The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 am

I wan't expecting Attack on Titan to come this soon either. But I'm stoked to see it in English. Did Space Dandy's second season start back up in June or July?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 am

Well it's been a year(?) and Animes get dubbed during that time (?) so yeah
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Cerulean » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 am

Season 2 will be starting up in July c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Gaah! So many animes I need to watch and catch up. I needs to find the time right now!
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby Glacial Expanse » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:43 am

AGH, I have to stay up until 3:00 just to watch Blue Exorcist and Black Lagoon...
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Glacial Expanse » Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey everyone! I know I've said I won't be posting updates here anymore but I've got some big news to share!

And with the announcement of Sailor Moon dub being redone by Viz Media, this makes this year quite significant for anime. Dragon Ball will be on Toonami for the first time in over a decade, and the same can be said for Sailor Moon being distributed in the US as well. The new Sailor Moon Crystal anime that's going to be released soon is also starting all over at the beginning and is going to properly adapt the manga itself.

Thoughts?
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby OrangeBee » Mon May 26, 2014 8:28 pm

So the attack on titan abridged was taken down because of the release of the english dub. It revealed too much and since they are now airing DBZ what is gonna happen to teamfourstar?
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Glacial Expanse » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:34 pm

http://www.dragonballz.com/battleofgods/

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be showing in select theaters in the United States and Canada. Sign up on the website above for update regarding the movie. I'm excited about this happening, although it may not be likely I'll be seeing movies even then...I really want to watch this movie.
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:14 pm

OrangeBee wrote:So the attack on titan abridged was taken down because of the release of the english dub. It revealed too much and since they are now airing DBZ what is gonna happen to teamfourstar?

Okay, SNK I get because it is still new and spoilers and stuff. But they can hardly worry about spoilers when what they are airing is based on something over 20 years old! There is a limit on how long spoilers last. No one worries about spoiling that Darth Vader is Luke's dad so why would anyone worry about this?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Attack on Titan only finished airing a few months ago.
Not Space Jesus

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:47 pm

???
Did I say something to the contrary? I said I can understand that SNK is still new enough to have spoilers but worrying about spoiling something like dragonball is just silly.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Looking bad on it now, it was a bit silly asking that
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:08 am

Naw, they have been taken down before so I can understand people who are worried it will happen again. But I kind of feel that for these groups who base allot of their lives around putting entertainment on the internet, they must have a very good idea how the system works so they can protect themselves from stuff like getting sued. Toonami is only just showing Kai now but Kia has been aired on TV before so I am pretty certain they are fine. I am really looking forward to the next DBZA

I also wanted so say that america has had Toonami back for a couple of years now. But in my country Toonami aired for about a year when I was a kid. When it was canceled it was the worst thing and it never came back. Now the only time anime is aired in this country is at 2AM on a tuesday. I know I can always watch it on the internet but it's just not the same as that feeling of being able to sit down in front of the TV and turning on some anime, it doesn't even matter which one.

It really was the best channel slot ever! But the cartoon network here doesn't seem to have a budget for anything except wacky children's cartoons. People complain about Young Justice getting canceled but we didn't even get season two.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm

CN is known for not beign great in other countries and constantly cancelling good shows
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:05 pm

A lot of stations cancel good shows and are not great in other countries.
Not Space Jesus

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Just like the Brazil.

wut
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Bad Dragon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Isn't Kai the censored version of DBZ? I may be wrong or perhaps it's just cause the DBZ Kai I watch is the one from the 4kids channel or whatever my brother has been recording it from.

I'm also annoyed where my brothers keep recording shows and Black Lagoon gets deleted due to lack of space before I can even watch it unless I stay up late. :( Missed 3 really good episodes!
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

IM SO FUCKING HIGH RIGHT NOW

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Kai is the version of DBZ without the filler arcs. It follows the manga a lot closer than the original did (though I did have fond memories of those fillers :c )
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Kai has been censored on allot of the channels it is aired on I remember reading.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bad Dragon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Hopefully it's just channels censoring and not the actual show then!
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.
"It was pounded into my brain every day of my life from the moment I started school that I had to be perfect, and if I wasn't perfect it was the result of some character flaw."

IM SO FUCKING HIGH RIGHT NOW

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Normally I wouldn't post mere trivia on this site but I found this on the web and I am SO RELIVED there is someone else who saw this on the Space Dandy Season Premiere (when I noticed it a few weeks ago, I thought I was going crazy)
http://siryl.tumblr.com/post/92131630900
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 am

Not liking how Black lagoon got changed to 3:00
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Cerulean » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 pm

So apparently Hellsing Ultimate will be coming to Toonami on September 13th. So far they're promising not to edit for time, and that the show will only be edited if content edits are required. If editing is done, then they'll be done to TV-MA standards

So the new schedule will look something like this on that day. (All times are EST)

11:30 - Attack on Titan

12:00 - Bleach

12:30 - Space Dandy

01:00 - Shippuden

01:30 - One Piece

02:00 - Gurren Lagann

02:30 - Beware the Batman

03:00 - HELLSING ULTIMATE

04:00 - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

04:30 - Cowboy Bebop

05:00 - SWCW

05:30 - Samurai Jack
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Batman :o Must look into this.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:25 pm

This Batman cartoon seems to have piqued your interest. I have to as that it's not bad; it's fairly entertaining. But it seems way too tamed for an Adult Swim/Toonami show. I sorta wonder of it was originally going to be on Cartoon Network's Prime-time line up.

Also so far, there hasn't been any of the better known Batman villains, like The Joker or Two Face (there was Harvey Dent, but he wasn't a villain, just a douche).

I heard that next Saturday they were going to do an Attack on Titan marathon for the Labor Day weekend. Does anyone know the schedule for that? I want to know what shows (if any) will thrown under the bus for this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)