Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 am

One of the things about this particular page is the casual way Abedeer talks about the photos... even with the "You really messed her up" line, it's very... Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick.

"Here's Mimi with her friends... and here's you killing her friends. What a fun vacation that must have been."

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Question. What exactly are Mimi's claws.

I don't think what Hudson is seeing is the claws we've always seen, otherwise he wouldn't be surprised, would he?

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, as far as I know they are big, fake claws, adjusted by a big screw and with teeth in them as you can see here.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm

That was a long time ago, and, especially in that world, just because something is one thing, does not mean it isn't another.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Misery Chord wrote:Mimi killed Blossom...ouch! That is quite the surprise, because Jeff's prior explanation implied that Him corrupted Mimi by exposing her the unspeakable evil, and she abandoned her emotions due to the trauma of that and cutting off her hands...

That being said, I don't believe this page confirms Blossom as being the traitor. If "Heroes become whores in their most desperate hour" refers to Blossom that would imply that that the decline/decay was already underway when she and the devil joined flesh. Plus, everyone seemed to know that Him was Mimi's father, and implicit with "traitor" is the idea that the betrayal is done in secret. While this page doesn't exclude Blossom as a possibility, it doesn't make it more likely, either.


I agree with this whole-heartedly.
... Am I the only one that thinks the traitor is a character that was known, but not... WELL-known?

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:46 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Question. What exactly are Mimi's claws.

I don't think what Hudson is seeing is the claws we've always seen, otherwise he wouldn't be surprised, would he?


It seems like he's surprised at seeing the act of Him chopping her hands and replacing them. He probably never knew how Mimi got them, or that they weren't even natural before seeing the first picture.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 am

PP-Grim1013 wrote:... Am I the only one that thinks the traitor is a character that was known, but not... WELL-known?
That's what I'm thinking. I forget why, maybe it's just because all the main characters have been cycled through and someone off to the side would be unexpected. That'd be nice.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:25 am

Biostar wrote:It seems like he's surprised at seeing the act of Him chopping her hands and replacing them. He probably never knew how Mimi got them, or that they weren't even natural before seeing the first picture.

He knew she was human, he never remarked any surprise over seeing that in the pictures.

And do you really think that a picture of Him simply chopping off Mimi's hand would faze Hudson?

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Biostar wrote:It seems like he's surprised at seeing the act of Him chopping her hands and replacing them. He probably never knew how Mimi got them, or that they weren't even natural before seeing the first picture.

He knew she was human, he never remarked any surprise over seeing that in the pictures.

And do you really think that a picture of Him simply chopping off Mimi's hand would faze Hudson?


Him chopping the hands of his own daughter, maybe. Hudson is a father himself, or will be, or whatever.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

I like Mimi's hair this way.

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Biostar wrote:It seems like he's surprised at seeing the act of Him chopping her hands and replacing them. He probably never knew how Mimi got them, or that they weren't even natural before seeing the first picture.

He knew she was human, he never remarked any surprise over seeing that in the pictures.

And do you really think that a picture of Him simply chopping off Mimi's hand would faze Hudson?

He isn't showing any surprise in the first place.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

There's the "wow" thing, which he only gives, after he sees what her hands are being replaced with.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Is that an expression of surprise of Him cutting off Mimi's hands, or an acknowledgement to how fucked up she is?

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:01 am

It could be both for all I can tell.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:00 pm

But they are attached so... poorly...

I mean, she has to glue them back on for crying out loud! Couldn't Him have done a 'slightly' better job with her hands?

You know, the thing he spent so much time and torture on with the explicit purpose of making her seem more like him?

Kind of feels like he was ready to go for the first half, you know... the CUTTING part;

And was like 'Eh, fuck it. GLUE!' For the actual attachment.

The entity of ultimate evil is a bad handyman.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 am

I don't think the glue was meant to be taken literal. It was more of a funny moment.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:00 am

I don't think that HIM attached the claws poorly... I think Mimi's transformation simply isn't complete yet :unsure:

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:53 am

What are you guys all talking about? When were Mimis claws attached by glue? I'm confused. :?

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

sinistra-sundown wrote:What are you guys all talking about? When were Mimis claws attached by glue? I'm confused. :?


When they fell off a few pages ago, Mimi used Elmer's glue to reattach them.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Maybe...the claws are more likely to stay on, the more "evil" Mimi is?

Or how much hate is in her, or anger, or something, I dunno.

Something bad, hence why Jeff is so desperate to hide it and tears up when what the claws are is brung up.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Or they upgraded to 'Gorilla Glue.'

That stuff is just one step below welding things together.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:19 pm

punzil504 wrote:When they fell off a few pages ago, Mimi used Elmer's glue to reattach them.

Oh, okay, I didn't even notice that.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Maybe...the claws are more likely to stay on, the more "evil" Mimi is?

Or how much hate is in her, or anger, or something, I dunno.

Possible.

Also, as we know from FDB, she will later be able to control which form she takes, and when she goes from human to demon, her claws attach to her arms automatically.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Something bad, hence why Jeff is so desperate to hide it and tears up when what the claws are is brung up.
I think that is more because the Mimi killed her mother thing, not because of the claws.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Maybe...the claws are more likely to stay on, the more "evil" Mimi is?

Or how much hate is in her, or anger, or something, I dunno.

It was mentioned a way long time ago, that Mimi's powers are influenced by the seven deadly sins (Bleedman once had character charts). I think Him hints at this concept in the comic. I think that it said that her powers grow more that those sins are around, or the more she focuses on them. I can't remember.

Now though, it could be that she has to focus, or keep some level of "evil" about her in order to keep her transformation in place. A certain mindset seems the most likely. Mimi shuddered when she went from Human to Demon. Her demonic symbiote reacted also to anger and hate, as seen by its reaction to Minnie.

It short, yeah, something like that.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Something bad, hence why Jeff is so desperate to hide it and tears up when what the claws are is brung up

Well, it probably had to do more with the act of turning Mimi into Her, then what Mimi has to control in order to be Her.

Which makes me wonder. Why does Mimi want to be Her, over her normal human self? It seem as if she can just shut it on and off at will, so there must be some sort of advantage to be in demon mode.

punzil504 wrote:
sinistra-sundown wrote:What are you guys all talking about? When were Mimis claws attached by glue? I'm confused. :?


When they fell off a few pages ago, Mimi used Elmer's glue to reattach them.

IT WAS JUST A FUCKING JOKE PEOPLE. STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUS.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

Blood Lord wrote:Which makes me wonder. Why does Mimi want to be Her, over her normal human self? It seem as if she can just shut it on and off at will, so there must be some sort of advantage to be in demon mode.

I can imagine that her demon self doesn't feel that much psychological pain.

Think about it, a normal kid who killed her mother and suffered terrible physical pain couldn't really bear all that.

Re: New Grim Tales - 10/2/12 A Picture Says a Thousand Tears

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Personally, I couldn't care less about what Mimi's claws do.

Them falling off was humor- but- ah, yes, the seven deadly sin thing takes place. I bet when we go back to present-time Minnie's incestuous play will switch her back on.

Haha, I said 'On'

Anyway, I want to turn back to the Blossom thing. So everyone else is dead, huh? So much for team ups.

I think Blossom just had a breakdown and Him took advantage of her and yeahyeahyeah.

I always kindof thought that Mandy was the traitor? because she left and didn't help with any of the asskicking? But I don't think Blossom breaking down and having a demon hybrid baby was the traitoring, and either way- she came back and practicaly led the heroes, until her daughter, uh, cut her in half and all.

....... I fell on the floor laughing at Pyramid head. XD

(A theory that appeared in my head but is meant to be a joke so please don't maim me over it, I know how you are, Snafu fourmers.)

Blossom had the breakdown and slept with Him cuz she found out Dexter kissed Olga. 8D
Topic locked