New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:All mods in one thread talking to KIDS who will TAKE NOTHING in is exciting.

I just popped in out of curiousity while cleaning up a bot and this thread alone convinced me not to come back for another year or so.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 am

And just a reminder.
Marquis de Soth wrote:The subject of children having sex is incredibly creepy and you all can stop talking about it now. I never thought that I would have to start paying special attention for it but I'll be removing any other attempts at continuing that topic and handing out warnings.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 am

Well War deleted the post before I could edit it so here is a little clarification.

No more talking about it also means no winkwink nudgenudge dancing around the subject. Seriously dudes, stop being so creepy.
Marquis de Soth

Postby RPST » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 am

For me personally that kiss bears a strong resemblance to a scene from Les Miserables. Since I don't remember the character names anymore lets call them Guy A, Girl B and Girl C. Guy A and Girl B are inlove with each other and together. At the same time Girl C is inlove with Guy A, who knows about it but doesn't return her feelings. Until she gives her life to save him by standing in front of a bullet I think. While dying in his arms she tells him her final wish is for him to kiss her forehead upon her passing away. He kisses her lips. Obviously a kiss with a meaning of goodbye and thank you. Since Dexter is obviously very smart(if not too smart) he for sure knows she has some feelings for him. Making it more out of gratitude than desire. After so many pages of crying over Blossom and everything that has happened since the beginning that's the only sense it would make and at least for me - clear he loves Blossom. Though I think Bleedman shouldn't torture our minds like this and make us reach deductions xD. It's not nice, especially to die-hard DexterXBlossom shippers like me.

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Today shall be forever known as the "Day of the great Olga sh!tstorm."
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby RPST » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Yep next year we celebrate.

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Mirak wrote:His Kiss is much more an "i'm so, so sorry" than an "i love you", THIS IS NOT A ROMANTIC MOMENT, THIS IS A TRAGIC KISS.

Do we have confirmation that it's not a kiss on the cheek? :| I mean... normally, when a girl is kissed unexpectedly, her shoulders spike up a bit... Olga's didn't...
- but meh. Tragic goodbyes ftw~
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Well, whos to say that Olga kissed Dexter instead of the other way around?
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Biostar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Wallow Blacklake wrote:Well, whos to say that Olga kissed Dexter instead of the other way around?

Since it looks like he has his hands on her shoulders, I would say he started the kiss.

But at the end of the day, does it really matter? Doesn't look like either of them are regretting it...for now.

Postby gamefan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I would love some triangle drama after the incident. :P
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 am

gamefan wrote:I would love some triangle drama after the incident. :P

Time being erased, reset and re-purposed will make that a hard goal to reach.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Para » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:27 am

Wait, were people seriously surprised by the kiss? I saw that coming a mile away. Or at least, from the last page.

Anyway, I have an actual question. I don't really care about the kiss, but I am confused as to why Olga apparently has a crush on Dexter. So yeah, where did that come from? She seems to know, or at least suspects that Dexter has something to with her brother's death and in the beginning of the arc it seemed to me like she was out to get revenge. I don't remember this being resolved, so it seems strange maybe even contrived that she likes him now.

Postby UFOboy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:50 am

Para wrote:Wait, were people seriously surprised by the kiss? I saw that coming a mile away. Or at least, from the last page.

Anyway, I have an actual question. I don't really care about the kiss, but I am confused as to why Olga apparently has a crush on Dexter. So yeah, where did that come from? She seems to know, or at least suspects that Dexter has something to with her brother's death and in the beginning of the arc it seemed to me like she was out to get revenge. I don't remember this being resolved, so it seems strange maybe even contrived that she likes him now.

I agree. It is kinda strange. As for out of story reasons, to me, it feels like a reverse of the old Deedee and Mandark thing except... you know... less one sided. Maybe she started out looking for answers and just grew close to Dexter due to him having lost Deedee or maybe because Dexter is a lot like mandark.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:06 am

Para wrote:Wait, were people seriously surprised by the kiss? I saw that coming a mile away. Or at least, from the last page.

My guess was that as revenge for Mandark, she wants to fuck up Dexter's relationship with Blossom
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Hiroko » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:36 am

Actually, Olga does know, based on the "recap" page after the beach scene a while back.

My guess is that Olga forgave Dexter, given how truly sorry and guilt-ridden he was for what happened. Perhaps they bonded a bit after that, given that Olga saw that Dexter wasn't the killer she might have imagined him to be, and/or because of the fact that Dexter lost an older sibling as well (whether or not she knows this or they talked about this, I'm not sure).
The Sentimental One

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 am

The bigger question is WHY DOES ANYONE CARE?!

The only reason Blossom and Dexter got together was due to circumstance. Same place, same time, and it turns out they are both heroes.

ALSO she got kidnapped and killed (Then revived) Due to Dexter's rivalry with Mandark, if any relationship is forced and contrived, its the original relationship.

Olga and Dexter have much more in Common then Dexter and Blossom. Sibling Rivalries, families torn apart, etc.

This is why so many years ago I actually got booed off the forum for a while after saying Dexter and Blossom shouldn't be in a relationship, or in fact are not even in one to begin with. (I.E. the 'Unit' comments.)

They were wrapped up in a whirlwind of death and despair, nothing more. They became friends, close friends mind you, but Dexter's mind was always somewhere else. I would feel more sorry for Blossom if she weren't so dense.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Naur » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 am

To be honest I think this is the best piece of drama bleed's ever written into his stories; not just the kiss, but everything occurring in the background as well. Sure it's fully expected that something will happen that will restore everyone and undo the giant light of doom, however at this point everyone the protagonists care about is ultimately dead, and depending on how it's treated in the following chapters it could lay the foundation for some quality story telling. What really makes it stand out over some of the tenser moments from previous chapters or the other two comics is its pacing. Most of the rest seem to be either too brief or much too drawn out. This particular scene kept the action up all the way through and lasted long enough to establish what it needed to without milking the drama too long. Thus I say, bravo sir.

PS Korrmako writers.....take notes, this is how you handle a potential love triangle.

Postby RPST » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 am

Boot birdofterror again, he's talking nonsense.

Postby goggy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm

I like DexterxBlossom and I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Awake but Confused

Postby Negative-Zer0 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:40 pm

RPST wrote:Boot birdofterror again, he's talking nonsense.

"Oh no, an opinion that doesn't match mine! Boot the non-believer!"

Surely you jest, sir.

Bird oft Error

Postby BlackEve » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm

I remember someone made some prediction some time ago that Olga would be the main villain, with Bell being a traitor to the Darkstar Council and such. But now that the explosion happened... how much would change now that time is reset?

Postby Bandit » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:02 pm

achthenuts wrote:I see the story almost end, right ?

Heck no, you can bet that Bleedman and BeeAre have something up their sleeves. "The game's afoot follow your spirit and upon this charge cry 'god for harry england and saint George"

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm

who said time would be reset? certainly not me. Tachyons can be present and reverse time, but what about an anomaly with those Tachyons, my duckies? What would be worse than time being reset?

*heckler in crowd stands up and says "TIME NOT BEING RESET SHITHEEL" *

hmmmm okay let's go with that.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)