bat, she'll most likely rush to his aid first. As for the stalling for time idea, I'm not sure about that.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm

She could be counting on Bell panicking and tackling Gir out of the way, forcing him to lose his grip on the bomb thus allowing her to destroy it/fly away with it.

Or she wants Bell to break down and give in. Bit unlikely though.

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 am

dang Blossom who knew you could be so mean......I like it

as for everyone complaining about her aiming at GIR look closely at what is beside him and you'll know what she is really aiming at
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:44 am

Birdofterror wrote:Very true, but distract me from what? Blossom can only be in one place at once. She cant simultaneously distract Bell AND disarm the bomb.

Why not?

¦:3
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 am

Havoc751 wrote:Anyway, Let me start off by saying I don't think Blossom's aiming for the bomb. Because I don't know exactly how much she knows about it, but she at least knows it's a bomb, and shooting heated eye laser at an explosive device, would be just plain dumb.

I think it obvious that Blossom's aiming for Gir

I don't think anyone in here was thinking otherw-

K13-ZAR wrote:as for everyone complaining about her aiming at GIR look closely at what is beside him and you'll know what she is really aiming at

Nevermind.

So K13-ZAR, whose name sounds more like a stormtrooper identification number or a radio station, why do you think she is aiming at something other then the bomb?

BeeAre wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Very true, but distract me from what? Blossom can only be in one place at once. She cant simultaneously distract Bell AND disarm the bomb.

Why not?

¦:3

Ah damn, he just did. Right thar like the hand of God.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 am

Biostar wrote:She could be counting on Bell panicking and tackling Gir out of the way, forcing him to lose his grip on the bomb thus allowing her to destroy it/fly away with it.

If things were to work in Blossom's favor, that sounds like it would be the most plausible out come.

Biostar wrote:Or she wants Bell to break down and give in. Bit unlikely though.

First off, I'd normally say Bleed would never kill off a popular character such as Gir, but after what happened to Blossom in GT, I wouldn't put anything pass him at this point.
Lets say this was true. As far as that theory goes, if Blossom were to destroy Gir, Bell would be devastated at first, but after the shock and grief wore off, she'd probably go strait towards Blossom, with the intent of tearing her in half like a phone book.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 am

Blossom suddenly became more badass than Rory. Even though she can only live once.
Never anger a magician

Postby Biostar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Biostar wrote:Or she wants Bell to break down and give in. Bit unlikely though.

First off, I'd normally say Bleed would never kill off a popular character such as Gir, but after what happened to Blossom in GT, I wouldn't put anything pass him at this point.
Lets say this was true. As far as that theory goes, if Blossom were to destroy Gir, Bell would be devastated at first, but after the shock and grief wore off, she'd probably go strait towards Blossom, with the intent of tearing her in half like a phone book.

I meant that she would give in to stop Blossom from destroying Gir. Like a hostage situation.

If Blossom would actually succeed in killing him, then yeah Bell would try to split her in two.

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Princess Stuff wrote:Also, Bell's face is fucking perfection in the 7th panel. The last one. Unf.

I respectfully disagree with that. You don't have that expression on your face while telling someone to back off. That doesn't make any sense...
I am the Winner

Postby Spoopy Princess » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 pm

One side is worry/shock, the other side is threatening/anger. I don't understand how you wouldn't agree. Her face is two different panels. It's perfect for this situation.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm talking about the close up. You wouldn't slant one brow and raise the other by saying "And your know I won't let you. So you're going to BACK OFF. NOW!." The expression is wrong in that. The closeup is nice and the colors that gives it the scary feeling that's going to or might happen, but not that look on her face.

I like the "You... you wouldn't" part.

Not sure why Blossom would want to kill anyways...
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:57 pm

For the last god damn mother fucking time. Bloosom isn't going to kill anyone, she's above that. Its a threat that would compromise her moral values if she "killed" Gir. If she fires, its to wound him or be a warning shot.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Is there a point in cursing? That is not professional. I'm just critiquing. It's what I do
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Is there a point in cursing?

It usually denotes anger, frustration, and other associated feelings.

CTCFirebird wrote:That is not professional.

Its an internet forum. Professionalism is not that highly valued in here as would be in real life.

CTCFirebird wrote:I'm just critiquing. It's what I do.

Not exactly the point right now, but calling what your doing as "critiquing" is a little overkill (could be the right word). The point is correcting your false notation of a imminent death in that room. I honestly don't give a shit if her exact words don't math the exact facial expression. This is manga after all, the point is to capture the dramatic expressions to convey mood.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Well you can't just say something like if she is or isn't. We'll have to see the next page or two to see what happens. As for my notation of the "kill" thing, I was just saying.

LOL If you don't give... a shit... LOL don't comment about it then LOL XD
I am the Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)