The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Thundercats needs to be replaced and Symbionic-Titan needs a reboot for new seasons.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Thundercats needs to be picked up again and continue on to a second season. Damn whoever canceled that show.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Rushira wrote:While I havent seen .hack I've always wanted to, and this new show looks just as promising. However, since I can barely bring myself to stay up long enough after Soul Eater I'm afraid I'm gonna miss out (I actually had to DVR Sould Eater these last 2 weeks cuz of the time change)
I'm glad you brought up Code Lyoko, Dibulba! Considering they're adding a new season (the series ended a while ago), maybe CN will consider it again? Toonami might not, since Code Lyoko isn't exactly late night material...but then again, Thundarcats and One Piece aren't to graphic either so...

I'm just a hopeful fan.

I think you've hit the problem. Hower much I'd love to see more new material added to the lineup, the fact is that every new show extends the amount of time I had to stay up. I made it through to 3:30 for the run of Tenchi Muyo GXP but wound up in cranky zombie mode every Sunday (not great when there are things you actually had to DO the next day) I don't try and record the overage and watch it the next day, for the simple reason that I can't trust the recorder (which sometimes stops for no discerable reason) or the cable company (who loves to send system updates around 1:00AM that cause the boxes to turn off and need a manual reload. A part of me sighed with relif when the new schedule came up and I could get to bed 90 minutes earlier. I'm not sure how I'd handle it if the shoehorned in new program after new program or , god help me, decided to make an ALL new show lineup to run from 12:00 to 6:00. At least the opening overtures are probably pretty stable for now, Bleach, Naruto, Once Piece, and Soul Eater aren't running out of episodes any time soon (I think Soul Eater would run out first, and they still have almost a year's worth of episodes left (assuming they stay one episode a week, and don't take all that many breaks.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Guess I am lucky. I watch Toonami while I work an overnight shift since all I do is make sure clients are ok or need assistance with anything at my job.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 11:55 pm

That Thundercats reboot was just amazing. Don't understand why it went down in ratings (supposedly) after the first couple episodes. The animation was nice and the stories were nice to follow.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 28, 2013 12:21 am

Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:Hey guys! I got news for you today! Sword Art Online is now coming to Toonami in August! What do you think? I haven't watch Sword Art myself but the concept of the show is interesting.

:fuckedup: dude I think i just died and went to heaven just for seeing this post
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Dibullba » Tue May 28, 2013 2:50 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:That Thundercats reboot was just amazing. Don't understand why it went down in ratings (supposedly) after the first couple episodes. The animation was nice and the stories were nice to follow.

From my perspective as one of the people who fell out from it, I just got bored watching it. It started out brilliantly, but as the story progressed it was branching out to the episodic side stories. Only few episodes in the cartoon could be considered relevant in the storyline. It is not til the last episode that had been shown that those episodes became relevant to the plot which unfortunately by this time had poor ratings. What children really need (especially teens) from American produced cartoons is something that has a good linear story line, but too many companies just do not make those attempts. Currently the best series in this regard would be the Avatar series. Disregarding MLP:FiM (since episodes are episodic with minor continuity), Avatar is pretty much the only linear adventure story that works well because it is taken seriously.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 am

I do agree on that part, but aside from that everything else was spot on in my opinion. It didn't really catch my attention that it was doing that since I just got lost in how fun the show was. It was an adventure. Things happened along the way. Here and there something that would be more important later would pop up. Interesting things happened and I was cool with it.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Broke mah heart when I found out it died. It was great.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 am

So I've missed Bleach two weeks in a row now. I just wanted to know, has the series gotten back on track (the battle with Aizen).
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 am

I just stayed up all night to watch some of the shows. Mostly because I played slender and white noise for the first time on the same day.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 am

Havoc751 wrote:So I've missed Bleach two weeks in a row now. I just wanted to know, has the series gotten back on track (the battle with Aizen).

It had gotten back on track last week.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I am fucking angry because my tv just refuses to function properly anymore. It blasts white noise on full volume in the most annoying way and shuts off. And now I cant watch toonami now in particular. It is fucking terible. And I only had it for two years. God it had to start breaking down on THIS Night.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:50 pm

What were you wanting to see? Soul Eater? One Piece? IGPX?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:08 am

One piece in particular. But I just managed to use the projector in the basement now. Still slightly disappointed that they didn't pick up at water seven or thriller bark.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 am

They've only dubbed up to the beginning of the Enies Lobby arc. Also it's a good place for new people to drop in or catch up with the episodes online since it's not plot heavy.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Anyone read OP? or any of the others for that matter? Or is this like a dub only kind of community?

Just asking out of curiosity.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:22 pm

I read a lot of one piece volumes. Pretty far actually.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:32 pm

One Piece and Naruto are the only two series from Toonami that I am reading. I'll probably never read Bleach since it is one of the few shows I want to remain "in the dark" about. As for Soul Eater, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to read it or not.

Personally, I prefer the subbed version to dubbed version. There are a few exceptions for some shows (One Piece, DBZ etc.) but that is mostly because I started watching those shows in the dubbed versions (before I discovered subbed versions of the shows existed). With the exception of One Piece (and maybe a few others), I try to finish a show the same way I started (i.e. start with sub end with sub or vice versa).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:21 am

I read both One Piece and Naruto

bluebluetopaz wrote:As for Soul Eater, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to read it or not.

I've been told that the anime eventually diverges from the manga because it caught up with the issues.    Also that the ending was awful.    So reading it would be the only way to see the real plot.

Postby Xendyl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Anyone read OP?

Just asking out of curiosity.

Watched the anime all the way to when it was finishing    Whitebeard Saga   . Skipped all the filler though, including Long Ring Long since I just considered it "canon filler". Next 5 months or so of Toonami's One Piece filler is going to be...interesting...

Started reading at    Fishman Island   . Oh God, that was an awful idea. Worst arc ever. Terrible for new readers of this series if they assume starting at the time skip is an okay point while they catch up on what they missed.

Postby Dibullba » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 am

Biostar wrote:I read both One Piece and Naruto

bluebluetopaz wrote:As for Soul Eater, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to read it or not.

I've been told that the anime eventually diverges from the manga because it caught up with the issues.    Also that the ending was awful.    So reading it would be the only way to see the real plot.

It stays diligent until the last episodes where it just makes up the most contrived freakin things that could happen out of nowhere. So the anime overall is awesome, but read the manga if you want to delve deeper into it. Really annoys me when animation companies decide to make an anime out of a manga just because it is popular at the time without thinking about the possibility that the manga will not end soon. Best example of this is with Fruits Basket where they get to Kyo's True Form and half ass the ending when the plot was much bigger. I think that was like the 6th volume out of 23 if that says anything.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:08 am

I heard rumor that they were going to pull a "Brotherhood" on Soul Eater, since I think most people agree they hated the anime's ending. I'd look forward to that greatly, despite knowing a couple things I actually did like that they changed in the anime after the branching off.

As for OP and some other animes from Toonami, I never actually read the manga of both OP and Naruto, and doubt I will. But with Bleach, I feel like it's better to read than watch the show. Some of the fight scenes are fleshed out in the anime, but overall it was a better experience for me to read without waiting for all the filler to end. Been more into OP lately anways, cringing when a new episode ends and I have to wait for a new one to be released in Japan.
An Optimist

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:53 am

You know what? I'm going to go ahead and read it.    There's a rumor out that manga will be ending soon    So perfect time to try to marathon it. With that being said, hopefully a remake is in the works as we speak.

I've heard mostly bad things about how Soul Eater ended, so I'm looking forward to it (the manga). I'll continue at a leisurely pace with the show for now. (@Dilbullba I know what you mean about Fruits Basket. I mean    they didn't even show (or allude to) the remainder of the zodiac   . Hopefully that series gets a much needed reboot as well)

After catching up with One Piece, I had to start reading it, the roughly a chapter an episode thing was killing me. I don't remember where I started reading One Piece...at all (it was somewhere around the    water seven arc    I think). By the time I was properly introduced to Bleach, I'd already started reading Naruto and One Piece. So, in order to try to keep some form of suspense watching these shows, I just didn't read it. The fillers in Bleach weren't that bad (at least for me) but the fillers in Naruto are what drove me to the manga.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:31 am

Okay, I watched from Bleach to Soul Eater last night. That One piece episode was better than the last few. Those last ones, all I saw was the straw hats were getting their asses handed to them by a cheating and deceptive crew. That is not normal. But this episode was a bit better.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)