Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Post a reply

Grim tales: Eye of Nargal

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Rewind back to the earlier panels...
Remember how Minnie gave one of her eyes to Grim Jr, and conferred some of her powers to him?
Was that scene in any way influenced by Naruto? More specifically, was that inspired by Obito's donation of his one eye to Kakashi?

Re: Grim tales: Eye of Nargal

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm

You had me thinking this was a new update page. Its possible, but I'm not a Naurto fan so...

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 pm

You'd have to check times and all but I'm pretty sure the eye of the nergal bit came first since it was finished if I remember in 2006-8 and that wasn't mentioned in Nautro till 2009-2010. My dates may be wrong, but yea, check the dates.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:15 pm

No, the eye exchange thing from Naruto happened long after that part in GT.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Hahaha nargal.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 pm

And welcome ZaneS, our first new user for a long time.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Got it; thanks everyone.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 am

I don't know what inspired it. However, I would like to present the little information I found online about Naruto(From Wikipedia). The Kakashi Gaiden portion of the Naruto manga was published in Japan in 2005 and released in the US in 2007. After scrolling through the archives, I saw that the page where minnie offers the eye was posted on snafu in 2007. The anime portion was aired in 2009(Japan)/2012(US).

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

Well, the connection between sacrificing eyes and the aquisition of knowledge is a pretty old one. Think of Odin giving up one of his eyes to drink from Mirmir's Well of Knowledge. Or all of the blind seers in Greco Roman mythology. The eye's are the window to the soul, after all, share you eyes, share your soul.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 am

bluebluetopaz wrote:I don't know what inspired it. However, I would like to present the little information I found online about Naruto(From Wikipedia). The Kakashi Gaiden portion of the Naruto manga was published in Japan in 2005 and released in the US in 2007. After scrolling through the archives, I saw that the page where minnie offers the eye was posted on snafu in 2007. The anime portion was aired in 2009(Japan)/2012(US).

Bleed doesn't live in the US.
Post a reply