New Powerpuff Girls D: "Exopolitical Diplomacy" (6/19/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Powerpuff Girls D: "Exopolitical Diplomacy" (6/19/14)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 pm

This has been such a fun sequence to plan and script. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Re: New Powerpuff Girls D: "Exopolitical Diplomacy" (6/19/14)

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:01 am

I was wondering, Do you also story board each page as well? Because this one is really impressive.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:10 am

And now back to the comic that's actually progressing a bit now. The new PPGD pages are slowly catching my interest again, and if it keeps up, it'll be all the more better. Let's see where this leads.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 am

ari-6 wrote:I was wondering, Do you also story board each page as well? Because this one is really impressive.

Bleedman prepares storyboards based on a description of the events and I will amend those initial sketches with changes of focus. So. Sorta?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Nell-X » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:07 am

This page is quite refreshing.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 am

this page looks amazing but why does Vexus' abdomen look like that cause I don't remember it being like that in the cartoon she was in :?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:53 am

Storyboards? I thought they were thumbnails lol Like you sketch out quite a few, then choose the ones you like then have the final look like using 11 x 17 Comic Book Art Boards.
I am the Winner

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 am

Story boards. Or if you prefer draft pages. Thumbnails are tiny drawings to decide what something will look like. Storyboards are for working out page arrangement and panel layout.
Also, Bleed does everything digitally so he doesn't use 11 x 17 Bristol board.
Hope that cleared things up.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

I just looked at Vexus again, and it's not just her abdomen, it's her neck as well that's also twiggy! And it looks like her eyebrows are floating with a yellow ball. If you want to go further, her arms and hands are also thin, but you'd expect those to be thin though, but not the abdomen and neck. I'm sorry I'm nitpicking at Vexus's design, but to me, she looks more silly than frighting. lol

But getting back to the actual plot now, it's good that we see Protoboy, it seems like a small plus for some, and, well, it will be interesting to see what Mr. Red Tall has up his three-fingered sleeve and to see what Vexus really wants in the end.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 am

Vexus has always had that physique though :p
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:42 am

In Ultra's defence, Vexus's emaciation is a lot more extreme here than it was in the actual cartoon. But in general I agree. If the ancient Egyptian ruler was King Scorpion, Vexus is Queen Mantis (right down to the nemes and solar disc uraeus)
Speaking of the pysical bodies of the characters I have a question from the actual series. Does anyone know if Irken bodies are partially prosthetic? I'm thinking particulary of thier hands. There seem to be two completely different sorts, vaguely humaniod ones covered by gloves (like Zim has) and those spider like ones (like the tallest do) For a while I simply assumed this was a result of clothing (i.e. that the Tallest and those with hands like them are simply wearing some sort of gautlets with thier actual fingers poking out. But they actually seem to have different numbers of fingers (the "gloves" seem to have four, the "sticks" only three.) And I know that Irken's do have a mechaical part on thier back (I seem to recall some episode that showed that the port where the pack attaches to thier back is inserted surgically) So do rank and file have thier hands replaced with artificial ones with better "grip"? I have to assume that the Tallest's hands are the natural form as they are presumably considered the pinnacle of Irken physical perfection.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:23 pm

maybe the Tallest's gloves/gauntlets are simply a type of armor system with their real hands concealed inside controlling the fake cybernetic ones using some type of pulley control system
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Vexus looked a lot sturdier and well put together last time we saw her:
Frankly, I like this design alot better.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 pm

A lady can go on a diet if she wants to. I don't have to like it though
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Biostar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:30 pm

The Tallest are actually being impressive and yet not too out of character.

What's up with Vexus' text changing colors?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Maybe she was on intercom before. She doesn't need a device since...well...she is a device lol
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:36 pm

I wonder if Bleedman's played/watched Halo

Postby Nell-X » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:56 pm

I second your opinion Havoc.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Actually, I looked at the design for Vexas in the cartoon, and this is almost an accurate depiction of her Bleed style. The only problem being, of course, her abdomen and neck, looks to twiggy and breakable.

Havoc wrote:Vexus looked a lot sturdier and well put together last time we saw her:
Frankly, I like this design alot better.

That was a better design for her. Maybe it's like Ari said, she went on a diet. :p
Just Rockin

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Vexus looks taller now. My money is on her deciding that the increased ganglyness was worth it if it made her height look greater. Given she knew she would be going up against the Irkens who put such value on height; looking as tall as possible would probably be considered to possibly be psychologically intimidating, as well as advantageous should she wish to enslave the under-irkens as opposed to destroying them.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Higurashi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:13 am

Just a couple of thoughts:
After comparing Vexas's new model to the old and comtemplating any possible benefits, it occured to me that her new form looks much more like an Irken Tallest than it did previously. (I think someone else commented on this.) You might notice that her hands are also in the Irken 3 finger form rather than the claws she used to have. With these changes in mind, I think it would not be unreasonable to predict her trying to depose the Tallest and disguise herself as one of them, thus taking over the Irken Empire.

Also, I'm going to laugh my ass off if the 'secret' weapon is a Gir clone. (No, not another SIR robot, but a copy/similar version of Gir himself.)
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:42 am

I don't know about the "Vexus wanting to look like the Tall Ones" thing. It doesn't make much since to me. A thought that I had was that maybe Vexus is in disrepair. But she doesn't look too rough, like she's taken a lot of damage or anything.

ULTRADJ wrote:Maybe it's like Ari said, she went on a diet. :p

Well it is swimsuit season after all.

Bandit wrote:I wonder if Bleedman's played/watched Halo

What does that have to do with anything?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:12 am

The idea goes sort of like this; It is canon to the show that, in Irken society, the taller you are, the higher your social status. Those in command do not just happen to be the tallest Irkens, that is actually a prerequisite for the job, in fact, the ONLY one. The only reason there are two of them is that they both happen to be EXACTLY the same height (again, show canon). That's why I implied the Tallest presumably do NOT have any body modifications. If they were allowed to have such modifications one would expect them to be in a perpetual cybernetic arms race to each become taller than the other, since they could then rule alone.
So the idea is that, if Vexus want's the Irkens to serve her, she may have modified her body to play into their culture and exploit it. Her forces are probably to limited to maintain such control over the Irken's long term by force, and she is presumably WELL versed in alternate ways of keeping power (you don't get to rule as queen for almost 2000 years if you aren't). Because of the way the Irken's think, if she looked a bit like the Tallest, but even TALLER than them, then, when she claims the throne, it might actually legitimize her reign in their eyes. Or it could be as Higurashi suggested, she could be going for strict disguise. We KNOW she can body morph, but that her morphing ability has limits.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I think the fact that she is not Irken disqualifies her. As proven, the Tallest are not the tallest creatures in the universe, Just among their species. If any species could take over just by being tall then this would have caused their hierarchy to crumble long ago. Zim even tells them that there are humans taller than them. They do not show any sign of respect upon hearing this so my guess is a no Irken leader isn't happening any time soon.

If She were to try and disguise her self as an Irken, she would not have the necessary serial number or even a PAK. Essentially the same as having no history among a race that keeps track of every one of it's kind through cybernetic implants. Plus the fact that she is attacking their ship right now. They would not be stupid enough to fall for that.

If she was going to take over then she wold just force their servitude. The tallest are narcissistic enough to surrender to save their own lives.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:59 pm

I like where this is going.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)