Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Post a reply

Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 am

Taken from the twitter of Tara Strong, VA of bubbles. No official confirmation yet, but we can hope.

Fake. A little bit disappointing, but oh well.
Last edited by BeeAre on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Genndy Tartakovsky and Ringo Starr said it was, I think.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls X

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:55 am

Time to theorycraft. They will be teenagers.... that is all i have for now.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls X

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 am

I don't know what to say. If it's real... I will cry and be filled with joy. If it's fake... may the rage of many fans be heard.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm

D'oh shit. If this is real...

I don't know what I'm going to do. I've sort of made it a thing to not watch modern Kid's cartoons.

But... this is a reboot of the last Generation's cartoons... I'm not sure.

Well, I'll certainly be watching the first episode- that's a given. I watch the first episode of everything.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 pm

I've seen this picture on 9gag a few weeks ago, I kinda doubt it's legit ...

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Isn't this that rumored Powerpuff Girls X Butch Hartman is in charge of? With Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust as producers and writers?

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:53 pm

We hope that it is.

Here's the tweet I got it from.

A fan asked Tara about this, and she answered "Look!! A moose!". "Look!! A moose" is how the My Little Pony crew avoid fan questions that they don't want to answer. They have discarded false info before, so that fact that Tara avoided answering instead of denying the info hints that this might be true.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm

I'd hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it's fake. It's not like McCracken would even have time for a PowerPuff reboot anyway when he has Wander Over Yonder being made for Disney, which I greatly look forward to by the way.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm

DARN IT.

Oh well, we still have this. Hopefully.

Re: Guess who's back - Powerpuff Girls Return?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Grieffon wrote:Oh well, we still have this. Hopefully.


"He also added that the unfortunate passing of lead voice actor Mako (who played the shape-shifting master of darkness Aku) would certainly be an issue he'll have to resolve before moving forward."

I thought Greg Baldwin was already the designated replacement actor for Mako/Aku? Then again, there's still plenty of time to find a better sound-alike or voice that portrays Aku.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm

You should know better dude, Tara's got a well established history of messing with the fans for a good laugh.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Seeing many old shows returning recently, I can have my hopes up.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm

In this case I wouldn't.

It just doesn't feel right.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 am

in my wildest dreams: I want my continuity to be seen by McCracken and turned into an XTREEM versions of the girls for a new audience, with moderate success, like Batman Beyond, and not say, that one weird Looney Tunes Superhero thing? Bad. Batman Beyond? Cool!

Because I was always irritated that the show flirted with the idea of making the girls concrete superheroes and never REALLY did, to leave them in a drifting place between perfectly silly cartoons and to give them permanence rather than this drifting sense of sometimes real sometimes not real.

My favorite episodes were the things like Live and Let Dynamo and Speed Demon. The shit they played for mostly serious. Because when they got dark, they got DARK. Shit, man, Bunny's death? And all the shit they got past the censors?!

But after that ten year anniversary special? I just. I just can't see him wanting to make them serious. So my dreams remain dreams. :0(

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm

I am crying witubr , _ ,

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:37 pm

BeeAre wrote:Because I was always irritated that the show flirted with the idea of making the girls concrete superheroes and never REALLY did


Image

Image

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm

BeeAre wrote:in my wildest dreams: I want my continuity to be seen by McCracken and turned into an XTREEM versions of the girls for a new audience, with moderate success, like Batman Beyond, and not say, that one weird Looney Tunes Superhero thing? Bad. Batman Beyond? Cool!


I know you said "like" Batman Beyond, which gives a lot of breathing room... because if it were too much like Batman Beyond, you'd have Powerpuffs the Next Generation, where Blossom is the Mayor, Buttercup is Commissioner Gordon, and Bubbles is probably dead (because one of them would have to be deceased to create a angst and an excuse as to why they're not the PPG anymore), and then a new group of Puffs take over saving the world. Probably wouldn't be Mimi since she's an OC, but maybe the late Bubbles' daughter, wanting to avenge her mother's untimely demise?

That would be a very "Batman Beyond"-ish PPG.

Although "Puff Most Epic" comes pretty close to that as well.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes but cartoon network will never get to the extremes of PME.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Sir Soulchild wrote:Yes but cartoon network will never get to the extremes of PME.


yeah yeah yeah I know but Batman Beyond was really good. Started with someone dying. Those are my favorite stories, you know. Start with death so the pursuit of life feels better. Terry's *snort* dad dies, but he's still got the rest of his family, so Bruce Wayne, older than rock shit, telling him to do things as a bitter old man in a future-ass suit? That's cool, man. That opening theme. Static X. Shit. Cool.

If you DEAL in death as a theme to BEGIN with, it I dunno it lets there be room for kids to stand back and deal with the concept. I feel like the new Toonami could handle it, but no American company makes anime-style "young-adult" cartoons that are clearly not for KIDS in the shit they deal with. Frustrating fact of our current market that Anime is so badly impacted in too many places by the more unsavory parts of Japanese culture that it won't ever REALLY make the transition over here until MAYBE Tartakovsky can get Samurai Jack done. If Samurai Jack, the movie, gets made, and done, and Jack finally beats Aku, then maybe there's a future for animation here.

With Gravity Falls not sucking, and McCracken himself as far as I know doing Wander Over Yonder for Disney, Disney's back in action with cartoons, back in the vogue, and they patronage nice stuff now since Lasseter took over the whole thing. Pixar: bought by Disney, takes over Disney. Not bad. But impossible to do anything with, given that all the previous CN intellectual properties are Warner Brothers and DC to Disney and Marvel. Disney is a fucking empire. :[

So I know it's a dead dream. The show won't be revived in any sense unless McCracken were to be willing to. Play both sides of the field. Or allowed to do that in the first place. I know Nickelodeon allows overlap, but that's because it's Paramount. So it sits kinda in the middle and is weird. Like Dr. Pepper compared to Coke and Pepsi. Or 7-Up compared to Sprite and Sierra Mist. :P

Frustrating, but yeah, I don't see the girls coming back. Alas, alas.

Mir@k wrote:I am crying witubr , _ ,


*thumps chest, flares peace sign* mah nigga

Marquis de Soth wrote:
BeeAre wrote:Because I was always irritated that the show flirted with the idea of making the girls concrete superheroes and never REALLY did


Image

Image


u playin games w/ me boi. That episode was making fun of genre-pieces. ;P (and Liberty Belle actually became a character somewhere if I recall.)

You can't tell me they legitimately didn't go dark. Watch Speed Demon. It's on YouTube. The girls don't win, not really. They just break physics and get traumatized. :][

AND THE MOVIE. THE MOVIE TOOK SHIT SERIOUSLY. There were jokes, but there was serious shit, man. Damn it all, I wish they movie wasn't so focused on all the different monkey jokes. ;_;

Did they need that many monkey jokes? Swear ta fokkin gawd mang. The fighting was GOOD at the end but all these fucking monkey jokes man. Cut that plot from Mojo's story, so it didn't eat up most of the fucking budget. It just felt tedious, not threatening. MAN. MAN THE MONKEYS. I can't get over all the primate shit. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

...

I like the Powerpuff Girls, okay. I am the biggest fan of the Powerpuff Girls. >:[ I will fight anyone who disputes me IRL!!!!!!! (this is not true)

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the Cerberus Syndrome.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Marquis de Soth wrote:Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the Cerberus Syndrome.


I am a fan of the capacity for drama in situations typically comedic, but don't think that I would dismiss comedy altogether, it's just it would be more, I dunno, substantial to relation than circumstantial. That's a thematic thing.

When kids say THAT'S SO RANDOM they mean more precisely Desultory. The quality of displaying a lack of relationships, not an absence. What appears accidental but is intentional. There are truly patternless things, but somebody yelling MONKEY CHEESE WAFFLE SPORK is not one of those things. Gir riding on a pig is not one of those things.

I actually prefer dark things first precisely because of the problem people, notably yourself, have with what that trope entails. I would rather there be action and death and bad before comedy because then comedy is a reward. But some people like foreshadowing and shit. And the SLICE OF LIFE mechanic is undeniably irritating in how it can end up becoming a mechanic for shifting the tone from light to dark.

So, it's not necessarily that I disagree with you on the nature of the idea that has been rounded up under the label of the trope Cerberus Syndrome, it's that if the circumstance that allow it to happen DOES HAPPEN, then it's indicating that progression. Steering back and forth between drama and comedy requires continuity, in my humble opinion, and the PpG universe didn't have continuity, so the drama, when it was very good, had undertones of being dismissed because several episodes indicated a sense of progression, and then suddenly the progression disappears, and the substance is lost, and the circumstance reasserts itself.

I just feel like the staff didn't ultimately do the girls justice, which is what they STAND FOR, MAN.

D:

oh well.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

BeeAre wrote:I actually prefer dark things first precisely because of the problem people, notably yourself


BeeAre wrote:precisely because of the problem people, notably yourself


BeeAre wrote:the problem people, notably yourself


BeeAre wrote:people, notably yourself


BeeAre wrote:notably yourself


I'm...notable Image

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:12 pm

BeeAre wrote:If you DEAL in death as a theme to BEGIN with, it I dunno it lets there be room for kids to stand back and deal with the concept.


That was one of the things that attracted me to the first season of Yu Yu Hakusho. Episode One - the Hero dies.

Fine, he pulls a Goku and gets better, but the entire first arc revolves around him "earning" the right to get his life back.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Wikipedia says there is a reboot coming. They are, however, going off of this guys reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... _of_hotel/
most likely messing with people.

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 pm

BeeAre wrote:AND THE MOVIE. THE MOVIE TOOK SHIT SERIOUSLY. There were jokes, but there was serious shit, man.

I'm glad to be logging into BR being awesome as fuck.

The moon scene, where they kept going back and forth between [depressed kindergarten heroes] and [monkeys fucking the town up] until that one second... My heart feels like it's getting poked with a wood flagpole.

I'm indifferent on a Powerpuff reboot. It was freakin glorious then, and it still is. I'd be impressed to see it last a couple eps without seeming like a really-stupid-joke-every-five-seconds cartoon, though.
Post a reply